Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Star TrEK
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
Someone bumped the trek thread! :D

@Vhyxalas I'm on DS9 right now, but only season 2. Garak's been pretty fabulous so far!
Someone bumped the trek thread! :D

@Vhyxalas I'm on DS9 right now, but only season 2. Garak's been pretty fabulous so far!
My writing project.
MY PEOPLE
I'm a new fan, got into it a couple months ago.
I've watched the new movies, now I'm working my way through the series. I've seen about 3 seasons of tos, 2 seasons of voyager and I'm on my 4th episode of tng. I jump around a lot :P I plan on watching all of them though!
I have a special place in my heart for uhura, bones, harry kim, captain coffee janeway and data.
MY PEOPLE
I'm a new fan, got into it a couple months ago.
I've watched the new movies, now I'm working my way through the series. I've seen about 3 seasons of tos, 2 seasons of voyager and I'm on my 4th episode of tng. I jump around a lot :P I plan on watching all of them though!
I have a special place in my heart for uhura, bones, harry kim, captain coffee janeway and data.
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
there's other trekkies here aaaaaaahhhh
I have quite a few Trek dergs, I'm really into TNG (Data!! I have a Data phone case and I'm in love with it) and DS9 (Odo and Quark are the best). Sometimes I play Star Trek Online too because I'm that obsessed with ST... help

also rene auberjonois noticed me once
there's other trekkies here aaaaaaahhhh
I have quite a few Trek dergs, I'm really into TNG (Data!! I have a Data phone case and I'm in love with it) and DS9 (Odo and Quark are the best). Sometimes I play Star Trek Online too because I'm that obsessed with ST... help

also rene auberjonois noticed me once
Screenshot_485.png
@Xoanon I have found your people.
@Xoanon I have found your people.
Caught between the mundanely awkward and the existentially impossible.
-Alice Isn't Dead, Part 2, chapter 4, 11:55

@Zygon THANK YOU!
@VaeLar GET OVER HERE

CAN I JUST TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE OF HOW HAPPY I AM??

*takes deep breath* okay, im good.
@Vhyxalas yasss! I LOVE ds9 :) its so hard to pick my favorite because I love them all, but...DS9!!!
@nightlifebeing
Wait...what. Did you just say rene auberjonois noticed you once? Please, I must hear this story :D
@TheAlchemist
Janeway pie is the best captain mom ever. ^_^
@Zygon THANK YOU!
@VaeLar GET OVER HERE

CAN I JUST TALK IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE OF HOW HAPPY I AM??

*takes deep breath* okay, im good.
@Vhyxalas yasss! I LOVE ds9 :) its so hard to pick my favorite because I love them all, but...DS9!!!
@nightlifebeing
Wait...what. Did you just say rene auberjonois noticed you once? Please, I must hear this story :D
@TheAlchemist
Janeway pie is the best captain mom ever. ^_^
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
tumblr_otoz8r9aVl1v8lm95o3_r1_100.gif
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
@Xoanon it was on Twitter, forgot to add lmao
@Xoanon it was on Twitter, forgot to add lmao
Screenshot_485.png
@nightlifebeing still, that is soo cool though
@nightlifebeing still, that is soo cool though
TCan87U.png
... solitude's fun, don't get me wrong. For heaven's sake after a hundred years.... -BEN
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
@nightlifebeing oooh tell me about star trek online
I tried to get it today but it took over an hour to load to 20% so. I'm gonna try tomorrow :Y
@nightlifebeing oooh tell me about star trek online
I tried to get it today but it took over an hour to load to 20% so. I'm gonna try tomorrow :Y
tumblr_n8h81aIYJy1si697do4_500.png
WE'RE STAR TREKKIN' ACROSS THE UNIVERSE
ON THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE UNDER CAPTAIN KIRK
BOLDLY GOING FORWARD 'CAUSE WE CAN'T FIND REVERSE

So yeah I really really liked the original series. I picked it up for the vintage scifi aesthetic and historical significance and stayed for the writing and the characters. (I think Spock was a really well developed character, I may be making things up but for the context of the show he had a lot of depth. Same goes for Kirk of course but Kirk didn't have to deal with the race issues Spock does. *steps off soapbox*)
My favorite episode is when they have to confuse all the robots that worship Henry Mudd ("logic is a wreath of pretty flower which smell bad") and Plato's Stepchildren because Boy Golly that was an incredible drag on American democracy.
I'm partway through Next Gen. I don't like how this one is written nearly as much, even though it's less cheesy. Most of the things Ryker says are really just :V But Picard makes up for it. He's really well cast. (You know who is not well cast? Friggin' Wesley. I love the idea of his character but I don't-- well I think he was poorly cast haha)

Okay well that was fun I don't rant about Star Trek enough really
ON THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE UNDER CAPTAIN KIRK
BOLDLY GOING FORWARD 'CAUSE WE CAN'T FIND REVERSE

So yeah I really really liked the original series. I picked it up for the vintage scifi aesthetic and historical significance and stayed for the writing and the characters. (I think Spock was a really well developed character, I may be making things up but for the context of the show he had a lot of depth. Same goes for Kirk of course but Kirk didn't have to deal with the race issues Spock does. *steps off soapbox*)
My favorite episode is when they have to confuse all the robots that worship Henry Mudd ("logic is a wreath of pretty flower which smell bad") and Plato's Stepchildren because Boy Golly that was an incredible drag on American democracy.
I'm partway through Next Gen. I don't like how this one is written nearly as much, even though it's less cheesy. Most of the things Ryker says are really just :V But Picard makes up for it. He's really well cast. (You know who is not well cast? Friggin' Wesley. I love the idea of his character but I don't-- well I think he was poorly cast haha)

Okay well that was fun I don't rant about Star Trek enough really
iiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz04t.pngiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz085.pngiiiiiiiii_by_falconrex121-d8kz0bq.png
@FalconRex121 yay! More trekkers/treckkies!

How far are you into tng, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a poor soul who feeds off of star trek rants.
@FalconRex121 yay! More trekkers/treckkies!

How far are you into tng, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a poor soul who feeds off of star trek rants.
TCan87U.png
..[ x o a n o n ]
OLBwj1S.gif
1U9XoNG.png
**AXOLOTL RAFFLE**
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32