Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Familiar Bonding - Rewards and FAQ
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@Kyrtian

Short answer: I wouldn't worry about it. Do, of course, be sure you steer clear of Snaplinks and other scripts or extensions, as they are against the Terms of Use, but just opening a row or even a page worth of dragons in tabs to bond with them should be fine.

Longer answer:

I've done a little bit of research, and I found speculation of that being an issue back in mid-February of this year when there were a number of suspensions. However, I found this post from admin Aequorin (top of the page), and the upshot is that we don't seem to have a clear idea why those users got suspended. According to another thread (second post down), that particular issue was also cleared up back in February.

I did try that method of bonding when I first joined (a month or two after FR was launched), but whether it was my 3-year-old computer or the site's sever laggy-ness at the time, it only slowed me down further, and I've never repeated it, even as the site has been improved (I just use the next button that appears when you hover over the dragon image on the dragon page). Other people seem to do it without a problem. I can attest that I have gone through Dragon Search and opened enough tabs from there to bog my computer massively, and I have never received a suspension.

I realize a lot of this answer kind of boils down to: there isn't really an answer, just cross your fingers and hope for not-the-worst. Still, I hope it helps somewhat.
@Kyrtian

Short answer: I wouldn't worry about it. Do, of course, be sure you steer clear of Snaplinks and other scripts or extensions, as they are against the Terms of Use, but just opening a row or even a page worth of dragons in tabs to bond with them should be fine.

Longer answer:

I've done a little bit of research, and I found speculation of that being an issue back in mid-February of this year when there were a number of suspensions. However, I found this post from admin Aequorin (top of the page), and the upshot is that we don't seem to have a clear idea why those users got suspended. According to another thread (second post down), that particular issue was also cleared up back in February.

I did try that method of bonding when I first joined (a month or two after FR was launched), but whether it was my 3-year-old computer or the site's sever laggy-ness at the time, it only slowed me down further, and I've never repeated it, even as the site has been improved (I just use the next button that appears when you hover over the dragon image on the dragon page). Other people seem to do it without a problem. I can attest that I have gone through Dragon Search and opened enough tabs from there to bog my computer massively, and I have never received a suspension.

I realize a lot of this answer kind of boils down to: there isn't really an answer, just cross your fingers and hope for not-the-worst. Still, I hope it helps somewhat.
dragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@hydrargyrum80

That definitely helps to clear things up even if there's no true answer. The "Please play as you normally would. " sounds like the admins at least don't think things like that should be an issue. I'll also read through that thread. Thanks for the explanation!
@hydrargyrum80

That definitely helps to clear things up even if there's no true answer. The "Please play as you normally would. " sounds like the admins at least don't think things like that should be an issue. I'll also read through that thread. Thanks for the explanation!
kiroshen.png He/his/him. FR time +1. 332paxj.jpg
@hydrargyrum80

Just found this by accident. Great guide, thank you for doing this. :)
@hydrargyrum80

Just found this by accident. Great guide, thank you for doing this. :)
@BunnySox

Thanks! I'm glad you find it helpful.
@BunnySox

Thanks! I'm glad you find it helpful.
It's really helpful @hydrargyrum80 ^^

But I've a little problem : I don't have the option to right-click on the bonding bar, no matter if I use Chrome or Firefox.
Is it normal ?
It's really helpful @hydrargyrum80 ^^

But I've a little problem : I don't have the option to right-click on the bonding bar, no matter if I use Chrome or Firefox.
Is it normal ?
@Edra

Do you know how to do some equivalent of right-clicking on whatever computer-device you are using (that is, do some form of clicking that pulls up a list of options for how to interact with whatever you just clicked on)?

If so, do be aware that the bonding status bar is not a link, only an image---you just have hover your cursor over that image and do whatever action your computer recognizes as right-clicking.

If you don't know how to right-click on whatever computer you're using, I would start by Googling `how to right click on a [whatever]'. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that if you are on a Mac with only one mouse- or trackpad- button, you can right-click by holding the `Control' key and clicking. I do not know how any of the tablets or smart phones would handle that (although a brief visit to Google suggests tapping and holding might work on at least some touch-screen devices).
@Edra

Do you know how to do some equivalent of right-clicking on whatever computer-device you are using (that is, do some form of clicking that pulls up a list of options for how to interact with whatever you just clicked on)?

If so, do be aware that the bonding status bar is not a link, only an image---you just have hover your cursor over that image and do whatever action your computer recognizes as right-clicking.

If you don't know how to right-click on whatever computer you're using, I would start by Googling `how to right click on a [whatever]'. Off the top of my head, I can tell you that if you are on a Mac with only one mouse- or trackpad- button, you can right-click by holding the `Control' key and clicking. I do not know how any of the tablets or smart phones would handle that (although a brief visit to Google suggests tapping and holding might work on at least some touch-screen devices).
I see @hydrargyrum80... Well, I'm on a PC laptop and I know how to do a right-click and I use a mouse... And when I right-click on the picture I have nothing looking like an option for copying the url... It's strange...
I see @hydrargyrum80... Well, I'm on a PC laptop and I know how to do a right-click and I use a mouse... And when I right-click on the picture I have nothing looking like an option for copying the url... It's strange...
@hydrargyrum80
I think I've seen that throwing familiars in your vault greys them out but mine seem to still be there?
@hydrargyrum80
I think I've seen that throwing familiars in your vault greys them out but mine seem to still be there?
Very good faq!
Very good faq!
My OC's Name is
Wake.
My username is in honor of the
Shadowmother!
52618549414_7004ff814f_w.jpg
@hydrargyrum80

The same issue is happening to me when it comes to the status bar. When I right click (and I DO know how to right click), there is no option to copy the image url. There are the image options when I right click on the bonding button, but not for the status bar.

Maybe they've changed the coding since 2013?

That said, it's a great guide and faq. It's exactly what I was looking for since I didn't know how many bonding levels there are.
Just kind of a bummer that I can't do the image url trick. I assure you it's a technical issue and not an issue of incompetence.
@hydrargyrum80

The same issue is happening to me when it comes to the status bar. When I right click (and I DO know how to right click), there is no option to copy the image url. There are the image options when I right click on the bonding button, but not for the status bar.

Maybe they've changed the coding since 2013?

That said, it's a great guide and faq. It's exactly what I was looking for since I didn't know how many bonding levels there are.
Just kind of a bummer that I can't do the image url trick. I assure you it's a technical issue and not an issue of incompetence.
scout_sm_by_xnedra22-d8kgenm.png aries_by_xnedra22-d9o6vxc.png tX7E8e6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11