Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Star TrEK
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
@MissouriMule I've seen all the movies so that's no worry there. Haha. I personally believe Jake helped me to like Sisko; I think he deals with his bratty annoying son really well. But again, I'm only on season 3! I'm at the point where central command and the obsidian order start to fracture (after Frakes' appearance).

@Lesley Even at season 3 I like the characters a lot more than I did season 1, so I believe it for sure.
@MissouriMule I've seen all the movies so that's no worry there. Haha. I personally believe Jake helped me to like Sisko; I think he deals with his bratty annoying son really well. But again, I'm only on season 3! I'm at the point where central command and the obsidian order start to fracture (after Frakes' appearance).

@Lesley Even at season 3 I like the characters a lot more than I did season 1, so I believe it for sure.
jIRALXN.png
@MissouriMule

Haha, I despise Wesley as much as the next person, but I actually...like Jake? I feel like in a retrospective of the series they did a lot better showing the progression of his 'growing up' and you can definitely look back and see how he matures. His friendship with Nog was great too.

I may be a bit biased because I find his escapades as a writer relatable, however.
@MissouriMule

Haha, I despise Wesley as much as the next person, but I actually...like Jake? I feel like in a retrospective of the series they did a lot better showing the progression of his 'growing up' and you can definitely look back and see how he matures. His friendship with Nog was great too.

I may be a bit biased because I find his escapades as a writer relatable, however.
I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
@Lesley

Oh now don't get me wrong, Jake was a hell of a better character than Wesley, but when he was compared to everyone around him he just fell flat. And that was almost the function of Wesley's character, Wesley was so bad any other flaw within the writing of other characters was ignored ignored blind rage every time Wesley derped on screen. Jake didn't even have that!

He was just sort of there, didn't really do anything but whine and make me want to push him out an air lock because *insert character here* is having and crisis and goddammit Jake I just don't care.
@Lesley

Oh now don't get me wrong, Jake was a hell of a better character than Wesley, but when he was compared to everyone around him he just fell flat. And that was almost the function of Wesley's character, Wesley was so bad any other flaw within the writing of other characters was ignored ignored blind rage every time Wesley derped on screen. Jake didn't even have that!

He was just sort of there, didn't really do anything but whine and make me want to push him out an air lock because *insert character here* is having and crisis and goddammit Jake I just don't care.
rgKmAZX.pngFSjGDWP.png9xxzY6y.pngJuNQ6Ts.png9KuTKv8.png
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
@MissouriMule

I was trying to think if there was anybody I really didn't like in DS9 and then I remembered:

I feel like I'm the only one who really didn't like Ezri Dax. Everyone else seems to think she was great, but she was the one thing about the last couple seasons of the show that I think shouldn't have been there at all. It was just way too late in the series to kill off such an established character like Jadzia and while they may have intended to make the biology of the symbiote relevant again it mostly just felt like shock value. And poor Worf. Can't he ever just be happy nnggg.

Then they didn't do anything to develop her character or make her feel distinct from Jadzia, which is really hard anyways because she's a very intense character, but they could have put a lil' more effort in it.

Over all, I felt it was a waste of time and deprived us of a character that should have been around for those last few seasons and experiencing what the rest of the crew was experiencing, but instead got replaced with a cardboard cutout with none of her charm.

@MissouriMule

I was trying to think if there was anybody I really didn't like in DS9 and then I remembered:

I feel like I'm the only one who really didn't like Ezri Dax. Everyone else seems to think she was great, but she was the one thing about the last couple seasons of the show that I think shouldn't have been there at all. It was just way too late in the series to kill off such an established character like Jadzia and while they may have intended to make the biology of the symbiote relevant again it mostly just felt like shock value. And poor Worf. Can't he ever just be happy nnggg.

Then they didn't do anything to develop her character or make her feel distinct from Jadzia, which is really hard anyways because she's a very intense character, but they could have put a lil' more effort in it.

Over all, I felt it was a waste of time and deprived us of a character that should have been around for those last few seasons and experiencing what the rest of the crew was experiencing, but instead got replaced with a cardboard cutout with none of her charm.

@Lesley Is the spoiler tag something like [quote][ spoiler] [/spoiler ][/quote] Or is it something else?
@Lesley

Is the spoiler tag something like
Quote:
[ spoiler] [/spoiler ]

Or is it something else?
“People who claim that they're evil are usually no worse than the rest of us... It's people who claim that they're good, or any way better than the rest of us, that you have to be wary of.” - Gregory Maguire
@MissouriMule

Yeah, like that.
@MissouriMule

Yeah, like that.
@Lesley

Lovely! Modern conveniences~

You're not the only one, now personally I loved Jadiza's character, but hated her actress, and then they went and killed her of while her and Worf were just reaching a level of brain aneurysm adorable for no valid reason within the plot. Did the actress want to leave or something? I never understood at all why they killed her off and then had the gall to replace her with Ezri.

Now I actually like Ezri, on her own. As she is the new host of the Dax symbiont she going to seem a lot like Jadiza, especially sense I think the Jadzia incarnation was such a strong force who'd managed to wrap all the past hosts lives within herself very neatly. Ezri didn't have the benefit of training and time like Jadiza had and somehow seemed to miss all the confidence the Dax symbiont seems to walk with. So I don't blame her for being a cardboard cut out Jadzia, I do blame her for existing at all.

I kinda like random death in TV shows, it's reflective of real life and when you're in a dangerous occupation like Star Fleet in a war zone some one is bound to die. But they handled it so wrong with Jadzia I can barely stand it and because they went and replaced her character with the next host of the Dax symbiont which meant they pretty much were killing Jadzia to get a new character that was going to have a lot of her personality and habits.
@Lesley

Lovely! Modern conveniences~

You're not the only one, now personally I loved Jadiza's character, but hated her actress, and then they went and killed her of while her and Worf were just reaching a level of brain aneurysm adorable for no valid reason within the plot. Did the actress want to leave or something? I never understood at all why they killed her off and then had the gall to replace her with Ezri.

Now I actually like Ezri, on her own. As she is the new host of the Dax symbiont she going to seem a lot like Jadiza, especially sense I think the Jadzia incarnation was such a strong force who'd managed to wrap all the past hosts lives within herself very neatly. Ezri didn't have the benefit of training and time like Jadiza had and somehow seemed to miss all the confidence the Dax symbiont seems to walk with. So I don't blame her for being a cardboard cut out Jadzia, I do blame her for existing at all.

I kinda like random death in TV shows, it's reflective of real life and when you're in a dangerous occupation like Star Fleet in a war zone some one is bound to die. But they handled it so wrong with Jadzia I can barely stand it and because they went and replaced her character with the next host of the Dax symbiont which meant they pretty much were killing Jadzia to get a new character that was going to have a lot of her personality and habits.
@MissouriMule @Lesley awesome!! i have to remember to look at these spoilers when i finish :D
@MissouriMule @Lesley awesome!! i have to remember to look at these spoilers when i finish :D
jIRALXN.png
@PitchPines

Yeah, it's not something you'll want spoiled right now, trust me. xP Biiiig plot point.
@PitchPines

Yeah, it's not something you'll want spoiled right now, trust me. xP Biiiig plot point.
I just noticed something. Did anyone else know that Kate Mulegrew (Janeway) is on one of those parody Adult Swim shows, those really, really stupid humor ones? Like not that they are bad, it's meant to be stupid humor but generally it's just too stupid for me to be funny. She's on NTSF:SD:SUV::.

I am really curious as to what other random actors are on random shows now...
I just noticed something. Did anyone else know that Kate Mulegrew (Janeway) is on one of those parody Adult Swim shows, those really, really stupid humor ones? Like not that they are bad, it's meant to be stupid humor but generally it's just too stupid for me to be funny. She's on NTSF:SD:SUV::.

I am really curious as to what other random actors are on random shows now...
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32