Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Fridge is [open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Delamire/Flightrising%20Misc/The-Fridge_zpsicmaysrm.png[/img][/center] [center][size=4]This is a thread for all you food experimentalists out there! Maybe you hate grocery shopping, or maybe you just hate waste. It's time to dig into the back of your fridge and start mixing. No need to segregate those vegitables! Let's get creative and create back-of-the-fridge concoctions, leftover medleys, and condiment creations! [/size] [/center] [img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Delamire/Flightrising%20Misc/the-fridge-border_zpsnn0eykm4.png[/img] [size=4]I'd love to know:[/size] [LIST] [*] [size=3]what's the weirdest recipe you've every come up with?[/size] [*] [size=3]What's the most delicious?[/size] [*] [size=3]What flavor combinations have you been surprised by?[/size] [*] [size=3]Any preparation shortcuts you've discovered? [/size] [/LIST] [size=4]I'd love to see these in the future:[/size] [LIST] [*]A 'cookbook' style section for submitted recipes [*]Movie night - food and kitchen themed movies such as Julie & Julia or The Hundred-Foot Journey [/LIST]
The-Fridge_zpsicmaysrm.png

This is a thread for all you food experimentalists out there! Maybe you hate grocery shopping, or maybe you just hate waste. It's time to dig into the back of your fridge and start mixing. No need to segregate those vegitables! Let's get creative and create back-of-the-fridge concoctions, leftover medleys, and condiment creations!

the-fridge-border_zpsnn0eykm4.png

I'd love to know:
  • what's the weirdest recipe you've every come up with?
  • What's the most delicious?
  • What flavor combinations have you been surprised by?
  • Any preparation shortcuts you've discovered?

I'd love to see these in the future:
  • A 'cookbook' style section for submitted recipes
  • Movie night - food and kitchen themed movies such as Julie & Julia or The Hundred-Foot Journey
FLoYPGu.gif
[center][size=6][b]Pinglists![/b][/size] [img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Delamire/Flightrising%20Misc/the-fridge-border_zpsnn0eykm4.png[/img][/center] Please ping me to be added to a list! [size=4]New Recipes: [/size] [size=4]Movie Night Updates: [/size]
Pinglists!

Please ping me to be added to a list!

New Recipes:

Movie Night Updates:
FLoYPGu.gif
[center][size=5][b]Reserved[/b][/size] [img]http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah205/Delamire/Flightrising%20Misc/the-fridge-border_zpsnn0eykm4.png[/img][/center]
Reserved

FLoYPGu.gif
Recipe: Veggi Pizza

Ingredients: 3
  • Canned crescent rolls
  • Ranch
  • Vegetables
  • Optional: sunflower-seed topping!

[Preheat oven to directions on crescent roll can]

Roll out the crescent dough to create the pizza crust, it doesn't need to be perfect. You can overlap if you want one complete crust that you can cut or leave the edges barely touching for larger pull-apart pieces. :)

Set a timer and bake crust for the time specified on the can but check it periodically. Because the 'rolls' have been left flat, they will bake a little quicker so watch for the golden brown color. You can go doughier or crispier.

[Let cool]

Spread ranch dip/dressing over the crust. This is your 'sauce.'

Chop up (or blend lol) any vegetables. Seriously, any will do: broccoli, cornflour, carrots, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc.

Sprinkle them on. Eat.

This recipe also works if you want to use dips, salsa, or jams with different toppings
Recipe: Veggi Pizza

Ingredients: 3
  • Canned crescent rolls
  • Ranch
  • Vegetables
  • Optional: sunflower-seed topping!

[Preheat oven to directions on crescent roll can]

Roll out the crescent dough to create the pizza crust, it doesn't need to be perfect. You can overlap if you want one complete crust that you can cut or leave the edges barely touching for larger pull-apart pieces. :)

Set a timer and bake crust for the time specified on the can but check it periodically. Because the 'rolls' have been left flat, they will bake a little quicker so watch for the golden brown color. You can go doughier or crispier.

[Let cool]

Spread ranch dip/dressing over the crust. This is your 'sauce.'

Chop up (or blend lol) any vegetables. Seriously, any will do: broccoli, cornflour, carrots, celery, tomatoes, bell peppers, cucumbers, etc.

Sprinkle them on. Eat.

This recipe also works if you want to use dips, salsa, or jams with different toppings
FLoYPGu.gif
I love experimental cooking!

Recently with my BF we discvered the magic of soy sauce-honey combination, and we cook EVERYTHING with honey and soy sauce. It goes with veggies, meat, sauce....

Something I love to do is pork or veal with hazelnut crust.

RECIPE

• Pork or veal meat chop
  • Flour
  • Eggs
  • Hazelnut powder

In three separate plates, put some flour, hazelnut powder and your eggs (break and mix them up)

Take your meat chop and dip it in flour first then in your eggs. You can repeat a second time.

Dip your meat chop in hazelnut powder to have an even layer.

Cook your meat in a frying pan with vegetable oil (not too hot!!!! The crust will burn and your meat will be raw)

Add salt, pepper or anything you want.

Eat.

(Sorry for the potential english mistakes)
I love experimental cooking!

Recently with my BF we discvered the magic of soy sauce-honey combination, and we cook EVERYTHING with honey and soy sauce. It goes with veggies, meat, sauce....

Something I love to do is pork or veal with hazelnut crust.

RECIPE

• Pork or veal meat chop
  • Flour
  • Eggs
  • Hazelnut powder

In three separate plates, put some flour, hazelnut powder and your eggs (break and mix them up)

Take your meat chop and dip it in flour first then in your eggs. You can repeat a second time.

Dip your meat chop in hazelnut powder to have an even layer.

Cook your meat in a frying pan with vegetable oil (not too hot!!!! The crust will burn and your meat will be raw)

Add salt, pepper or anything you want.

Eat.

(Sorry for the potential english mistakes)
forum_signature.jpg
-HYPE-
this looks like so much fun!
-HYPE-
this looks like so much fun!
xWoPUjI.png
@Firefishes Oh my, that sounds amazing!! I'm gonna have to get some porkchops this week and do it. And that sounds like something my roommate would like to.
I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

As for the soysauce/honey, I feel like I could do a great stir-fry with that. I loooove stir-fry since I can buy the frozen vegi mixes and meat and just toss 'em together any night I'm feeling lazy. Have you used it like that yet?
@Firefishes Oh my, that sounds amazing!! I'm gonna have to get some porkchops this week and do it. And that sounds like something my roommate would like to.
I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out!

As for the soysauce/honey, I feel like I could do a great stir-fry with that. I loooove stir-fry since I can buy the frozen vegi mixes and meat and just toss 'em together any night I'm feeling lazy. Have you used it like that yet?
FLoYPGu.gif
@Delamire

I did used soysayce/honey on all kind of veggies and pastas, but never on a stir-fry! I am sure it's going to be delicious! I'll try it some day :)
@Delamire

I did used soysayce/honey on all kind of veggies and pastas, but never on a stir-fry! I am sure it's going to be delicious! I'll try it some day :)
forum_signature.jpg
@DigDog I'm glad you think so! [img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg.gif[/img]
@DigDog I'm glad you think so! tumblr_m9ralgqmho1qdlkyg.gif
FLoYPGu.gif
@Firefishes I love that it's two common things people have lying around but don't really get used often. I might even be able to try it tonight if I dig through the pantry!
@Firefishes I love that it's two common things people have lying around but don't really get used often. I might even be able to try it tonight if I dig through the pantry!
FLoYPGu.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10