Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Wavecrest] Sheets Familiar Tracker
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
Thank you!
Thank you!
Thank you so much @ElvenArtist! But I seem to be getting a [code]#NAME?[/code] error with the provided formula, with the comment of "Unknown range name: 'CELL'". Any ideas?
Thank you so much @ElvenArtist! But I seem to be getting a
Code:
#NAME?
error with the provided formula, with the comment of "Unknown range name: 'CELL'". Any ideas?
jPdGQf9.gif
itumblr_inline_ojq6kwwlmN1r2ao8y_540.png

iiifr+2
itiny_coatl.png140.pngimbcQX2i.pngitiny_sd.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png
iiiiiiiii
bitumblr_inline_ojq6kqtzXZ1r2ao8y_540.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvbu87Y1qlye38.gif
TTxEpjT.gif
@minervamaga That's my bad, I should have explained how to plug it in! Where the formula says 'CELL', put the row number + column letter of the familiar's name box! So for the blank sheet, the cells would be as follows: [LIST] [*]Lost in the Woods: [b]E481[/b] [*]Finding the Path: [b]E484[/b] [*]Deerly Beloved: [b]E487[/b] [/LIST] Let me know if this works! Edit: This is the full code for the first one: [code]=INDEX(QUERY('Holiday and Retired Familiars'!$C:$D;"select D where C ='"&E481&"'";-1))[/code]
@minervamaga

That's my bad, I should have explained how to plug it in! Where the formula says 'CELL', put the row number + column letter of the familiar's name box!

So for the blank sheet, the cells would be as follows:
  • Lost in the Woods: E481
  • Finding the Path: E484
  • Deerly Beloved: E487

Let me know if this works!

Edit: This is the full code for the first one:
Code:
=INDEX(QUERY('Holiday and Retired Familiars'!$C:$D;"select D where C ='"&E481&"'";-1))
3 hours ahead of FR time
@ElvenArtist Hmm, now I get an empty output error. I'll admit, QUERY is not my strong point when it comes to sheets XD [code]=INDEX(QUERY('Holiday and Retired Familiars'!$C:$D,"select D where C ='E481'",-1))[/code] (Mine is also in 481)
@ElvenArtist Hmm, now I get an empty output error. I'll admit, QUERY is not my strong point when it comes to sheets XD
Code:
=INDEX(QUERY('Holiday and Retired Familiars'!$C:$D,"select D where C ='E481'",-1))

(Mine is also in 481)
jPdGQf9.gif

iiifr+2
iiiiiiiii
TTxEpjT.gif
@minervamaga No worries, it's pretty complicated! In the formula you gave me, this part is incorrect: [code]!$C:$D,"select D where C ='E481'",-1))[/code] Semicolons instead of commas, and in the C = phrase you're missing some apostrophes, &'s, and quote marks! It should be this: [code]!$C:$D;"select D where C ='"&E481&"'";-1))[/code] !$C:$D[color=red][b];[/b][/color]"select D where C ='[color=red][b]"&[/b][/color]E481[color=red][b]"[/b][/color]'"[color=red][b];[/b][/color]-1)) The apostrophes and quotation marks kind of work like brackets, so missing them makes a phrase or grouping incomplete. This is how they group all together! =INDEX(QUERY('Holiday and Retired Familiars'!$C:$D;[color=red][b]"[/b][/color]select D where C =[color=blue][b]'[/b][/color][color=green][b]"[/b][/color]&E481&[color=green][b]"[/b][/color][color=blue][b]'[/b][/color][color=red][b]"[/b][/color];-1))
@minervamaga No worries, it's pretty complicated!

In the formula you gave me, this part is incorrect:
Code:
!$C:$D,"select D where C ='E481'",-1))

Semicolons instead of commas, and in the C = phrase you're missing some apostrophes, &'s, and quote marks!

It should be this:
Code:
!$C:$D;"select D where C ='"&E481&"'";-1))

!$C:$D;"select D where C ='"&E481"'";-1))

The apostrophes and quotation marks kind of work like brackets, so missing them makes a phrase or grouping incomplete. This is how they group all together!

=INDEX(QUERY('Holiday and Retired Familiars'!$C:$D;"select D where C ='"&E481&"'";-1))
3 hours ahead of FR time
@ElvenArtist That worked, thank you! The commas/semicolons might be a regional thing, someone pointed it out on Discord the other day that it varies by region?? It seems to auto switch them to the correct ones in some cases though.
@ElvenArtist That worked, thank you! The commas/semicolons might be a regional thing, someone pointed it out on Discord the other day that it varies by region?? It seems to auto switch them to the correct ones in some cases though.
jPdGQf9.gif

iiifr+2
iiiiiiiii
TTxEpjT.gif
@minervamaga I'm glad that worked! No problem, always happy to help! If you have trouble with updating the tab manually due to the regional corrections, and you haven't made any customizations, then it might be easier to copy over the complete updated tab from the blank and delete the old one. I recommend it especially for huge Fiona updates, since the tab is mostly auto-update anyway. To do this: [LIST=1] [*]Go to the blank sheet and right-click the Fiona tab on the bottom. [*]Choose "Copy To > Existing Spreadsheet", which should give you the option to copy it to your personal sheet. [*]Delete the old tab and rename the new one to "Fiona Feats"; it'll copy over named something like Kopie von Fiona Feats. [/LIST] The Stats tab doesn't like this method, but it's a relatively quick fix; once you rename your new tab, just make sure the formulas for the "Fiona Feats" section of the stats tab still say 'Fiona Feats' instead of something else. If you have any future trouble don't hesitate to reach out! [emoji=coatl happy size=1]
@minervamaga

I'm glad that worked! No problem, always happy to help!

If you have trouble with updating the tab manually due to the regional corrections, and you haven't made any customizations, then it might be easier to copy over the complete updated tab from the blank and delete the old one. I recommend it especially for huge Fiona updates, since the tab is mostly auto-update anyway.

To do this:
  1. Go to the blank sheet and right-click the Fiona tab on the bottom.
  2. Choose "Copy To > Existing Spreadsheet", which should give you the option to copy it to your personal sheet.
  3. Delete the old tab and rename the new one to "Fiona Feats"; it'll copy over named something like Kopie von Fiona Feats.
The Stats tab doesn't like this method, but it's a relatively quick fix; once you rename your new tab, just make sure the formulas for the "Fiona Feats" section of the stats tab still say 'Fiona Feats' instead of something else.

If you have any future trouble don't hesitate to reach out!
3 hours ahead of FR time
@ElvenArtist I've done some customizing to my sheets to help make it easier to track things both on this sheet and in some other ones, so deleting and copying is a bit of a eek for me. Now that I know how to fix it, I should be good, but I definitely will if I have issues!
@ElvenArtist I've done some customizing to my sheets to help make it easier to track things both on this sheet and in some other ones, so deleting and copying is a bit of a eek for me. Now that I know how to fix it, I should be good, but I definitely will if I have issues!
jPdGQf9.gif

iiifr+2
iiiiiiiii
TTxEpjT.gif
[center][emoji=earth rune size=1] [b]Rockbreaker's Ceremony[/b] [emoji=earth rune size=1] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-9XnlJzDZy4vzt3dz2fKX6Mo8UOwYHVDBrzDOcSpc/edit?usp=sharing]Update Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk5VFmMcGamiV5uLbM8P1_9fPLb8BXnc83SSXuQmpec/edit?usp=sharing]Blank Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXoXk0HygLtGACZe9R1dv_lZ4BDOnURpr3eOR5mCs7uwInSg/viewform?usp=sf_link]Join Pinglist[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedO2ro15SmxgIbNcypv4qCIgSGWAecfuiLSC3veM-bRC-WlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist Removal[/url][/center] [rule] Hello everyone, happy Rockbreaker's! I was excited to see this festival's familiar, as I'm a Sagittarius! I've added the new familiar, [b]Unyielding Sagittarius[/b]. You'll find it in the usual spot [emoji=coatl winking size=1] As per usual, if you notice anything awry don't hesitate to let me know via ping or Error form. May your luck be plenty this festival! [emoji=coatl star size=1][emoji=pick axe size=1] [rule] [center][size=1] [emoji=scroll size=1] [/size][/center]
Rockbreaker's Ceremony

Hello everyone, happy Rockbreaker's! I was excited to see this festival's familiar, as I'm a Sagittarius!

I've added the new familiar, Unyielding Sagittarius. You'll find it in the usual spot

As per usual, if you notice anything awry don't hesitate to let me know via ping or Error form.

May your luck be plenty this festival!

3 hours ahead of FR time
Thank you!
Thank you!
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24