Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Star TrEK
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
@wadanohara bless you omg

it's really great to have new fans who love the old stuff as much as you currently are!
@wadanohara bless you omg

it's really great to have new fans who love the old stuff as much as you currently are!
I got into Star Trek because of the first reboot movie, which I absolutely loved. After that I dove into the older stuff and now I've seen everything, even the animated series (which is cracky and ridiculous and best taken in small doses).

My favorite by far is DS9. I love the gray morality in parts of it, the extensive story lines (as opposed to most of the other series, which were more limited to "meet the alien of the day and then leave" stories), and oh man the characters. Garak is my favorite Star Trek character and he's only in 30ish episodes, but he's so wonderful.

I also like TOS. I'm not quite as big on TNG as most people are - I think the cast is fabulous but the show itself is not so good. I'm neutral on Voyager. Not a fan of Enterprise.

I still love the first reboot movie, but I think the second was awful. And the more I see it, the more I find things to dislike - it didn't even have the advantage of growing on me over time! I so hope the third one is better.
I got into Star Trek because of the first reboot movie, which I absolutely loved. After that I dove into the older stuff and now I've seen everything, even the animated series (which is cracky and ridiculous and best taken in small doses).

My favorite by far is DS9. I love the gray morality in parts of it, the extensive story lines (as opposed to most of the other series, which were more limited to "meet the alien of the day and then leave" stories), and oh man the characters. Garak is my favorite Star Trek character and he's only in 30ish episodes, but he's so wonderful.

I also like TOS. I'm not quite as big on TNG as most people are - I think the cast is fabulous but the show itself is not so good. I'm neutral on Voyager. Not a fan of Enterprise.

I still love the first reboot movie, but I think the second was awful. And the more I see it, the more I find things to dislike - it didn't even have the advantage of growing on me over time! I so hope the third one is better.
I'm nto a fan myself but pretty much for my entire life both my dad and brother have been so I have been surrounded by Star Trek since i was little.
I'm nto a fan myself but pretty much for my entire life both my dad and brother have been so I have been surrounded by Star Trek since i was little.
@CapnMasquerade ahh yay another big DS9 fan and you've seen everything and I haven't and you started after me I'm so ashamed

I feel the same about TNG! It's kinda more diplomatic and I'm not about well, DS9 kinda things I guess? DS9 does deal with a lot of issues, but Star Trek does as a whole and I think that like, if this sorta stuff could be thought about when TOS was made, it really is stuff people should watch. Wow, I'm so good with words!

@Zephyrbreeze yeah Star Trek is a big thing that kinda hovers around and a lot of the fans are parents and such these days though the new stuff is drawing people in
@CapnMasquerade ahh yay another big DS9 fan and you've seen everything and I haven't and you started after me I'm so ashamed

I feel the same about TNG! It's kinda more diplomatic and I'm not about well, DS9 kinda things I guess? DS9 does deal with a lot of issues, but Star Trek does as a whole and I think that like, if this sorta stuff could be thought about when TOS was made, it really is stuff people should watch. Wow, I'm so good with words!

@Zephyrbreeze yeah Star Trek is a big thing that kinda hovers around and a lot of the fans are parents and such these days though the new stuff is drawing people in
@Sonne - I was working as a teacher's aide when I first got into it, which meant I had entire summers off to marathon Netflix. So I did. No regrets! I haven't been able to watch it much since then, though. I tried to rewatch TNG and got like three episodes in before I went, "You guys are boring. Where's Sisko?"
@Sonne - I was working as a teacher's aide when I first got into it, which meant I had entire summers off to marathon Netflix. So I did. No regrets! I haven't been able to watch it much since then, though. I tried to rewatch TNG and got like three episodes in before I went, "You guys are boring. Where's Sisko?"
FOUR IS MY FAVOURITE MOVIE TOO!!!! oh gosh I really loved DS9 but I only got to watch maybe a third of it, so I really want to watch it over again. But maybe it's my favourite... I DON'T KNOW I REALLY LIKE THEM ALL TBH I really like tos just because of the characters, but like IDK. HOW CAN I CHOOSE.

I have such high hopes for the new one but I fear they will all be brutally Crushed
FOUR IS MY FAVOURITE MOVIE TOO!!!! oh gosh I really loved DS9 but I only got to watch maybe a third of it, so I really want to watch it over again. But maybe it's my favourite... I DON'T KNOW I REALLY LIKE THEM ALL TBH I really like tos just because of the characters, but like IDK. HOW CAN I CHOOSE.

I have such high hopes for the new one but I fear they will all be brutally Crushed
uIMPP6e.png
@CapnMasquerade ahhh
I have had entire summers off but they're usually partially stuffed with things and inconvenience. I'm supposed to be watching the end DS9 season 3 with my mother atm, but she's so slow with it it's painful. We'll only get up to where we've both seen (season (5)?/6/7) after the next film at this rate.

@Asbel ahhh man it is real hard to choose things in terms of Trek because each series is different and all the characters are different and there are tonnes of them!

Let's make a prayer circle for this next movie to be good.
@CapnMasquerade ahhh
I have had entire summers off but they're usually partially stuffed with things and inconvenience. I'm supposed to be watching the end DS9 season 3 with my mother atm, but she's so slow with it it's painful. We'll only get up to where we've both seen (season (5)?/6/7) after the next film at this rate.

@Asbel ahhh man it is real hard to choose things in terms of Trek because each series is different and all the characters are different and there are tonnes of them!

Let's make a prayer circle for this next movie to be good.
Oh, I actually really like TNG and Voyager. TOS ist great too. But I'm not a fan of DP9. I can't even tell you why, to be honest.
I guess TNG is my favourite because it was the first Star Trek series I watched. My whole family liked and watched it. That's probably why I started it too.

I guess my favourite movie is Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
(I had to figure out the english title right now. In German the movie is called "Star Trek IV: Zurück in die Gegenwart" which literally translates into "Back to the present")

But I also really enjoy watching the new reboot movies.
Oh, I actually really like TNG and Voyager. TOS ist great too. But I'm not a fan of DP9. I can't even tell you why, to be honest.
I guess TNG is my favourite because it was the first Star Trek series I watched. My whole family liked and watched it. That's probably why I started it too.

I guess my favourite movie is Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
(I had to figure out the english title right now. In German the movie is called "Star Trek IV: Zurück in die Gegenwart" which literally translates into "Back to the present")

But I also really enjoy watching the new reboot movies.
PLAGUEBRINGER_sig.png
Oh gosh I love star trek!!! I'm going to ramble, ahhh.

My faves are TNG, VOY&TOS, ENT, DS9.
TNG means a ton to me!! I love it so much, sometimes I think about it and get overwhelmed because holy nuts. I love TNG. It really felt like a series about people who'd recovered and were finally moving forward, to me, and that kind of narrative is very personally important ahha.

Noooot a big fan of DS9, obvsly. A lot of things about the way the narrative handled Bashir and the other augments really skeeved me out as a person with a Serious Mental Disorder and it was enough to put me off the show. "Lol." It's a lot of people I know's favorite, tho! That said I think it does have some of the most well done and on point episodes in the trek canon overall ("The Visitor" and "Far Beyond the Stars" being the most obvious examples).

As far as movies go my all time is definitely The Voyage Home. Neither of the reboot movies are really my thing, though I was super thrilled to see the boom in the TOS fandom because of them :') I'm just... so glad... so many people lo...ve star trek.
Oh gosh I love star trek!!! I'm going to ramble, ahhh.

My faves are TNG, VOY&TOS, ENT, DS9.
TNG means a ton to me!! I love it so much, sometimes I think about it and get overwhelmed because holy nuts. I love TNG. It really felt like a series about people who'd recovered and were finally moving forward, to me, and that kind of narrative is very personally important ahha.

Noooot a big fan of DS9, obvsly. A lot of things about the way the narrative handled Bashir and the other augments really skeeved me out as a person with a Serious Mental Disorder and it was enough to put me off the show. "Lol." It's a lot of people I know's favorite, tho! That said I think it does have some of the most well done and on point episodes in the trek canon overall ("The Visitor" and "Far Beyond the Stars" being the most obvious examples).

As far as movies go my all time is definitely The Voyage Home. Neither of the reboot movies are really my thing, though I was super thrilled to see the boom in the TOS fandom because of them :') I'm just... so glad... so many people lo...ve star trek.
Sorry for the late replies, guys, I was out at comic con (yay)

@Esca yeah most people do have an attachment to their first series like I do w/ Voyager

@Ree that sounds like a legit reason to not like DS9 as much

I'm glad everyone loves Star Trek IV though, like it's barely even Trek, it's like lets put our cast in the past on Earth and make them run around for various things. Only need a few spaceship stuff.

I do find both of your reasons for liking TNG the best very interesting actually. Maybe I just didn't gel with the characters as much as I gelled with the characters in the other series'.
Sorry for the late replies, guys, I was out at comic con (yay)

@Esca yeah most people do have an attachment to their first series like I do w/ Voyager

@Ree that sounds like a legit reason to not like DS9 as much

I'm glad everyone loves Star Trek IV though, like it's barely even Trek, it's like lets put our cast in the past on Earth and make them run around for various things. Only need a few spaceship stuff.

I do find both of your reasons for liking TNG the best very interesting actually. Maybe I just didn't gel with the characters as much as I gelled with the characters in the other series'.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32