Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Things you love that nobody's heard of..
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 62 63
@applejuice

I actually just got my grown nephew into the Hellboy and related comics last year. He asked for some recommendations for something "out there", and that was top of my list.

I used to have an original sketch from Mike Mignola of Hellboy and my character Buddy when I met him at a con back in the mid 90's (I'm old). If my former neighbor hadn't left their apartment with an old space heater running, I might still have it.
@applejuice

I actually just got my grown nephew into the Hellboy and related comics last year. He asked for some recommendations for something "out there", and that was top of my list.

I used to have an original sketch from Mike Mignola of Hellboy and my character Buddy when I met him at a con back in the mid 90's (I'm old). If my former neighbor hadn't left their apartment with an old space heater running, I might still have it.
Formerly known as Brenning.
@Strade

I love Grendels but I gotta keep them away from my Norns, I don't think I've ever managed to train one to be chill around Norns but that's a goal of mine, to someday have Norns and Grendels living peacefully together.

I love downloading stuff for Creatures, new breeds, new objects, and new rooms, my favorite thing I've downloaded is probably the KT (i'm pretty sure that's what its called anyway) metaroom that goes with the Sabertooth norns, it's pretty hard to raise Norns there as it's a pretty hostile environment with little food and dinosaurs that try and bite your Norns but it's a fun challenge.

I actually didn't know the village game was out yet, last I heard they were still working on it, I'll have to check it out sometime.
@Strade

I love Grendels but I gotta keep them away from my Norns, I don't think I've ever managed to train one to be chill around Norns but that's a goal of mine, to someday have Norns and Grendels living peacefully together.

I love downloading stuff for Creatures, new breeds, new objects, and new rooms, my favorite thing I've downloaded is probably the KT (i'm pretty sure that's what its called anyway) metaroom that goes with the Sabertooth norns, it's pretty hard to raise Norns there as it's a pretty hostile environment with little food and dinosaurs that try and bite your Norns but it's a fun challenge.

I actually didn't know the village game was out yet, last I heard they were still working on it, I'll have to check it out sometime.
tumblr_inline_ojq6kw7euk1r2ao8y_540.pngdratini.gifLL2jqUF.pngleafeon.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
@nightsurgeon The grendels I always found were quite cute, but I always just sorta.. Locked them away and looked after thm away from my norns XD I liked the splicing thing too, where you can combine a norn and grendel or grendel and etin or whatever, it was really neat! I always liked playing it easy, I usually try and keep the norns confined to a nice area where theres no danger but I don't think I ever downloaded extra rooms or anything, I should try that! Oh no, the creatures village game is quite old o: [img]http://www.museumofplay.org/online-collections/images/Z003/Z00386/Z0038662.jpg[/img] Mine wasn't on a disc like this though, I had a 3 pack of I think creatures 1, exodus and village? I think? [img]https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51T3K9PDQ8L.jpg[/img] Just did a quick search, yup this is the pack I had! I believe it had 4 games in total but creatures 2, despite being my fav one, never worked on any computer I tried it on ;0;
@nightsurgeon The grendels I always found were quite cute, but I always just sorta.. Locked them away and looked after thm away from my norns XD I liked the splicing thing too, where you can combine a norn and grendel or grendel and etin or whatever, it was really neat!
I always liked playing it easy, I usually try and keep the norns confined to a nice area where theres no danger but I don't think I ever downloaded extra rooms or anything, I should try that!

Oh no, the creatures village game is quite old o:
Z0038662.jpg
Mine wasn't on a disc like this though, I had a 3 pack of I think creatures 1, exodus and village? I think?
51T3K9PDQ8L.jpg
Just did a quick search, yup this is the pack I had! I believe it had 4 games in total but creatures 2, despite being my fav one, never worked on any computer I tried it on ;0;
fam idk what to put in this thing anymore
Wolf's Rain
I'm not a big anime fan, but this one was so beautiful. The most amazing aspect of the anime is how realistic characters are. I truly cared about all of them and wished they succeed in finding paradise, which in my case doesn't happen very often. (Since my ASOIAF read I couldn't enjoy other books/shows completely because of how flat most of characters were compared to Jaime/Davos/Ned etc. xD) The plot is very interesting, not the happiest one, though. And the music <3 And the animation is so pleasing to the eye.

I didn't read The Gardians of Ga'Hoole, but I watched the film and it was so good, I still can't bellieve why it was so unpopular. Soren was definitely my favourite. A dreamer protagonist is the best protagonist. :3
Wolf's Rain
I'm not a big anime fan, but this one was so beautiful. The most amazing aspect of the anime is how realistic characters are. I truly cared about all of them and wished they succeed in finding paradise, which in my case doesn't happen very often. (Since my ASOIAF read I couldn't enjoy other books/shows completely because of how flat most of characters were compared to Jaime/Davos/Ned etc. xD) The plot is very interesting, not the happiest one, though. And the music <3 And the animation is so pleasing to the eye.

I didn't read The Gardians of Ga'Hoole, but I watched the film and it was so good, I still can't bellieve why it was so unpopular. Soren was definitely my favourite. A dreamer protagonist is the best protagonist. :3
@Strade

Oh I loved splicing! I always felt kind of bad that the two you spliced got that death notification though. When I play I usually confine my Norns to the Norn home room and then I do some ecological experiments while they're growing up such as trying to recreate a room's ecology in an empty metaroom, it's hard considering some things like ant hills, are already generated and you can't make more (I don't think) or I try and raise Sabertooth Norns in the KT room.

I think I confused another game with Creatures Village, that looks familiar but I've never played it, the game I was thinking of is the newest one and I don't know if its out yet? Might've been called something like Creatures Online now that I think about it.

I didn't know they made a pack like that! I thought the only combo pack was the Albian Years one (and also Exodus considering that's a combo of Creatures 3 and Docking Station) I've never really played Creatures 1 or 2 so I've been meaning to get the Albian Years pack.
@Strade

Oh I loved splicing! I always felt kind of bad that the two you spliced got that death notification though. When I play I usually confine my Norns to the Norn home room and then I do some ecological experiments while they're growing up such as trying to recreate a room's ecology in an empty metaroom, it's hard considering some things like ant hills, are already generated and you can't make more (I don't think) or I try and raise Sabertooth Norns in the KT room.

I think I confused another game with Creatures Village, that looks familiar but I've never played it, the game I was thinking of is the newest one and I don't know if its out yet? Might've been called something like Creatures Online now that I think about it.

I didn't know they made a pack like that! I thought the only combo pack was the Albian Years one (and also Exodus considering that's a combo of Creatures 3 and Docking Station) I've never really played Creatures 1 or 2 so I've been meaning to get the Albian Years pack.
tumblr_inline_ojq6kw7euk1r2ao8y_540.pngdratini.gifLL2jqUF.pngleafeon.giftumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
@strade You can find the whole set on GOG nowadays, modified to be playable on modern platforms!
@strade You can find the whole set on GOG nowadays, modified to be playable on modern platforms!
My writing project.
i really like artcore? but i doubt my friends even know what it is c':

i also really like Spore, but i hardly ever get a chance to play it because my computer can only have one game downloaded at a time. whenever i do play it, though, i manage to unlock everything during creature phase then precede to make a beautiful & majestic creature that can do everything super well. it's kinda soothing for me, until the boss creatures come up...
i really like artcore? but i doubt my friends even know what it is c':

i also really like Spore, but i hardly ever get a chance to play it because my computer can only have one game downloaded at a time. whenever i do play it, though, i manage to unlock everything during creature phase then precede to make a beautiful & majestic creature that can do everything super well. it's kinda soothing for me, until the boss creatures come up...
i'm not sure if it's a famous movie but no one i know had ever heard of it
the movie as above so below
i absolutely love this movie i have watched it so many times in 3 more views i'll probably remember the lines
i'm not sure if it's a famous movie but no one i know had ever heard of it
i absolutely love this movie i have watched it so many times in 3 more views i'll probably remember the lines
wj6EHY6.png __ vfUEUMi.png zLLQDMW.png oMDWJr6.png __
click a jar to donate to causes for free!

tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_r1_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o2_75sq.giftumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif

oh, i love spore so much!! haven't played it in a while though.

the fandom for it is steadily growing, but i love the webcomic long exposure.
oh, i love spore so much!! haven't played it in a while though.

the fandom for it is steadily growing, but i love the webcomic long exposure.
he/him
pings OK!
@WHYYYY Hi, hello I know of Viva Pinata!!! I have both the original Xbox 360 game and Trouble in Paradise :ooo tho I've never seen other fans of it orz
@WHYYYY Hi, hello I know of Viva Pinata!!! I have both the original Xbox 360 game and Trouble in Paradise :ooo tho I've never seen other fans of it orz

hi im luke :] im on a hiatus, find me on idv
fr time +1
he/him
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 62 63