Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Fridge is [open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Arinna I'm absolutely loving all the beef recipes! And slowcooker recipes are even better since I work weird hours.
Tomatoes/garlic are definitely going on my grocery list!
@Arinna I'm absolutely loving all the beef recipes! And slowcooker recipes are even better since I work weird hours.
Tomatoes/garlic are definitely going on my grocery list!
FLoYPGu.gif
@Delamire

For starters, I've found that Peanut butter (chunky or smooth) and milk go together nicely, so just stick some peanut butter on a spoon and dunk it into a glass of milk and you have instant yum.

Nutella and Jelly also seem to mix.
@Delamire

For starters, I've found that Peanut butter (chunky or smooth) and milk go together nicely, so just stick some peanut butter on a spoon and dunk it into a glass of milk and you have instant yum.

Nutella and Jelly also seem to mix.
Espresso%20Icon.png Kristy/Kris
she/her
Adult
+1 FR time
Please ping me! I may miss your reply/message if you don't.
@SteampunkDragon dunking peanut butter in milk has honestly never occurred to me, which is so weird since I eat it off the spoon all the time! I'm definitely trying this one next time I'm munching on PB. (and crunchy all the way! haha)

Honestly I think I'd eat Nutella on just about anything!
@SteampunkDragon dunking peanut butter in milk has honestly never occurred to me, which is so weird since I eat it off the spoon all the time! I'm definitely trying this one next time I'm munching on PB. (and crunchy all the way! haha)

Honestly I think I'd eat Nutella on just about anything!
FLoYPGu.gif
Wow these recipes look so good, pinging myself for later use!

@TEMMIEATCOLLEG
Wow these recipes look so good, pinging myself for later use!

@TEMMIEATCOLLEG
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
Accidentally made a really yummy lentil soup in the slow cooker?

Measurements aren't super exact but I did basically
  • 3 cups dry lentils
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp red curry paste
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 sweet potato, shaved*
  • 1/3 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
  • half a lime's worth of juice (about 2tbsp)

and put it all in except for the lime juice, cooked for about 4ish hours on high and let simmer on warm for another hour. Added the lime juice in last and blended it. Next time I make it I'm going to try and add coconut milk and see how that does with it.

*By shaved, I basically peeled the sweet potato as usual and then used the peeler to shave off 'ribbons' that I put in the pot. The sweet potato is really thin so it cooks down quickly and really well.
Accidentally made a really yummy lentil soup in the slow cooker?

Measurements aren't super exact but I did basically
  • 3 cups dry lentils
  • 4 cups beef broth
  • 1 tbsp finely minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp red curry paste
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • 1 sweet potato, shaved*
  • 1/3 cup diced onion
  • 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
  • half a lime's worth of juice (about 2tbsp)

and put it all in except for the lime juice, cooked for about 4ish hours on high and let simmer on warm for another hour. Added the lime juice in last and blended it. Next time I make it I'm going to try and add coconut milk and see how that does with it.

*By shaved, I basically peeled the sweet potato as usual and then used the peeler to shave off 'ribbons' that I put in the pot. The sweet potato is really thin so it cooks down quickly and really well.
tumblr_otyh5kkff31vsg0m1o1_400.png
@Delamire I think it'll work on whatever meat, though I've only tried it with beef so take that with a grain of salt. If you just want the flavor you can use a more tender cut, but then you're not saving money anymore.
@Delamire I think it'll work on whatever meat, though I've only tried it with beef so take that with a grain of salt. If you just want the flavor you can use a more tender cut, but then you're not saving money anymore.
xhhK.gifB7wo.gif82cbD.gifm0BXP.gifvSXYr.gifWE35C.gifpmx86.gif
@sephydark money is definitely my limiting factor haha
I'm exited to try this one!
@sephydark money is definitely my limiting factor haha
I'm exited to try this one!
FLoYPGu.gif
@Delamire

Can confirm, chicken + Italian dressing is also delicious!

And thanks! Yours really looks like you've put effort into it though lol.
@Delamire

Can confirm, chicken + Italian dressing is also delicious!

And thanks! Yours really looks like you've put effort into it though lol.
giphy.gif
@Delamire

Another simple recipe I'd like to share is one of my favorites.
Grab an apple (I prefer Honeycrisp) and a melon baller, and hollow out the apple, leaving 1/4 inch walls and a half inch at the bottom. Fill in this hole with peanut butter, then top with M&M's , chocolate Chex, or rasins, then get s spoon and eat it!
@Delamire

Another simple recipe I'd like to share is one of my favorites.
Grab an apple (I prefer Honeycrisp) and a melon baller, and hollow out the apple, leaving 1/4 inch walls and a half inch at the bottom. Fill in this hole with peanut butter, then top with M&M's , chocolate Chex, or rasins, then get s spoon and eat it!
Espresso%20Icon.png Kristy/Kris
she/her
Adult
+1 FR time
Please ping me! I may miss your reply/message if you don't.
Just wanted to bump this with a recipe I found.

This is a brilliant idea for sliders, I might try this thing with the baking layout later but probably with my own recipe (corned beef isn't exactly easy to find here, maybe chicken with onions and peppers).
Just wanted to bump this with a recipe I found.

This is a brilliant idea for sliders, I might try this thing with the baking layout later but probably with my own recipe (corned beef isn't exactly easy to find here, maybe chicken with onions and peppers).
My writing project.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10