Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Wavecrest] Sheets Familiar Tracker
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
To everyone who replied before this update: thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the tracker, and I thank you all for sticking with me through this huge transition. [emoji=familiar heart size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1] [rule] [quote name="frameofreality" date="2020-06-19 20:07:47" ] I've been meaning to mention this, but I've added a column to keep track of Familiars placed in the Vault to my original sheet, inserted to the right of the 'In Hoard' column. I haven't bothered with updating the summary tab yet to update the formulas there to account for that part, but I think it might be a good addition to make to the new sheet as well. [snip!] EDIT: I also noticed the Unfinished rows in Baldwin's & Swipp's tabs don't have the drop down option to change them to Finished. [/quote] Figure I'd quote you since I just pinged! I'd definitely be interested in implementing a vault row! Seems plausible now that I've got everything formatted -- before I wasn't sure. If I do end up adding it, I'll credit you somewhere on the sheet! And as for the completion indicators on the Baldwin/Swipp tabs, that's intentional! Everything should be auto-update, so as long as you mark "acquired" on the Regular tab, their Baldwin/Swipp entries should follow. The drop-downs didn't work well with the formula, so I removed them. If you prefer the drop down, however, it's pretty easy to add!
To everyone who replied before this update: thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying the tracker, and I thank you all for sticking with me through this huge transition.

frameofreality wrote on 2020-06-19 20:07:47:
I've been meaning to mention this, but I've added a column to keep track of Familiars placed in the Vault to my original sheet, inserted to the right of the 'In Hoard' column. I haven't bothered with updating the summary tab yet to update the formulas there to account for that part, but I think it might be a good addition to make to the new sheet as well.

[snip!]

EDIT: I also noticed the Unfinished rows in Baldwin's & Swipp's tabs don't have the drop down option to change them to Finished.

Figure I'd quote you since I just pinged! I'd definitely be interested in implementing a vault row! Seems plausible now that I've got everything formatted -- before I wasn't sure. If I do end up adding it, I'll credit you somewhere on the sheet!

And as for the completion indicators on the Baldwin/Swipp tabs, that's intentional! Everything should be auto-update, so as long as you mark "acquired" on the Regular tab, their Baldwin/Swipp entries should follow. The drop-downs didn't work well with the formula, so I removed them. If you prefer the drop down, however, it's pretty easy to add!
3 hours ahead of FR time
@ElvenArtist
This new sheet looks great!

I did notice while putting in my familiars that a couple of them have typos in the ID#, since that's how I like to sort them. Princess Petal Gecko is listed as 26402 when it's actually 26502, and there's one other but I didn't make a note of it and I don't have time to go back through them. It was earlier than the gecko, though.
There may be more, but that's what I noticed.
@ElvenArtist
This new sheet looks great!

I did notice while putting in my familiars that a couple of them have typos in the ID#, since that's how I like to sort them. Princess Petal Gecko is listed as 26402 when it's actually 26502, and there's one other but I didn't make a note of it and I don't have time to go back through them. It was earlier than the gecko, though.
There may be more, but that's what I noticed.
Thank you! The new sheet is great so far!
Thank you! The new sheet is great so far!
The new sheet looks awesome, ended up having to manually move all my data over but it was super worth it and didn't take very long, especially since there was new info I sort of skipped out on last time (which admittedly is what took the longest out of everything lol).

Gotta admit, totally didn't realize the "In Hoard" wasn't meant for ones vaulted necessarily until frameofreality brought it up, but I could definitely see the use in it, especially for people keeping inventory for flight battles and such.

Personally take: I've been using it by waiting until I have pages of familiars and then add them to the sheet and transfer them to the vault so it basically is my "Vault" tab anyways but I suppose thats more just habit now than anything.

Thanks again for the update to the sheet though, it helps me feel a lot more organized now, especially with the discovered section and such to put down when i've seen fams at Fiona.
The new sheet looks awesome, ended up having to manually move all my data over but it was super worth it and didn't take very long, especially since there was new info I sort of skipped out on last time (which admittedly is what took the longest out of everything lol).

Gotta admit, totally didn't realize the "In Hoard" wasn't meant for ones vaulted necessarily until frameofreality brought it up, but I could definitely see the use in it, especially for people keeping inventory for flight battles and such.

Personally take: I've been using it by waiting until I have pages of familiars and then add them to the sheet and transfer them to the vault so it basically is my "Vault" tab anyways but I suppose thats more just habit now than anything.

Thanks again for the update to the sheet though, it helps me feel a lot more organized now, especially with the discovered section and such to put down when i've seen fams at Fiona.
Qk4Yyiz.png
gzlHZ53.png
vTXnFX4.png
||||||
||||||
|||||| ||||||| ||||||| |||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| xCVbB5p.png
MiMwTFm.png
q9EEy5M.png
dgZqX5Q.png
RjhNje3.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/xfrp15R.png[/img] [emoji=lightning rune size=1] [b]Thundercrack Carnival 2020[/b] [emoji=lightning rune size=1] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-9XnlJzDZy4vzt3dz2fKX6Mo8UOwYHVDBrzDOcSpc/edit?usp=sharing]Update Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk5VFmMcGamiV5uLbM8P1_9fPLb8BXnc83SSXuQmpec/edit?usp=sharing]Blank Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXoXk0HygLtGACZe9R1dv_lZ4BDOnURpr3eOR5mCs7uwInSg/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedO2ro15SmxgIbNcypv4qCIgSGWAecfuiLSC3veM-bRC-WlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist Removal[/url][/center] [rule] Happy Thundercrack 2020! Plus a new banner style -- this'll be the trend for the other ones, at least just for this cycle. I've added the new familiar, [b]Crackling Leo[/b], to the update and blank sheets. For those using the current sheet, check the orange tabs. Those who use the classic sheet, you'll find your version under the blue tab. The end of this post will go over bug/error fixes, so please be sure to check those out! [u][b]Survey and Potential Changes[/b][/u] [b]Reminder: I'm closing this survey at 21:00 server time, so if you have yet to fill this out but want to, here's the link:[/b] [center][b][url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXgJq3yKGNuzIt6F6vHJIIkDstOM2KZ2hUMrt3pWfOill1mw/viewform?usp=sf_link]Sheets Familiar Tracker 1.0 SURVEY[/url][/b][/center] Thank you to all who have taken the time to fill out this survey or leave feedback on this thread!! I'll be going over what changes are going to be made, if any, once the survey is closed; expect an update Wednesday or Thursday. So far, the changes I'm looking at implementing are: [LIST] [*]Re-introducing hover-text that lists obtaining info for items in the Baldwin/Swipp tabs [*]A Vault column, similar to the Hoard column [*]Cleaning up useless merges to allow for easier use of the paint format tool [*]Adding a key for the Undiscovered/Discovered/Acquired specifications [*]Creating an alternative Stat page for those who want to count bond and not ownership [*]Potentially a second update sheet, to keep things separate and minimize confusion [/LIST] In order to keep things consistent, the Dark theme sheet will be postponed until all changes are made. It's completed, so that release should be soon. If you are struggling with the brightness of the current sheet and would like to begin using the Dark theme in its current state, however, please let me know and I'll send you a link. [u][b]Ownership Status Clarification[/b][/u] This is totally my bad; I've failed to clarify this anywhere, so I apologize for the confusion. For now, the definitions of Undiscovered/Discovered/Acquired I'm going by are: [u]Undiscovered[/u] - Neither awakened nor owned [u]Discovered[/u] - Awakened, but not owned [u]Acquired[/u] - Owned These are based on how entries are now counted in the Bestiary; familiars you own copies of appear automatically, while familiars you don't physically own but have bonded with appear when they reach Awakened. The current Statistics page counts Bestiary entries, which would include Discovered and Acquired entries following these definitions. Ownership status is different from bonding progress, which changes regardless of Bestiary ownership status. I understand that this distinction might not be clear, though, so I may change how this system is worded or structured a bit going forward. In the meantime, I've added this in the FAQ to hopefully clear up confusion! [b][u]Fixes to the Sheets[/u][/b] Fixes to the sheets include: [LIST] [*]Princess Petal Gecko entry's ID was corrected to #25402 [*]All Glamourtail Hopper entries have had their spelling corrected [*]The Woodland Turkey has had its limited-time status removed from all affected tabs [*]Implemented a band-aid solution for the ownership status distinction. This will likely be temporary as I work towards a better solution. [/LIST] If you have any specific issues with any of the sheets, the update sheet in particular, don't hesitate to comment here or PM me so that I can better understand what problems you guys run into. Something that might seem obvious or easy to myself might not actually be so for those who don't see behind-the-scenes. I appreciate your feedback! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] Also, if you have any requests for video or text tutorials, feel free to comment! Best of luck with grinding, and I hope you all have a great festival! [emoji=coatl laughing size=1][emoji=gear size=1] [rule] [center][size=1] [emoji=scroll size=1] [/size][/center]
xfrp15R.png

Thundercrack Carnival 2020

Happy Thundercrack 2020! Plus a new banner style -- this'll be the trend for the other ones, at least just for this cycle.

I've added the new familiar, Crackling Leo, to the update and blank sheets. For those using the current sheet, check the orange tabs. Those who use the classic sheet, you'll find your version under the blue tab. The end of this post will go over bug/error fixes, so please be sure to check those out!

Survey and Potential Changes

Reminder: I'm closing this survey at 21:00 server time, so if you have yet to fill this out but want to, here's the link:

Thank you to all who have taken the time to fill out this survey or leave feedback on this thread!!

I'll be going over what changes are going to be made, if any, once the survey is closed; expect an update Wednesday or Thursday. So far, the changes I'm looking at implementing are:
  • Re-introducing hover-text that lists obtaining info for items in the Baldwin/Swipp tabs
  • A Vault column, similar to the Hoard column
  • Cleaning up useless merges to allow for easier use of the paint format tool
  • Adding a key for the Undiscovered/Discovered/Acquired specifications
  • Creating an alternative Stat page for those who want to count bond and not ownership
  • Potentially a second update sheet, to keep things separate and minimize confusion

In order to keep things consistent, the Dark theme sheet will be postponed until all changes are made. It's completed, so that release should be soon. If you are struggling with the brightness of the current sheet and would like to begin using the Dark theme in its current state, however, please let me know and I'll send you a link.

Ownership Status Clarification

This is totally my bad; I've failed to clarify this anywhere, so I apologize for the confusion. For now, the definitions of Undiscovered/Discovered/Acquired I'm going by are:

Undiscovered - Neither awakened nor owned
Discovered - Awakened, but not owned
Acquired - Owned

These are based on how entries are now counted in the Bestiary; familiars you own copies of appear automatically, while familiars you don't physically own but have bonded with appear when they reach Awakened. The current Statistics page counts Bestiary entries, which would include Discovered and Acquired entries following these definitions. Ownership status is different from bonding progress, which changes regardless of Bestiary ownership status.

I understand that this distinction might not be clear, though, so I may change how this system is worded or structured a bit going forward. In the meantime, I've added this in the FAQ to hopefully clear up confusion!

Fixes to the Sheets

Fixes to the sheets include:
  • Princess Petal Gecko entry's ID was corrected to #25402
  • All Glamourtail Hopper entries have had their spelling corrected
  • The Woodland Turkey has had its limited-time status removed from all affected tabs
  • Implemented a band-aid solution for the ownership status distinction. This will likely be temporary as I work towards a better solution.

If you have any specific issues with any of the sheets, the update sheet in particular, don't hesitate to comment here or PM me so that I can better understand what problems you guys run into. Something that might seem obvious or easy to myself might not actually be so for those who don't see behind-the-scenes. I appreciate your feedback!

Also, if you have any requests for video or text tutorials, feel free to comment!

Best of luck with grinding, and I hope you all have a great festival!

3 hours ahead of FR time
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much!
[center][img]https://media.tenor.com/images/9c771f82de191180c79570b32d49daa7/tenor.gif[/img] [emoji=gear size=1] [b]Dark Theme and General Updates[/b] [emoji=gear size=1] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-9XnlJzDZy4vzt3dz2fKX6Mo8UOwYHVDBrzDOcSpc/edit?usp=sharing]Update Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk5VFmMcGamiV5uLbM8P1_9fPLb8BXnc83SSXuQmpec/edit?usp=sharing]Blank Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXoXk0HygLtGACZe9R1dv_lZ4BDOnURpr3eOR5mCs7uwInSg/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedO2ro15SmxgIbNcypv4qCIgSGWAecfuiLSC3veM-bRC-WlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist Removal[/url][/center] [rule] Hello everyone! I apologize for the late update, I had to deal with some real-life stuff. The Dark Theme is finally completed! You can find it linked on the main post. As of right now, new entries must be manually formatted once pasted to this version, but I'm looking into ways to make this process quick and easy. I've also made some changes based on the survey results. These include: [LIST] [*]Added a Vault column next to the Hoard column [*]Added hover notes that list drop sources/gathering locations for items on the Swipp and Baldwin tabs [*]Removed merged columns and rows that caused issues with the paint format tool [/LIST] As always, these changes are completely optional, so feel free to add or remove them as you please! The changes I'm still debating and/or working on are: [LIST] [*]Adding a better-refined key for the Undiscovered/Discovered/Acquired specifications [*]Creating an alternative Stat page for those who want to count bond and not ownership [*]Potentially a second update sheet, to keep things separate and minimize confusion [/LIST] Check out the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2876351/2#post_44144238]last update[/url] for bug fixes or information you may have missed. Have a great week! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1][emoji=star size=1] [rule] [center][size=1] [emoji=scroll size=1] [/size][/center]
tenor.gif

Dark Theme and General Updates

Hello everyone! I apologize for the late update, I had to deal with some real-life stuff.

The Dark Theme is finally completed! You can find it linked on the main post. As of right now, new entries must be manually formatted once pasted to this version, but I'm looking into ways to make this process quick and easy.

I've also made some changes based on the survey results. These include:
  • Added a Vault column next to the Hoard column
  • Added hover notes that list drop sources/gathering locations for items on the Swipp and Baldwin tabs
  • Removed merged columns and rows that caused issues with the paint format tool

As always, these changes are completely optional, so feel free to add or remove them as you please!

The changes I'm still debating and/or working on are:
  • Adding a better-refined key for the Undiscovered/Discovered/Acquired specifications
  • Creating an alternative Stat page for those who want to count bond and not ownership
  • Potentially a second update sheet, to keep things separate and minimize confusion

Check out the last update for bug fixes or information you may have missed.

Have a great week!

3 hours ahead of FR time
Im curious, is there an easy way to update the sheet with the bigger changes without having to make a copy and re-do it entirely?
Im curious, is there an easy way to update the sheet with the bigger changes without having to make a copy and re-do it entirely?
Qk4Yyiz.png
gzlHZ53.png
vTXnFX4.png
||||||
||||||
|||||| ||||||| ||||||| |||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| ||||||||| xCVbB5p.png
MiMwTFm.png
q9EEy5M.png
dgZqX5Q.png
RjhNje3.png
@MidnightMonarch Depends on the update in question! For the most part, yes; most of these cosmetic/QoL updates are mainly for the blank sheets, but adding them to your own sheet yourself (either by copy-pasting from the blank or using the Sheets tools) is pretty simple once you get the hang of how Sheets works! Adding the vault row, deleting the extra merges, or changing the formatting of your sheet to match the Dark theme are easily done (though a bit time consuming), but I've found that there's no way to specifically copy over the hover-notes on the Baldwin/Swipp tabs besides copying the entire tab on your sheet. Thankfully, these tabs don't require much re-filling. This is probably a good update to roll out a tutorial or two on, as the explanations will probably be too long for a forum post lol [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] Are there any specific changes you'd like me to go over first?
@MidnightMonarch

Depends on the update in question! For the most part, yes; most of these cosmetic/QoL updates are mainly for the blank sheets, but adding them to your own sheet yourself (either by copy-pasting from the blank or using the Sheets tools) is pretty simple once you get the hang of how Sheets works!

Adding the vault row, deleting the extra merges, or changing the formatting of your sheet to match the Dark theme are easily done (though a bit time consuming), but I've found that there's no way to specifically copy over the hover-notes on the Baldwin/Swipp tabs besides copying the entire tab on your sheet. Thankfully, these tabs don't require much re-filling.

This is probably a good update to roll out a tutorial or two on, as the explanations will probably be too long for a forum post lol Are there any specific changes you'd like me to go over first?
3 hours ahead of FR time
@ElvenArtist I'd love it if you could add a tutorial (I personally prefer a visual but if it's too much hastle that's fine too) on how to add these big changes - adding in the hover notes, column, etc. cause I'm not very good at figuring these things out lol!
@ElvenArtist I'd love it if you could add a tutorial (I personally prefer a visual but if it's too much hastle that's fine too) on how to add these big changes - adding in the hover notes, column, etc. cause I'm not very good at figuring these things out lol!
ba119729640c7b4e6f7c4b9ef3b4606300c4572a.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24