Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | super mario hub!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39
[center][emoji=blue mushroom][b]here we go![/b][emoji=blue mushroom] [img]https://www.mariowiki.com/images/e/eb/MarioGroup2DArt2020.png[/img] this is a place to discuss anything mario related! whether it be discussing mario games or other media, sharing fanart and your fandragons, sharing your experiences, various codes for the online modes, stuff like that! at the start of every month i will be posting a list of first releases of notable mario games that month. let me know if i forgot something! im subbed, no need to ping! [size=1]([url=https://i.imgur.com/WA6MtoG.png]link to the banner pic if anyone wants to use it still[/url])[/size] ----- to start things off, what are some of your favorite characters? my absolute favorite is luigi! the other ones in no order are lemmy, mario, orbulon, Every Toad, cappy and yoshi. and then theres like a billion others i cant place in an exact order but i love them a lot anyways. [size=1](23.08.2020 edit, this is as how it was back when i first made the post in november 2018 and my tastes have changed a little since!)[/size]
here we go!
MarioGroup2DArt2020.png
this is a place to discuss anything mario related! whether it be discussing mario games or other media, sharing fanart and your fandragons, sharing your experiences, various codes for the online modes, stuff like that!
at the start of every month i will be posting a list of first releases of notable mario games that month. let me know if i forgot something!

im subbed, no need to ping!
(link to the banner pic if anyone wants to use it still)
to start things off, what are some of your favorite characters?

my absolute favorite is luigi! the other ones in no order are lemmy, mario, orbulon, Every Toad, cappy and yoshi. and then theres like a billion others i cant place in an exact order but i love them a lot anyways.
(23.08.2020 edit, this is as how it was back when i first made the post in november 2018 and my tastes have changed a little since!)
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I love Dry Bones, Blue Yoshi and Piranha Plant. I haven't played much of the newer games, but my favourite Mario game is still Super Mario World.
I love Dry Bones, Blue Yoshi and Piranha Plant. I haven't played much of the newer games, but my favourite Mario game is still Super Mario World.
xe/xyr/xem
I love Mario, Luigi, Rosalina, and Bowser, and from the M&L RPGs I fell in love with Fawful. As far as Paper Mario goes I really like Mimi from SPM.

I personally wouldn't count Orbulon as a Mario character as Wario and his friends have their own series, although you could say they're in the same universe considering Wario's involvement in Super Mario Land 2? I wish we had a canon map or something because pretty much in every game there's differences in how Bowser's castle looks or where Bowser's castle is located and all the environments you pass to get there in the first place... not to mention the other places like Diamond City. I guess you could say Odyssey's map is probably the most we'll get out of it, but even then it doesn't have locations like Delfino Island, which we know is a totally different continent than the Mushroom Kingdom because they get there by plane.

Gee am I overthinking things
I love Mario, Luigi, Rosalina, and Bowser, and from the M&L RPGs I fell in love with Fawful. As far as Paper Mario goes I really like Mimi from SPM.

I personally wouldn't count Orbulon as a Mario character as Wario and his friends have their own series, although you could say they're in the same universe considering Wario's involvement in Super Mario Land 2? I wish we had a canon map or something because pretty much in every game there's differences in how Bowser's castle looks or where Bowser's castle is located and all the environments you pass to get there in the first place... not to mention the other places like Diamond City. I guess you could say Odyssey's map is probably the most we'll get out of it, but even then it doesn't have locations like Delfino Island, which we know is a totally different continent than the Mushroom Kingdom because they get there by plane.

Gee am I overthinking things
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@HydreigonOxide im personally counting wario games as mario games too so eh. as well as donkey kong. mario games reference back to warioware frequently in fact, like in mario party star rush apparently, warios title is "The president of WarioWare, Inc." also fun fact, the globe in smo used to have delfino island but it was removed, except the bump map of it actually remained just near mushroom kingdom edit to not double post: i made a list of games for the "mainline & rpg mario games anniversaries" pinglist, any changes needed? add, remove any game? [quote][size=2][size=2]february: 11 - mario & luigi: bowser's inside story march: 9 - super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars april: 9 - super paper mario 21 - super mario land may: 15 - new super mario bros. 23 - super mario galaxy 2 june: 3 - super mario bros.: the lost levels 23 - super mario 64 july: 9 - donkey kong 12 - mario & luigi: dream team 14 - mario bros. 19 - super mario sunshine 22 - paper mario: the thousand-year door 28 - new super mario bros. 2 august: 5 - super mario world 2: yoshi's island 11 - paper mario 29 - mario + rabbids kingdom battle september: 10 - super mario maker 13 - super mario bros. october: 9 - super mario bros. 2 21 - super mario land 2: 6 golden coins 23 - super mario bros. 3 27 - super mario odyssey november: 1 - super mario galaxy 3 - super mario 3d land 12 - new super mario bros. wii 17 - mario & luigi: superstar saga 18 - new super mario bros. u 21 - super mario world, donkey kong country, super mario 3d world 28 - mario & luigi: partners in time december: 15 - super mario run[/quote]
@HydreigonOxide im personally counting wario games as mario games too so eh. as well as donkey kong. mario games reference back to warioware frequently in fact, like in mario party star rush apparently, warios title is "The president of WarioWare, Inc."
also fun fact, the globe in smo used to have delfino island but it was removed, except the bump map of it actually remained just near mushroom kingdom

edit to not double post: i made a list of games for the "mainline & rpg mario games anniversaries" pinglist, any changes needed? add, remove any game?
Quote:
february:
11 - mario & luigi: bowser's inside story

march:
9 - super mario rpg: legend of the seven stars

april:
9 - super paper mario
21 - super mario land

may:
15 - new super mario bros.
23 - super mario galaxy 2

june:
3 - super mario bros.: the lost levels
23 - super mario 64

july:
9 - donkey kong
12 - mario & luigi: dream team
14 - mario bros.
19 - super mario sunshine
22 - paper mario: the thousand-year door
28 - new super mario bros. 2

august:
5 - super mario world 2: yoshi's island
11 - paper mario
29 - mario + rabbids kingdom battle

september:
10 - super mario maker
13 - super mario bros.

october:
9 - super mario bros. 2
21 - super mario land 2: 6 golden coins
23 - super mario bros. 3
27 - super mario odyssey

november:
1 - super mario galaxy
3 - super mario 3d land
12 - new super mario bros. wii
17 - mario & luigi: superstar saga
18 - new super mario bros. u
21 - super mario world, donkey kong country, super mario 3d world
28 - mario & luigi: partners in time

december:
15 - super mario run
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
I would like to be added to the pinglist for anniversaries :0

I never really thought about this question, but
  • Rosalina and Lumas
  • Yoshis. All Yoshis.
  • Star Bunnies (I have a huge Galaxy bias)
  • I used to really like Birdo for some reason
  • Penguins
I would like to be added to the pinglist for anniversaries :0

I never really thought about this question, but
  • Rosalina and Lumas
  • Yoshis. All Yoshis.
  • Star Bunnies (I have a huge Galaxy bias)
  • I used to really like Birdo for some reason
  • Penguins
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
@PrehistoryMaker both pinglists?
@PrehistoryMaker both pinglists?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
On your calendar, don't forget March 10th is Mario Day!

which is funny because it's literally the day after Super Mario RPG came out, heh
On your calendar, don't forget March 10th is Mario Day!

which is funny because it's literally the day after Super Mario RPG came out, heh
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
@HydreigonOxide yeah i cant forget the mar10 day but its a gam calendar so its not in there
@HydreigonOxide yeah i cant forget the mar10 day but its a gam calendar so its not in there
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
For me, some of my favorite characters are Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr. Larry (I really like The Koopalings in general TBH), Blumiere, Nastasia, Francis, Cackletta, Midbus, Starlow, Antasma, and Huey. (Wow, I have a lot of favorites)

I'll sub to this thread so I don't miss anything.
For me, some of my favorite characters are Daisy, Bowser, Bowser Jr. Larry (I really like The Koopalings in general TBH), Blumiere, Nastasia, Francis, Cackletta, Midbus, Starlow, Antasma, and Huey. (Wow, I have a lot of favorites)

I'll sub to this thread so I don't miss anything.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
@yarndrawcia get over here coward

Anyways, my favorite character is either one of the Bros or Popple... popple is amazing tbh
@yarndrawcia get over here coward

Anyways, my favorite character is either one of the Bros or Popple... popple is amazing tbh
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39