Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Dumbest ways you have hurt yourself?
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 67
When it comes to scars: When I was VERY young I found a small blip of skin sticking up on my leg above my knee during a school assembly. I decided to bite it off. There is still a scar where I bit my leg. I did not succeed in biting off the blip.
When it comes to scars: When I was VERY young I found a small blip of skin sticking up on my leg above my knee during a school assembly. I decided to bite it off. There is still a scar where I bit my leg. I did not succeed in biting off the blip.
rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
I tried to pull up my covers and accidentally punched myself in the face. This has happened multiple times.
I tried to pull up my covers and accidentally punched myself in the face. This has happened multiple times.
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
I tried to untie a balloon, but it was too tight, so I searched it up and one person used a razor...

Let's just say my thumb wasn't looking good and I ripped that balloon.
I tried to untie a balloon, but it was too tight, so I searched it up and one person used a razor...

Let's just say my thumb wasn't looking good and I ripped that balloon.
unknown.png
Well, I was in my garage we have on our property and there was a heater behind me (it was in fact on) me thinking it was a small table or something, I put my hand on it and ended up in the ER. I had to put cream on my hand every single day until it was better. Also, I had to wear a wrap around it too. It was my left hand luckily otherwise I wouldn't have been able to write for a longgg time.
I'm all better now, this happened years ago but it was dumb.
Well, I was in my garage we have on our property and there was a heater behind me (it was in fact on) me thinking it was a small table or something, I put my hand on it and ended up in the ER. I had to put cream on my hand every single day until it was better. Also, I had to wear a wrap around it too. It was my left hand luckily otherwise I wouldn't have been able to write for a longgg time.
I'm all better now, this happened years ago but it was dumb.
2ice_by_cicide76536-dciu6hy.gif
If you think about it, we're all edible.
I was snowboarding and faceplanted hardcore. After a good howling (probably more from shock than pain), I made it down the mountain and took off my goggles, and I was bleeding from a cut on my face (not that I could see it). One of my glasses lenses had popped out of the frame (it didn't crack) and scratched me.

Another time, I was riding my bike through the neighborhood with my dad. Now, we live in a desert, and there are multiple washes throughout (to collect rain when the monsoons come). He rode down one side of a wash and up the other and told me to get up enough speed. I didn't and clocked my ankle with the frame somehow. Hurt like the devil.

Most recently: I removed the plastic cover from a disposable razor a little too brazenly and slashed my palm open... as tends to be the case with razors.

Tragically, all of these scars have healed.
I was snowboarding and faceplanted hardcore. After a good howling (probably more from shock than pain), I made it down the mountain and took off my goggles, and I was bleeding from a cut on my face (not that I could see it). One of my glasses lenses had popped out of the frame (it didn't crack) and scratched me.

Another time, I was riding my bike through the neighborhood with my dad. Now, we live in a desert, and there are multiple washes throughout (to collect rain when the monsoons come). He rode down one side of a wash and up the other and told me to get up enough speed. I didn't and clocked my ankle with the frame somehow. Hurt like the devil.

Most recently: I removed the plastic cover from a disposable razor a little too brazenly and slashed my palm open... as tends to be the case with razors.

Tragically, all of these scars have healed.
My Art Shop
Carrd
My Webcomic

XC93sMs.pngCSewt7J.png cNJO9da.png jy4N1pw.png
2rdo1pL.png pyAp3dI.png
I was grabbing a metal pan lid, FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN WHICH WAS LIKE 400-SOME DEGREES, because I was cleaning up after my sibling and I's cooking, and just mindlessly grabbed the thing closest to the sink, which was the pan lid that came from the pan that had only been removed from the oven seconds prior. My fingers immediately went numb so I wasn't aware of anything, and my ONE remaining stupid idiot braincell went "???" when I could hear and smell that something was... not right, until I finally looked over at my hand and went OH GODS OH FUDGE. Too late, those spots on my fingers were C O O K E D. 3rd degree burns, but they were small enough that I was told that I can watch and care for them at home, which I did so diligently. Thankfully I generally heal very well and quickly, and everything was fully healed and back to normal by about 10 days from the day of injury.

I got a corneal abrasion from stiff, dead grass stabbing me RIGHT in my eye because I hurriedly bent down looking under one of the cars looking to say hi to and pet the neighbor's cat who had run under it, and a lot of our grass is the type of grass that's thick and turns sharp, stiff, and stabby when it dies and dries out. I assumed that it was just some minor thing and that I would be better by the next day (because I am a fool), but the next morning, searing throbbing pain woke me up and I was in horrible agony and my eye looked as horrific as it felt, so I had to immediately get it seen. All was well and back to normal after being on antibiotic eye drops, but it was nothing short of an incredibly dumb way to get injured.

I'll add more to this reply as I remember them, because I commonly get very stupid injuries.
I was grabbing a metal pan lid, FRESH OUT OF THE OVEN WHICH WAS LIKE 400-SOME DEGREES, because I was cleaning up after my sibling and I's cooking, and just mindlessly grabbed the thing closest to the sink, which was the pan lid that came from the pan that had only been removed from the oven seconds prior. My fingers immediately went numb so I wasn't aware of anything, and my ONE remaining stupid idiot braincell went "???" when I could hear and smell that something was... not right, until I finally looked over at my hand and went OH GODS OH FUDGE. Too late, those spots on my fingers were C O O K E D. 3rd degree burns, but they were small enough that I was told that I can watch and care for them at home, which I did so diligently. Thankfully I generally heal very well and quickly, and everything was fully healed and back to normal by about 10 days from the day of injury.

I got a corneal abrasion from stiff, dead grass stabbing me RIGHT in my eye because I hurriedly bent down looking under one of the cars looking to say hi to and pet the neighbor's cat who had run under it, and a lot of our grass is the type of grass that's thick and turns sharp, stiff, and stabby when it dies and dries out. I assumed that it was just some minor thing and that I would be better by the next day (because I am a fool), but the next morning, searing throbbing pain woke me up and I was in horrible agony and my eye looked as horrific as it felt, so I had to immediately get it seen. All was well and back to normal after being on antibiotic eye drops, but it was nothing short of an incredibly dumb way to get injured.

I'll add more to this reply as I remember them, because I commonly get very stupid injuries.
LuMKHMO.pngG8Qs5W9.pngImE8TtZ.pngoKZOZJE.pngdnRpItE.png
when I was 4-5 years old, I was running around in the house and slammed my face onto the flat side of the granite counter and blacked out, next thing I knew I was in the cop car to the hospital and blood was running down my face, turns out the impact broke the skin(?) and popped a vein on my left brow bone, now I have a scar from it. This all happened in brazil lol [emoji=skull size=1]
when I was 4-5 years old, I was running around in the house and slammed my face onto the flat side of the granite counter and blacked out, next thing I knew I was in the cop car to the hospital and blood was running down my face, turns out the impact broke the skin(?) and popped a vein on my left brow bone, now I have a scar from it. This all happened in brazil lol
lightweaver.pngMy wishlist!: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/78844376
As a 5 year old I decided to rest my head on my hand and lean said hand on closest piece of furniture. The said random piece of furniture just happened to be an old-timey type of lamp, the ones that got Very hot on the surface, no lampshade in sight. I just forgot it's there. A big chunk of palm and wrist skin got nicely boiled in that quarter of a second it touched the bulb. All I remeber is that burn took a while to heal.
As a 5 year old I decided to rest my head on my hand and lean said hand on closest piece of furniture. The said random piece of furniture just happened to be an old-timey type of lamp, the ones that got Very hot on the surface, no lampshade in sight. I just forgot it's there. A big chunk of palm and wrist skin got nicely boiled in that quarter of a second it touched the bulb. All I remeber is that burn took a while to heal.
Accidentally squirting glowstick fluid into my eye (also no, it does NOT make your eyeball glow in the dark)
Accidentally squirting glowstick fluid into my eye (also no, it does NOT make your eyeball glow in the dark)
6Wa6tbA.png WKtl2lb.pngvRLqVto.png
I was brushing my hair with my fingers and somehow managed to scrape off some skin from my forehead and bleed. Funnily enough, I was just about to clip my fingernails after that, too..
I was brushing my hair with my fingers and somehow managed to scrape off some skin from my forehead and bleed. Funnily enough, I was just about to clip my fingernails after that, too..
1 2 ... 48 49 50 51 52 ... 66 67