Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things you love that nobody's heard of..
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 62 63
[quote name="CellToasty" date=2017-11-10 17:33:45] a book series called Guardians of Ga'Hoole. it's not very well know but I love it a lot [/quote] @Celltoasty This! I can't believe I forgot this! I still love those! Most people only know it for the Dreamworks movie, and god knows Dreamworks has a knack for ruining amazing original properties. And speaking of this, the artist Owl City. As a kid I was convinced he got his name from these books. Is a coincidence his music was in that abomination of a movie?
CellToasty wrote on 2017-11-10:
a book series called Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
it's not very well know but I love it a lot

@Celltoasty

This! I can't believe I forgot this! I still love those! Most people only know it for the Dreamworks movie, and god knows Dreamworks has a knack for ruining amazing original properties.

And speaking of this, the artist Owl City. As a kid I was convinced he got his name from these books. Is a coincidence his music was in that abomination of a movie?
tumblr_ona6ed8Hu71u9ymyzo6_r1_250.pngtumblr_on2sm1UsoN1u9ymyzo9_r1_100.png
[quote name="PiecesOSky" date=2017-11-11 07:08:35] [quote name="CellToasty" date=2017-11-10 17:33:45] a book series called Guardians of Ga'Hoole. it's not very well know but I love it a lot [/quote] @Celltoasty This! I can't believe I forgot this! I still love those! Most people only know it for the Dreamworks movie, and god knows Dreamworks has a knack for ruining amazing original properties. And speaking of this, the artist Owl City. As a kid I was convinced he got his name from these books. Is a coincidence his music was in that abomination of a movie? [/quote] yeah, the movie wasn't that great. it was soooooo different from the books
PiecesOSky wrote on 2017-11-11:
CellToasty wrote on 2017-11-10:
a book series called Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
it's not very well know but I love it a lot

@Celltoasty

This! I can't believe I forgot this! I still love those! Most people only know it for the Dreamworks movie, and god knows Dreamworks has a knack for ruining amazing original properties.

And speaking of this, the artist Owl City. As a kid I was convinced he got his name from these books. Is a coincidence his music was in that abomination of a movie?

yeah, the movie wasn't that great. it was soooooo different from the books
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me. They're both shows by Bryan Fuller about people who died but are alive again, but that's where the similarities end. They each seem to have a cult following, but I've never come across another fan. :(
Pushing Daisies and Dead Like Me. They're both shows by Bryan Fuller about people who died but are alive again, but that's where the similarities end. They each seem to have a cult following, but I've never come across another fan. :(
image.png
Does anyone here know of Viva Pinata?
Does anyone here know of Viva Pinata?
ePOliyb.png
FObX7rS.png
Z0dFFal.png
AhAOq4S.gif
- Demon Diary. A manhwa, that's old as heck but I still love to death.
- Baroque, and Shadow Hearts the video games.
- Wish, a manga that's the cutest thing ever.
- Weiss Kreuz an old anime.
- Silver Kiss, one of the few good vampire books I've read.
- Warehouse 13, has been and always will be my favorite TV show.
- Demon Diary. A manhwa, that's old as heck but I still love to death.
- Baroque, and Shadow Hearts the video games.
- Wish, a manga that's the cutest thing ever.
- Weiss Kreuz an old anime.
- Silver Kiss, one of the few good vampire books I've read.
- Warehouse 13, has been and always will be my favorite TV show.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
@Amura Something that's even more under the radar than Shadow Hearts is nowadays is Koudelka. It's kinda the prequel to the series, the protagonist even appears in the SH games.

Anyways, in junk related to my first post... SMT3: Nocturne's Chronicles Edition just got a translation patch. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3283/
@Amura Something that's even more under the radar than Shadow Hearts is nowadays is Koudelka. It's kinda the prequel to the series, the protagonist even appears in the SH games.

Anyways, in junk related to my first post... SMT3: Nocturne's Chronicles Edition just got a translation patch. http://www.romhacking.net/translations/3283/
My writing project.
- Wolfquest
- Shelter, Shelter 2, Meadow and Paws
- Ori and the Blind Forest, to a degree, because I haven’t personally played it since it’d be much too difficult for me but I love the story, music and everything about it.
- Guardians of Ga’hoole (and I loved the movie, honestly, because it was beautiful and well-done, even if it was different from the books)
- Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea(!!!)
- Redwall (not as well known as it used to be)
- The Oh Hellos band
- Blindsprings webcomic
- Wolfquest
- Shelter, Shelter 2, Meadow and Paws
- Ori and the Blind Forest, to a degree, because I haven’t personally played it since it’d be much too difficult for me but I love the story, music and everything about it.
- Guardians of Ga’hoole (and I loved the movie, honestly, because it was beautiful and well-done, even if it was different from the books)
- Secret of Kells and Song of the Sea(!!!)
- Redwall (not as well known as it used to be)
- The Oh Hellos band
- Blindsprings webcomic

aKHNXwM.png
I love the Hellboy comics, but I never see anyone talking about them. There probably is a rather small fandom out there, but I've never had the opportunity to talk to anyone about them. When I mention Hellboy, some people recognize the name, but they have no idea what it's even about.

Also, The Girl From The Other Side or Totsukuni no shoujo, a very, very good manga and one of my favourites! Sometimes I feel like no one has ever even heard of it. Everyone's talking about The Ancient Magus' Bride, but not Totsukuni no shoujo, despite the latter one actually being far better (at least in my opinion) :')
I love the Hellboy comics, but I never see anyone talking about them. There probably is a rather small fandom out there, but I've never had the opportunity to talk to anyone about them. When I mention Hellboy, some people recognize the name, but they have no idea what it's even about.

Also, The Girl From The Other Side or Totsukuni no shoujo, a very, very good manga and one of my favourites! Sometimes I feel like no one has ever even heard of it. Everyone's talking about The Ancient Magus' Bride, but not Totsukuni no shoujo, despite the latter one actually being far better (at least in my opinion) :')
iIrk1Wj.png
I really like the Trauma Center series, I've only played Under the Knife and Trauma Team all the way through though, I've been meaning to get the other games, it got a little more popular recently due to Game Grumps playing one of the games though.

I know people have mentioned Spore and Wolf Quest here already but I used to be super into those, I don't have Spore anymore but I still have Wolf Quest, just haven't played it in a while.

I also play a game called The Deer God which is pretty fun but has some bad glitches.

I haven't actually played it, only watched people play it online, but The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai is interesting, I really like the soundtrack.

In terms of obscure cartoons I suppose Motorcity and Dan Vs. aren't that well known but I like both of them.

@Strade
I love Creatures! I've only really played Exodus and the one for the Playstation 1 though (the PS1 game seems to be super obscure? I don't think I've seen anyone talking about it on the Creatures forum I'm occasionally on) My favorite breed of Norn is probably the Fallow Norn, but I also recently started to really like Hardmans too, as for the Norns in older games there was one I really loved that I think was called a Horse Norn? The White Haired Pixie Norns are also pretty cute.
I really like the Trauma Center series, I've only played Under the Knife and Trauma Team all the way through though, I've been meaning to get the other games, it got a little more popular recently due to Game Grumps playing one of the games though.

I know people have mentioned Spore and Wolf Quest here already but I used to be super into those, I don't have Spore anymore but I still have Wolf Quest, just haven't played it in a while.

I also play a game called The Deer God which is pretty fun but has some bad glitches.

I haven't actually played it, only watched people play it online, but The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai is interesting, I really like the soundtrack.

In terms of obscure cartoons I suppose Motorcity and Dan Vs. aren't that well known but I like both of them.

@Strade
I love Creatures! I've only really played Exodus and the one for the Playstation 1 though (the PS1 game seems to be super obscure? I don't think I've seen anyone talking about it on the Creatures forum I'm occasionally on) My favorite breed of Norn is probably the Fallow Norn, but I also recently started to really like Hardmans too, as for the Norns in older games there was one I really loved that I think was called a Horse Norn? The White Haired Pixie Norns are also pretty cute.
tumblr_inline_ojq6kw7euk1r2ao8y_540.pngdratini.gifLL2jqUF.pngleafeon.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
@nightsurgeon creatures is so under rated, I love all the little bits and pieces in the game and all the creatures, like Etins and Grendals (i think thats what theyre called? my memory's fuzzy XD)
I really love the blue tiger norns from the 3rd game and i do have a few custom made norn breeds that ive downloaded that i really like too! I also played that village game but that wasnt as fun as the others are
@nightsurgeon creatures is so under rated, I love all the little bits and pieces in the game and all the creatures, like Etins and Grendals (i think thats what theyre called? my memory's fuzzy XD)
I really love the blue tiger norns from the 3rd game and i do have a few custom made norn breeds that ive downloaded that i really like too! I also played that village game but that wasnt as fun as the others are
fam idk what to put in this thing anymore
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 62 63