Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Transformers Fans, Anyone?
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32
Transformers just die all over the place don't they? /D But I do like to think every continuity has something to offer. So you can pretty much pick and chose which to like i suppose~ For animated though... I still really haven't gotten pasted Optimus' face :/ I'm just so used to him wearing a face-plate.... other than that i like it :>
Transformers just die all over the place don't they? /D But I do like to think every continuity has something to offer. So you can pretty much pick and chose which to like i suppose~ For animated though... I still really haven't gotten pasted Optimus' face :/ I'm just so used to him wearing a face-plate.... other than that i like it :>
ywCJX34.png
@HolrinnLair

The uber-chins don't help XD
@HolrinnLair

The uber-chins don't help XD
naturebanner.png
@Nohemi

To be honest, I've never watched TFA past the japanese intro. but I'm sure I'd like it since I have a bought a figure or two.
@Nohemi

To be honest, I've never watched TFA past the japanese intro. but I'm sure I'd like it since I have a bought a figure or two.
I was browsing channels on the TV until I saw these giant alien robots fighting and I was like WHOA

Soundwave hehehe

Decepticons are way cooler *evil laugh*

transformers prime

Transformers Age of Extinction was okay I guess

All my friend ask me why can't I stop obsessing over it
I was browsing channels on the TV until I saw these giant alien robots fighting and I was like WHOA

Soundwave hehehe

Decepticons are way cooler *evil laugh*

transformers prime

Transformers Age of Extinction was okay I guess

All my friend ask me why can't I stop obsessing over it
rm75Mos.pngLnJHI9M.pngc0Toaoa.png
Prime was darker in look than TFA, but TFA honestly felt like a darker series content-wise. Heck, some of the really dark stuff in Prime, like Arcee's PTSD flashbacks, was even just slightly modified from stuff in TFA. And it pulls its punches. Prime really pulled its punches. I wanted to like it so bad but it felt like a show that was puffing itself up going LOOK HOW SERIOUS I AM and then...really not delivering.
Whereas TFA just kind of skipped merrily along, turned around stabbed you in the gut, and kept on skipping while you bled out behind it going 'HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???'. I think series darkness is about a lot more than just killing characters off every so often and throwing in a swear and checking them off on a list. Though TFA's may work so much better in part just because it isn't constantly hitting you in the face with a baseball bat yelling LOOK HOW DARK AND SERIOUS I AM GUYS. Part of Prime's problem was just not living up to it's own hype. Letdown is a killer.

And then there's the comics.
Prime was darker in look than TFA, but TFA honestly felt like a darker series content-wise. Heck, some of the really dark stuff in Prime, like Arcee's PTSD flashbacks, was even just slightly modified from stuff in TFA. And it pulls its punches. Prime really pulled its punches. I wanted to like it so bad but it felt like a show that was puffing itself up going LOOK HOW SERIOUS I AM and then...really not delivering.
Whereas TFA just kind of skipped merrily along, turned around stabbed you in the gut, and kept on skipping while you bled out behind it going 'HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???'. I think series darkness is about a lot more than just killing characters off every so often and throwing in a swear and checking them off on a list. Though TFA's may work so much better in part just because it isn't constantly hitting you in the face with a baseball bat yelling LOOK HOW DARK AND SERIOUS I AM GUYS. Part of Prime's problem was just not living up to it's own hype. Letdown is a killer.

And then there's the comics.
Tn4TEAZ.png
More tired of my treatment team than the cancer at this point
I'm a huuuge transformers fan. I got into it back in '07 when I watched the first movie, plus Transformers Animated aired on Cartoon network back then, too.
My favorite series thus far is probably Prime, because heck yeah TFP was awesome, and still is. Though I really do want to read More Than Meets The Eye because it just looks awesome, and from what I've seen the art style is great, too.
I really like Transformers Prime Arcee, Transformers Animated Prowl, and Transformers Prime and G1 Starscream. I can't pick one fav character, you know? There's a lot of great ones in TF.
I haven't really seen the new movie yet, but my brother says it's not all that great. Grimlock still looks cool, though!
I do know a couple of TF fans on tumblr that I used to be close to, but after prime we just kinda stopped talking. Ah, well, though. Still cool to meet tf fans on Flight Rising!
I'm a huuuge transformers fan. I got into it back in '07 when I watched the first movie, plus Transformers Animated aired on Cartoon network back then, too.
My favorite series thus far is probably Prime, because heck yeah TFP was awesome, and still is. Though I really do want to read More Than Meets The Eye because it just looks awesome, and from what I've seen the art style is great, too.
I really like Transformers Prime Arcee, Transformers Animated Prowl, and Transformers Prime and G1 Starscream. I can't pick one fav character, you know? There's a lot of great ones in TF.
I haven't really seen the new movie yet, but my brother says it's not all that great. Grimlock still looks cool, though!
I do know a couple of TF fans on tumblr that I used to be close to, but after prime we just kinda stopped talking. Ah, well, though. Still cool to meet tf fans on Flight Rising!
0DS7tuj.png
All this talk of TFA! I'm gonna have to rewatch it soon! I've been meaning to, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

It's funny, too, because I've been seeing a lot of TFA posts recently on my tumblr dash.

Also, anybody heard of the new series that's coming out? I heard its going to be aimed at the same demographic as TFA.. just a bit younger probably. Not as serious as TFP, but with sorta the same elements of TFP and TFA.

Idk. I'm a geek. I like anything transformers related! All of it!
All this talk of TFA! I'm gonna have to rewatch it soon! I've been meaning to, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

It's funny, too, because I've been seeing a lot of TFA posts recently on my tumblr dash.

Also, anybody heard of the new series that's coming out? I heard its going to be aimed at the same demographic as TFA.. just a bit younger probably. Not as serious as TFP, but with sorta the same elements of TFP and TFA.

Idk. I'm a geek. I like anything transformers related! All of it!
tumblr_n8947cX10P1su71njo7_250.gif
@Nohemi yeah i heard about the new tv series coming out. For some reason they named it Robots in disguise... That's fine and dandy, but there's already a comic of the same name and even an older cartoon series as well. /D Silly Hasbro~

But yeah, still excited for it to come out! I'm also dying of curiosity about one of the new characters named Fixit(?) I think that's his name, could be wrong.
@Nohemi yeah i heard about the new tv series coming out. For some reason they named it Robots in disguise... That's fine and dandy, but there's already a comic of the same name and even an older cartoon series as well. /D Silly Hasbro~

But yeah, still excited for it to come out! I'm also dying of curiosity about one of the new characters named Fixit(?) I think that's his name, could be wrong.
ywCJX34.png
- I had transformers in my life for a while(For Example, Beast Wars when I was young) but I never got in it until an artist who I admire a lot(but I can't seem to find anymorw v -v) started drawing fanart of Transformers Prime and that show got me into watching transformers :)

- *hugs her FoC Grimlock action figure* He's my favorite bab

-I love the Decepticon (even if a Dinobot is my fav)

-There's a big tie between TFP and TFA in beingy favorite show ; u;

-I didn't saw the movie yet but planning soon because Grimlock and Dinobots * A*

-I don't really have close friends that are very big transformers IRL and very few in the internet(one in here) because I am a very shy person ;; u;;

I accept friend request from this thread in open arms :D
- I had transformers in my life for a while(For Example, Beast Wars when I was young) but I never got in it until an artist who I admire a lot(but I can't seem to find anymorw v -v) started drawing fanart of Transformers Prime and that show got me into watching transformers :)

- *hugs her FoC Grimlock action figure* He's my favorite bab

-I love the Decepticon (even if a Dinobot is my fav)

-There's a big tie between TFP and TFA in beingy favorite show ; u;

-I didn't saw the movie yet but planning soon because Grimlock and Dinobots * A*

-I don't really have close friends that are very big transformers IRL and very few in the internet(one in here) because I am a very shy person ;; u;;

I accept friend request from this thread in open arms :D
@Delphi

I think you summed up all my problems with it perfectly.

TFA feels like it sucker punched hard when it DID do something dark, it also dealt with some comparatively weighty issues for a kids show (I'm thinking specifically about Yoketron's episode).

It also had the least annoying human characters.

That and it amuses me that Sue Blu seems to have looked back over every VA she's known and brought Gossard and Higgins back together again (Someone will get that reference!).

@Nohemi

It's probably on Tumblr a lot because it just got it's S3 DVD release. Finally!
@Delphi

I think you summed up all my problems with it perfectly.

TFA feels like it sucker punched hard when it DID do something dark, it also dealt with some comparatively weighty issues for a kids show (I'm thinking specifically about Yoketron's episode).

It also had the least annoying human characters.

That and it amuses me that Sue Blu seems to have looked back over every VA she's known and brought Gossard and Higgins back together again (Someone will get that reference!).

@Nohemi

It's probably on Tumblr a lot because it just got it's S3 DVD release. Finally!
Yt4sddf.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 31 32