Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Wavecrest] Sheets Familiar Tracker
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24
@ElvenArtist EDIT: I had copied the bonding process cell from a familiar that was relaxed and that seems to be what wasn't working. I copied a cell that was already awakened and pasting that one seems to have fixed it. So I have it all filled out now! I didn't even know that tutorial was here haha So I've been following it exactly as it's said to do, but something isn't working. This is what it's doing: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/727331345952407606/810235115656970280/Screenshot_121.png[/img]
@ElvenArtist

EDIT: I had copied the bonding process cell from a familiar that was relaxed and that seems to be what wasn't working. I copied a cell that was already awakened and pasting that one seems to have fixed it. So I have it all filled out now!

I didn't even know that tutorial was here haha

So I've been following it exactly as it's said to do, but something isn't working. This is what it's doing:

Screenshot_121.png
tumblr_inline_p81uu8PtSF1tsrqpm_75sq.gif
She/her
FR +1
Wishlist
xxx g1 Quest
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
@DreamSlayer I'm glad you were able to get it working! And yep, all existing tutorials (and future tutorials) are located on the same post as the bug report form and FAQ. It should be linked at the top of the main post. The formulas can certainly be fickle sometimes, so it's always best to check if anything didn't copy over correctly, like the cell info or entire parts of the formula. If you were copying over from the Willowmane Deerling entry, it could be that it was trying to pull the swan entries from the "Holiday and Retired Familiars" tab! Ran into that one myself while updating too [emoji=skydancer tongue size=1] I should probably add a note on the tutorial doc for it.
@DreamSlayer

I'm glad you were able to get it working! And yep, all existing tutorials (and future tutorials) are located on the same post as the bug report form and FAQ. It should be linked at the top of the main post.

The formulas can certainly be fickle sometimes, so it's always best to check if anything didn't copy over correctly, like the cell info or entire parts of the formula.

If you were copying over from the Willowmane Deerling entry, it could be that it was trying to pull the swan entries from the "Holiday and Retired Familiars" tab! Ran into that one myself while updating too I should probably add a note on the tutorial doc for it.
3 hours ahead of FR time
Thank you so much! I hope you remain healthy!
Thank you so much! I hope you remain healthy!
@FeatherFox Thank you!! [emoji=skydancer happy size=1][emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@FeatherFox Thank you!!
3 hours ahead of FR time
[center][emoji=shadow rune size=1] [b]Trickmurk Circus[/b] [emoji=shadow rune size=1] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-9XnlJzDZy4vzt3dz2fKX6Mo8UOwYHVDBrzDOcSpc/edit?usp=sharing]Update Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk5VFmMcGamiV5uLbM8P1_9fPLb8BXnc83SSXuQmpec/edit?usp=sharing]Blank Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXoXk0HygLtGACZe9R1dv_lZ4BDOnURpr3eOR5mCs7uwInSg/viewform?usp=sf_link]Join Pinglist[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedO2ro15SmxgIbNcypv4qCIgSGWAecfuiLSC3veM-bRC-WlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist Removal[/url][/center] [rule] Hello! Happy Trickmurk [emoji=skydancer laughing size=1][emoji=firework size=1] A little update on my quarantine status; I'm officially in the clear! I've added the [b]Disappearing Pisces[/b] to the sheet. You'll find it under Holiday and Retired Familiars. Please check the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2876351/6#post_46434828]last update[/url] for general fixes if you missed it! [center][b]Survey Results - Discussion[/b] [rule] In this section I'll be discussing the results and options going forward. If you are able, please read through and leave some feedback so that I'm able to better gauge what appeals more to you guys! [b]NotN Organizing[/b][/center] It seems that the majority of those who answered would prefer some method of separating their NotN familiars from the rest, but a decent amount would prefer not to. So, the goal going forward is a NotN section or tab that is optional; the end result will share similar formatting or just focus on tracking w/o moving entries. Here's the options I'm thinking of: [LIST] [*][b]Separate NotN Tab[/b] -- Doesn't clutter the Holiday and Retired Familiars tab, and would share the formatting of the Regular Tab so users who prefer to keep everything in the Regular Tab won't have to add the update. This would act as a tracking tab, so I'd have to alter some tabs to accommodate the change. [*][b]NotN Auto-Tracking Tab[/b] -- This would work similar to Fiona Feats. You'd enter your familiars into the Regular tab, and their progress would be tracked on the NotN tab! Updating should be easier than Fiona Feats since it'll only utilize one formula, but a tutorial will be released with it regardless of difficulty. This would also be entirely optional, as nothing changes about tracking bonding progress. [/LIST] [center][b]Terminology Change for Ownership Progress[/b][/center] Based on results, it seems that the current terms of Undiscovered, Discovered, and Acquired will remain for the time being. However, you are welcome to use terms that better help you understand their intended meanings: [LIST] [*][b]Undiscovered:[/b] Physical copy not owned, not Awakened [*][b]Discovered:[/b] Physical copy not owned, fully bonded to Awakened [*][b]Acquired:[/b] You own a physical copy, bond status unrelated [/LIST] If you would prefer to use the site terminology, the equivalent categories are as follows: Undiscovered/Awakened/Owned [center][b]Statistics Page Updates[/b][/center] There was an overwhelming majority who preferred that the Statistics page be tweaked to fit the current Bestiary system, so I'll be moving forward with figuring out the most effective solution. I'm not quite sure how this will look, so I'll keep things vague until I have a better idea of how things will be organized. In general, I'm aiming for these main categories: [LIST] [*][b]Total Entries Recorded[/b]: Acquired + Discovered [*][b]Total Acquired Familiars[/b]: Acquired (owned) ONLY [*][b]Total Discovered Familiars[/b]: Discovered (Awakened) ONLY. [*][b]Total Awakened Familiars[/b]: Total awakened familiars, regardless of ownership. May change to just owned + awakened. [/LIST] For tab-specific counts, the term "Acquired" will remain, as the tabs currently track ownership instead of bonding progress. However, this may change if there's enough demand. The "Missing" section may change to "Undiscovered", but will otherwise remain unchanged. [rule] I hope that all made sense! I should have a more decisive update for you all soon. Have a great Trickmurk! [emoji=skydancer tongue size=1][emoji=silver crown size=1] [rule] [center][size=1] [emoji=scroll size=1] [/size][/center]
Trickmurk Circus

Hello! Happy Trickmurk

A little update on my quarantine status; I'm officially in the clear!

I've added the Disappearing Pisces to the sheet. You'll find it under Holiday and Retired Familiars.

Please check the last update for general fixes if you missed it!

Survey Results - Discussion
In this section I'll be discussing the results and options going forward. If you are able, please read through and leave some feedback so that I'm able to better gauge what appeals more to you guys!

NotN Organizing
It seems that the majority of those who answered would prefer some method of separating their NotN familiars from the rest, but a decent amount would prefer not to. So, the goal going forward is a NotN section or tab that is optional; the end result will share similar formatting or just focus on tracking w/o moving entries. Here's the options I'm thinking of:
  • Separate NotN Tab -- Doesn't clutter the Holiday and Retired Familiars tab, and would share the formatting of the Regular Tab so users who prefer to keep everything in the Regular Tab won't have to add the update. This would act as a tracking tab, so I'd have to alter some tabs to accommodate the change.
  • NotN Auto-Tracking Tab -- This would work similar to Fiona Feats. You'd enter your familiars into the Regular tab, and their progress would be tracked on the NotN tab! Updating should be easier than Fiona Feats since it'll only utilize one formula, but a tutorial will be released with it regardless of difficulty. This would also be entirely optional, as nothing changes about tracking bonding progress.
Terminology Change for Ownership Progress
Based on results, it seems that the current terms of Undiscovered, Discovered, and Acquired will remain for the time being. However, you are welcome to use terms that better help you understand their intended meanings:
  • Undiscovered: Physical copy not owned, not Awakened
  • Discovered: Physical copy not owned, fully bonded to Awakened
  • Acquired: You own a physical copy, bond status unrelated
If you would prefer to use the site terminology, the equivalent categories are as follows: Undiscovered/Awakened/Owned
Statistics Page Updates
There was an overwhelming majority who preferred that the Statistics page be tweaked to fit the current Bestiary system, so I'll be moving forward with figuring out the most effective solution. I'm not quite sure how this will look, so I'll keep things vague until I have a better idea of how things will be organized. In general, I'm aiming for these main categories:
  • Total Entries Recorded: Acquired + Discovered
  • Total Acquired Familiars: Acquired (owned) ONLY
  • Total Discovered Familiars: Discovered (Awakened) ONLY.
  • Total Awakened Familiars: Total awakened familiars, regardless of ownership. May change to just owned + awakened.
For tab-specific counts, the term "Acquired" will remain, as the tabs currently track ownership instead of bonding progress. However, this may change if there's enough demand. The "Missing" section may change to "Undiscovered", but will otherwise remain unchanged.

I hope that all made sense! I should have a more decisive update for you all soon.

Have a great Trickmurk!

3 hours ahead of FR time
Thank you!
An automated tab for NOTN like Fiona or the other trackers sounds nice.
Thank you!
An automated tab for NOTN like Fiona or the other trackers sounds nice.
TvGyETb.gif
Thank you so much! I'm glad you are doing well.

The potential changes to the statistics tab sound intriguing. As I am one of those who prefer not to separate out my NotN familiars, I have more interest in the auto-tracker, but likely wouldn't use either.
Thank you so much! I'm glad you are doing well.

The potential changes to the statistics tab sound intriguing. As I am one of those who prefer not to separate out my NotN familiars, I have more interest in the auto-tracker, but likely wouldn't use either.
I just updated my sheet, thanks so much!
I just updated my sheet, thanks so much!
[center][emoji=wind rune size=1] [b]Mistral Jamboree[/b] [emoji=wind rune size=1] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_1-9XnlJzDZy4vzt3dz2fKX6Mo8UOwYHVDBrzDOcSpc/edit?usp=sharing]Update Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Kk5VFmMcGamiV5uLbM8P1_9fPLb8BXnc83SSXuQmpec/edit?usp=sharing]Blank Sheet[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScXoXk0HygLtGACZe9R1dv_lZ4BDOnURpr3eOR5mCs7uwInSg/viewform?usp=sf_link]Join Pinglist[/url] | [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedO2ro15SmxgIbNcypv4qCIgSGWAecfuiLSC3veM-bRC-WlQ/viewform?usp=sf_link]Pinglist Removal[/url][/center] [rule] Hello! Happy MistJam [emoji=skydancer star size=1][emoji=gust size=1] I've added the [b]Roaming Aries[/b] to the sheet. You'll find it under Holiday and Retired Familiars. The following changes and corrections have also been added: [LIST] [*][u]Statistics Page (both sheets):[/u] the formula to track the total number of familiars acquired for the Gathering Guide (cells C13) have had its range adjusted to B4:BE54 instead of E4:BE54. [*][u]Statistics Page (both sheets):[/u] based on feedback given to me recently, the formula that counts the total number of Coliseum familiars (cell E12) has been changed from a SUM formula to the following: [code]=COUNTIF('Coliseum Guide'!B4:O603;"X")+COUNTIF('Coliseum Guide'!B4:O603;"/")[/code] This should hopefully cut out most additional updates for the Coli total calculation in the future. [*][u]Statistics Page (both sheets):[/u] The ranges for both of the Fiona Familiar acquired/total formulas (cells C14 and E14) have had their ranges adjusted to K4:K1046 to accommodate the number of entries. [*][u]Gathering Guide (Dark ONLY):[/u] The Ancient Fungus familiar entry has had its formatted adjusted to a darker gray in order to indicate its availability outside of gathering. [/LIST] [i](Thank you to those who submitted these errors and recommendations!)[/i] To implement these updates, simply copy the formulas or ranges listed and paste them into their respective cell(s). For ranges in particular, you only need to paste into the relevant part of the formula. I understand that this may be vague, so if you need any elaboration please let me know! The Ancient Fungus update only requires changing the background color to a darker shade of gray (1 or 2 to the left of the current shade), if desired. Have a great week! [emoji=skydancer happy size=1][emoji=harp size=1] [rule] [center][size=1] [emoji=scroll size=1] [/size][/center]
Mistral Jamboree

Hello! Happy MistJam

I've added the Roaming Aries to the sheet. You'll find it under Holiday and Retired Familiars.

The following changes and corrections have also been added:
  • Statistics Page (both sheets): the formula to track the total number of familiars acquired for the Gathering Guide (cells C13) have had its range adjusted to B4:BE54 instead of E4:BE54.
  • Statistics Page (both sheets): based on feedback given to me recently, the formula that counts the total number of Coliseum familiars (cell E12) has been changed from a SUM formula to the following:
    Code:
    =COUNTIF('Coliseum Guide'!B4:O603;"X")+COUNTIF('Coliseum Guide'!B4:O603;"/")
    This should hopefully cut out most additional updates for the Coli total calculation in the future.
  • Statistics Page (both sheets): The ranges for both of the Fiona Familiar acquired/total formulas (cells C14 and E14) have had their ranges adjusted to K4:K1046 to accommodate the number of entries.
  • Gathering Guide (Dark ONLY): The Ancient Fungus familiar entry has had its formatted adjusted to a darker gray in order to indicate its availability outside of gathering.
(Thank you to those who submitted these errors and recommendations!)

To implement these updates, simply copy the formulas or ranges listed and paste them into their respective cell(s). For ranges in particular, you only need to paste into the relevant part of the formula. I understand that this may be vague, so if you need any elaboration please let me know!

The Ancient Fungus update only requires changing the background color to a darker shade of gray (1 or 2 to the left of the current shade), if desired.

Have a great week!

3 hours ahead of FR time
Thank you!
Thank you!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24