Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTQ+ Community
1 2 ... 272 273 274 275 276 ... 648 649
@drearie I think the term for that is being polyamorous?
@drearie I think the term for that is being polyamorous?
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
Okay well I’ve been struggling with who I am for a bit, who I don’t wanna be, and what my religion commands me to do and all
And I need to make things right
So I figured a step in the right direction would be to just flat out admit who I am and all
And I’m a lesbian
And I can’t change that if I tried
Cause ladies are pretty I do suppose
And I do suppose that in my religion, my God wouldn’t want me to shed all these tears
So yeah I guess
I probably need to work on somethings within myself and all
But like I said I guess it’s a step in the right direction
Okay well I’ve been struggling with who I am for a bit, who I don’t wanna be, and what my religion commands me to do and all
And I need to make things right
So I figured a step in the right direction would be to just flat out admit who I am and all
And I’m a lesbian
And I can’t change that if I tried
Cause ladies are pretty I do suppose
And I do suppose that in my religion, my God wouldn’t want me to shed all these tears
So yeah I guess
I probably need to work on somethings within myself and all
But like I said I guess it’s a step in the right direction
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif
I highly recommend that people read the 1990 Bisexual Manifesto if they are curious about the definition of bisexuality. Here is an excerpt:

“Bisexuality is a whole, fluid identity. Do not assume that bisexuality is binary or duogamous in nature: that we have "two" sides or that we must be involved simultaneously with both genders to be fulfilled human beings. In fact, don’t assume that there are only two genders.“
I highly recommend that people read the 1990 Bisexual Manifesto if they are curious about the definition of bisexuality. Here is an excerpt:

“Bisexuality is a whole, fluid identity. Do not assume that bisexuality is binary or duogamous in nature: that we have "two" sides or that we must be involved simultaneously with both genders to be fulfilled human beings. In fact, don’t assume that there are only two genders.“
Live for today, gone tomorrow.
swclpXz.jpg
That's me.
Question for everyone--how does one explore gender?

I've been questioning for a while if my gender is actually cis female, cause I think it's not, and I've literally just been using "cis female" for lack of a better term. But the thing is it literally took me 23 years (about 5-8 of them questioning) to figure out I was aro/ace, so I really don't want to take that long again to figure gender out ;-;

So, how do I know what my gender is? The three terms that have been bouncing around in my head are agender, demigirl, and non-binary, but I don't even know where to start figuring out who I am.

To give some background as to why I'm questioning: my biological sex is female. I'm... mostly fine being female. I don't mind she/her pronouns, as that's just what I grew up with. But I don't like being boxed in as female. I don't like that being a major part of me. I don't like being told "oh, you're a woman, you must think like a woman, you must be a woman," and all that stuff. Idk, it just irks me. I just want to be a person. I almost like the idea of they/them pronouns, but again, I still don't mind she/her.

Really I think I hate calling myself a "woman" above all. I don't think I'm a woman. I'm definitely not a man, I'm not masculine at all, but I don't think I'm a woman either.

Does any of this make sense? Am I explaining this well? Cause I barely even know how to explain it, I just know it barely makes sense to me, so I'm really hoping it'll make sense to someone else. Any help is appreciated.
Question for everyone--how does one explore gender?

I've been questioning for a while if my gender is actually cis female, cause I think it's not, and I've literally just been using "cis female" for lack of a better term. But the thing is it literally took me 23 years (about 5-8 of them questioning) to figure out I was aro/ace, so I really don't want to take that long again to figure gender out ;-;

So, how do I know what my gender is? The three terms that have been bouncing around in my head are agender, demigirl, and non-binary, but I don't even know where to start figuring out who I am.

To give some background as to why I'm questioning: my biological sex is female. I'm... mostly fine being female. I don't mind she/her pronouns, as that's just what I grew up with. But I don't like being boxed in as female. I don't like that being a major part of me. I don't like being told "oh, you're a woman, you must think like a woman, you must be a woman," and all that stuff. Idk, it just irks me. I just want to be a person. I almost like the idea of they/them pronouns, but again, I still don't mind she/her.

Really I think I hate calling myself a "woman" above all. I don't think I'm a woman. I'm definitely not a man, I'm not masculine at all, but I don't think I'm a woman either.

Does any of this make sense? Am I explaining this well? Cause I barely even know how to explain it, I just know it barely makes sense to me, so I'm really hoping it'll make sense to someone else. Any help is appreciated.
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
@lefraise oh that totally makes sense and I feel you there, I’m agender + use he/they pronouns and escaping femininity for me personally felt really liberating. I don’t feel like a “man” either except sometimes and DEFINITELY not a girl. I never wanted to be seen as one, Ive questioned my gender since I was like 10. But only hardcore considered a different label and started changing my looks when I was 15.

I’d test out different labels with friends and such and see what fits, see yourself in another POV and figure out what you’d like more if that makes sense. Agender works for me because it’s just *nothing* haha. I like being perceived as androgynous
@lefraise oh that totally makes sense and I feel you there, I’m agender + use he/they pronouns and escaping femininity for me personally felt really liberating. I don’t feel like a “man” either except sometimes and DEFINITELY not a girl. I never wanted to be seen as one, Ive questioned my gender since I was like 10. But only hardcore considered a different label and started changing my looks when I was 15.

I’d test out different labels with friends and such and see what fits, see yourself in another POV and figure out what you’d like more if that makes sense. Agender works for me because it’s just *nothing* haha. I like being perceived as androgynous
@lefraise
1. I really like your username idk why
and 2, same. just in all parts, although sometimes I wish I had different body parts or just none at all, and that there might be a problem with the definition of "woman" more than there is a problem with people.
@lefraise
1. I really like your username idk why
and 2, same. just in all parts, although sometimes I wish I had different body parts or just none at all, and that there might be a problem with the definition of "woman" more than there is a problem with people.
Y7SQTyD.pngwAagtYO.png
3zC95yz.png
Moon Jellies: an Undertide Subspecies
@lefraise i went through some similar thoughts last year! gender is confusing and societal norms make figuring things out even more difficult. my strategy was to use other pronouns online and around friends and it was very helpful for me. i mostly used she/they and identified as nonbinary and a demigirl for about a year and a half... i ended up realizing earlier this year that i'm comfortable using she/her pronouns and i actually am a cis afab, but i just don't like being referred to as "girl," "woman," ma'am," or "miss." still, the process of figuring that out was important and a rollercoaster for me! i wish you luck in your journey ^^
@lefraise i went through some similar thoughts last year! gender is confusing and societal norms make figuring things out even more difficult. my strategy was to use other pronouns online and around friends and it was very helpful for me. i mostly used she/they and identified as nonbinary and a demigirl for about a year and a half... i ended up realizing earlier this year that i'm comfortable using she/her pronouns and i actually am a cis afab, but i just don't like being referred to as "girl," "woman," ma'am," or "miss." still, the process of figuring that out was important and a rollercoaster for me! i wish you luck in your journey ^^
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
hey there ya'll
starting to figure out my gender
started identifying as transmasculine (masc but not nessesarily male)
and it seems to fit quite well but when it comes to gender itself its confusing
i tried bigender and though it did kinda work it makes things needlessly complex
not knowing if im gay or straight being both binary genders
and it sounded a lil too tumblr-esc as many were confused when i explained it

so i think it kinda made me harder to understand destroying the point of the label

im afab but prefer male or neutral prounouns i present masc mostly
im starting to think that gender is awfully complicated and boxes me in too much
i'd go back to being female but being seen as or refered to as such is really weird
but being straight up male is aswell then again nb doesn't fit either
im not sure what my gender could be i just want to stop feeling dyphoric about everything
and exist as a human there are tons of microlabels but nobody outside the internet actually knows them and i already have to explain what ace/greyaro and andromantic mean
so i've got labels to spare and don't want to over complicate

also is agender part of the ace/aro community?
since they don't experience gender would you call people with genders allogender?
or does it not apply im working on a raffle and not know if i should add them or not
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2915716
hey there ya'll
starting to figure out my gender
started identifying as transmasculine (masc but not nessesarily male)
and it seems to fit quite well but when it comes to gender itself its confusing
i tried bigender and though it did kinda work it makes things needlessly complex
not knowing if im gay or straight being both binary genders
and it sounded a lil too tumblr-esc as many were confused when i explained it

so i think it kinda made me harder to understand destroying the point of the label

im afab but prefer male or neutral prounouns i present masc mostly
im starting to think that gender is awfully complicated and boxes me in too much
i'd go back to being female but being seen as or refered to as such is really weird
but being straight up male is aswell then again nb doesn't fit either
im not sure what my gender could be i just want to stop feeling dyphoric about everything
and exist as a human there are tons of microlabels but nobody outside the internet actually knows them and i already have to explain what ace/greyaro and andromantic mean
so i've got labels to spare and don't want to over complicate

also is agender part of the ace/aro community?
since they don't experience gender would you call people with genders allogender?
or does it not apply im working on a raffle and not know if i should add them or not
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2915716
« Jay »

* Neurodiverse,weird,rather nice guy,so far in the closet i actually rule narnia
* Australian as hecc
* God bless, fellow hoomans
Attention, fellow bisexuals; there is now an office chair just for us!

Attention, fellow bisexuals; there is now an office chair just for us!

frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
@GHOSTCHOMPS Thank you for your kind words :) I'm glad to hear I'm somewhat making sense haha, I kind of felt like I was rambling. I don't mind somewhat being tied to femininity, just not too much. That's why demigirl is one of the labels I'm kind of tossing around. And I majorly like being perceived as neutral. Just... there. Not female, not male, just... a person, you know?

@Zosimos lol thanks! My username actually means "the strawberry" in French. I've always just loved the French language (even though I remember none of it from school), idk why! And trust me, I HATE that my body is too feminine. Like... if I could change my body to be a little more androgynous, I would in a heartbeat.

@palarian Thank you so much :) That kind of fits for me as well? Like, I feel like I've just been using the term "cisgender female" for lack of a better word, and I really, really want to find what that better word is. Maybe it is still "cis female," or maybe it's agender. Maybe it's demigirl. I guess I'll have to find out!
@GHOSTCHOMPS Thank you for your kind words :) I'm glad to hear I'm somewhat making sense haha, I kind of felt like I was rambling. I don't mind somewhat being tied to femininity, just not too much. That's why demigirl is one of the labels I'm kind of tossing around. And I majorly like being perceived as neutral. Just... there. Not female, not male, just... a person, you know?

@Zosimos lol thanks! My username actually means "the strawberry" in French. I've always just loved the French language (even though I remember none of it from school), idk why! And trust me, I HATE that my body is too feminine. Like... if I could change my body to be a little more androgynous, I would in a heartbeat.

@palarian Thank you so much :) That kind of fits for me as well? Like, I feel like I've just been using the term "cisgender female" for lack of a better word, and I really, really want to find what that better word is. Maybe it is still "cis female," or maybe it's agender. Maybe it's demigirl. I guess I'll have to find out!
arcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.pngarcane_space_new_copy_by_cassiopie-dbkaj3c.png
1 2 ... 272 273 274 275 276 ... 648 649