Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [guide] Coliseum Element Odds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51
Bump for the holiday. Forgotten cave appears to be the best overall, with woodland path/scorched forest/boreal wood being other nice options.
Bump for the holiday. Forgotten cave appears to be the best overall, with woodland path/scorched forest/boreal wood being other nice options.
@Blix
The way these charts are devised is that I make a list of every pull in an area I see. Clicking on the images will bring up the tumblr where I keep that info if you'd like to see.

What I do is count how many pulls have Any of a given element in them. For example in Training Woods there are
4 packs that have at least one neutral mob in them...
4 with earth
5 with wind
3 with lightning
4 with ice
4 with arcane
4 with nature
0 for plague, water, shadow, light, fire.

Then I divide that by the amount of packs I've counted so for Training Fields 20 different packs. And those are the percents I present. The reason it adds up to over 100% is because most packs are more than one mob.

The one caveat is that I assume all packs have an equal chance of appearing at any given time. I can not be sure that is a fact at this point in time.
@Blix
The way these charts are devised is that I make a list of every pull in an area I see. Clicking on the images will bring up the tumblr where I keep that info if you'd like to see.

What I do is count how many pulls have Any of a given element in them. For example in Training Woods there are
4 packs that have at least one neutral mob in them...
4 with earth
5 with wind
3 with lightning
4 with ice
4 with arcane
4 with nature
0 for plague, water, shadow, light, fire.

Then I divide that by the amount of packs I've counted so for Training Fields 20 different packs. And those are the percents I present. The reason it adds up to over 100% is because most packs are more than one mob.

The one caveat is that I assume all packs have an equal chance of appearing at any given time. I can not be sure that is a fact at this point in time.
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
@Georgieanna - The Mire is out, and so far I've encountered these packs:

2 monsters

Brilliant Psywurm (Light) x2
Common Podid x2 (Lightning)
Common Podid (Lightning), Southmarsh Podid (Water)
Poisonous Toridae x2 (Earth)
Psywurm x2 (Arcane)
Sickle Kamaitachi (Fire), Salve Kamaitachi (Wind)
Southmarsh Podid x2 (Water)
Venomous Toridae x2 (Nature)
Venomous Toridae (Nature), Poisonous Toridae (Earth)
Venomous Toridae (Nature), Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague)

3 monsters

Brilliant Psywurm (Light), Common Podid (Lightning), Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague)
Common Podid x2 (Lightning), Southmarsh Podid (Water)
Heartred Croaker (Plague) x2, Blackwing Croaker (Shadow)
Psywurm x2 (Arcane), Brilliant Psywurm (Light)
Psywurm x2 (Arcane), Salve Kamaitachi
Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague), Poisonous Toridae (Earth), Southmarsh Podid (Water)
Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague), Sickle Kamaitachi (Fire), Salve Kamaitachi(Wind)
Sickle Kamaitachi x2 (Fire), Poisonous Toridae (Earth)
Southmarsh Podid x2 (Water), Brilliant Psywurm (Light)
Venomous Toridae (Nature) x2, Common Podid (Lightning)

4 monsters

Salve Kamaitachi (Wind), Poisonous Toridae (Earth), Venomous Toridae x2 (Nature)
@Georgieanna - The Mire is out, and so far I've encountered these packs:

2 monsters

Common Podid x2 (Lightning)
Common Podid (Lightning), Southmarsh Podid (Water)
Poisonous Toridae x2 (Earth)
Psywurm x2 (Arcane)
Sickle Kamaitachi (Fire), Salve Kamaitachi (Wind)
Southmarsh Podid x2 (Water)
Venomous Toridae x2 (Nature)
Venomous Toridae (Nature), Poisonous Toridae (Earth)
Venomous Toridae (Nature), Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague)

3 monsters

Brilliant Psywurm (Light), Common Podid (Lightning), Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague)
Common Podid x2 (Lightning), Southmarsh Podid (Water)
Heartred Croaker (Plague) x2, Blackwing Croaker (Shadow)
Psywurm x2 (Arcane), Brilliant Psywurm (Light)
Psywurm x2 (Arcane), Salve Kamaitachi
Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague), Poisonous Toridae (Earth), Southmarsh Podid (Water)
Scythe Kamaitachi (Plague), Sickle Kamaitachi (Fire), Salve Kamaitachi(Wind)
Sickle Kamaitachi x2 (Fire), Poisonous Toridae (Earth)
Southmarsh Podid x2 (Water), Brilliant Psywurm (Light)
Venomous Toridae (Nature) x2, Common Podid (Lightning)

4 monsters

Salve Kamaitachi (Wind), Poisonous Toridae (Earth), Venomous Toridae x2 (Nature)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr
Ooo nice start. I can see you're actively updating as well, was just thinking I should collect some data on that myself, hope my dragons are up to it. Hrm I may have to finally be unstubborn and list some/most of my battlestones on the AH to allow me to add more talents to them. Been running around in Harpy's Roost with lvl 19 talents on lvl 22 dragons, but this might be more than they can handle without more points. Letsee magic battle item number is 48ish

Sofar the first pack I met was a
Poisonous Toridae x2, Venomous Toridae
@Sylvandyr
Ooo nice start. I can see you're actively updating as well, was just thinking I should collect some data on that myself, hope my dragons are up to it. Hrm I may have to finally be unstubborn and list some/most of my battlestones on the AH to allow me to add more talents to them. Been running around in Harpy's Roost with lvl 19 talents on lvl 22 dragons, but this might be more than they can handle without more points. Letsee magic battle item number is 48ish

Sofar the first pack I met was a
Poisonous Toridae x2, Venomous Toridae
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
@Georgieanna - Yeah, funny how the unique pack search works out. I've gone through a full level of constantly grinding in The Mire, and I only very recently found that Poisonous Toridae x2, Venomous Toridae pack that you mentioned.

Since there are so many possible packs, it's not very likely to find all the unique packs, not even with 100 battles! This makes collecting data on weighted occurrences pretty ridiculous (even 1000 tests wouldn't be conclusive). I tried doing it in the past but have since given up.

Also, how would you like me to keep you updated on new packs that I've found? Should I keep editing the post above or have you processed it already?

Found another pack, will add it to the previous post as well:

[EDIT]: One very confusing thing is that the names for the monsters and the familiars are flip flopped =/ For the familiars, the red one is venomous and the blue one is poisonous, but for the monsters, the red one is poisonous and the blue one is venomous. ARGH MY HEAD.
@Georgieanna - Yeah, funny how the unique pack search works out. I've gone through a full level of constantly grinding in The Mire, and I only very recently found that Poisonous Toridae x2, Venomous Toridae pack that you mentioned.

Since there are so many possible packs, it's not very likely to find all the unique packs, not even with 100 battles! This makes collecting data on weighted occurrences pretty ridiculous (even 1000 tests wouldn't be conclusive). I tried doing it in the past but have since given up.

Also, how would you like me to keep you updated on new packs that I've found? Should I keep editing the post above or have you processed it already?

Found another pack, will add it to the previous post as well:

[EDIT]: One very confusing thing is that the names for the monsters and the familiars are flip flopped =/ For the familiars, the red one is venomous and the blue one is poisonous, but for the monsters, the red one is poisonous and the blue one is venomous. ARGH MY HEAD.
@Sylvandyr
So far the updating the one post works as long as I check the last edited timestamp..and remember what was the last I saw I presume. Since you divy them by body counts it makes it pretty easy to find which column you've added anything to by counting. We each probably have our own note taking system, but your labeling system is nice and clear so I can check them against my list pretty fast.

And yea the random factor makes it hard to be certain when you might have or might not have seen all the packs, they don't seem to keep to a solid number of packs per area or even divisible number of packs [like multuples of 5] so that makes it a little more uncertain. And at times they've added packs to areas so that throws some wrench into the works. But as long as we know the possible inaccuracy exists then we don't have to fret about it too much. Of course as far as any OCD completionism desires, yeah we're doomed.

Hmm the names are flipped? That would seem more a bug than a misnaming, but the question is which is mislabeled, letsee Venomous is the nature one, and poisonous is the earth one in the coli. Actually what I really am curious of, is if you kill a pack with only one type and get the pet to drop, which one will you get, I'm going to guess offhand that it's just a swapped art asset and the name is the one to go by. If so it won't affect the data collection unless they swap the names in the coli.
@Sylvandyr
So far the updating the one post works as long as I check the last edited timestamp..and remember what was the last I saw I presume. Since you divy them by body counts it makes it pretty easy to find which column you've added anything to by counting. We each probably have our own note taking system, but your labeling system is nice and clear so I can check them against my list pretty fast.

And yea the random factor makes it hard to be certain when you might have or might not have seen all the packs, they don't seem to keep to a solid number of packs per area or even divisible number of packs [like multuples of 5] so that makes it a little more uncertain. And at times they've added packs to areas so that throws some wrench into the works. But as long as we know the possible inaccuracy exists then we don't have to fret about it too much. Of course as far as any OCD completionism desires, yeah we're doomed.

Hmm the names are flipped? That would seem more a bug than a misnaming, but the question is which is mislabeled, letsee Venomous is the nature one, and poisonous is the earth one in the coli. Actually what I really am curious of, is if you kill a pack with only one type and get the pet to drop, which one will you get, I'm going to guess offhand that it's just a swapped art asset and the name is the one to go by. If so it won't affect the data collection unless they swap the names in the coli.
@Georgieanna - I just got a Poisonous Toridae familiar (the blue one) from the red Earth Poisonous Toridae monster. I think that they manually create the loot lists, so they link whatever familiars they want to whichever monster. That's why there are some name discrepancies (Fallout Streak vs. Fallen Streak, Fuiran vs. Furian, etc.) In this case, they got the two names to match up, but they mixed up the familiars.

It's all manual and the names are similar so they probably just made a very human flip-flop when they created the monsters :P The loot was assigned "correctly", but since they got the names reversed, the familiar appearances do not match up with the monsters'.

They've changed names of monsters and familiars before (Carmine/Opheodrys Naga vs. Serthis) so hopefully they change this one.
@Georgieanna - I just got a Poisonous Toridae familiar (the blue one) from the red Earth Poisonous Toridae monster. I think that they manually create the loot lists, so they link whatever familiars they want to whichever monster. That's why there are some name discrepancies (Fallout Streak vs. Fallen Streak, Fuiran vs. Furian, etc.) In this case, they got the two names to match up, but they mixed up the familiars.

It's all manual and the names are similar so they probably just made a very human flip-flop when they created the monsters :P The loot was assigned "correctly", but since they got the names reversed, the familiar appearances do not match up with the monsters'.

They've changed names of monsters and familiars before (Carmine/Opheodrys Naga vs. Serthis) so hopefully they change this one.
@Sylvandyr
Data points!! In this case I suspect it's an issue of the wrong image file being applied to the coli monster, but cannot prove that. I expect it may get fixed but it's just making sure they know. Someone was commenting on this in the bug forum so I polled them for more info and pinged Undel.

Well if they do rename them it should be easy to tell and amend in our data listings.
@Sylvandyr
Data points!! In this case I suspect it's an issue of the wrong image file being applied to the coli monster, but cannot prove that. I expect it may get fixed but it's just making sure they know. Someone was commenting on this in the bug forum so I polled them for more info and pinged Undel.

Well if they do rename them it should be easy to tell and amend in our data listings.
@Georgieanna - I don't think it's just the wrong image file because the element matches the color (Earth red, Nature blue). I think that whenever they made the new monster, they mixed up the names, and as a result, other stuff got thrown off too. The least messy way to fix it is to do the following:

Swap the names and loot tables, leaving the pack occurrence, elements, stats, images, etc. intact. I think this would be the better option since they very likely had one monster in mind but messed up the names.

Anyways, I just hope they do it. With typos like Fuiran vs. Furian, it's pretty easy to ignore the difference, but the element/color association with the name being mixed up is very confusing.
@Georgieanna - I don't think it's just the wrong image file because the element matches the color (Earth red, Nature blue). I think that whenever they made the new monster, they mixed up the names, and as a result, other stuff got thrown off too. The least messy way to fix it is to do the following:

Swap the names and loot tables, leaving the pack occurrence, elements, stats, images, etc. intact. I think this would be the better option since they very likely had one monster in mind but messed up the names.

Anyways, I just hope they do it. With typos like Fuiran vs. Furian, it's pretty easy to ignore the difference, but the element/color association with the name being mixed up is very confusing.
@Sylvandyr
Just to keep updating on the pull counts.
Sofar the count is up to 22 unique pulls.
Found a Psywurm x2 and Salve Kamaitachi pack. Which almost begs the question of if there is a Psywurm x2 + Sickle Kama pack to make a full trio of that type of pull. Anyway we can keep checking for new pulls as we go along, but we have a pretty strong majority of them by now at least.

Interestingly the two highest zones, Harpy's Roost and Mire, have no neutral mobs at all. I wonder if that will hold true going forward that harder zones will lack neutrals.
@Sylvandyr
Just to keep updating on the pull counts.
Sofar the count is up to 22 unique pulls.
Found a Psywurm x2 and Salve Kamaitachi pack. Which almost begs the question of if there is a Psywurm x2 + Sickle Kama pack to make a full trio of that type of pull. Anyway we can keep checking for new pulls as we go along, but we have a pretty strong majority of them by now at least.

Interestingly the two highest zones, Harpy's Roost and Mire, have no neutral mobs at all. I wonder if that will hold true going forward that harder zones will lack neutrals.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50 51