Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things you love that nobody's heard of..
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62 63
@redhillzone

iNHALE

DID SOMEBODY SAY SPORE???

[GESTURES WIDELY TO THE 700+ HOURS I HAVE PUT INTO THAT GAME]
@redhillzone

iNHALE

DID SOMEBODY SAY SPORE???

[GESTURES WIDELY TO THE 700+ HOURS I HAVE PUT INTO THAT GAME]
oZSMaBu.png "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
they/them
tumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo6_75sq.pngtumblr_nr8pjkHLgO1tm17oeo5_75sq.png
[/code]
-Yume Nikki: a freeware game where you play as a girl named Madotuski and you sleep and wander around collecting these different items called effects.
-UTAU: it is a music making software, like Vocaloid but free!
-Yume Nikki: a freeware game where you play as a girl named Madotuski and you sleep and wander around collecting these different items called effects.
-UTAU: it is a music making software, like Vocaloid but free!
Pretty much the entire catalog of Tokusatsu hero series (both Japanese and other). There ARE fans (as evidenced by the sheer number of fan subs and the Super Sentai series that were adapted into Power Rangers getting official English sub releases from Shout Factory), but I very rarely come across anyone else who has seen anything other than Power Rangers or other adaptations that merely use parts of the source material, or a select few that have seen Ultraman or Kamen Rider. Very seldom have I met anybody that knows of the Tomica Hero series or the Garo franchise, or even the live-action Sailor Moon.

At least I'm finally getting some more people to talk with about Metal Heroes since they have been involved in crossovers recently with Super Sentai and Kamen Rider over the last few years.

I'm not angry about it or anything, I just wish I knew more people I could geek out with over cheesy, often brightly colored armored superheroes.

Pretty much the entire catalog of Tokusatsu hero series (both Japanese and other). There ARE fans (as evidenced by the sheer number of fan subs and the Super Sentai series that were adapted into Power Rangers getting official English sub releases from Shout Factory), but I very rarely come across anyone else who has seen anything other than Power Rangers or other adaptations that merely use parts of the source material, or a select few that have seen Ultraman or Kamen Rider. Very seldom have I met anybody that knows of the Tomica Hero series or the Garo franchise, or even the live-action Sailor Moon.

At least I'm finally getting some more people to talk with about Metal Heroes since they have been involved in crossovers recently with Super Sentai and Kamen Rider over the last few years.

I'm not angry about it or anything, I just wish I knew more people I could geek out with over cheesy, often brightly colored armored superheroes.

Formerly known as Brenning.
First of all, I was just rereading the Temeraire books and I love them so much. Temeraire himself is an amazing character, and I love Laurence's development over the course of the series.

As for other fandoms, I'm going to start with like... most of the podcasts I listen to. I can find people online who listen to them, but I have met... two people IRL who have listened to anything other than Night Vale. Ars Paradoxica, The Bright Sessions, Wolf 359, and The Penumbra Podcast are all really good and no one's heard of them.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is an amazing show that I absolutely love. It's loosely based on a Douglas Adams book, and the best description of it I can think of is The X-Files as written by Monty Python. There's a lot going on and it's really confusing at times, but I love it to bits.

I recently read the Leagues and Legends books, and while I get that most people haven't read them because they're independently published it was a really good series and I grew attached to these characters at a slightly alarming rate.

And filk! It's, for lack of a better description, nerdy folk music. Except it's broader than that. It's a really fun music genre that no one's heard of.
First of all, I was just rereading the Temeraire books and I love them so much. Temeraire himself is an amazing character, and I love Laurence's development over the course of the series.

As for other fandoms, I'm going to start with like... most of the podcasts I listen to. I can find people online who listen to them, but I have met... two people IRL who have listened to anything other than Night Vale. Ars Paradoxica, The Bright Sessions, Wolf 359, and The Penumbra Podcast are all really good and no one's heard of them.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency is an amazing show that I absolutely love. It's loosely based on a Douglas Adams book, and the best description of it I can think of is The X-Files as written by Monty Python. There's a lot going on and it's really confusing at times, but I love it to bits.

I recently read the Leagues and Legends books, and while I get that most people haven't read them because they're independently published it was a really good series and I grew attached to these characters at a slightly alarming rate.

And filk! It's, for lack of a better description, nerdy folk music. Except it's broader than that. It's a really fun music genre that no one's heard of.
NHCZe8E.gifnMkuik2.gifwO1H58F.gif
A certain tv series called The Librarians.

I've legit never met anyone irl who's heard of the series, and only like two or three people on the Internet.
WHY. ITS AN AMAZING SHOW GUYS.

Also the book series Spirit Animals has like zero fans anywhere.
A certain tv series called The Librarians.

I've legit never met anyone irl who's heard of the series, and only like two or three people on the Internet.
WHY. ITS AN AMAZING SHOW GUYS.

Also the book series Spirit Animals has like zero fans anywhere.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
@Brenning Kemen Rider FTW.
@Brenning Kemen Rider FTW.
My writing project.
Ohh boy, Ive got a couple (and a couple that have already been mentioned on here, hooray!)

-Coppelion. Manga series about girls who are immune to radioactivity exploring an abandoned Tokyo which was caused by a power plant melting down. Highly recommend reading it!

-Virals book series. No one ever seems to talk about this series and Idk why? Its about 5 kids who caught a strain of a Parvovirus and altered their DNA so they have super-human abilities. Okay reading that aloud makes it sound super silly but hey, its good!

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but theres probably more...
Ohh boy, Ive got a couple (and a couple that have already been mentioned on here, hooray!)

-Coppelion. Manga series about girls who are immune to radioactivity exploring an abandoned Tokyo which was caused by a power plant melting down. Highly recommend reading it!

-Virals book series. No one ever seems to talk about this series and Idk why? Its about 5 kids who caught a strain of a Parvovirus and altered their DNA so they have super-human abilities. Okay reading that aloud makes it sound super silly but hey, its good!

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head, but theres probably more...
@Windshear

Hello I like the Librarians.

Also I really like a book called I Am Princess X, it's an amazing murder mystery based around a fantasy persona and I love it so much and I've read it like 8 times.
@Windshear

Hello I like the Librarians.

Also I really like a book called I Am Princess X, it's an amazing murder mystery based around a fantasy persona and I love it so much and I've read it like 8 times.
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png hi, i'm may! nice to meet you. feel free to send a PM if you'd like to say hi! WKtl2lb.png
WQA384m.png
ZbNAjCO.png
SPORE?!

let me go ahead and plug my still-active account...XD

I really love Fossil Fighters too. I'm a total dinosaur nerd and FF is right up my alley-except that it isn't a challenging game and its a turn-based game. That's where Ark comes in.

@Luthyx
SPORE?!

let me go ahead and plug my still-active account...XD

I really love Fossil Fighters too. I'm a total dinosaur nerd and FF is right up my alley-except that it isn't a challenging game and its a turn-based game. That's where Ark comes in.

@Luthyx
Oh right, music.

Voivod should get a trophy for somehow staying under the radar this long. They've been plugging away slightly shorter than Metallica, and still fit under this catagory. You would think Prog Thrash with even a Pink Floyd cover would get the people's attention. But alas, radio talks and I barely know a soul who even knows of them..
Oh right, music.

Voivod should get a trophy for somehow staying under the radar this long. They've been plugging away slightly shorter than Metallica, and still fit under this catagory. You would think Prog Thrash with even a Pink Floyd cover would get the people's attention. But alas, radio talks and I barely know a soul who even knows of them..
My writing project.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 62 63