Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Battle Stones and Coliseum Builds
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 64 65
This guide is super useful. Thank you for setting it up and maintaining it!
This guide is super useful. Thank you for setting it up and maintaining it!
Y02PS6v.png
Notes regarding the turn order:

Round 1:
__if QCK dragon/monster >= 1 -> 1 turn
__if QCK dragon/monster >= 2 -> 2 turns

Round 2:
__if QCK dragon/monster >= 1.5 -> 2 turns

Ghostlight Ruins: 115 STR / 70 QCK / 31 VIT Scracth or Meditate

Monsters:

50 QCK
Aer Phantom | Lux Spectre (mages)
48 QCK
Otherwordly Aura | Somber Spirit (mages)
Shatterbone Vulture | Tatterwing Carcass
Disoriented Spirit | Malevolent Spirit (bosses)
44 QCK
Greybeak Reaper
43 QCK
Longneck Medium | Longneck Scholar (mages)
Tengu Caller
42 QCK
Infestation Hound | Wraith Hound
41 QCK
Carrioncorn | Nightmare
40 QCK
Pronghorn Stomper | Wendigo

Haste turn: 50x2-30=70 QCK

-> 115 STR / 70 QCK / 31 VIT

Two turns in the second round: 50x1.5=75 QCK; 48x1.5=72 QCK; 44x1.5=66 QCK

-> 115 STR / 75 QCK / 20 VIT

• 70 QCK to get the Haste turn against the fastest monsters (Aer Phantom / Lux Spectre)
  • 75 QCK to get two turns in the second round, but this is not essential, since you can Rally Eliminate two monsters in the first round. Use Haste against the bosses (Scratch version) and 4-packs.

Mire: 119 STR / 64 QCK / 30 VIT Scracth or Meditate

Monsters:

62 QCK
Psywurm (mage)
56 QCK
Salve Kamaitachi (mage)
52 QCK
Scythe Kamaitachi
50 QCK
Molten Wartoad | Wartoad (bosses)
47 QCK
Venomous Toridae
46 QCK
Wetland Unicorn (mage)
44 QCK
Mossy Cerdae (mage)
43 QCK
Brilliant Psywurm (mage)
42 QCK
Blackwing Croaker | Heartred Croaker (mages)
Common Podid (mage) | Southmarsh Podid
Mistwatch Shellion (mage) | Shellion
Poisonous Toridae
Sickle Kamaitachi

Haste turn (at 119 STR the max. QCK is 72):
Bosses 50x2-30=70 QCK
Venomous Toridae 47x2-30=64 QCK

-> 119 STR / 70 QCK / 16 VIT or 119 STR / 64 QCK / 30 VIT

Two turns in the second round:
47x1.5=71 QCK
46x1.5=69 QCK
44x1.5=66 QCK
43x1.5=65 QCK
42x1.5=63 QCK

• 64 QCK to get the Haste turn in the first round against 47 OCK monsters. Use Haste against the bosses (Scratch version).
Notes regarding the turn order:

Round 1:
__if QCK dragon/monster >= 1 -> 1 turn
__if QCK dragon/monster >= 2 -> 2 turns

Round 2:
__if QCK dragon/monster >= 1.5 -> 2 turns

Ghostlight Ruins: 115 STR / 70 QCK / 31 VIT Scracth or Meditate

Monsters:

50 QCK
Aer Phantom | Lux Spectre (mages)
48 QCK
Otherwordly Aura | Somber Spirit (mages)
Shatterbone Vulture | Tatterwing Carcass
Disoriented Spirit | Malevolent Spirit (bosses)
44 QCK
Greybeak Reaper
43 QCK
Longneck Medium | Longneck Scholar (mages)
Tengu Caller
42 QCK
Infestation Hound | Wraith Hound
41 QCK
Carrioncorn | Nightmare
40 QCK
Pronghorn Stomper | Wendigo

Haste turn: 50x2-30=70 QCK

-> 115 STR / 70 QCK / 31 VIT

Two turns in the second round: 50x1.5=75 QCK; 48x1.5=72 QCK; 44x1.5=66 QCK

-> 115 STR / 75 QCK / 20 VIT

• 70 QCK to get the Haste turn against the fastest monsters (Aer Phantom / Lux Spectre)
  • 75 QCK to get two turns in the second round, but this is not essential, since you can Rally Eliminate two monsters in the first round. Use Haste against the bosses (Scratch version) and 4-packs.

Mire: 119 STR / 64 QCK / 30 VIT Scracth or Meditate

Monsters:

62 QCK
Psywurm (mage)
56 QCK
Salve Kamaitachi (mage)
52 QCK
Scythe Kamaitachi
50 QCK
Molten Wartoad | Wartoad (bosses)
47 QCK
Venomous Toridae
46 QCK
Wetland Unicorn (mage)
44 QCK
Mossy Cerdae (mage)
43 QCK
Brilliant Psywurm (mage)
42 QCK
Blackwing Croaker | Heartred Croaker (mages)
Common Podid (mage) | Southmarsh Podid
Mistwatch Shellion (mage) | Shellion
Poisonous Toridae
Sickle Kamaitachi

Haste turn (at 119 STR the max. QCK is 72):
Bosses 50x2-30=70 QCK
Venomous Toridae 47x2-30=64 QCK

-> 119 STR / 70 QCK / 16 VIT or 119 STR / 64 QCK / 30 VIT

Two turns in the second round:
47x1.5=71 QCK
46x1.5=69 QCK
44x1.5=66 QCK
43x1.5=65 QCK
42x1.5=63 QCK

• 64 QCK to get the Haste turn in the first round against 47 OCK monsters. Use Haste against the bosses (Scratch version).
I have a few questions as I am kind of unsure about how some of the abilities work and I would love if there anyone could help me clarify a few things?

Firstly, do the effects of any of the abilities stack? Like, with shred for example, it is definitely not the case as according to the explanation, using shred to attack a target who is already affected by bleed will only replace the previous bleed debuff with a new bleed debuff based on the new attack. So do all buffs and debuffs work this way?
I mean, basically my question is if the rule is always that there can only be one of each kind of effect active on an individual at a time? Or is it situational based on the ability? Like is it different for abilities where the effect is chance based as compared to when it is an automatic outcome? Or does whether the ability is used repeatedly by one dragon or by two different dragons one after the other ever affect the outcome?

Ummm, aside from that I am also pretty confused by reflect. When healing is reflected does the caster receive the healing instead, or is healing reflected back as damage (similar to the effect of virus) or does healing the target just not work and there is no effect on the caster?
And in terms of what determines the strength of the reflection. Is seems to say that the only determining factor for how healing is reflected is the level of the caster's intelligence, and for the buffs it is also the level of the caster's relevant skill (for example if concentration was cast on a target with reflect it would also be reflected based on the level of the caster's intelligence?) And as for damage, the relevant factors are both the caster's INT and the target's DEF/MIND, but if reflect only applies to magic abilities, why is it affected by the target's defense which relates to physical damage?

And finally, just to check...if guard is successfully cast on a target, and that damage is being transferred to another dragon, there would be no benefit to casting reflect on the dragon that is receiving the damage as they are literally only receiving the damage and reflect would not have an effect because technically they are not the one being attacked so there is no attack to reflect?

Phew, I think that's mostly everything I'm curious about. ^^
I have a few questions as I am kind of unsure about how some of the abilities work and I would love if there anyone could help me clarify a few things?

Firstly, do the effects of any of the abilities stack? Like, with shred for example, it is definitely not the case as according to the explanation, using shred to attack a target who is already affected by bleed will only replace the previous bleed debuff with a new bleed debuff based on the new attack. So do all buffs and debuffs work this way?
I mean, basically my question is if the rule is always that there can only be one of each kind of effect active on an individual at a time? Or is it situational based on the ability? Like is it different for abilities where the effect is chance based as compared to when it is an automatic outcome? Or does whether the ability is used repeatedly by one dragon or by two different dragons one after the other ever affect the outcome?

Ummm, aside from that I am also pretty confused by reflect. When healing is reflected does the caster receive the healing instead, or is healing reflected back as damage (similar to the effect of virus) or does healing the target just not work and there is no effect on the caster?
And in terms of what determines the strength of the reflection. Is seems to say that the only determining factor for how healing is reflected is the level of the caster's intelligence, and for the buffs it is also the level of the caster's relevant skill (for example if concentration was cast on a target with reflect it would also be reflected based on the level of the caster's intelligence?) And as for damage, the relevant factors are both the caster's INT and the target's DEF/MIND, but if reflect only applies to magic abilities, why is it affected by the target's defense which relates to physical damage?

And finally, just to check...if guard is successfully cast on a target, and that damage is being transferred to another dragon, there would be no benefit to casting reflect on the dragon that is receiving the damage as they are literally only receiving the damage and reflect would not have an effect because technically they are not the one being attacked so there is no attack to reflect?

Phew, I think that's mostly everything I'm curious about. ^^
@JadedEmperor

You have asked several questions, I can answer some stuff. If any of my answer is erroneous, others can point out what is wrong... here we go:

You are right, dragon B does not need to cast reflect -

If guard is cast by dragon A on dragon B... dragon B will be protected for 5 rounds. Guard is not guaranteed to 'guard' the dragon it is cast upon; but when it does activate, dragon A does take the damage. A build I have is super fast QCK, and I will use two turns before monster attack: dragon A casts guard on dragon B, next dragon A turn before being attacked is that I will cast anticipate for dragon A. Then with this in place, if dragon B is attacked and guard does activate/work; dragon A will take half damage and build 15 breath (courtesy of anticipate). If dragon A gets attacked while anticipating, it still only takes half damage and builds 15 breath - win, win; the advantage of this is that with high QCK, extra turns allow for immediate casting of heal and continuing to support the meleé dragon.

Reflect is a different way to get through a battle...

Reflect does what the name implies - reflects anything cast on a target that has reflect 'on'. Good or bad, anything cast towards a target with reflect will be reflected towards the caster. There is one exception - if dragon A and dragon B both have reflect 'on' and dragon A casts heal or haste on dragon B, the spell will not go back to dragon A, it will go to dragon C or to a monster... lol

First, if you are running a dragon(s) in the coliseum, you shouldn't really need reflect on your meleé dragon, except if going into the kelp beds with two trainers, then I have it on my two trainer dragons to use to beat the bosses. In the dragon turn immediately before the first boss attack turn, each trainer dragon casts reflect on themselves and continues to attack the boss after casting reflect. During the time that reflect is working, you are right, no spells cast will get through to the dragons with reflect. This is great because the two KB bosses are casters and their attack spells do reflect back to the caster. While you have reflect on a dragon, you can sap and still receive the heal benefit of that attack. The Mantarune can have congeal reflect onto himself and it can become frozen. Other than KB boss battles, other battles shouldn't take long enough that you should need to cast reflect.

As for abilities stacking, you again are right. If two dragons are casting the same spell - congeal - or using Shred the affect is replaced with each successful use of the spell... The only 'stacking' would be to have a fighter Shred an opponent and a fire dragon cast Sear and a nature dragon cast Envenom. That way each attack can stack together - if each is successful for the added damage - and cause extra turn based damage.

Let me know if you have other questions. Hope this helps.
@JadedEmperor

You have asked several questions, I can answer some stuff. If any of my answer is erroneous, others can point out what is wrong... here we go:

You are right, dragon B does not need to cast reflect -

If guard is cast by dragon A on dragon B... dragon B will be protected for 5 rounds. Guard is not guaranteed to 'guard' the dragon it is cast upon; but when it does activate, dragon A does take the damage. A build I have is super fast QCK, and I will use two turns before monster attack: dragon A casts guard on dragon B, next dragon A turn before being attacked is that I will cast anticipate for dragon A. Then with this in place, if dragon B is attacked and guard does activate/work; dragon A will take half damage and build 15 breath (courtesy of anticipate). If dragon A gets attacked while anticipating, it still only takes half damage and builds 15 breath - win, win; the advantage of this is that with high QCK, extra turns allow for immediate casting of heal and continuing to support the meleé dragon.

Reflect is a different way to get through a battle...

Reflect does what the name implies - reflects anything cast on a target that has reflect 'on'. Good or bad, anything cast towards a target with reflect will be reflected towards the caster. There is one exception - if dragon A and dragon B both have reflect 'on' and dragon A casts heal or haste on dragon B, the spell will not go back to dragon A, it will go to dragon C or to a monster... lol

First, if you are running a dragon(s) in the coliseum, you shouldn't really need reflect on your meleé dragon, except if going into the kelp beds with two trainers, then I have it on my two trainer dragons to use to beat the bosses. In the dragon turn immediately before the first boss attack turn, each trainer dragon casts reflect on themselves and continues to attack the boss after casting reflect. During the time that reflect is working, you are right, no spells cast will get through to the dragons with reflect. This is great because the two KB bosses are casters and their attack spells do reflect back to the caster. While you have reflect on a dragon, you can sap and still receive the heal benefit of that attack. The Mantarune can have congeal reflect onto himself and it can become frozen. Other than KB boss battles, other battles shouldn't take long enough that you should need to cast reflect.

As for abilities stacking, you again are right. If two dragons are casting the same spell - congeal - or using Shred the affect is replaced with each successful use of the spell... The only 'stacking' would be to have a fighter Shred an opponent and a fire dragon cast Sear and a nature dragon cast Envenom. That way each attack can stack together - if each is successful for the added damage - and cause extra turn based damage.

Let me know if you have other questions. Hope this helps.
These are not the droids you are looking for... However, I may have a dragon you are looking for...(message me to inquire)
72eb0cf20918b4b957ec32b06e9832d272c3619f.png
@quattronius I have an unusually question: If the plague boss in the kelp beds contaminates himself and gets the virus debuff due to reflect, will a reflected aid deal damage?
@quattronius I have an unusually question: If the plague boss in the kelp beds contaminates himself and gets the virus debuff due to reflect, will a reflected aid deal damage?
Y02PS6v.png
@Alize
That is a good question... based upon the way things should work in the coliseum, then the answer should be yes. I may have to try it... lol - that would be funny to 'heal' the Wave Sweeper to its death.
@Alize
That is a good question... based upon the way things should work in the coliseum, then the answer should be yes. I may have to try it... lol - that would be funny to 'heal' the Wave Sweeper to its death.
These are not the droids you are looking for... However, I may have a dragon you are looking for...(message me to inquire)
@quattronius
DEFINITELY helpful...thank you so much! For a long time I was too discouraged to keep working at the coliseum as I figured it was pretty much impossible to make good progress with a team without an eliminate. Recently though I have decided to approach it like I would any other turn based strategy and try to develop some other workable alternative.

Right now I am trying out....I guess you could call it a medic? It is a healer build, but with relatively low INT and ridiculously high QCK. So the emphasis is on having endless opportunities to heal and keep everyone's life bars topped up, while sacrificing in terms of the strength and efficiency of each single heal being significantly lower. Oh, and it has Rally as well, since with all those extra turns it can buff the fighters so they don't have to give up a turn where they could be attacking to cast it on themselves.

So I mostly wanted to have a better idea how the effects of the abilities work as I was considering whether it would benefit the team to add a reflect or another buff of some sort to the medic. I actually had haste on there before but it was pretty pointless as she was already so fast she never had to use it on herself and even if she did there was no noticeable increase in the frequency of her turns, and the fighters are barely acceptable in terms of quickness so using it on them only pushes them from mediocre to average which isn't much of a game changer either.
@quattronius
DEFINITELY helpful...thank you so much! For a long time I was too discouraged to keep working at the coliseum as I figured it was pretty much impossible to make good progress with a team without an eliminate. Recently though I have decided to approach it like I would any other turn based strategy and try to develop some other workable alternative.

Right now I am trying out....I guess you could call it a medic? It is a healer build, but with relatively low INT and ridiculously high QCK. So the emphasis is on having endless opportunities to heal and keep everyone's life bars topped up, while sacrificing in terms of the strength and efficiency of each single heal being significantly lower. Oh, and it has Rally as well, since with all those extra turns it can buff the fighters so they don't have to give up a turn where they could be attacking to cast it on themselves.

So I mostly wanted to have a better idea how the effects of the abilities work as I was considering whether it would benefit the team to add a reflect or another buff of some sort to the medic. I actually had haste on there before but it was pretty pointless as she was already so fast she never had to use it on herself and even if she did there was no noticeable increase in the frequency of her turns, and the fighters are barely acceptable in terms of quickness so using it on them only pushes them from mediocre to average which isn't much of a game changer either.
@JadedEmperor

Have you tried the Sedona Build? There is also this thread: Leveling a Coli Team on a Budget.
@JadedEmperor

Have you tried the Sedona Build? There is also this thread: Leveling a Coli Team on a Budget.
@JadedEmperor

In addition to Maki's post above mine, there is also: [Healbot] Golem Workshop for Slackers

The emphasis from this post for you is the Healer Build, Stats - 100 INT 94 QCK 15 VIT (you are welcome to change the stats as you want to) this is a.k.a. a Sunreon Healbot.

The biggest advantage with the sedona build is that you can fight in the coliseum without eliminate - the battles just take a little longer without eliminate.

Your clan profile indicates you are in the Ice element flight. Most flights have a discount dragon shop to help their members have access to at least one discounted fully stoned and statted dragon to help you get right into the coliseum and start leveling your own dragons and building your own coliseum dragons. Other possibilities are to look for a dragon lending library and a discount battle stone shop within your flight. You should be able to find help amongst your element in the forums. Look and ask around.
@JadedEmperor

In addition to Maki's post above mine, there is also: [Healbot] Golem Workshop for Slackers

The emphasis from this post for you is the Healer Build, Stats - 100 INT 94 QCK 15 VIT (you are welcome to change the stats as you want to) this is a.k.a. a Sunreon Healbot.

The biggest advantage with the sedona build is that you can fight in the coliseum without eliminate - the battles just take a little longer without eliminate.

Your clan profile indicates you are in the Ice element flight. Most flights have a discount dragon shop to help their members have access to at least one discounted fully stoned and statted dragon to help you get right into the coliseum and start leveling your own dragons and building your own coliseum dragons. Other possibilities are to look for a dragon lending library and a discount battle stone shop within your flight. You should be able to find help amongst your element in the forums. Look and ask around.
@JadedEmperor
My first coli team also had a healer. It was more of a tank-healer type, the kind who can take a hit for the team and heal them when they are low on points. I don't have the other two dragons that were part of the team, but my strategy was one tank dragon and two fighters. When they leveled up, I wouldn't add points to any stats until after I had fought a bit and failed. That way I knew what was needed. This team was slow but got the job done.

As JadedEmperor said, the Sedona Build is great. I have a team of two Sedona's to act as trainers. They do well even at the highest level. Sometimes groups of four can end them, but that is rare. They even take down bosses! Technically, I used a Sedona varaion, as only one of my dragons has haste and both still have scratch. Scratch can be useful at times.
@JadedEmperor
My first coli team also had a healer. It was more of a tank-healer type, the kind who can take a hit for the team and heal them when they are low on points. I don't have the other two dragons that were part of the team, but my strategy was one tank dragon and two fighters. When they leveled up, I wouldn't add points to any stats until after I had fought a bit and failed. That way I knew what was needed. This team was slow but got the job done.

As JadedEmperor said, the Sedona Build is great. I have a team of two Sedona's to act as trainers. They do well even at the highest level. Sometimes groups of four can end them, but that is rare. They even take down bosses! Technically, I used a Sedona varaion, as only one of my dragons has haste and both still have scratch. Scratch can be useful at times.
Y02PS6v.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 64 65