Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what's your irrational fear?
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15
- Having pictures taken of me. I am yelled at by my stepmom for dodging cameras whenever I see them pointed towards me, even if the person wasn't taking my picture. She says that I'll regret not having pictures of young me when I'm older, but I do not care. No pictures, ever. Unless they're with friends, or taken by me. That is the only time I allow them.

- Suddenly dying. The human body is extremely complex and thinking about that makes me scared that some important bit will suddenly stop working, resulting in my death.
- Having pictures taken of me. I am yelled at by my stepmom for dodging cameras whenever I see them pointed towards me, even if the person wasn't taking my picture. She says that I'll regret not having pictures of young me when I'm older, but I do not care. No pictures, ever. Unless they're with friends, or taken by me. That is the only time I allow them.

- Suddenly dying. The human body is extremely complex and thinking about that makes me scared that some important bit will suddenly stop working, resulting in my death.
i really like star wars ok
I hate pictures being taken of me?? Like I actually insist that I not be included in a photo whenever my family tries to do a photo session or whatever. Not that they actually listen, but... The whole experience makes me really uncomfortable to say the least.
I hate pictures being taken of me?? Like I actually insist that I not be included in a photo whenever my family tries to do a photo session or whatever. Not that they actually listen, but... The whole experience makes me really uncomfortable to say the least.
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
@EdwardKenway Not to worry. No part of your body suddenly stops working without reason. And if you’re fatally ill, you’ll probably experience symptoms first.

I’m mildly claustrophobic. Elevators are all right, closets are all right, but tiny boxes are most definitely not. Or being trapped under a blanket. Luckily, that never happens.
@EdwardKenway Not to worry. No part of your body suddenly stops working without reason. And if you’re fatally ill, you’ll probably experience symptoms first.

I’m mildly claustrophobic. Elevators are all right, closets are all right, but tiny boxes are most definitely not. Or being trapped under a blanket. Luckily, that never happens.
Greetings!
I don't like any of the bugs pictured below [img]http://www.hiltonpond.org/images/MothGiantLeopardCat01.jpg[/img] I only dislike the caterpillars of these. The moths are actually really pretty [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fa/Scutigera_coleoptrata_MHNT_.jpg/777px-Scutigera_coleoptrata_MHNT_.jpg[/img] KILL IT WITH FIRE [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/cc/Pepsis_formosa02.jpg/220px-Pepsis_formosa02.jpg[/img] Oh boy tarantula hawks oh how I both like and hate these things. I like how pretty they are but I don't want to be stung by them and the worst part was that they would get in our pool back when we had one and they would always be still alive when we find them
I don't like any of the bugs pictured below

MothGiantLeopardCat01.jpg
I only dislike the caterpillars of these. The moths are actually really pretty

777px-Scutigera_coleoptrata_MHNT_.jpg
KILL IT WITH FIRE

220px-Pepsis_formosa02.jpg
Oh boy tarantula hawks oh how I both like and hate these things. I like how pretty they are but I don't want to be stung by them and the worst part was that they would get in our pool back when we had one and they would always be still alive when we find them
Lair purge HERE
Spiders. I know that's a common fear.. but.. spiders. Just-- spiders. Like, no. No thank you.

I love snakes. But not spiders. Keep them far away from me.

I scream even at unexpected little bitty ones, which earns laughter and smirks from my family (rightfully), but I can't help it. Spider = scream.

I swear, it's almost like they single me out. One time, I said, "I think my greatest fear would be if a spider ran up my leg." Guess what happened twice for the first time ever that very same day?

Another time, my mom ordered me some new shirts. I started trying them on. I tried on a black/dark gray one, and a fuzzy brown spider the size of a quarter fell out of it and scuttled away.

Imagine the terror. Imagine the high-pitched Deathstalker "EEEEEEEEEP!!!"

And I swear, when I was little, there was a point where every time I tried to sit somewhere and write in a notebook, a spider came down from the ceiling. I was literally Little Miss Muffet.

And the thing is, they're just bugs. They're not out to get me. They're just living their creepy lives, and they happen upon me, and I get terrified, scream, and jump away from them. Otherwise, I'll just notice one on the wall and be like 0.0 and alert someone who's not afraid of catching it and putting it outside.

As creepy and terrifying as they are to me, I never squash them. I just make someone else politely evict them from the house. X'D

Spiders. I know that's a common fear.. but.. spiders. Just-- spiders. Like, no. No thank you.

I love snakes. But not spiders. Keep them far away from me.

I scream even at unexpected little bitty ones, which earns laughter and smirks from my family (rightfully), but I can't help it. Spider = scream.

I swear, it's almost like they single me out. One time, I said, "I think my greatest fear would be if a spider ran up my leg." Guess what happened twice for the first time ever that very same day?

Another time, my mom ordered me some new shirts. I started trying them on. I tried on a black/dark gray one, and a fuzzy brown spider the size of a quarter fell out of it and scuttled away.

Imagine the terror. Imagine the high-pitched Deathstalker "EEEEEEEEEP!!!"

And I swear, when I was little, there was a point where every time I tried to sit somewhere and write in a notebook, a spider came down from the ceiling. I was literally Little Miss Muffet.

And the thing is, they're just bugs. They're not out to get me. They're just living their creepy lives, and they happen upon me, and I get terrified, scream, and jump away from them. Otherwise, I'll just notice one on the wall and be like 0.0 and alert someone who's not afraid of catching it and putting it outside.

As creepy and terrifying as they are to me, I never squash them. I just make someone else politely evict them from the house. X'D

7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
Butterflies. I am afraid- no, not the right word. I am TERRIFIED of butterflies. In second grade our class was growing butterflies, and the day came when we had to release the butterflies into the wild.
But for some reason, when we released the butterflies after like 2 weeks, almost like 1/2 of the butterflies in our class started chasing. And back then, to a seven-year-old who was afraid of the dark, I was RUNNING FOR MY LIFE, as they chased me.
Eventually my teacher shooed the away, but that horrific memory is going to haunt me forever.
Butterflies. I am afraid- no, not the right word. I am TERRIFIED of butterflies. In second grade our class was growing butterflies, and the day came when we had to release the butterflies into the wild.
But for some reason, when we released the butterflies after like 2 weeks, almost like 1/2 of the butterflies in our class started chasing. And back then, to a seven-year-old who was afraid of the dark, I was RUNNING FOR MY LIFE, as they chased me.
Eventually my teacher shooed the away, but that horrific memory is going to haunt me forever.
nudX0O8.png
Quiet public bathrooms: the public part isn't scary, but it's kinds creepy since everything echoes... also it would be the worst place to hide if something bad happened

i do know someone who's afraid of cotton balls... dunno why, I think they don't like the texture
Quiet public bathrooms: the public part isn't scary, but it's kinds creepy since everything echoes... also it would be the worst place to hide if something bad happened

i do know someone who's afraid of cotton balls... dunno why, I think they don't like the texture
Pregnancy is understandably scary, I think? But I genuinely can't even think about it as a concept without feeling uncomfortable on some level.

Also elevators. I actively avoid them whenever I can.
Pregnancy is understandably scary, I think? But I genuinely can't even think about it as a concept without feeling uncomfortable on some level.

Also elevators. I actively avoid them whenever I can.
-
-
-
-
:3
I remember a kid (although I never met them) at school just a few years back, a grade younger than me, who appeared to either really hate or be scared of... crayons. At the beginning of the year, you know how classes tend to use those 'tell us about you' sorta activities? This person said if they were in charge of the world they'd get rid of crayons. Think they said they were scared of them. but I can't really remember. Honestly, I have no idea WHY this person hated crayons so badly, but to each their own, y'know?

I myself and irrationally terrified of smoking PSAs. If I see one, I'll end up having a shaking fit and I would avoid the channel from there on out. The things scare the bajeezus out of me.
I remember a kid (although I never met them) at school just a few years back, a grade younger than me, who appeared to either really hate or be scared of... crayons. At the beginning of the year, you know how classes tend to use those 'tell us about you' sorta activities? This person said if they were in charge of the world they'd get rid of crayons. Think they said they were scared of them. but I can't really remember. Honestly, I have no idea WHY this person hated crayons so badly, but to each their own, y'know?

I myself and irrationally terrified of smoking PSAs. If I see one, I'll end up having a shaking fit and I would avoid the channel from there on out. The things scare the bajeezus out of me.
T3TuubO.png
Zombies, for the oddest reason.

For some reason whenever I have nightmares they ALWAYS involve zombies, like, I've had a dream where the kids from the Simpsons were being chased by zombies then hid in a Fisher Price tea house, then for some reason a pterodactyl came.

I've had one last night actually, about a school that was like something similar to Assassination Classroom, but instead they just went to school and locked it up extremely tight because; you guessed it, zombies. I got bit by one on the thumb then I had a panic attack and closed the tab like on a computer then woke up.
Zombies, for the oddest reason.

For some reason whenever I have nightmares they ALWAYS involve zombies, like, I've had a dream where the kids from the Simpsons were being chased by zombies then hid in a Fisher Price tea house, then for some reason a pterodactyl came.

I've had one last night actually, about a school that was like something similar to Assassination Classroom, but instead they just went to school and locked it up extremely tight because; you guessed it, zombies. I got bit by one on the thumb then I had a panic attack and closed the tab like on a computer then woke up.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14 15