Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Familiar Bonding - Rewards and FAQ
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Super useful! Was wondering what the levels were and how long they took. Thanks!
Super useful! Was wondering what the levels were and how long they took. Thanks!
dXizOVT.gif
deviantART
♦ +3 FR Time ♦
♦ Born-Again Christian ♦
♥ ♥ Wishlist ♥ ♥
♦ ♦ For Sale ♦ ♦
Free Dragons
Free lv27 Cauldron
Animated Icons
Art Trades
NatakiroFR.gif      tumblr_inline_nt4mfidcqY1qkfp12_500.gif
     Ping, please!
@Hydrargyrum80

I was wondering is there a way to have familiars as your avatsr or is that just for staff members only?
@Hydrargyrum80

I was wondering is there a way to have familiars as your avatsr or is that just for staff members only?
HLHUpXs.png
@Gummysharkcircus

Having a familiar as an avatar seems to be strictly reserved to staff and moderators.
@Gummysharkcircus

Having a familiar as an avatar seems to be strictly reserved to staff and moderators.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
So, just checking, after awakened, there level wont get any higher? Or is there a level over awakened?
So, just checking, after awakened, there level wont get any higher? Or is there a level over awakened?
I have another question - is there a higher chance of obtaining a familiar from coliseum drops if one does it at night or by day, or with certain moves or flight types?
I have another question - is there a higher chance of obtaining a familiar from coliseum drops if one does it at night or by day, or with certain moves or flight types?
@Icewinglight

Only just saw your questions---sorry!

Awakened familiars: Correct. There is no level after this. They'll just keep on giving you 50 Treasure per day for years. (Ok, so I've probably missed a cumulative 8--10 months worth of familiar bonding, but I have continued to bond with my first Awakened familiar ever since it got there on 18 October, 2013. 50T/day and nothing else.) There's probably an official answer confirming this somewhere, but I can't find it just now.

Coli drops: honestly, I don't know that anyone's made a study of this. The closest I'm aware of would be this thread, active autumn--winter of 2013--2014, and even that was just trying to gather data on how often familiars dropped at all, without looking at circumstances. I've actually recently started trying to resume that project, but again, I'm just looking at the event of the drop itself (which is rare enough).

I have always head-cannoned that the reason familiar drops happen was because the creature in question was so impressed by my dragons' fighting prowess that it decided to come hang out with them. As a player, however, and on a purely subjective, unquantified level, I am definitely willing to vouch that this is not how the familiar drop mechanic actually works.
@Icewinglight

Only just saw your questions---sorry!

Awakened familiars: Correct. There is no level after this. They'll just keep on giving you 50 Treasure per day for years. (Ok, so I've probably missed a cumulative 8--10 months worth of familiar bonding, but I have continued to bond with my first Awakened familiar ever since it got there on 18 October, 2013. 50T/day and nothing else.) There's probably an official answer confirming this somewhere, but I can't find it just now.

Coli drops: honestly, I don't know that anyone's made a study of this. The closest I'm aware of would be this thread, active autumn--winter of 2013--2014, and even that was just trying to gather data on how often familiars dropped at all, without looking at circumstances. I've actually recently started trying to resume that project, but again, I'm just looking at the event of the drop itself (which is rare enough).

I have always head-cannoned that the reason familiar drops happen was because the creature in question was so impressed by my dragons' fighting prowess that it decided to come hang out with them. As a player, however, and on a purely subjective, unquantified level, I am definitely willing to vouch that this is not how the familiar drop mechanic actually works.
thats quite alright @hydrargyrum80 !!

the thread was pretty useful too. also, is it just my luck or what, cause i have been fighting ni the lvl 1-3 coli for at least an hour (and they r one hit kills, so it doesnt take too long for each battle) and have gotten NOT ONE WEBWING. i have don this CONSECUTIVELY FOR 3 DAYS. is it just my luck?
thats quite alright @hydrargyrum80 !!

the thread was pretty useful too. also, is it just my luck or what, cause i have been fighting ni the lvl 1-3 coli for at least an hour (and they r one hit kills, so it doesnt take too long for each battle) and have gotten NOT ONE WEBWING. i have don this CONSECUTIVELY FOR 3 DAYS. is it just my luck?
@Icewinglight

I seem to recall the Emerald Webwing familiar drops are kind of rare (or at least feel like it). Admittedly, I don't visit the Training Fields much these days, but I can tell you that since January, I have fought 76 Ruby Webwings and 93 Emerald Webwings (the product of maybe 4--5 hours?), and only got 2 Ruby familiars (and only 2 others familiars). So, probably kind of standard luck?

Of course, if you're just not even meeting Webwings, that is some very weird luck. Me, I don't see Bumbles much, but I see them more than that. Either way, hope your luck turns!
@Icewinglight

I seem to recall the Emerald Webwing familiar drops are kind of rare (or at least feel like it). Admittedly, I don't visit the Training Fields much these days, but I can tell you that since January, I have fought 76 Ruby Webwings and 93 Emerald Webwings (the product of maybe 4--5 hours?), and only got 2 Ruby familiars (and only 2 others familiars). So, probably kind of standard luck?

Of course, if you're just not even meeting Webwings, that is some very weird luck. Me, I don't see Bumbles much, but I see them more than that. Either way, hope your luck turns!
thanks! but yes, im encountering webwings like half the time and there is no familiar drops and im just like srsly?!
thanks! but yes, im encountering webwings like half the time and there is no familiar drops and im just like srsly?!
@hydragyrum80
If you buy a familiar that has been bonded several times, does though current bonding level of the familiar stay wth it?
@hydragyrum80
If you buy a familiar that has been bonded several times, does though current bonding level of the familiar stay wth it?
tumblr_ocu0yt1HI61tx7oqgo1_500.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11