Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Meaning behind your username
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62
Junkrat was taken (eternal sadness) and I wanted something rat related so I took the name of a monster factory character.
Junkrat was taken (eternal sadness) and I wanted something rat related so I took the name of a monster factory character.
talVTRC.pngPVLY9UN.pngDHJ7JWN.png
Well, I wasn't enough to come up with a screen name so I picked my name partially due to the actual Black Dahlia case, and partially because one of my dog's are registered as TheBlackDahlia for the AKC.

This is her.
209habp.png
Well, I wasn't enough to come up with a screen name so I picked my name partially due to the actual Black Dahlia case, and partially because one of my dog's are registered as TheBlackDahlia for the AKC.

This is her.
209habp.png
HA_Basic.png
her……………… [img]https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/s480x480/e35/20838968_165790663989367_1265243682605367296_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTU4NDMwOTEzNDgzOTI3Nzk3Nw%3D%3D.2.jpg[/img]
her………………
20838968_165790663989367_1265243682605367296_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTU4NDMwOTEzNDgzOTI3Nzk3Nw%3D%3D.2.jpg
13ee4657328d39e8dd08554c4b0bec370d00a6b7.png
I named myself after Sofia from the Astrid Lindgren book, "The Brothers Lionheart". She's part of the resistance against Tengil, who is basically evil. Sofia gets the nickname 'Dove Queen' because she keeps doves, which she uses to send secret messages to the folks in another town who are at the center of the resistance. She's just awesome.
I named myself after Sofia from the Astrid Lindgren book, "The Brothers Lionheart". She's part of the resistance against Tengil, who is basically evil. Sofia gets the nickname 'Dove Queen' because she keeps doves, which she uses to send secret messages to the folks in another town who are at the center of the resistance. She's just awesome.
mxk5Q9c.png / 0LmIW1J.png / gASzi6V.png
9eXyW7h.png
t9QFlJ1.png
I'm a dork who's really into eldritch horror (hence the kraken part) and I want to study pharmacology
I'm a dork who's really into eldritch horror (hence the kraken part) and I want to study pharmacology
tumblr_nj9kyb0AiI1r28672o8_500.png
i57ulF2.png a
online, but afk
Cal
he/they
FR +0
hi!
[quote name="IMATRASHCAN" date=2017-11-29 14:48:49] its all in the name, friend [/quote] Nice, me too XD Mine was originally gonna be DarkASL, because I loved this picture of an evil version of Ace Sabo and Luffy from One Piece, but then I learned that ASL means something not so nice online. So I changed it to DarkVSO, which means Voices, Sounds, Oblivion. Bc im EDGY asf.
IMATRASHCAN wrote on 2017-11-29:
its all in the name, friend

Nice, me too XD

Mine was originally gonna be DarkASL, because I loved this picture of an evil version of Ace Sabo and Luffy from One Piece, but then I learned that ASL means something not so nice online. So I changed it to DarkVSO, which means Voices, Sounds, Oblivion. Bc im EDGY asf.
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
Thousands Have Lived Without Love, Not One Without Water.
– W.H.Auden
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif
I ended up with Naufragate because I didn't like my original online alias quite as much as I used to.
My original username for other sites was DesAlexander, which was the name of an OC of mine and I just wanted to distance myself a little, and when I read Naufragate it just kinda..stuck. It just made sense to me, I guess.

Naufragate is drived from the word is Naufrago, which is a Latin verb that means "to be shipwrecked" or "fall through". Naufragate is the second person plural of Naufrago

It just held a whole new meaning for me, as I feel like I relate in the sense of being metaphorically "shipwrecked", and I'm always trying to pick up the pieces of something, whether it's family/work/life related or otherwise. It feels silly, but it gives me a sense of who I am. (more often than not, Naufragate (Like on twitter and here on FR) on any given social media is me - other times it's naaufragate (Like on Tumblr)

Edit: Changed wording and added clarity

Sorry it got so long, I'm just really passionate about my username I guess, lol.
I ended up with Naufragate because I didn't like my original online alias quite as much as I used to.
My original username for other sites was DesAlexander, which was the name of an OC of mine and I just wanted to distance myself a little, and when I read Naufragate it just kinda..stuck. It just made sense to me, I guess.

Naufragate is drived from the word is Naufrago, which is a Latin verb that means "to be shipwrecked" or "fall through". Naufragate is the second person plural of Naufrago

It just held a whole new meaning for me, as I feel like I relate in the sense of being metaphorically "shipwrecked", and I'm always trying to pick up the pieces of something, whether it's family/work/life related or otherwise. It feels silly, but it gives me a sense of who I am. (more often than not, Naufragate (Like on twitter and here on FR) on any given social media is me - other times it's naaufragate (Like on Tumblr)

Edit: Changed wording and added clarity

Sorry it got so long, I'm just really passionate about my username I guess, lol.
tumblr_inline_nbax555ssE1qg78ij.png
c4eYuF0.gif
q1eHdng.png
The last name from one of the first Mage families in Fate/Zero. My favorite character of all time happens to be from said anime and family. (I have a fanderg of him so yeah.)
The last name from one of the first Mage families in Fate/Zero. My favorite character of all time happens to be from said anime and family. (I have a fanderg of him so yeah.)
she/he/they | fr + 3
Brenning is part of the name of my character, Brenning Dragonbred, which is also an anagram of my real name. Originally it was the name of several of my tabletop RPG characters, eventually used in some other games and MMOs, and is currently the alias of a character from my original fantasy/sci-fi setting I'm writing.

I'm just really attached to the name. I thought it was pretty cool that my boring, mundane name could be rearranged to make a nice fantasy sounding name.
Brenning is part of the name of my character, Brenning Dragonbred, which is also an anagram of my real name. Originally it was the name of several of my tabletop RPG characters, eventually used in some other games and MMOs, and is currently the alias of a character from my original fantasy/sci-fi setting I'm writing.

I'm just really attached to the name. I thought it was pretty cool that my boring, mundane name could be rearranged to make a nice fantasy sounding name.
Formerly known as Brenning.
[center][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/68e4/f/2017/014/e/8/henry_by_henry_the_archer-davfq6r.png[/img][/center]
henry_by_henry_the_archer-davfq6r.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 61 62