Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone else not really in a fandom?
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Yeehaw
Holy heck I love Fahrenheit 41 :")
@Yeehaw
Holy heck I love Fahrenheit 41 :")
> she/her
> current avatar
> wishlist
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
@Amura
Yeah for me I don't have the incentive to contribute to a fandom because I would be spending effort on a franchise that I didn't make and don't own. Also best of luck on dealing with your depression!

@Ceravine
I, too, don't see the point in obsessing over a thing I like. Can't a thing be beautiful enough to behold as is?
@Amura
Yeah for me I don't have the incentive to contribute to a fandom because I would be spending effort on a franchise that I didn't make and don't own. Also best of luck on dealing with your depression!

@Ceravine
I, too, don't see the point in obsessing over a thing I like. Can't a thing be beautiful enough to behold as is?
@SeaweedSalad

Oooh bueno ;)
@SeaweedSalad

Oooh bueno ;)
i used to be REALLY into fandoms when i was 13-15 and incredibly embarrassing, but in the past few years i've grown out of it. i'll still read a short fanfic every once in a blue moon and follow one or two tumblr fan accounts, but that's it.

if you can't tell, i made my fr account when i was super into harry potter :/
i used to be REALLY into fandoms when i was 13-15 and incredibly embarrassing, but in the past few years i've grown out of it. i'll still read a short fanfic every once in a blue moon and follow one or two tumblr fan accounts, but that's it.

if you can't tell, i made my fr account when i was super into harry potter :/
kaylee
she/her
fr +2
@DiagonAlley
I eventually grew out of fandoms as well despite me being fairly young. I have no idea what it means though
@DiagonAlley
I eventually grew out of fandoms as well despite me being fairly young. I have no idea what it means though
Honestly it's not really by choice for me, so much as what I'm interested in doesn't really accrue fandoms? Most shows I watch are semi-unpopular and/or targeted for older audiences, who tend to be less interested in fandom stuff. Kinda makes me sad bc I do enjoy the odd fanart and fanfic and I sometimes envy people that like more popular stuff, but its good to be away from the drama and embarrassing garbage.

also
@SpottedSorex

ayyy I love the books you've listed a lot (except Beloved which I haven't read), Fahrenheit 451 was one of my first favorite books and Bradbury and Orwell are both still huge favorites and influences for me. and now I'm lowkey curious abt what ships people have come up with for those books (Fun fact: I read Fahrenheit and got really into Bradbury right before the man passed, and younger me was pretty saddened by that. Also that year in middle school we had to make peep dioramas for a literature class, and I did mine on Fahrenheit 451. I think I still have it in storage somewhere)
Honestly it's not really by choice for me, so much as what I'm interested in doesn't really accrue fandoms? Most shows I watch are semi-unpopular and/or targeted for older audiences, who tend to be less interested in fandom stuff. Kinda makes me sad bc I do enjoy the odd fanart and fanfic and I sometimes envy people that like more popular stuff, but its good to be away from the drama and embarrassing garbage.

also
@SpottedSorex

ayyy I love the books you've listed a lot (except Beloved which I haven't read), Fahrenheit 451 was one of my first favorite books and Bradbury and Orwell are both still huge favorites and influences for me. and now I'm lowkey curious abt what ships people have come up with for those books (Fun fact: I read Fahrenheit and got really into Bradbury right before the man passed, and younger me was pretty saddened by that. Also that year in middle school we had to make peep dioramas for a literature class, and I did mine on Fahrenheit 451. I think I still have it in storage somewhere)
wpEE9mo.png
I mostly avoid the fandoms for the things I like. I read theories and look at/draw fan art on occasion but for the most part I dont touch the fandom. They tend to be really toxic environments.
I mostly avoid the fandoms for the things I like. I read theories and look at/draw fan art on occasion but for the most part I dont touch the fandom. They tend to be really toxic environments.
Uw1G2JB.png
I can relate.

I know a ton of anime/manga series (am reading and watching several that the story is still in progress) and am slightly into some comics and games but I never really get 'involved' online?
Like I meet people in real life a few times that are also into the things I am in and its fun talking to them about it.
But I can't draw, dont write fan fiction, didnt even know roleplaying was a thing till recently and dont feel interested in it or any of the general things people in fandoms can do.
I am interested in my series though due to a lot of them its kind of random interest since there are soooooo many ^-^'
I mean I at best read some fan fiction since some do have some pretty good plot and is a nice way to see characters I like in something since the real story is not updating ;w; (manga takes forever to update)

I mean if I find someone else interested in the same series I am in (online or real life) I would love to talk about it but that and sometimes reading fan fiction is about as involved I get in a fandom really ^-^'
I can relate.

I know a ton of anime/manga series (am reading and watching several that the story is still in progress) and am slightly into some comics and games but I never really get 'involved' online?
Like I meet people in real life a few times that are also into the things I am in and its fun talking to them about it.
But I can't draw, dont write fan fiction, didnt even know roleplaying was a thing till recently and dont feel interested in it or any of the general things people in fandoms can do.
I am interested in my series though due to a lot of them its kind of random interest since there are soooooo many ^-^'
I mean I at best read some fan fiction since some do have some pretty good plot and is a nice way to see characters I like in something since the real story is not updating ;w; (manga takes forever to update)

I mean if I find someone else interested in the same series I am in (online or real life) I would love to talk about it but that and sometimes reading fan fiction is about as involved I get in a fandom really ^-^'
@Yeehaw - Nice! Hello, fellow fan! ^^

Yea, contributing to fandoms just isn't my forte. I usually like looking at the fanart and memes that other people make because I'm usually too shy to make my own content. Even if I do make content, I usually keep it to myself and don't try to spread it through the use of hashtags and such. I'm also fairly secretive about the ships I like because I'm perpetually uneasy about shipping wars for some reason? There's also drama in some of the bigger fandoms of the stuff I like, so it's not exactly encouraging... As for the LotF fandom, I'm especially afraid because the only ship(s) I actually like is/are relatively rare; this usually isn't an issue because I almost always end up liking a popular ship or finding a group of people who like the ship, but it just isn't the case for LotF for some reason? At least the LotF fandom seems relatively calm compared to some other fandoms that I've seen... (But that could be because it's pretty small)

That suggestion sounds interesting; I might check it out when I have time! :0

Same here, I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only person who's relatively reserved when it comes to fandoms. I'm also pleasantly surprised by how much people seem to like Fahrenheit 451! ^^

@chamaeleon - I'd love to talk to you about Faherenheit 451! I'll send you a PM when I can. :0

@Demagogue - Ayyyeee, hello fellow fan! (I highly recommend Beloved if you don't mind long, complicated books with dark themes. It takes a while to understand, but I ended up really liking it once I got the message. :0) I've been interested in Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 for who-knows-how-long, so I felt like I completed part of my bucket list when I finally got to read those books. I haven't really read any of Bradbury's other works yet, but I have read Animal Farm by Orwell, and it was quite an interesting allegory to say the least.

I remember writing about Fahrenheit 451 as part of a summer project, and I think I'll be going over 1984 this year in language arts. Either way, it'll be relatively interesting... (Random fact: I actually ended up reading Fahrenheit 451 twice, once for fun and the other for my summer project.)

As for ships, I haven't really went that deep into the fanfics yet, but from what I've seen so far, here's what I got:

For Fahrenheit 451, I've seen a decent number of Beatty/Montag fanfics, and I might've seen a Clarisse/Montag fanfic one time. (As for my opinion on the ships, I only see Clarisse/Montag as platonic or as a friendship because I can't see them as a romance, and I actually like Beatty/Montag even though the ship is kind of problematic; I feel like the two had some chemistry in the past but broke it off for some reason...)

For 1984, the two main ships I've seen are O'Brien/Winston and Julia/Winston. They seem to be split relatively evenly... (I actually find O'Brien/Winston to be interesting since the dynamic between the two characters intrigues me; the fact that O'Brien manipulates and harms Winston makes the ship pretty problematic though. As for Winston/Julia, I actually like the ship and felt that the two had a nice dynamic while they were a couple; I'm still relatively salty over their joint betrayals haha-)
@Yeehaw - Nice! Hello, fellow fan! ^^

Yea, contributing to fandoms just isn't my forte. I usually like looking at the fanart and memes that other people make because I'm usually too shy to make my own content. Even if I do make content, I usually keep it to myself and don't try to spread it through the use of hashtags and such. I'm also fairly secretive about the ships I like because I'm perpetually uneasy about shipping wars for some reason? There's also drama in some of the bigger fandoms of the stuff I like, so it's not exactly encouraging... As for the LotF fandom, I'm especially afraid because the only ship(s) I actually like is/are relatively rare; this usually isn't an issue because I almost always end up liking a popular ship or finding a group of people who like the ship, but it just isn't the case for LotF for some reason? At least the LotF fandom seems relatively calm compared to some other fandoms that I've seen... (But that could be because it's pretty small)

That suggestion sounds interesting; I might check it out when I have time! :0

Same here, I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only person who's relatively reserved when it comes to fandoms. I'm also pleasantly surprised by how much people seem to like Fahrenheit 451! ^^

@chamaeleon - I'd love to talk to you about Faherenheit 451! I'll send you a PM when I can. :0

@Demagogue - Ayyyeee, hello fellow fan! (I highly recommend Beloved if you don't mind long, complicated books with dark themes. It takes a while to understand, but I ended up really liking it once I got the message. :0) I've been interested in Fahrenheit 451 and 1984 for who-knows-how-long, so I felt like I completed part of my bucket list when I finally got to read those books. I haven't really read any of Bradbury's other works yet, but I have read Animal Farm by Orwell, and it was quite an interesting allegory to say the least.

I remember writing about Fahrenheit 451 as part of a summer project, and I think I'll be going over 1984 this year in language arts. Either way, it'll be relatively interesting... (Random fact: I actually ended up reading Fahrenheit 451 twice, once for fun and the other for my summer project.)

As for ships, I haven't really went that deep into the fanfics yet, but from what I've seen so far, here's what I got:

For Fahrenheit 451, I've seen a decent number of Beatty/Montag fanfics, and I might've seen a Clarisse/Montag fanfic one time. (As for my opinion on the ships, I only see Clarisse/Montag as platonic or as a friendship because I can't see them as a romance, and I actually like Beatty/Montag even though the ship is kind of problematic; I feel like the two had some chemistry in the past but broke it off for some reason...)

For 1984, the two main ships I've seen are O'Brien/Winston and Julia/Winston. They seem to be split relatively evenly... (I actually find O'Brien/Winston to be interesting since the dynamic between the two characters intrigues me; the fact that O'Brien manipulates and harms Winston makes the ship pretty problematic though. As for Winston/Julia, I actually like the ship and felt that the two had a nice dynamic while they were a couple; I'm still relatively salty over their joint betrayals haha-)
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
I wish it was that easy...
O.o
I wish it was that easy...
O.o
1 2 3 4 5 6