Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Steven Universe Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 169 170
@seaofstars
You've been added to the pinglist!

And I have to agree, I really enjoy all the Pearl love here. Usually after Pearl-centric episodes, I notice Tumblr tends to split right down the middle where people either love her or they hate her for the flaws she portrays. So it's nice to see none of that happening here. :U
@seaofstars
You've been added to the pinglist!

And I have to agree, I really enjoy all the Pearl love here. Usually after Pearl-centric episodes, I notice Tumblr tends to split right down the middle where people either love her or they hate her for the flaws she portrays. So it's nice to see none of that happening here. :U
123o4cl.gif
@Horridon
Wow! She's so lovely~ I love how u did the nose spike <3
@Horridon
Wow! She's so lovely~ I love how u did the nose spike <3
@Horridon can you add me on the pinglist? :3

I'm a su trash, can't help myself. Year before some friends of mine recommended it to me, and I was like "Naah, I'm too lazy to start watching a new show". But then I saw a dream about su and then I was like MUST. WATCH. Yep, it's just the way I am...

My fav ones are Amethyst and Peridot (and guess what is my otp...). Not only 'cause I can relate to them but also 'cause I find them pretty deep characters. As well, as Pearl though. I love Pearl... Tbh, I love all Pearls! And I really have no character which I wouldn't love. Despite Marty, I think, but hey, who really loves Marty?
@Horridon can you add me on the pinglist? :3

I'm a su trash, can't help myself. Year before some friends of mine recommended it to me, and I was like "Naah, I'm too lazy to start watching a new show". But then I saw a dream about su and then I was like MUST. WATCH. Yep, it's just the way I am...

My fav ones are Amethyst and Peridot (and guess what is my otp...). Not only 'cause I can relate to them but also 'cause I find them pretty deep characters. As well, as Pearl though. I love Pearl... Tbh, I love all Pearls! And I really have no character which I wouldn't love. Despite Marty, I think, but hey, who really loves Marty?
53d2bc868cc38b79c82533e9c7460269.gif
@baelistair
Thank you! I've tried doodling all the Crystal Gems as well as Jasper, but the only ones I've been really happy with the designs I've come up with have been Jasper and Pearl.

@Yoster
I've added you to the list!
I have to be honest, I adore Peridot's voice actress. I think she does an amazing job and I love all the ridiculous little noises Peridot makes. Not to say that I don't love all the VAs, but Shelby Ann Rabara does an incredible job.

And as for loving Pearls, I am 100% with you. My favorite part of this past Stevenbomb was, honestly, getting so see new Pearls. Even Yellow and Blue Diamond were overshadowed for me. I love love love Blue Pearl's design and I just love Yellow Pearl all together. More than that, I love how they're not only physically similar to the Pearl we know and love, but that Yellow Pearl was also voice by Deedee Magno-Hall.
I just love Pearls so much.
@baelistair
Thank you! I've tried doodling all the Crystal Gems as well as Jasper, but the only ones I've been really happy with the designs I've come up with have been Jasper and Pearl.

@Yoster
I've added you to the list!
I have to be honest, I adore Peridot's voice actress. I think she does an amazing job and I love all the ridiculous little noises Peridot makes. Not to say that I don't love all the VAs, but Shelby Ann Rabara does an incredible job.

And as for loving Pearls, I am 100% with you. My favorite part of this past Stevenbomb was, honestly, getting so see new Pearls. Even Yellow and Blue Diamond were overshadowed for me. I love love love Blue Pearl's design and I just love Yellow Pearl all together. More than that, I love how they're not only physically similar to the Pearl we know and love, but that Yellow Pearl was also voice by Deedee Magno-Hall.
I just love Pearls so much.
123o4cl.gif
@Horridon I'd just like to say that I do Gemsona designs at both my art shop and my shop dedicated to them! But my adopt shop for them isn't open yet, I'm still designing the last three. Could I be a resource for anyone looking for a Gemsona here?
@Horridon I'd just like to say that I do Gemsona designs at both my art shop and my shop dedicated to them! But my adopt shop for them isn't open yet, I'm still designing the last three. Could I be a resource for anyone looking for a Gemsona here?
@Asteri

I may have to make use of your services sometime when I have funds to spare. I have a semi-Gemsona I've been working on a story for.

The gist of his story is that hundreds of years ago, there was another Gem on Earth, though not directly affiliated with the Crystal Gems, she wanted to help protect Earth. She encountered a young orphan human boy and took care of him, but at some later point there was an attack and she sacrificed herself to save the child. Due to a strange set of circumstances, when her gem was destroyed as she shielded the child, a VERY small portion of her abilities transferred to him, granting him mostly longevity (not immortality, just VERY slow aging).

Fast forward to present day, and the "child" now appears as a mid to late 20-year-old that calls himself Glass (like how some fake gems are made of glass), and he carries the battered former weapon of the Gem who saved him (a spear-like generic crystal-like polearm with many cracks and a few chips). Although he has never met Steven, he watches out for him from a distance. Partly because he feels an obligation to Rose Quartz, who was kind to him when he was young, and partly to stay far away from Pearl, who blames him for the "needless destruction" of a Gem (and over the years, he has convinced himself she is right and that it is truly his fault).
@Asteri

I may have to make use of your services sometime when I have funds to spare. I have a semi-Gemsona I've been working on a story for.

The gist of his story is that hundreds of years ago, there was another Gem on Earth, though not directly affiliated with the Crystal Gems, she wanted to help protect Earth. She encountered a young orphan human boy and took care of him, but at some later point there was an attack and she sacrificed herself to save the child. Due to a strange set of circumstances, when her gem was destroyed as she shielded the child, a VERY small portion of her abilities transferred to him, granting him mostly longevity (not immortality, just VERY slow aging).

Fast forward to present day, and the "child" now appears as a mid to late 20-year-old that calls himself Glass (like how some fake gems are made of glass), and he carries the battered former weapon of the Gem who saved him (a spear-like generic crystal-like polearm with many cracks and a few chips). Although he has never met Steven, he watches out for him from a distance. Partly because he feels an obligation to Rose Quartz, who was kind to him when he was young, and partly to stay far away from Pearl, who blames him for the "needless destruction" of a Gem (and over the years, he has convinced himself she is right and that it is truly his fault).
Formerly known as Brenning.
@Brenning When you get the cash, be sure to ping me at my art shop, not my adopt shop.

I just have a small critique if you don't mind. It's a bit... frowned upon to have an OC who is in any way affiliated with canon main-cast characters (i.e. pearl, steven, rose). I'd find a way to split away with that if at all possible, but this is a pretty neat concept!
@Brenning When you get the cash, be sure to ping me at my art shop, not my adopt shop.

I just have a small critique if you don't mind. It's a bit... frowned upon to have an OC who is in any way affiliated with canon main-cast characters (i.e. pearl, steven, rose). I'd find a way to split away with that if at all possible, but this is a pretty neat concept!
@Asteri

Wouldn't be too hard. I usually shy away from canon characters anyway (my Doctor Who OC is stuck in another reality, my Marvel character is a young mutant "playing hero", my Digimon Tamers OC is in America, etc.), but a group in another game actually gave me the opposite critique so I did a quick "Well, he met these characters, and he knows OF this character, but that is roughly it" edit to my original idea.

Everything is still rough drafts right now as well, so I have played building both versions. Nothing has been set in stone yet, so I still have the whole original story of just the other Gem on Earth, and instead of looking over Steven from a distance, he does as the Gem did for him and looks after orphans (never know where a corrupt Gem might pop up!).
@Asteri

Wouldn't be too hard. I usually shy away from canon characters anyway (my Doctor Who OC is stuck in another reality, my Marvel character is a young mutant "playing hero", my Digimon Tamers OC is in America, etc.), but a group in another game actually gave me the opposite critique so I did a quick "Well, he met these characters, and he knows OF this character, but that is roughly it" edit to my original idea.

Everything is still rough drafts right now as well, so I have played building both versions. Nothing has been set in stone yet, so I still have the whole original story of just the other Gem on Earth, and instead of looking over Steven from a distance, he does as the Gem did for him and looks after orphans (never know where a corrupt Gem might pop up!).
Formerly known as Brenning.
@Brenning Yeah I getcha, some people think it's cool but the vast majority of people who make OCs tend to frown upon it. Often times, it can lead to your character being categorized as a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, so be careful!

I do like the concept though. If you want more synthetic gems to go off of other than glass, there's also gems made of resin (costume jewlery, hard plastic), quartz (citrine often a replacement for topaz), and even synthesized gems/chemically enhanced ones like Mystic Topaz.
@Brenning Yeah I getcha, some people think it's cool but the vast majority of people who make OCs tend to frown upon it. Often times, it can lead to your character being categorized as a Mary Sue/Gary Stu, so be careful!

I do like the concept though. If you want more synthetic gems to go off of other than glass, there's also gems made of resin (costume jewlery, hard plastic), quartz (citrine often a replacement for topaz), and even synthesized gems/chemically enhanced ones like Mystic Topaz.
@Asteri
I would be happy to put you up as a resource! If you could send me a PM with the BBC code for your banner with a link, I'll put it up for you. :U
@Asteri
I would be happy to put you up as a resource! If you could send me a PM with the BBC code for your banner with a link, I'll put it up for you. :U
123o4cl.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 169 170