Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Steven Universe Hub
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 169 170
@Accelerator
WELCOME HOME FELLOW TRASH.

@Zenzic
I can't bring myself to try listening to the Do It For Her dub. It's one of those songs that I hold too sacred. I'll probably have a hard time cleansing myself of that Stronger Than You dub for a while.

@baelistair
I opened the video, saw the song and gasped. I've seen this song used in the past for some really emotional fan videos and I can't await to associate this with it as well.
And now I've watched it and I'm emotional. It wasn't as flashy as Datis Ausum's stuff, but the editing was done so well. They timed everything so well. It was just mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So now I will bring to all of you another one of my favorites because I can't not include a Pearl tribute. This Pearl tribute is actually set to one of my favorite songs. I just love what a good job it does of encapsulating all of Pearl's character development.
I just really love Pearl.
@Accelerator
WELCOME HOME FELLOW TRASH.

@Zenzic
I can't bring myself to try listening to the Do It For Her dub. It's one of those songs that I hold too sacred. I'll probably have a hard time cleansing myself of that Stronger Than You dub for a while.

@baelistair
I opened the video, saw the song and gasped. I've seen this song used in the past for some really emotional fan videos and I can't await to associate this with it as well.
And now I've watched it and I'm emotional. It wasn't as flashy as Datis Ausum's stuff, but the editing was done so well. They timed everything so well. It was just mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

So now I will bring to all of you another one of my favorites because I can't not include a Pearl tribute. This Pearl tribute is actually set to one of my favorite songs. I just love what a good job it does of encapsulating all of Pearl's character development.
I just really love Pearl.
123o4cl.gif
@Zenzic
Ahhh!!! YEs steven's va is adorable in the italian. I went and watched a bunch more of the italian vids and like.. THEY DID SUCH A GOOD JOB. I'm just blown away. And with the translations... well they can't all be winners. So long as they're not all like turkish i think its still a win lol

@Horridon
Yeah same. I first heard Blue Lips from one of those old homestuck song photo posts that circulated on tumblr 4ish years ago... It's such a good one. <3
The pearl one was super good too!!! It was really cute and heartfelt and im not entirely sure how that happened when the only lyric is "okay" but IT WORKED. like woah. datis ausum is an amv genius.
@Zenzic
Ahhh!!! YEs steven's va is adorable in the italian. I went and watched a bunch more of the italian vids and like.. THEY DID SUCH A GOOD JOB. I'm just blown away. And with the translations... well they can't all be winners. So long as they're not all like turkish i think its still a win lol

@Horridon
Yeah same. I first heard Blue Lips from one of those old homestuck song photo posts that circulated on tumblr 4ish years ago... It's such a good one. <3
The pearl one was super good too!!! It was really cute and heartfelt and im not entirely sure how that happened when the only lyric is "okay" but IT WORKED. like woah. datis ausum is an amv genius.
@baelistair
Oh my god was it the Nepeta and Equius one? Because my friend can't listen to that song without thinking of that photo post.
@baelistair
Oh my god was it the Nepeta and Equius one? Because my friend can't listen to that song without thinking of that photo post.
123o4cl.gif
@Horridon OH OF COURSE IT WAS. OH THE PAIN AND SHAME OF MY FORMER HOMESTUCK LIFE.
@Horridon OH OF COURSE IT WAS. OH THE PAIN AND SHAME OF MY FORMER HOMESTUCK LIFE.
@baelistair
There's still a little bit of Homestuck trash left in my soul, holding on like Voldemort. It can never truly die, dormant and waiting for the hiatus to end someday... somday.

Steven Universe has come to fill that void.
@baelistair
There's still a little bit of Homestuck trash left in my soul, holding on like Voldemort. It can never truly die, dormant and waiting for the hiatus to end someday... somday.

Steven Universe has come to fill that void.
123o4cl.gif
@Horridon lmao SAME. like I still cosplay Jade and wear my godtier light hoodie on a regular basis, but have I actually read or paid attention to homestuck in the last year? no of course I havent. lol

The woman who runs the office at my apartment complex is just now getting into homestuck and so every time i go to pay my rent i wind up sitting and chatting with her for like a good 30 minutes about homestuck and watching it take over her fandom life is 100% surreal.
@Horridon lmao SAME. like I still cosplay Jade and wear my godtier light hoodie on a regular basis, but have I actually read or paid attention to homestuck in the last year? no of course I havent. lol

The woman who runs the office at my apartment complex is just now getting into homestuck and so every time i go to pay my rent i wind up sitting and chatting with her for like a good 30 minutes about homestuck and watching it take over her fandom life is 100% surreal.
@horridon I've only watched up to episode 15 (I'm not the quickest person to sit around and watch anything, no matter how interesting), though so far I'd say it's a pure and wholesome show! I've gotten some spoilers now and then about character development and the like, however, and I think there's just enough darkness to make it interesting without spoiling it for kids.

Thus far I'd say my favorites are probably Steven, Connie, Amethyst, and Peridot.
@horridon I've only watched up to episode 15 (I'm not the quickest person to sit around and watch anything, no matter how interesting), though so far I'd say it's a pure and wholesome show! I've gotten some spoilers now and then about character development and the like, however, and I think there's just enough darkness to make it interesting without spoiling it for kids.

Thus far I'd say my favorites are probably Steven, Connie, Amethyst, and Peridot.
Pink-Tail Mole Downy Fox Rat Skycat Fawn Fox Rat Silky Mole
Near-Completed Bestiary Progress
(Username is REDLASUNSHOWERS)
@RedlaSunShowers
I love it! There are heavier themes and story lines than is often given credit to children's shows, but because of that it makes it so great for older audiences as well. The lessons it teaches kids as well is so great and I really hope that younger audiences are able to appreciate it as much as the people I know who have come to love it.
@RedlaSunShowers
I love it! There are heavier themes and story lines than is often given credit to children's shows, but because of that it makes it so great for older audiences as well. The lessons it teaches kids as well is so great and I really hope that younger audiences are able to appreciate it as much as the people I know who have come to love it.
123o4cl.gif
@Horridon precisely! The span of the audience makes it relatable to many audiences, from little kids to even some adults (I wouldn't be surprised). And it's got such a body positive flow to it, too; as a person who's a bit body conscious it makes me, and I'm sure a lot of others a lot more content with their weight.

And I must say the Pro-LGBT attitude is fantastic!
@Horridon precisely! The span of the audience makes it relatable to many audiences, from little kids to even some adults (I wouldn't be surprised). And it's got such a body positive flow to it, too; as a person who's a bit body conscious it makes me, and I'm sure a lot of others a lot more content with their weight.

And I must say the Pro-LGBT attitude is fantastic!
Pink-Tail Mole Downy Fox Rat Skycat Fawn Fox Rat Silky Mole
Near-Completed Bestiary Progress
(Username is REDLASUNSHOWERS)
@Horridon

Haha. XD Well, they left it mostly in English, but dubbed random lines and it's all over the place. It... did the song no favours. :I

@baelistair
Yeah, Italy really did do a good job. :D I hope they end up dubbing all of the songs. I want to hear Italian Peridot sing!

Haha, yeah. The other dubs range from ok to great. Turkey's dub is just the odd one that fell right off the chart in badness. Some of the VAs in the other language dubs aren't great singers (Russian Steven), but it's still passable.
@Horridon

Haha. XD Well, they left it mostly in English, but dubbed random lines and it's all over the place. It... did the song no favours. :I

@baelistair
Yeah, Italy really did do a good job. :D I hope they end up dubbing all of the songs. I want to hear Italian Peridot sing!

Haha, yeah. The other dubs range from ok to great. Turkey's dub is just the odd one that fell right off the chart in badness. Some of the VAs in the other language dubs aren't great singers (Russian Steven), but it's still passable.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 169 170