Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | GaolGrrls Guide to Fast Food Farming
1 2
[left][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63066606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/630667/63066606_350.png[/img][/url][/left] "Right folks, here's the fast food facts. Meat - most reliable grind is Woodland Path, steadiest training venue is Harpy's Roost Plants - most reliable grind is Bamboo Falls, steadiest training venue is the Mire Seafood - most reliable grinds are Redrock Cove & the Arena, steadiest training venue is the Forbidden Portal if you survive. And Insects suck least in the Boreal Woods." [right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63063261][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/630633/63063261_350.png[/img][/url][/right] [indent]"Moon, that is no way to talk to people. They need some idea of what we're trying to do here and where we came up with this stuff."[/indent] "Well, Day, all the people I was talking to have already headed to the Coli with the basic information, so you go right ahead and fill in the rest of these folks." [indent]"I'm trying to! Hey, there, we like to think of ourselves as the warrior elite of our clan, but the fact is a lot of what we do is straight up grinding for groceries. And since the fae of our clan outnumber the rest of us dergs about ten to one, we better know where we can go and count on bringing home the bugs. And by [i]count on[/i], I mean where they are [i]Common[/i] with a capital C."[/indent] "You gonna talk about the Great Delicate Bat Wing Fiasco?" [indent]"No, Moon, I am not going to talk about the Great Delicate Batwing Fiasco. We do not discuss the Great Delicate Batwing Fiasco. All of you just take it from me-- where the Coli is concerned, you can count on Common, and it’s best to consider anything else icing on the cake."[/indent] "We don’t eat cake. It’d have to be meat cake." [indent]"She thinks she’s funny. Anyway, what we’re talking about here is Fast Food Farming-- not all that longterm big picture overall detail stuff [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1419000]Maki’s sooooo good at[/url]-- just the down and dirty best bets for where to go grab a quick snack when you’ve got fussy eaters back home and fifteen minutes to try and do something about it. Take it, Moon!"[/indent] "So, like I already said, if you’re hoping to get a haul of meat in a short amount of time, the Woodland Path is the place to go. When the vegetarians are getting hangry, head straight for the Bamboo Falls. Seafood? Arena, or if that’s a little heavy for you, Redrock Cove. And my gal Day here is going to break you the bad news about the bugs." [indent]"Truth hurts-- there is no great place to go if you just need lots of bugs fast. You can slug it out in the Boreal Wood, but mostly we hang out at the Forbidden Cave, where the Common fare is slightly heavy on the insect platters and we can burn through the battles fast enough to have good odds of shaking down a boss bear for the high-value bugs. It’s the same story if you need a Working Lunch-- when you are looking to level up and stock up at the same time. That’s Harpy’s Roost for meat-lovers, the Mire for leafy greens, Forbidden Portal if you can hack it for the fishy fare, but nowhere you can really count on bugs."[/indent] "I know what we’re asking for next Riot of Rot-- a middle-level Plague venue crawling with disease-carrying fleas, flies, ticks, skeeters, kissing bugs, and lots and lots of maggots! The healer’s little helpers, eating away all that putrefying flesh before sepsis sets in." [indent]"Oh, please. What next, Murder Hornets?"[/indent] [size=5][center][b]FAST FOOD FARMING[/b][/center][/size] [size=3][i]Each type of food got a score from the number of Common drops of that food type in that venue, multiplied by the value of those drops. By comparing each of these to the median score, it becomes clear which types of food stand out in that venue. As an example, the Woodland Path has a Median Food Score of 10.75. At a score of 19, Common Meat is way above the Woodland Path average. At a score of 2, Common Seafood is way below the Woodland Path average. Because the next highest score comes in more than five below meat, the GaolGrrls rate the Woodland Path as a Carnivore’s Carnival.[/i][/size] [center]------------------------------------------------------ [b]Grab & Go: Levels 1 - 17[/b] ------------------------------------------------------[/center] [u]Woodland Path [/u] Median = 10.75 Common Meat 8@2pts, 1@3pts = 19 Common Seafood 1@2pts = 2 Common Insects 5@2pts = 10 Common Plants 6@2pts = 12 [color=red]CARNIVORE'S CARNIVAL[/color] [u]Scorched Forest [/u] Median = 6.5 Common Meat 4@2pts = 8 Common Seafood 3@2pts = 6 Common Insects 3@2pts = 6 Common Plants 3@2pts = 6 Cajun-blackened treats for all comers. [u]Sandswept Delta[/u] Median = 9 Common Meat 4@2pts, 1@3pts = 11 Common Seafood 2@2pts = 4 Common Insects 2@3pts, 2@2pts = 10 Common Plants 3@2pts, 1@5pts = 11 It's the desert, only Weston Price would look for seafood here anyway. [u]Blooming Grove[/u] Median = 9.75 Common Meat 3@3pts = 9 Common Seafood 3@3pts = 9 Common Insects 3@3pts = 9 Common Plants 4@3pts = 12 It's the place you take the vegetarian for their birthday 'cause they're going to have a great time there and everyone else cn count on something they can eat. [u]Forbidden Cave[/u] Median = 10.75 Common Meat 3@3pts = 9 Common Seafood 3@3pts = 9 Common Insects 1@2pts, 4@3pts = 13 Common Plants 4@3pts = 12 Technically those slug things aren't insects and the fungi growing out of them aren't plants but some food combos you don't argue with so much as back away from slowly. [u]Bamboo Falls[/u] Median = 12.75 Common Meat 1@2pts, 3@3pts = 11 Common Seafood 2@3pts = 6 Common Insects 2@3pts = 6 Common Plants 3@2pts, 4@3pts, 2@5pts = 28 [color=green]HERBIVORE"S HURRAH[/color] [u]Thunderhead Savanna[/u] Median = 9 Common Meat 4@3pts = 12 Common Seafood 2@3pts = 6 Common Insects 2@3pts = 6 Common Plants 4@3pts = 12 Your basic meat & potatoes kind of place. [u]Redrock Cove[/u] Median = 9.75 Common Meat 2@3pts = 6 Common Seafood 5@3pts = 15 Common Insects 3@3pts = 9 Common Plants 3@3pts = 9 [color=blue]PESCATARIAN PLEASER[/color] [u]Waterway[/u] Median = 15 Common Meat 6@3pts = 18 Common Seafood 5@3pts = 15 Common Insects 4@3pts = 12 Common Plants 5@3pts = 15 It's a nice buffet, little heavy on the steak, little light on the stink bugs. [u]Arena[/u] Median = 13 Common Meat 4@3pts = 12 Common Seafood 4@3pts, 2@4pts = 20 Common Insects 2@3pts, 1@4pts = 10 Common Plants 2@3pts, 1@4pts = 10 [color=blue]PESCATARIAN PLEASER[/color] [center]------------------------------------------------------ [b]Take & Bake: Levels 18 - 21[/b] ------------------------------------------------------[/center] [u]Volcanic Vents[/u] Median = 11 Common Meat 3@4pts = 12 Common Seafood 2@4pts = 8 Common Insects 4@4pts = 16 Common Plants 2@4pts = 8 Your basic meat & potato bugs kind of place. [u]Rainsong Jungle[/u] Median = 6 Common Meat 2@4pts = 8 Common Seafood 2@4pts = 8 Common Insects 0 Common Plants 2@4pts = 8 Look, pretty much the bugs here consider themselves too pretty to be eaten by just anybody. [u]Boreal Wood[/u] Median = 19.5 Common Meat 3@4pts, 1@5pts, 1@6pts = 23 Common Seafood 4@4pts = 16 Common Insects 2@3pts, 4@4pts, 1@5pts = 27 Common Plants 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 12 Perfect for the high-protein, low fiber diet. [u]Crystal Pools[/u] Median = 14 Common Meat 2@4pts = 8 Common Seafood 4@4pts = 16 Common Insects 4@4pts = 16 Common Plants 4@4pts = 16 Where the Grrls go to invite the Boss to dinner, 'cause that's pretty much all they want to eat here. [center]------------------------------------------------------------------------ [b]Working Lunches: Levels 22 - 25[/b] ------------------------------------------------------------------------[/center] [u]Harpy’s Roost[/u] Median = 14 Common Meat 3@2pts, 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 23 Common Seafood 1@4pts = 4 Common Insects 3@4pts = 12 Common Plants 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 17 [color=red]CARNIVORE’S CARNIVAL[/color] [u]Ghostlight Ruins[/u] Median = 8 Common Meat 2@4pts = 8 Common Seafood 2@4pts = 8 Common Insects 1@4pts = 4 Common Plants 3@4pts = 12 Try the salad; chocolate covered ants still out of stock. [u]The Mire[/u] Median = 13.75 Common Meat 1@4pts = 4 Common Seafood 2@4pts = 8 Common Insects 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 17 Common Plants 4@4pts, 2@5pts = 26 [color=green]HERBIVORE'S HURRAH[/color] [u]Kelp Beds[/u] Median = 10 Common Meat 1@4pts = 4 Common Seafood 3@4pts, 1@6pts = 18 Common Insects 1@4pts = 4 Common Plants 1@4pts, 2@5pts = 14 Try the smoked fish salad. [u]Golem Workshop[/u] Median = 15 Common Meat 2@4pts, 1@5pts = 13 Common Seafood 2@4pts, 2@5pts = 18 Common Insects 2@4pts, 1@5pts = 15 Common Plants 1@4pts, 2@5pts = 14 Everything's canned here anyway. [u]Forbidden Portal[/u] Median = 18.75 Common Meat 2@5pts = 10 Common Seafood 6@5 = 30 Common Insects 4@5 = 20 Common Plants 3@5 = 15 [color=blue]PESCATARIAN PLEASER[/color]
63066606_350.png

"Right folks, here's the fast food facts.
Meat - most reliable grind is Woodland Path, steadiest training venue is Harpy's Roost
Plants - most reliable grind is Bamboo Falls, steadiest training venue is the Mire
Seafood - most reliable grinds are Redrock Cove & the Arena, steadiest training venue is the Forbidden Portal if you survive.
And Insects suck least in the Boreal Woods."

63063261_350.png

"Moon, that is no way to talk to people. They need some idea of what we're trying to do here and where we came up with this stuff."

"Well, Day, all the people I was talking to have already headed to the Coli with the basic information, so you go right ahead and fill in the rest of these folks."

"I'm trying to! Hey, there, we like to think of ourselves as the warrior elite of our clan, but the fact is a lot of what we do is straight up grinding for groceries. And since the fae of our clan outnumber the rest of us dergs about ten to one, we better know where we can go and count on bringing home the bugs. And by count on, I mean where they are Common with a capital C."

"You gonna talk about the Great Delicate Bat Wing Fiasco?"

"No, Moon, I am not going to talk about the Great Delicate Batwing Fiasco. We do not discuss the Great Delicate Batwing Fiasco. All of you just take it from me-- where the Coli is concerned, you can count on Common, and it’s best to consider anything else icing on the cake."

"We don’t eat cake. It’d have to be meat cake."

"She thinks she’s funny. Anyway, what we’re talking about here is Fast Food Farming-- not all that longterm big picture overall detail stuff Maki’s sooooo good at-- just the down and dirty best bets for where to go grab a quick snack when you’ve got fussy eaters back home and fifteen minutes to try and do something about it. Take it, Moon!"

"So, like I already said, if you’re hoping to get a haul of meat in a short amount of time, the Woodland Path is the place to go. When the vegetarians are getting hangry, head straight for the Bamboo Falls. Seafood? Arena, or if that’s a little heavy for you, Redrock Cove. And my gal Day here is going to break you the bad news about the bugs."

"Truth hurts-- there is no great place to go if you just need lots of bugs fast. You can slug it out in the Boreal Wood, but mostly we hang out at the Forbidden Cave, where the Common fare is slightly heavy on the insect platters and we can burn through the battles fast enough to have good odds of shaking down a boss bear for the high-value bugs. It’s the same story if you need a Working Lunch-- when you are looking to level up and stock up at the same time. That’s Harpy’s Roost for meat-lovers, the Mire for leafy greens, Forbidden Portal if you can hack it for the fishy fare, but nowhere you can really count on bugs."

"I know what we’re asking for next Riot of Rot-- a middle-level Plague venue crawling with disease-carrying fleas, flies, ticks, skeeters, kissing bugs, and lots and lots of maggots! The healer’s little helpers, eating away all that putrefying flesh before sepsis sets in."

"Oh, please. What next, Murder Hornets?"

FAST FOOD FARMING

Each type of food got a score from the number of Common drops of that food type in that venue, multiplied by the value of those drops. By comparing each of these to the median score, it becomes clear which types of food stand out in that venue. As an example, the Woodland Path has a Median Food Score of 10.75. At a score of 19, Common Meat is way above the Woodland Path average. At a score of 2, Common Seafood is way below the Woodland Path average. Because the next highest score comes in more than five below meat, the GaolGrrls rate the Woodland Path as a Carnivore’s Carnival.

Grab & Go: Levels 1 - 17

Woodland Path
Median = 10.75
Common Meat 8@2pts, 1@3pts = 19
Common Seafood 1@2pts = 2
Common Insects 5@2pts = 10
Common Plants 6@2pts = 12
CARNIVORE'S CARNIVAL

Scorched Forest
Median = 6.5
Common Meat 4@2pts = 8
Common Seafood 3@2pts = 6
Common Insects 3@2pts = 6
Common Plants 3@2pts = 6
Cajun-blackened treats for all comers.

Sandswept Delta
Median = 9
Common Meat 4@2pts, 1@3pts = 11
Common Seafood 2@2pts = 4
Common Insects 2@3pts, 2@2pts = 10
Common Plants 3@2pts, 1@5pts = 11
It's the desert, only Weston Price would look for seafood here anyway.

Blooming Grove
Median = 9.75
Common Meat 3@3pts = 9
Common Seafood 3@3pts = 9
Common Insects 3@3pts = 9
Common Plants 4@3pts = 12
It's the place you take the vegetarian for their birthday 'cause they're going to have a great time there and everyone else cn count on something they can eat.

Forbidden Cave
Median = 10.75
Common Meat 3@3pts = 9
Common Seafood 3@3pts = 9
Common Insects 1@2pts, 4@3pts = 13
Technically those slug things aren't insects and the fungi growing out of them aren't plants but some food combos you don't argue with so much as back away from slowly.

Bamboo Falls
Median = 12.75
Common Meat 1@2pts, 3@3pts = 11
Common Seafood 2@3pts = 6
Common Insects 2@3pts = 6
Common Plants 3@2pts, 4@3pts, 2@5pts = 28
HERBIVORE"S HURRAH

Thunderhead Savanna
Median = 9
Common Meat 4@3pts = 12
Common Seafood 2@3pts = 6
Common Insects 2@3pts = 6
Your basic meat & potatoes kind of place.

Redrock Cove
Median = 9.75
Common Meat 2@3pts = 6
Common Seafood 5@3pts = 15
Common Insects 3@3pts = 9
Common Plants 3@3pts = 9
PESCATARIAN PLEASER

Waterway
Median = 15
Common Meat 6@3pts = 18
Common Seafood 5@3pts = 15
Common Insects 4@3pts = 12
Common Plants 5@3pts = 15
It's a nice buffet, little heavy on the steak, little light on the stink bugs.

Arena
Median = 13
Common Meat 4@3pts = 12
Common Seafood 4@3pts, 2@4pts = 20
Common Insects 2@3pts, 1@4pts = 10
Common Plants 2@3pts, 1@4pts = 10
PESCATARIAN PLEASER

Take & Bake: Levels 18 - 21

Volcanic Vents
Median = 11
Common Meat 3@4pts = 12
Common Seafood 2@4pts = 8
Common Insects 4@4pts = 16
Common Plants 2@4pts = 8
Your basic meat & potato bugs kind of place.

Rainsong Jungle
Median = 6
Common Meat 2@4pts = 8
Common Insects 0
Common Plants 2@4pts = 8
Look, pretty much the bugs here consider themselves too pretty to be eaten by just anybody.

Boreal Wood
Median = 19.5
Common Meat 3@4pts, 1@5pts, 1@6pts = 23
Common Seafood 4@4pts = 16
Common Insects 2@3pts, 4@4pts, 1@5pts = 27
Common Plants 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 12
Perfect for the high-protein, low fiber diet.

Crystal Pools
Median = 14
Common Meat 2@4pts = 8
Common Seafood 4@4pts = 16
Common Insects 4@4pts = 16
Common Plants 4@4pts = 16
Where the Grrls go to invite the Boss to dinner, 'cause that's pretty much all they want to eat here.

Working Lunches: Levels 22 - 25

Harpy’s Roost
Median = 14
Common Meat 3@2pts, 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 23
Common Seafood 1@4pts = 4
Common Insects 3@4pts = 12
Common Plants 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 17
CARNIVORE’S CARNIVAL

Ghostlight Ruins
Median = 8
Common Meat 2@4pts = 8
Common Insects 1@4pts = 4
Common Plants 3@4pts = 12
Try the salad; chocolate covered ants still out of stock.

The Mire
Median = 13.75
Common Meat 1@4pts = 4
Common Insects 3@4pts, 1@5pts = 17
Common Plants 4@4pts, 2@5pts = 26
HERBIVORE'S HURRAH

Kelp Beds
Median = 10
Common Meat 1@4pts = 4
Common Seafood 3@4pts, 1@6pts = 18
Common Insects 1@4pts = 4
Common Plants 1@4pts, 2@5pts = 14
Try the smoked fish salad.

Golem Workshop
Median = 15
Common Meat 2@4pts, 1@5pts = 13
Common Seafood 2@4pts, 2@5pts = 18
Common Insects 2@4pts, 1@5pts = 15
Common Plants 1@4pts, 2@5pts = 14
Everything's canned here anyway.

Forbidden Portal
Median = 18.75
Common Meat 2@5pts = 10
Common Seafood 6@5 = 30
Common Insects 4@5 = 20
Common Plants 3@5 = 15
PESCATARIAN PLEASER
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
reserve
reserve
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
Great guide and very funny writing style :D "Meat and potato bugs" lol. Thanks, I too have a picky fae that is sometimes hard to coli for xD
Great guide and very funny writing style :D "Meat and potato bugs" lol. Thanks, I too have a picky fae that is sometimes hard to coli for xD
oRU0xsF.png
Thank you so much for this guide, I will finally be able to have a decent seafood storage for my Ridgeback obsession!
Thank you so much for this guide, I will finally be able to have a decent seafood storage for my Ridgeback obsession!
kXpNHpy.pngliXoQQI.pnglTl0CrC.pngWRPJKhj.png
@aquafilia
I really appreciate this guide! Do you think anything's changed since the Sandswept Delta update?
@aquafilia
I really appreciate this guide! Do you think anything's changed since the Sandswept Delta update?
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
This guide is absolutely fabulous! Love the writing style, and the data!
This guide is absolutely fabulous! Love the writing style, and the data!
My Wildclaws send many thanks for this guide!
My Wildclaws send many thanks for this guide!
Proud member of Hoar Flight!
NXy3ZmM.png
kWLXTQ8.png MPaPjSU.png
What about buggies?
What about buggies?
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
@cruelty From the OP [quote]Truth hurts-- there is [b]no great place to go if you just need lots of bugs fast. [/b]You can slug it out in the Boreal Wood, but [b]mostly we hang out at the Forbidden Cave, [/b]where the Common fare is slightly heavy on the insect platters and we can burn through the battles fast enough to have good odds of shaking down a boss bear for the high-value bugs. It’s the same story if you need a Working Lunch-- when you are looking to level up and stock up at the same time. That’s Harpy’s Roost for meat-lovers, the Mire for leafy greens, Forbidden Portal if you can hack it for the fishy fare, but nowhere you can really count on bugs." [/quote]
@cruelty
From the OP
Quote:
Truth hurts-- there is no great place to go if you just need lots of bugs fast. You can slug it out in the Boreal Wood, but mostly we hang out at the Forbidden Cave, where the Common fare is slightly heavy on the insect platters and we can burn through the battles fast enough to have good odds of shaking down a boss bear for the high-value bugs. It’s the same story if you need a Working Lunch-- when you are looking to level up and stock up at the same time. That’s Harpy’s Roost for meat-lovers, the Mire for leafy greens, Forbidden Portal if you can hack it for the fishy fare, but nowhere you can really count on bugs."
Anim-spiral.gifx lore clan
spiral fan
rp friendly
for sale
free tiny buttons
xcorgi with feather pen
This guide is such a simple yet fun breakdown of all the best places to farm for food. Tysm <3
This guide is such a simple yet fun breakdown of all the best places to farm for food. Tysm <3
Mia || He/Him or They/Them || 23 || FR+3
bYt72YT.png
WQA384m.png
HSWqWgZ.png
fkWjutW.png
1 2