Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | super mario hub!
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38 39
new direct just happened!!! so heres the few mario announcements: - mario golf super rush!!! every character gets a fresh new outfit, theres a new speed golf mode, [i]and[/i] a story mode where you play as a mii [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521051137839726605/811732242509463562/unknown.png[/img]stylish bowz - new animal crossing mario stuff. i dont play animal crossing but apaprently they added luigis moustache as a separate item finally [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/521051137839726605/811725349753847858/unknown.png[/img] [size=2]...also? can we please get any activity in here? it just kinda feels bad trying to keep up this thread and never getting any replies it feels like im kinda talking at a wall. i imagine some people just kinda lurk but i ... yeah.[/size]
new direct just happened!!! so heres the few mario announcements:
- mario golf super rush!!! every character gets a fresh new outfit, theres a new speed golf mode, and a story mode where you play as a mii
unknown.pngstylish bowz
- new animal crossing mario stuff. i dont play animal crossing but apaprently they added luigis moustache as a separate item finally
unknown.png

...also? can we please get any activity in here? it just kinda feels bad trying to keep up this thread and never getting any replies it feels like im kinda talking at a wall. i imagine some people just kinda lurk but i ... yeah.
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I mean I’m always here! I’m always up for Mario talk :)

I’m not that big on Animal Crossing either, but that stylish Bowow looks very good
I haven’t watched the direct, I should probably go check if anyone’s posted it on YouTube yet enedujd
last Direct I watched Luigi was murdered onscreen
I mean I’m always here! I’m always up for Mario talk :)

I’m not that big on Animal Crossing either, but that stylish Bowow looks very good
I haven’t watched the direct, I should probably go check if anyone’s posted it on YouTube yet enedujd
last Direct I watched Luigi was murdered onscreen
russianoreo_1.gif
Fronter(s): Vicky
About our system!
My art shop!
brokenankles_2.gifspinnyidle_1.gif
This direct had a smash reveal, and it wasn’t Waluigi. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
This direct had a smash reveal, and it wasn’t Waluigi. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Live today. Don’t wait for tomorrow.
sz13nwR.png
untitled_by_someoneanrgything-dbxcqk7.png
so what (mario game) have yall been playing lately?

i got donkey kong country tropical freeze on my birthday yesterday and its been a blast so far. love to see dixie kong. i am currently being beaten up by the second boss but i Will Get Through It !
i also intend to get back to mario sunshine soon enough. i think im somewhat close to beating it? i think i have hte 7th shine on every course but pianta village. unfortunately it means ill have to go through the goopy inferno but theres apparently multiple ways to cheese it so i will simply do that
so what (mario game) have yall been playing lately?

i got donkey kong country tropical freeze on my birthday yesterday and its been a blast so far. love to see dixie kong. i am currently being beaten up by the second boss but i Will Get Through It !
i also intend to get back to mario sunshine soon enough. i think im somewhat close to beating it? i think i have hte 7th shine on every course but pianta village. unfortunately it means ill have to go through the goopy inferno but theres apparently multiple ways to cheese it so i will simply do that
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
@PixelSpiral
I've been playing new Super Mario Bros for the DS, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Mario Party/Mario Kart for the Switch way too much, heh. I've also been daydreaming about getting my hands on any of the Mario RPGs (especially Dream Team), 3-D Allstars, and Odyssey.
Also still begging my parents for a Wii so I could play Super Paper Mario
I've also been playing a sprinkle of Smash Bro's Ultimate (still angry over how difficult it is to unlock Luigi) although I did discover the Mr. L spirit which made me rather happy . On topic of Smash Bros, Super Smash for the DS is an absolute blast
@PixelSpiral
I've been playing new Super Mario Bros for the DS, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Mario Party/Mario Kart for the Switch way too much, heh. I've also been daydreaming about getting my hands on any of the Mario RPGs (especially Dream Team), 3-D Allstars, and Odyssey.
Also still begging my parents for a Wii so I could play Super Paper Mario
I've also been playing a sprinkle of Smash Bro's Ultimate (still angry over how difficult it is to unlock Luigi) although I did discover the Mr. L spirit which made me rather happy . On topic of Smash Bros, Super Smash for the DS is an absolute blast
russianoreo_1.gif
Fronter(s): Vicky
About our system!
My art shop!
brokenankles_2.gifspinnyidle_1.gif
@PixelSpiral
I just started playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story! I'm really enjoying it. I've also been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on the side
@PixelSpiral
I just started playing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story! I'm really enjoying it. I've also been playing Luigi's Mansion 3 on the side
E7p15HM.jpg JvUa9ma.png
dT9HQge.png
a129Nss.png
f6m1unl.png

uOsoNEC.png
Wilfre-drawn-to-life-the-next-chapter-shadowwilfre-22219465-100-100.gif Wilfre_celebrate.gif
N4duj.gif
I haven't been playing very much Mario lately whoops

Mario + Rabbids counts right because I just got to the ghost world and I am excited to hear the phantom sing

Mario + Rabbids counts right because I just got to the ghost world and I am excited to hear the phantom sing
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
i've been meaning to pop in here but i keep starting new games so i don't want to have a discussion while i have something unfinished but considering i want to 100% 3d world i fear i'll never get around to it lol. im def enjoying the game so far though, i owned 3d land so i was already familiar with the controls and overall gamefeel. haven't touched bowser's fury yet but i've watched streams and it looks super fun, not being able to explore some of the more open levels in the main game bummed me out so its nice to not have a timer restraining you this time.

i finished odyssey earlier this year and it was incredible, i don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. 100% (all unique moons, im not grinding to buy out the rest of the shop) wasn't as exhausting as i'd feared and although i wouldn't recommend going for that on your first playthrough (breakdown road almost gave me a breakdown), i didn't mind or regret it at all. darker side is one of the easier final levels in the 3d marios but it still took me around 2 hours, not sure how that stacks up to others but im still proud of myself. my favorite kingdoms were seaside, wooded, and mushroom i'd be curious to know what levels other people liked.

3d all stars was an interesting package, luigi's mansion was one of my first "mario" games so im not too familiar with the platformers. 3d land was actually my first experience with any of the 3d mario games (its somewhere in between 3d and 2d so im not sure if it counts actually) so i don't have any personal nostalgia with these titles. because of that... not sure how controversial this might be but i wasn't the biggest fan of sm64. i didn't have a bad time by any means and it was really neat to see the worlds i've only seen through my laptop right in front of me for the first time, but god was mario hard to control. even by the end i never felt like i truly had control over mario, im not sure how much was the camera's fault and how much was the controls but there's also the explanation that i just sucked at it. i felt more anxiety during the 100 coin stars than i ever felt playing through darker side.

i went to galaxy next since im actually very fond of sunshine and wanted to save it till last and it was a far more pleasant experience. i had some difficulty with the gravity on some planets and it made me a tad queasy at first but i adjusted pretty quickly. there were some frustrating stars but the difficulty curve was so smooth i never got frustrated (the sole exception was blowing up the trash in dreadnought literally who thought that was ok). technically i haven't 100% the game since i need to run through with luigi but i might need to hold off on that for a few more months, feels a bit too repetitive atm.

sunshine has its issues, some of which are pretty damming but despite going for 100% i still very much enjoyed it. beach aesthetics are some of my favorite in games and having a whole game revolve around an island paradise is an instant favorite in my book. the fluddless levels aren't super enjoyable and it sucks that some worlds make you get through two of them to progress. i have mixed feelings on the blue coins, i wish a majority of the secret shines weren't locked behind them because they're so optional but i didn't hate going to grab them. using a guide is a godsend but good luck trying to figure out which one you missed when you hit 29. one neat thing was in trying to get to the lily pad level i performed my first (intentional) glitch in a game, clipping yoshi out of bounds to avoid the boat rides is a godsend. i tried clipping through the water to collect the red coins since the challenge itself is difficult as well but i ended up collecting the coins by pure luck after trying to exit the water like 10 times.

this ended up as a wall of text despite giving such sparse thoughts. i've always been a huge mario fan so its nice to have finally gotten to play through these games i missed during my childhood!
i've been meaning to pop in here but i keep starting new games so i don't want to have a discussion while i have something unfinished but considering i want to 100% 3d world i fear i'll never get around to it lol. im def enjoying the game so far though, i owned 3d land so i was already familiar with the controls and overall gamefeel. haven't touched bowser's fury yet but i've watched streams and it looks super fun, not being able to explore some of the more open levels in the main game bummed me out so its nice to not have a timer restraining you this time.

i finished odyssey earlier this year and it was incredible, i don't have much to say that hasn't already been said. 100% (all unique moons, im not grinding to buy out the rest of the shop) wasn't as exhausting as i'd feared and although i wouldn't recommend going for that on your first playthrough (breakdown road almost gave me a breakdown), i didn't mind or regret it at all. darker side is one of the easier final levels in the 3d marios but it still took me around 2 hours, not sure how that stacks up to others but im still proud of myself. my favorite kingdoms were seaside, wooded, and mushroom i'd be curious to know what levels other people liked.

3d all stars was an interesting package, luigi's mansion was one of my first "mario" games so im not too familiar with the platformers. 3d land was actually my first experience with any of the 3d mario games (its somewhere in between 3d and 2d so im not sure if it counts actually) so i don't have any personal nostalgia with these titles. because of that... not sure how controversial this might be but i wasn't the biggest fan of sm64. i didn't have a bad time by any means and it was really neat to see the worlds i've only seen through my laptop right in front of me for the first time, but god was mario hard to control. even by the end i never felt like i truly had control over mario, im not sure how much was the camera's fault and how much was the controls but there's also the explanation that i just sucked at it. i felt more anxiety during the 100 coin stars than i ever felt playing through darker side.

i went to galaxy next since im actually very fond of sunshine and wanted to save it till last and it was a far more pleasant experience. i had some difficulty with the gravity on some planets and it made me a tad queasy at first but i adjusted pretty quickly. there were some frustrating stars but the difficulty curve was so smooth i never got frustrated (the sole exception was blowing up the trash in dreadnought literally who thought that was ok). technically i haven't 100% the game since i need to run through with luigi but i might need to hold off on that for a few more months, feels a bit too repetitive atm.

sunshine has its issues, some of which are pretty damming but despite going for 100% i still very much enjoyed it. beach aesthetics are some of my favorite in games and having a whole game revolve around an island paradise is an instant favorite in my book. the fluddless levels aren't super enjoyable and it sucks that some worlds make you get through two of them to progress. i have mixed feelings on the blue coins, i wish a majority of the secret shines weren't locked behind them because they're so optional but i didn't hate going to grab them. using a guide is a godsend but good luck trying to figure out which one you missed when you hit 29. one neat thing was in trying to get to the lily pad level i performed my first (intentional) glitch in a game, clipping yoshi out of bounds to avoid the boat rides is a godsend. i tried clipping through the water to collect the red coins since the challenge itself is difficult as well but i ended up collecting the coins by pure luck after trying to exit the water like 10 times.

this ended up as a wall of text despite giving such sparse thoughts. i've always been a huge mario fan so its nice to have finally gotten to play through these games i missed during my childhood!
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
[quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2021-02-23 19:06:47" ] I haven't been playing very much Mario lately whoops Mario + Rabbids counts right because I just got to the ghost world and I am excited to hear the phantom sing [/quote] o hell yea lemme know on discorb if you struggle with the fight [quote name="voidbeast" date="2021-02-23 21:21:22" ]my favorite kingdoms were seaside, wooded, and mushroom i'd be curious to know what levels other people liked. [/quote] wooded! wooded!! steam gardens!!!! i love wooded its my number 1 favorite some others are luncheon and sand and yeah mario 64 is quite clunky.. everything is so slippery i havent played galaxy yet but i do gotta say i love sunshines world and dialogue more than anything! the gameplay itself is also like. pretty clunky. i still like the game better than 64 though
HydreigonOxide wrote on 2021-02-23 19:06:47:

o hell yea lemme know on discorb if you struggle with the fight
voidbeast wrote on 2021-02-23 21:21:22:
my favorite kingdoms were seaside, wooded, and mushroom i'd be curious to know what levels other people liked.
wooded! wooded!! steam gardens!!!! i love wooded its my number 1 favorite
some others are luncheon and sand
and yeah mario 64 is quite clunky.. everything is so slippery
i havent played galaxy yet but i do gotta say i love sunshines world and dialogue more than anything! the gameplay itself is also like. pretty clunky. i still like the game better than 64 though
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
ouhhh i feel so bad making double posts but this is just inevitable in this thread
ok sorryyyy for whining. its march, heres march releases! also remember, its the last month for you to get 3d all stars and play super mario bros 35, so if youve been planning on those, get to it!

mar. 2 - mario party 9 (2012, wii)
mar. 5 - mario vs. donkey kong: tipping stars (2015, wii u/3ds)
mar. 9 - super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars (1996, snes), wario land II (1998, gb)
mar. 10 - (mario day!) mario sports superstars (2017, 3ds)
mar. 12 - mario party 10 (2015, wii u)
mar. 14 - mario bros. (1983, game & watch) (luigi's first appearance!), mario's picross (1995, gb), yoshi's new island (2014, 3ds)
mar. 20 - luigi's mansion: dark moon (2013, 3ds)
mar. 21 - wario land 3 (2000, gbc), warioware, inc.: mega microgame$! (2003, gba)
mar. 28 - game & wario (2013, wii u)
mar. 29 - yoshi's crafted world (2019, switch)
ouhhh i feel so bad making double posts but this is just inevitable in this thread
ok sorryyyy for whining. its march, heres march releases! also remember, its the last month for you to get 3d all stars and play super mario bros 35, so if youve been planning on those, get to it!

mar. 2 - mario party 9 (2012, wii)
mar. 5 - mario vs. donkey kong: tipping stars (2015, wii u/3ds)
mar. 9 - super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars (1996, snes), wario land II (1998, gb)
mar. 10 - (mario day!) mario sports superstars (2017, 3ds)
mar. 12 - mario party 10 (2015, wii u)
mar. 14 - mario bros. (1983, game & watch) (luigi's first appearance!), mario's picross (1995, gb), yoshi's new island (2014, 3ds)
mar. 20 - luigi's mansion: dark moon (2013, 3ds)
mar. 21 - wario land 3 (2000, gbc), warioware, inc.: mega microgame$! (2003, gba)
mar. 28 - game & wario (2013, wii u)
mar. 29 - yoshi's crafted world (2019, switch)
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38 39