Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone else not really in a fandom?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Yeah me. Unless you count Hyperdimension Neptunia, but even that one is pretty small and I don't really go post about it and such. I do have quite a few fan art and official art pics on my devices though.
Yeah me. Unless you count Hyperdimension Neptunia, but even that one is pretty small and I don't really go post about it and such. I do have quite a few fan art and official art pics on my devices though.
I'd woken up early, and I took a long time getting ready to exist. - Bernardo Soares/Fernando Pessoa
[quote name="Yeehaw" date=2017-07-03 16:09:44] I got disinterested in Doctor Who after the eighth doctor [/quote] @Yeehaw Most people start at nine After the reboot. Then it becomes awesome =D Try watching it again, starting at the ninth or tenth. It gets much better then. And you don't have to start at the beginning because it all explains itself. [s]No idea why I clicked this for I am drowning in the bbc Sherlock and doctor Who fandom, but anyway[/s] I am in the two fandoms mentioned above but I don't make art because I'm not good at it, I don't write fanfiction because I want to finish my own book first. All I do is think about it all day, and that's seemingly enough :) Problem with fandoms is that the hiatus period can get really long and the longer it gets the more strange the fandom gets [s]just like me[/s] I've only been in a fandom since this January, never before that. I guess I was too young then and didn't like anything enough to join the fandom. The BBC just made me obsessed :)
Yeehaw wrote on 2017-07-03:
I got disinterested in Doctor Who after the eighth doctor
@Yeehaw
Most people start at nine
After the reboot.
Then it becomes awesome =D
Try watching it again, starting at the ninth or tenth. It gets much better then. And you don't have to start at the beginning because it all explains itself.

No idea why I clicked this for I am drowning in the bbc Sherlock and doctor Who fandom, but anyway
I am in the two fandoms mentioned above but I don't make art because I'm not good at it, I don't write fanfiction because I want to finish my own book first. All I do is think about it all day, and that's seemingly enough :)
Problem with fandoms is that the hiatus period can get really long and the longer it gets the more strange the fandom gets just like me

I've only been in a fandom since this January, never before that.
I guess I was too young then and didn't like anything enough to join the fandom. The BBC just made me obsessed :)
lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png
Yeaaaaah, I'm not into fandoms at all. I'm not really into fanfiction and I can't stand shipping at all, especially with how people get so rabid about it. I do like fan art, but that's really the only thing I'll stray into fandoms for. *shrugs*

I'm really happy enough just enjoying things on my own.
Yeaaaaah, I'm not into fandoms at all. I'm not really into fanfiction and I can't stand shipping at all, especially with how people get so rabid about it. I do like fan art, but that's really the only thing I'll stray into fandoms for. *shrugs*

I'm really happy enough just enjoying things on my own.
Yep, I don't partially fit or want to fit into any fandoms. I'm a big fan of a few things, but I don't really think I'm to the point that I can call myself part of the fandom. Fanfiction makes me uncomfortable, I don't like shipping things that aren't cannon (Dramione, for example), I do draw fan art occasionally but it's nothing I really post online. Fandoms have a tendency to ruin things for me, as petty as that sounds.
Yep, I don't partially fit or want to fit into any fandoms. I'm a big fan of a few things, but I don't really think I'm to the point that I can call myself part of the fandom. Fanfiction makes me uncomfortable, I don't like shipping things that aren't cannon (Dramione, for example), I do draw fan art occasionally but it's nothing I really post online. Fandoms have a tendency to ruin things for me, as petty as that sounds.
ampharos.png 20 | any pronouns | about me | accents |
I honest to goodness thought that "being a fan of something" and "being in its fandom" were synonymous. Whoops!

In that case, I'll occasionally look at some fanart (love to see people's interpretation of a character) and am pretty game to discuss (book club style), but that's about it.

Wonder what other terms I've completely missed!
I honest to goodness thought that "being a fan of something" and "being in its fandom" were synonymous. Whoops!

In that case, I'll occasionally look at some fanart (love to see people's interpretation of a character) and am pretty game to discuss (book club style), but that's about it.

Wonder what other terms I've completely missed!
cL9yafY.gif
I am a massive fan of many many things, but I stay away from fandoms.
Online many fandoms come across as very angry, or just wanting to prove that they know more about the show. It's not enough to enjoy the show and watch it for years, you have to know every little fact about about it or your not worthy.
(Obviously this is not all fans, and some fandoms are worse then others)

I also have a few IRL friends who are deep into their fandoms, and honestly ..... it's boring. I spend hours listening the poeple talk at me about anime that I've not watched and not interested in. It's great that they are so passionate about something, but when I hit hour 3 of why your ships are secretly canon, I'm loosing the will to live.
As a result I often try not to talk to people about how much I love shows unless they themselves have expressed an interest, and have actually SEEN the show.
I am a massive fan of many many things, but I stay away from fandoms.
Online many fandoms come across as very angry, or just wanting to prove that they know more about the show. It's not enough to enjoy the show and watch it for years, you have to know every little fact about about it or your not worthy.
(Obviously this is not all fans, and some fandoms are worse then others)

I also have a few IRL friends who are deep into their fandoms, and honestly ..... it's boring. I spend hours listening the poeple talk at me about anime that I've not watched and not interested in. It's great that they are so passionate about something, but when I hit hour 3 of why your ships are secretly canon, I'm loosing the will to live.
As a result I often try not to talk to people about how much I love shows unless they themselves have expressed an interest, and have actually SEEN the show.
kQwtPyj.png
ku5wTFW.png
While I'm a fan of a lot of shows and books and whatnot I never found myself in any fandom. I'm not into fan art, not into fan fiction, and I'm not into Tumblr or any other sites like that. A lot of the times when I talk to people in fandoms they end up ruining that show for me like enjoy it for what it is! A lot of the time people who are so deep into the fandom just ruin it for me. (I'm pointing at those who draw Isabelle from acnl in particular, leave her alone!!!!!) I like what I like and I never try to push my likes on to other people unless they ask for a recommendation.
While I'm a fan of a lot of shows and books and whatnot I never found myself in any fandom. I'm not into fan art, not into fan fiction, and I'm not into Tumblr or any other sites like that. A lot of the times when I talk to people in fandoms they end up ruining that show for me like enjoy it for what it is! A lot of the time people who are so deep into the fandom just ruin it for me. (I'm pointing at those who draw Isabelle from acnl in particular, leave her alone!!!!!) I like what I like and I never try to push my likes on to other people unless they ask for a recommendation.
ACDRIpg.png
TO5f5vS.png
gVI5OAO.png
LTm7UbO.png

mlHpBMC.png
Y3tHz6g.png
rix3ppo.png
plague.gif
*raises hand* Though I will sometimes ramble excitedly about the various media I'm into and glance at fanart now and then, that's as far as I go. As soon as I see any of the shipping stuff I am out. Usually. I don't read fanfic, either, or draw fanart except for very occasional doodles on notebook paper when I'm distracted.
Also, fandoms can be terrifying sometimes and I'd rather stay out of that anyway.
*glances at Gravity Falls fandom* *runs away in horror*
*raises hand* Though I will sometimes ramble excitedly about the various media I'm into and glance at fanart now and then, that's as far as I go. As soon as I see any of the shipping stuff I am out. Usually. I don't read fanfic, either, or draw fanart except for very occasional doodles on notebook paper when I'm distracted.
Also, fandoms can be terrifying sometimes and I'd rather stay out of that anyway.
*glances at Gravity Falls fandom* *runs away in horror*
vojnGCQ.png
@Celia204
Actually what I meant to say was the ninth, and I did get a little ways into the part with the tenth doctor! It's just that I got bored and drifted away from the show when I was younger and moved on to other things. I probably should revisit it but I'm just too lazy :')

@Oranitha
Yeah I think the best way to put it is that a fan is a person who likes a thing, while the fandom is a large group of fans who congregate regularly to talk about the thing or make homages (fanart and fanfictions) of it. I also like viewing some of the fanart and would probably like to discuss with friends if had any that were aware of the existence of my things.

@turtlee
I wouldn't say that fandoms ruin things for me, but I do avoid the more concentrated toxicity parts at all costs because I don't want the view of my thing to be tainted :( Also I would like to make my own personal fanart but I'm just not qualified or skilled for me to be happy with it :/

@Thante
I also had friends who were like that and they could talk practically forever about some obscure thing I haven't checked out and their ships. I tried to get into their things but they just simply didn't suit my taste. It made me excluded from their conversations and I had to eventually drift away from them. By that time we were completely different people with different interests and I don't thinks there was a way to be friends again. Other than that, I am big fan of many things as well!

(To all the other people who replied I'm sorry I couldn't respond 'cause I don't want to repeat myself but I'm really glad I'm not alone and I'm sure you are too!)
@Celia204
Actually what I meant to say was the ninth, and I did get a little ways into the part with the tenth doctor! It's just that I got bored and drifted away from the show when I was younger and moved on to other things. I probably should revisit it but I'm just too lazy :')

@Oranitha
Yeah I think the best way to put it is that a fan is a person who likes a thing, while the fandom is a large group of fans who congregate regularly to talk about the thing or make homages (fanart and fanfictions) of it. I also like viewing some of the fanart and would probably like to discuss with friends if had any that were aware of the existence of my things.

@turtlee
I wouldn't say that fandoms ruin things for me, but I do avoid the more concentrated toxicity parts at all costs because I don't want the view of my thing to be tainted :( Also I would like to make my own personal fanart but I'm just not qualified or skilled for me to be happy with it :/

@Thante
I also had friends who were like that and they could talk practically forever about some obscure thing I haven't checked out and their ships. I tried to get into their things but they just simply didn't suit my taste. It made me excluded from their conversations and I had to eventually drift away from them. By that time we were completely different people with different interests and I don't thinks there was a way to be friends again. Other than that, I am big fan of many things as well!

(To all the other people who replied I'm sorry I couldn't respond 'cause I don't want to repeat myself but I'm really glad I'm not alone and I'm sure you are too!)
@Yeehaw
I'm not angry or something :)
And not obliging you to watch it again would be nice
I hope you liked it a bit at least!
@Yeehaw
I'm not angry or something :)
And not obliging you to watch it again would be nice
I hope you liked it a bit at least!
lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png
1 2 3 4 5 6