Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Post Your Current Thought
1 2 ... 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 ... 16092 16093
woke up at 6 today, spent an hour and a half desperately trying to fall asleep until my dad came in and told me to get up cuz we're visiting my grandparents who live an hour and a half away, and spent the whole day struggling to keep my eyes open, did i mention the first day of school is tomorrow and i've been having trouble sleeping lately as it is

on a related note, i think i've unlocked a new level of tired
woke up at 6 today, spent an hour and a half desperately trying to fall asleep until my dad came in and told me to get up cuz we're visiting my grandparents who live an hour and a half away, and spent the whole day struggling to keep my eyes open, did i mention the first day of school is tomorrow and i've been having trouble sleeping lately as it is

on a related note, i think i've unlocked a new level of tired
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
I wish I could die already, the world and my friends would be better off without me
I wish I could die already, the world and my friends would be better off without me
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Me: Oh hey, I think I'll check this webcomic out.

Later: Ow, my feels.
Me: Oh hey, I think I'll check this webcomic out.

Later: Ow, my feels.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
man i love being ignored.
man i love being ignored.
WYLy2Ui.gif
[quote name="Cutiepaws" date="2019-08-18 14:14:22" ] Just needed a place to write, because... I'm worried. There was some stormy weather today, proper thunder to shake your bones and a few blackouts and floodings, trees falling all over the place, lightning strike fires, electrical malfunction fires... you name it. Thing is, my boyfriend is a volunteer firefighter. He had just ordered pizza when the first alarm went off, so that's probably really cold and chewy by now. Problem is, it's been five hours. Normally he would have been sent home by now so fresh, rested firemen could take over, but he still isn't responding to messages which means he's still out there. I'm worried that most volunteers might be on holiday, this area doesn't have that many to begin with. They might be toughing it out with a skeleton crew. I don't even know where they are at the moment, hope he will be home soon. Worried that they'll get too tired. I mean, they are wielding chainsaws out there in the dark to free the roads, and the vehicle floodlights aren't even good. Some of the hydraulics are leaky, some air bottles are probably way past their lifetime, their gloves are a joke compared to modern standards... So much could go wrong, and I don't want to think about it. He might get injured, or work until he falls over. My boyfriend has all the licenses, very few others at the station can operate the heavy machinery or command others, so they might have to keep him there all night. I feel kinda useless, I'm night-blind so there is no way I could safely assist while it is dark. All I can do is keep the house heated for when he comes home soaked, and hope for the best. Sorry about the long post, not that anyone ever reads those anyways. Just... worried. He will probably be home any moment, with a soggy pizza box and a silly grin, bragging about how many trees he turned into broccoli. Maybe he is pumping water out of a basement, or happily constructing a wall of sandbags by the river bend. EDIT; update. He is taking a break at the station, my worries were correct. They are an overworked skeleton crew, most volunteers did not show up and the paid firemen are busy at other stations. It will be a long night. They ate the cold pizza, but for the next break one of the youth volunteers will order something warm. They're probably at it again already, clearing up the aftermath of the sudden storm. EDIT2: @Xoanon to answer your testing room question; some certainly do! FINAL EDIT: He will be home soon, but only because having him work any more today would be 100% illegal. After a few hours of sleep he will be expected back at station. There goes our holiday plans, but oh well. [/quote]
Cutiepaws wrote on 2019-08-18 14:14:22:
Just needed a place to write, because... I'm worried.
There was some stormy weather today, proper thunder to shake your bones and a few blackouts and floodings, trees falling all over the place, lightning strike fires, electrical malfunction fires... you name it.
Thing is, my boyfriend is a volunteer firefighter. He had just ordered pizza when the first alarm went off, so that's probably really cold and chewy by now. Problem is, it's been five hours. Normally he would have been sent home by now so fresh, rested firemen could take over, but he still isn't responding to messages which means he's still out there.
I'm worried that most volunteers might be on holiday, this area doesn't have that many to begin with. They might be toughing it out with a skeleton crew. I don't even know where they are at the moment, hope he will be home soon.

Worried that they'll get too tired. I mean, they are wielding chainsaws out there in the dark to free the roads, and the vehicle floodlights aren't even good. Some of the hydraulics are leaky, some air bottles are probably way past their lifetime, their gloves are a joke compared to modern standards...

So much could go wrong, and I don't want to think about it. He might get injured, or work until he falls over. My boyfriend has all the licenses, very few others at the station can operate the heavy machinery or command others, so they might have to keep him there all night.

I feel kinda useless, I'm night-blind so there is no way I could safely assist while it is dark. All I can do is keep the house heated for when he comes home soaked, and hope for the best.

Sorry about the long post, not that anyone ever reads those anyways. Just... worried.

He will probably be home any moment, with a soggy pizza box and a silly grin, bragging about how many trees he turned into broccoli. Maybe he is pumping water out of a basement, or happily constructing a wall of sandbags by the river bend.

EDIT; update. He is taking a break at the station, my worries were correct. They are an overworked skeleton crew, most volunteers did not show up and the paid firemen are busy at other stations. It will be a long night. They ate the cold pizza, but for the next break one of the youth volunteers will order something warm. They're probably at it again already, clearing up the aftermath of the sudden storm.

EDIT2: @Xoanon to answer your testing room question; some certainly do!

FINAL EDIT: He will be home soon, but only because having him work any more today would be 100% illegal. After a few hours of sleep he will be expected back at station. There goes our holiday plans, but oh well.
// gets any compliment
ow my heart
It's never been capable of processing this many compliments
// gets any compliment
ow my heart
It's never been capable of processing this many compliments
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
here we go again....
here we go again....
6U6lWPg.pngWRPJKhj.png
P E R E G R I N
rO50KyM.png
she/they
free giveaway

wishlist
art shop
HxP6kXi.pngqKZAaLK.png0jScwbh.pngxe4FQbY.pngDWI9puz.pngybizMWD.png7GFlGJN.pngTrnD1Pw.png
DHc3orZ.pngDHc3orZ.png
[quote name="OwU" date="2019-08-18 15:31:54" ] [quote name="Xoanon" date="2019-08-18 14:45:09" ] When flexible people go to dressing rooms do you think they do crazy stretches to test if they like the pants or whatever? [/quote] [color=360705]for me to even Think about wearing pants i better be able to get my feet behind my head while wearing them [/quote] [Size=2] @Cutiepaws I found one
OwU wrote on 2019-08-18 15:31:54:
Xoanon wrote on 2019-08-18 14:45:09:
When flexible people go to dressing rooms do you think they do crazy stretches to test if they like the pants or whatever?
for me to even Think about wearing pants i better be able to get my feet behind my head while wearing them

@Cutiepaws I found one
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
I need to let the peeps on dA have a small idea of what I'm like, but what exactly?
I need to let the peeps on dA have a small idea of what I'm like, but what exactly?
7jRUFbW.png
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home
7kHxxxY.png
Hi Dimitri is the best,

Thank you.
Hi Dimitri is the best,

Thank you.
tumblr_mi6r7uNWQ01r99sp0o1_500.gif
Hi. I just wanna interact with people on this heccn website.
1 2 ... 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 ... 16092 16093