Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | The Fridge is [open]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Inghelene *scribbles frantically* tomatoes..... onions.........

Spaghetti here I come!
@Inghelene *scribbles frantically* tomatoes..... onions.........

Spaghetti here I come!
FLoYPGu.gif
@Delamire

It is my favourite dish, and the fastest I know of too. xD

... well, apart from buying pre-made stuff.
But as a poor student, that's a rare.
@Delamire

It is my favourite dish, and the fastest I know of too. xD

... well, apart from buying pre-made stuff.
But as a poor student, that's a rare.
@Inghelene

I'm definitely going to make it soon, that sounds awesome
@Inghelene

I'm definitely going to make it soon, that sounds awesome
FLoYPGu.gif
The weirdest recipe I have tried? The Sinner's Sandwich is definitely a clear choice.
I can't say that I came up with this one myself, but it's shockingly good. It's from a game called Deadly premonition, and it is a STRANGE game.
But onto the sandwich

Ingredients:
White bread (no crust)
Turkey breast
Some preferably high quality strawberry jam
Cereal- yeah cereal, like the stuff you eat with milk. You can use any cereal, as long as it is sweet. I prefer captain crunch, but I have been told froot loops and cheerios also work.

Now you just cook the turkey breast, with butter if that's your thing.
Take two pieces of bread. Put butter on one piece, and put a lot of strawberry jam on the other. Putting a lot is preffered, but the exact amount is up to you.
Cut the turkey into small slices and lay it on the buttered piece of bread.
Now sprinkle a very liberal amount of cereal on the bread with the jam then put them together.

Congrats, you have now made probably the strangest thing I have ever put on my plate. I know this sounds like a joke, but it honestly tastes amazing.
The weirdest recipe I have tried? The Sinner's Sandwich is definitely a clear choice.
I can't say that I came up with this one myself, but it's shockingly good. It's from a game called Deadly premonition, and it is a STRANGE game.
But onto the sandwich

Ingredients:
White bread (no crust)
Turkey breast
Some preferably high quality strawberry jam
Cereal- yeah cereal, like the stuff you eat with milk. You can use any cereal, as long as it is sweet. I prefer captain crunch, but I have been told froot loops and cheerios also work.

Now you just cook the turkey breast, with butter if that's your thing.
Take two pieces of bread. Put butter on one piece, and put a lot of strawberry jam on the other. Putting a lot is preffered, but the exact amount is up to you.
Cut the turkey into small slices and lay it on the buttered piece of bread.
Now sprinkle a very liberal amount of cereal on the bread with the jam then put them together.

Congrats, you have now made probably the strangest thing I have ever put on my plate. I know this sounds like a joke, but it honestly tastes amazing.
snowflakesmaller_zps76ff7814.pngIIN1Zjg.pngsnowflakesmaller_zps76ff7814.png
@AceWarden I can't decide if this is crazy or shEER GENIUS...!!
I'm leaning toward the latter. Fun sandwich combos are my favorites to be honest. :)

I had a friend who would make me sandwiches using ham, summer sausage, sweet pickles, and BBQ sauce which was amazing.

(Also, What is this game?)
@AceWarden I can't decide if this is crazy or shEER GENIUS...!!
I'm leaning toward the latter. Fun sandwich combos are my favorites to be honest. :)

I had a friend who would make me sandwiches using ham, summer sausage, sweet pickles, and BBQ sauce which was amazing.

(Also, What is this game?)
FLoYPGu.gif
On the topic of strawberry jam, a toasted sandwich with jam, cream cheese, and honey is amazing.
On the topic of strawberry jam, a toasted sandwich with jam, cream cheese, and honey is amazing.
MdxrYxP.pngylgh68g.png
@AsteriaDusk
Ah! So many sweet treats lately! And I just know I'm going to end up trying them all (especially yours since I have all of these things and just haven't combined them yet somehow)
@AsteriaDusk
Ah! So many sweet treats lately! And I just know I'm going to end up trying them all (especially yours since I have all of these things and just haven't combined them yet somehow)
FLoYPGu.gif
Recipe: Taco Soup

Ingredients: 8
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • 1 can cilli beans
  • 2 packets taco sesoning
  • 1 small can chopped green chilies (I use Old El Paso)
  • 1 bag of Fritos

Brown the ground beef the drain the grease off (keep the stove on). Add the can of tomato paste then fill the can with water and add that. Mix in 1.5 packets or both if desired because it will be easiest to mix it in at this time.

Begin adding the cans of tomatoes, corn, beans, and chillies (all drained). Stir until everything is heated and let simmer, stirring occasionally.

Serve over Fritos :) In a pinch, corn chips or rice can be substituted.
Recipe: Taco Soup

Ingredients: 8
  • 2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 small can tomato paste
  • 1 can cilli beans
  • 2 packets taco sesoning
  • 1 small can chopped green chilies (I use Old El Paso)
  • 1 bag of Fritos

Brown the ground beef the drain the grease off (keep the stove on). Add the can of tomato paste then fill the can with water and add that. Mix in 1.5 packets or both if desired because it will be easiest to mix it in at this time.

Begin adding the cans of tomatoes, corn, beans, and chillies (all drained). Stir until everything is heated and let simmer, stirring occasionally.

Serve over Fritos :) In a pinch, corn chips or rice can be substituted.
FLoYPGu.gif
Growing up my mom always made this thing (and still does occasionally) called "Shepherds Pie" because it was cheap, easy, and practically a poor-mans nutritional dinner. A local restaurant offered to buy her recipe but she refused.. and now I'm putting it on a forum on a dragon site.. |:
anyway.. (5) ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Cheese
  • Hamburger meat (You can use any left over meat as well but I always use hamburger)
  • Veg-All (or any canned or fresh vegetables)
  • and the secret ingredient.. CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP

My mom's been in the restaurant/cooking business her whole life and no one in my family actually measures things out. We cook by taste/texture. This recipe is very versatile. You can cook it in the oven or in a pot, use any kind of cheese (sliced, shredded, whatever), meat, and veggies.
  • brown your hamburger meat and put it in the bottom of the pot or oven-pan
  • layer your canned veggies equally over the meat
  • next comes the cream of mushroom soup
  • add a layer of potatoes (can be mashed, diced, or slices. I always use canned sliced potatoes)
  • nearly last, add TONS OF CHEESE. POUNDS. AS MUCH AS YOU WANT (even none if you don't fancy cheese)
  • lastly, just pop it in the oven til everything is thoroughly cooked, or if you're cooking it in a pot on the stove cover it and let it heat thoroughly.

then you're done. you can eat it now. go ahead.
WARNING: You may need to do some experimenting before it's just the way you like it. Some people like it soupier, and add more cream of mushroom soup. Other people like more/less of any of the ingredients. It just depends on what YOU (and your family or whoever) likes.
more guidance: you can layer it however you want, but if you're cooking it on the stove you will probably burn the potatoes if you put them on the bottom (like I typically do because I always forget to put meat first). I like to add lots of thinner layers, but sometimes if you aren't careful the layers will be too thick for the cream of mushroom to thoroughly soak the whole thing.

okay guys that was a lot of typing.. o.o I promise it's not as complicated as I make it seem.
Growing up my mom always made this thing (and still does occasionally) called "Shepherds Pie" because it was cheap, easy, and practically a poor-mans nutritional dinner. A local restaurant offered to buy her recipe but she refused.. and now I'm putting it on a forum on a dragon site.. |:
anyway.. (5) ingredients:
  • Potatoes
  • Cheese
  • Hamburger meat (You can use any left over meat as well but I always use hamburger)
  • Veg-All (or any canned or fresh vegetables)
  • and the secret ingredient.. CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP

My mom's been in the restaurant/cooking business her whole life and no one in my family actually measures things out. We cook by taste/texture. This recipe is very versatile. You can cook it in the oven or in a pot, use any kind of cheese (sliced, shredded, whatever), meat, and veggies.
  • brown your hamburger meat and put it in the bottom of the pot or oven-pan
  • layer your canned veggies equally over the meat
  • next comes the cream of mushroom soup
  • add a layer of potatoes (can be mashed, diced, or slices. I always use canned sliced potatoes)
  • nearly last, add TONS OF CHEESE. POUNDS. AS MUCH AS YOU WANT (even none if you don't fancy cheese)
  • lastly, just pop it in the oven til everything is thoroughly cooked, or if you're cooking it in a pot on the stove cover it and let it heat thoroughly.

then you're done. you can eat it now. go ahead.
WARNING: You may need to do some experimenting before it's just the way you like it. Some people like it soupier, and add more cream of mushroom soup. Other people like more/less of any of the ingredients. It just depends on what YOU (and your family or whoever) likes.
more guidance: you can layer it however you want, but if you're cooking it on the stove you will probably burn the potatoes if you put them on the bottom (like I typically do because I always forget to put meat first). I like to add lots of thinner layers, but sometimes if you aren't careful the layers will be too thick for the cream of mushroom to thoroughly soak the whole thing.

okay guys that was a lot of typing.. o.o I promise it's not as complicated as I make it seem.
AAJalHB.gifQpP0XAo.gif
@LewdAwaken

Wow this is an awesome recipe o﹃o
My mom made a version of shepherd's pie when I was little that was very simple. Now I really want to try this one! The cream of mushroom soup is a killer secret ingredient :)
@LewdAwaken

Wow this is an awesome recipe o﹃o
My mom made a version of shepherd's pie when I was little that was very simple. Now I really want to try this one! The cream of mushroom soup is a killer secret ingredient :)
FLoYPGu.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10