Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what's your irrational fear?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
i'm curious to hear about other people's odd fears!
mine's that other people know what i'm thinking. all the time. i know it's not possible, but what if they know?

i also like to think trypophobia is also an irrational fear, change my mind.

i'm curious to hear about other people's odd fears!
mine's that other people know what i'm thinking. all the time. i know it's not possible, but what if they know?

i also like to think trypophobia is also an irrational fear, change my mind.

mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
Immortality. I mean, I know it isn't going to happen, but just thinking about it too much freaks me out. A lot of it stems from having lost a lot of friends and loved ones (particularly friends from when I went through chemo), and the idea of having to continue to go through that over and over for centuries or longer just terrifies me.

Makes writing some of my characters a hassle since some have extended lifespans (vampires, elves, cyborgs, etc.) and I like to get into the heads of my characters to try to write them realistically, but I end up having an anxiety attack because of it.
Immortality. I mean, I know it isn't going to happen, but just thinking about it too much freaks me out. A lot of it stems from having lost a lot of friends and loved ones (particularly friends from when I went through chemo), and the idea of having to continue to go through that over and over for centuries or longer just terrifies me.

Makes writing some of my characters a hassle since some have extended lifespans (vampires, elves, cyborgs, etc.) and I like to get into the heads of my characters to try to write them realistically, but I end up having an anxiety attack because of it.
Formerly known as Brenning.
Walking near the deep end of a swimming pool as if the pool can somehow pull me in if I'm not on guard. Apparently I was thrown into a swimming pool when I was around 3 or 4 because someone quite wrongly though that's how you teach young children to swim.

I also was terrified of spiders long before finding out that I was allergic to them.

I'd say that most odd fears probably have some justifiable reason.
Walking near the deep end of a swimming pool as if the pool can somehow pull me in if I'm not on guard. Apparently I was thrown into a swimming pool when I was around 3 or 4 because someone quite wrongly though that's how you teach young children to swim.

I also was terrified of spiders long before finding out that I was allergic to them.

I'd say that most odd fears probably have some justifiable reason.
qDavPTk.png
@brenning oh no,,, that s u c k s i didn't think of it before now but yeah, bad.

@briton i can agree with that last bit, yeah! i'm afraid of heat in general (like from the oven or summer) because i'm super sensitive to it,, like i had heat exhaustion in 80 degree weather. oof.
@brenning oh no,,, that s u c k s i didn't think of it before now but yeah, bad.

@briton i can agree with that last bit, yeah! i'm afraid of heat in general (like from the oven or summer) because i'm super sensitive to it,, like i had heat exhaustion in 80 degree weather. oof.
mew.png
chan ! she/he
twisted cycle path

art commissions (OPEN)
dragon sales
dressing service

chantric -> chanidae
spiders ;; pretty sure it’s a phobia for me now
like i don’t live in a place where they’re deadly or anything. there’s no reason for me to be afraid of them logically, but i AM!! if i see one (i always manage to find even the smallest one...), it doesn’t even have to be close to me to make me super panicky. my brain starts telling me that spiders are all over me and i’ll just keep excissively checking myself over and retreating into the nearest corner, turning into a ball lmao
fun times
spiders ;; pretty sure it’s a phobia for me now
like i don’t live in a place where they’re deadly or anything. there’s no reason for me to be afraid of them logically, but i AM!! if i see one (i always manage to find even the smallest one...), it doesn’t even have to be close to me to make me super panicky. my brain starts telling me that spiders are all over me and i’ll just keep excissively checking myself over and retreating into the nearest corner, turning into a ball lmao
fun times
..................................... MUYNhfy.png
dEe2UrM.png

5hF3FGk.png
7Y0SkWr.png Np4NxIR.png
HZSRMw5.png
nL26Ewd.png
Getting lost while driving.

I get a panic attack if it happens, I don't know why. It's not like I get lost often, and I often go out of town by myself to go to conventions, so it's not like I avoid the situation. But I just start freaking out whenever I don't know where the heck I am.

I also wig out if normal bleach touches my skin. But I'm totally fine with hair bleach since I use it ALL THE TIME. On my own hair. I don't know why though. You just can't pay me enough to put a drop of it on my bare skin.
Getting lost while driving.

I get a panic attack if it happens, I don't know why. It's not like I get lost often, and I often go out of town by myself to go to conventions, so it's not like I avoid the situation. But I just start freaking out whenever I don't know where the heck I am.

I also wig out if normal bleach touches my skin. But I'm totally fine with hair bleach since I use it ALL THE TIME. On my own hair. I don't know why though. You just can't pay me enough to put a drop of it on my bare skin.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
Airplanes, especially over the ocean, I inevitably end up shaking and crying a bit rip. I think it came from when I was little, I'd always watch my dad play video games, and he was playing bioshock and the bit in the beginning where the plane crashes and sinks into the ocean gave small child me endless nightmares

Edit: also tsunamis, I've had reoccurring nightmares of them for as long as I can remember. When u grow up on an island a fear of tsunamis is drilled into u big time

All of my fears involve the ocean and I'm surrounded by thousands of miles of ocean isn't that amazing
Airplanes, especially over the ocean, I inevitably end up shaking and crying a bit rip. I think it came from when I was little, I'd always watch my dad play video games, and he was playing bioshock and the bit in the beginning where the plane crashes and sinks into the ocean gave small child me endless nightmares

Edit: also tsunamis, I've had reoccurring nightmares of them for as long as I can remember. When u grow up on an island a fear of tsunamis is drilled into u big time

All of my fears involve the ocean and I'm surrounded by thousands of miles of ocean isn't that amazing
tumblr_p2igbpsXZ01s1rufio1_250.gif
micah
he/him
don't touch me I will lose my powers
be kind to everyone
you will play half life now λ
Tsunamis. This despite that I don't live anywhere where they can happen. Like I have occasional dreams with tsunamis in them and they're never anything but terrifying.

Being trapped on an island in the ocean also scares me-despite you know never living on one.
Tsunamis. This despite that I don't live anywhere where they can happen. Like I have occasional dreams with tsunamis in them and they're never anything but terrifying.

Being trapped on an island in the ocean also scares me-despite you know never living on one.
Coelum Ad Proelium Elige
I own the most wonderful Shiba Inus named Jiro and Lou!
tumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.pngtumblr_ns64vqP8Fx1tm17oeo2_75sq.png
What do Shiba Inus~ like to dream about? Is it dancing Hainus?
using stairs,,,

it's started since i got my new glasses (very nice, thin and round and suits my 19th century aesthetic) that was bigger that my old ones. my old ones were smaller, so i often used my peripheral vision a lot. now my glasses are bigger, if i look down the stairs are a few inches away from where they should be, causing me to trip a couple of times

i got used to them already, but now whenever i climb stairs i need to find a railing or a wall to support myself ;;
using stairs,,,

it's started since i got my new glasses (very nice, thin and round and suits my 19th century aesthetic) that was bigger that my old ones. my old ones were smaller, so i often used my peripheral vision a lot. now my glasses are bigger, if i look down the stairs are a few inches away from where they should be, causing me to trip a couple of times

i got used to them already, but now whenever i climb stairs i need to find a railing or a wall to support myself ;;
blanklol
light_small.png
iQrvnPv.png
absolutely feral on main

he/they
+13 fr time
eGiN2Xv.png thDLJf3.png
[img]https://www.countynewscenter.com/wp-content/uploads/Crane-Fly-4-High-Res-770x540.jpg[/img] [color=green]these things *shudders*
Crane-Fly-4-High-Res-770x540.jpg

these things *shudders*
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15