Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Healbot] Golem Workshop for Slackers
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
As the title implies, this is the slacker's guide to grinding in the Golem Workshop. Originally created for people who had been asking me about my setup in the Light forums, and now brought you as a public service. This setup owes most or all of its success to @Sunreon and their mage Healbot build (found in a post by @Astriferious asking for mage builds). [size=5][url=http://oriel-fr.tumblr.com/post/125115880224/golem-workshop-farming-demo]Bookmarkable tumblr guide.[/url][/size] [size=5][url=https://youtu.be/WaDFpZaemRU]YouTube Demo Video[/url][/size] [size=6]Why 'The Slacker's Guide'?[/size] [indent]Simple. If you have two untinctured Culex fodder trainers (125 STR / 59 QCK) and you're interested in leveling a healer, then this build is for you. It also doesn't matter what element you choose for your healer or training dragons, though a mage that is elementally strong to enemies in the Workshop is advised. I use a Light dragon. A. No tinctures required - uses 'standard' untinctured fodder trainers. B. Start successfully on any pack. No need to reload, even if a boss pops first thing. C. Defeat back-to-back bosses. D. Clear every non-boss pack with Scratch-Eliminate. E. Flexible build allows for awful strings of chain misses/dodges, zero breath, and the common coli mishaps without leading to either death or restart.[/indent] [size=5]Preparation[/size] [indent] [b]A.[/b] I assume you've already read one of the basic Coliseum Guides by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=937136&p=mb]Kiena[/url] and/or [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=gde&id=1040710&p=mb]Culex[/url] and you have at least one pair of Glass Cannon fodder trainers. Although I haven't tested this with alternative trainer builds, I assume any healbot-style healer would work pretty well with any team of any two trainers. I'm open to feedback and additional information on that. [b]B. [/b]Pick a healer. I use a Light dragon because I'm Light Flight - but it's also strong against Shadow, Plague, and Wind enemies. These are common types of melee mobs in the Workshop. It's easy to get a lot of use out of them. [b]C.[/b] Level the healer. Starting in Kelp beds is easy. Follow the stone and stat guide as below. It may help to prioritize INT/QCK at different ratios, but I honestly didn't notice. It's possible to bring the healer into Workshp as low as level 15, but I was conservative and waited until level 19. This setup works basically the same in Kelp Beds as it does in Workshop, and the farming rotations outlined below also work during leveling. [b]D.[/b] Stat Distribution While Leveling [quote=Oriel]Distribute points about 50/50 as you level. For reference values of QCK at lower levels, just use Culex distribution while keeping your final values in mind. Example (and this is roughly the rationale I used): LEVEL 2 - 10 QCK 4 - 15 QCK 5 - 20 QCK 10 - 25 QCK 13 - 35 QCK 16 - 40 QCK 17 - 50 QCK --- Put the rest of your points not spent on QCK into INT at each level. The above stats are reference suggestions taken directly from the Culex guide at each level and will appropriately scale QCK up until about level 17-18. Past that point your dragon should be healing well enough regardless of stat points, though you can prioritize INT if you need more potent heals and QCK if you'd like your level 25 trainer dragons to have more turns. After level 17 prioritize the stats roughly equally as you level and distribute them as you see fit up until the final goal stats: 100 INT / 94 QCK (these are within six points of each other, which is why 50/50 distribution works fine) --- The healer dragon in the picture on the front page was not already 25 when I chose to make him part of my team. He went from 1-25 in the Mire, Kelp Beds, and Golem Workshop, respectively - in the company of my level 25 fodder trainers - and I distributed stat points during the leveling process exactly as I have outlined above. When in doubt, use the Culex guide for references to appropriate QCK at each level. When you get closer to even values in INT/QCK, just make sure not to go over the amount suggested by the build. You really can't go wrong![/quote][/indent] [size=5]Healer Build[/size] [indent]Stats - 100 INT 94 QCK 15 VIT[/indent] [img]http://i.imgur.com/z1uKed1.png[/img] [size=5]Trainer Build[/size] [indent]Stats - 125 STR 59 QCK[/indent] [img]http://i.imgur.com/bONfMjq.png[/img] [size=6]Farming Rotations[/size] Varies based on the following: Did I make a mistake? Did a dragon miss? Am I weak/strong to a particular element this round? [b]For normal packs of three you can do the 'standard' rotation:[/b] 1. Healer rallies bottom dragon. 2. Middle dragon uses a scratch once on each enemy. 3. Bottom dragon eliminates x2. 4. Healer meditates. 5. Middle dragon uses scratch. 6. Bottom dragon finishes with Eliminate. In this case enemies never had a turn to attack. [b]For normal packs when you want to build breath on your bottom dragon - use this when your bottom dragon has recently missed eliminate:[/b] 1. Healer rallies middle dragon. 2. Middle dragon scratch-eliminates one enemy. 3. Bottom dragon scratches the other two enemies. (Breath building step). 4. Healer rallies bottom dragon. 5. Middle dragon eliminates second enemy. 6. Bottom dragon eliminates third enemy. [b]Flexible two-rally rotation - i.e. balanced breath-building on all three dragons:[/b] 1. Healer meditates. 2. Middle Dragon rallies. 3. Middle dragon uses scratch. 4. Bottom dragon rallies. 5. Bottom dragon uses scratch. 6. Healer meditates. 7. Round continues until all dragons have breath for heal/eliminate. Healer heals as needed. [b]Breath-building rotation when all dragons have enough for eliminate:[/b] 1. Healer meditates (or uses enamor against elementally weak enemy) 2. Middle dragon rally. 3. Middle dragon scratch. 4. Bottom dragon rally. 5. Bottom dragon scratch. 6. Healer meditates (or enamor-kills elementally weak enemy) 7. Middle dragon eliminate-kills second mob. 8. Bottom dragon eliminate-kills last mob. [size=5]Four-packs are slightly different.[/size] You can do any of the above rotations to kill three mobs, prioritizing melee mobs over casters and elementally damaging enemies over those that you could easily kill with your Light (or other element) mage. This typically means taking out miths, creepers, steelhounds before golems and lumens. For Light/Ice dragons, kill lightning before shadow and plague - take care of the lightning or neutral enemies with the GC dragons and let the caster handle the remaining elementally weak enemy. Ideally there will be a light-aspected or elementally neutral mob left over in the four-pack. A fast healer will be able to contuse the caster or other mob before it has a chance to attack, thus reducing attack damage. [size=5]Bosses[/size] Keep meditate up on the healer (want lots of energy), have second dragon rally then eliminate, have bottom dragon rally and eliminate, have healer contuse, and then continue on with eliminates as usual. At one point I handled back-to-back bosses without breath on any of my dragons. And that's thanks to the extra meditate and healing turns a 94-QCK healer gets. With this build deaths are rare and resets typically nonexistent. [size=5]Fringe Benefits[/size] I never use more than one scratch on any non-boss enemy. Ever. Unless I missed someplace or am deliberately building breath. Also the Light mage occasionally one-shots plague, wind, and shadow enemies. ;D [size=5]Keep on slackin' on ...[/size]
As the title implies, this is the slacker's guide to grinding in the Golem Workshop. Originally created for people who had been asking me about my setup in the Light forums, and now brought you as a public service.

This setup owes most or all of its success to @Sunreon and their mage Healbot build (found in a post by @Astriferious asking for mage builds).

Bookmarkable tumblr guide.

YouTube Demo Video

Why 'The Slacker's Guide'?

Simple. If you have two untinctured Culex fodder trainers (125 STR / 59 QCK) and you're interested in leveling a healer, then this build is for you. It also doesn't matter what element you choose for your healer or training dragons, though a mage that is elementally strong to enemies in the Workshop is advised. I use a Light dragon.

A. No tinctures required - uses 'standard' untinctured fodder trainers.
B. Start successfully on any pack. No need to reload, even if a boss pops first thing.
C. Defeat back-to-back bosses.
D. Clear every non-boss pack with Scratch-Eliminate.
E. Flexible build allows for awful strings of chain misses/dodges, zero breath, and the common coli mishaps without leading to either death or restart.

Preparation

A. I assume you've already read one of the basic Coliseum Guides by Kiena and/or Culex and you have at least one pair of Glass Cannon fodder trainers. Although I haven't tested this with alternative trainer builds, I assume any healbot-style healer would work pretty well with any team of any two trainers. I'm open to feedback and additional information on that.

B. Pick a healer. I use a Light dragon because I'm Light Flight - but it's also strong against Shadow, Plague, and Wind enemies. These are common types of melee mobs in the Workshop. It's easy to get a lot of use out of them.

C. Level the healer. Starting in Kelp beds is easy. Follow the stone and stat guide as below. It may help to prioritize INT/QCK at different ratios, but I honestly didn't notice. It's possible to bring the healer into Workshp as low as level 15, but I was conservative and waited until level 19. This setup works basically the same in Kelp Beds as it does in Workshop, and the farming rotations outlined below also work during leveling.

D. Stat Distribution While Leveling
Oriel wrote:
Distribute points about 50/50 as you level. For reference values of QCK at lower levels, just use Culex distribution while keeping your final values in mind.

Example (and this is roughly the rationale I used):

LEVEL
2 - 10 QCK
4 - 15 QCK
5 - 20 QCK
10 - 25 QCK
13 - 35 QCK
16 - 40 QCK
17 - 50 QCK
---

Put the rest of your points not spent on QCK into INT at each level.

The above stats are reference suggestions taken directly from the Culex guide at each level and will appropriately scale QCK up until about level 17-18. Past that point your dragon should be healing well enough regardless of stat points, though you can prioritize INT if you need more potent heals and QCK if you'd like your level 25 trainer dragons to have more turns.

After level 17 prioritize the stats roughly equally as you level and distribute them as you see fit up until the final goal stats:
100 INT / 94 QCK (these are within six points of each other, which is why 50/50 distribution works fine)

---

The healer dragon in the picture on the front page was not already 25 when I chose to make him part of my team. He went from 1-25 in the Mire, Kelp Beds, and Golem Workshop, respectively - in the company of my level 25 fodder trainers - and I distributed stat points during the leveling process exactly as I have outlined above.

When in doubt, use the Culex guide for references to appropriate QCK at each level. When you get closer to even values in INT/QCK, just make sure not to go over the amount suggested by the build.

You really can't go wrong!

Healer Build

Stats - 100 INT 94 QCK 15 VIT

z1uKed1.png

Trainer Build

Stats - 125 STR 59 QCK

bONfMjq.png

Farming Rotations

Varies based on the following:

Did I make a mistake?
Did a dragon miss?
Am I weak/strong to a particular element this round?

For normal packs of three you can do the 'standard' rotation:
1. Healer rallies bottom dragon.
2. Middle dragon uses a scratch once on each enemy.
3. Bottom dragon eliminates x2.
4. Healer meditates.
5. Middle dragon uses scratch.
6. Bottom dragon finishes with Eliminate. In this case enemies never had a turn to attack.

For normal packs when you want to build breath on your bottom dragon - use this when your bottom dragon has recently missed eliminate:
1. Healer rallies middle dragon.
2. Middle dragon scratch-eliminates one enemy.
3. Bottom dragon scratches the other two enemies. (Breath building step).
4. Healer rallies bottom dragon.
5. Middle dragon eliminates second enemy.
6. Bottom dragon eliminates third enemy.

Flexible two-rally rotation - i.e. balanced breath-building on all three dragons:
1. Healer meditates.
2. Middle Dragon rallies.
3. Middle dragon uses scratch.
4. Bottom dragon rallies.
5. Bottom dragon uses scratch.
6. Healer meditates.
7. Round continues until all dragons have breath for heal/eliminate. Healer heals as needed.

Breath-building rotation when all dragons have enough for eliminate:
1. Healer meditates (or uses enamor against elementally weak enemy)
2. Middle dragon rally.
3. Middle dragon scratch.
4. Bottom dragon rally.
5. Bottom dragon scratch.
6. Healer meditates (or enamor-kills elementally weak enemy)
7. Middle dragon eliminate-kills second mob.
8. Bottom dragon eliminate-kills last mob.

Four-packs are slightly different.

You can do any of the above rotations to kill three mobs, prioritizing melee mobs over casters and elementally damaging enemies over those that you could easily kill with your Light (or other element) mage.

This typically means taking out miths, creepers, steelhounds before golems and lumens. For Light/Ice dragons, kill lightning before shadow and plague - take care of the lightning or neutral enemies with the GC dragons and let the caster handle the remaining elementally weak enemy. Ideally there will be a light-aspected or elementally neutral mob left over in the four-pack. A fast healer will be able to contuse the caster or other mob before it has a chance to attack, thus reducing attack damage.

Bosses

Keep meditate up on the healer (want lots of energy), have second dragon rally then eliminate, have bottom dragon rally and eliminate, have healer contuse, and then continue on with eliminates as usual. At one point I handled back-to-back bosses without breath on any of my dragons. And that's thanks to the extra meditate and healing turns a 94-QCK healer gets.

With this build deaths are rare and resets typically nonexistent.

Fringe Benefits

I never use more than one scratch on any non-boss enemy. Ever. Unless I missed someplace or am deliberately building breath. Also the Light mage occasionally one-shots plague, wind, and shadow enemies. ;D

Keep on slackin' on ...
tumblr_p5yuzmLdrA1r8avs2o1_500.png
@Oriel thank you thank you! but forreal, @sunreon is great
@Oriel thank you thank you! but forreal, @sunreon is great
11512.png Wishlist
Sell Thread
Liquidation
xxx LF Dragons
Auction
Hatchery
Accent shop
xxx Art shop
Coding Shop
Coli Info
Mage Leveling Guide
@Oriel @Astriferious

ahhhh thank you! you're very sweet.
@Oriel @Astriferious

ahhhh thank you! you're very sweet.
@Oriel great guide! this really helps! @patronissimo for future reference :3
@Oriel great guide! this really helps! @patronissimo for future reference :3
oTVkboM.png
Needed this~
Needed this~
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
@Oriel omg thank you so much!! I'm trying to build a mage this week to farm the workshop so this is super helpful :'D
@Oriel omg thank you so much!! I'm trying to build a mage this week to farm the workshop so this is super helpful :'D
tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
@patronissimo @mewhaku @BonnieBug

Glad it could be useful. :) But Sunreon is honestly the real hero here. Dat Healbot!
@patronissimo @mewhaku @BonnieBug

Glad it could be useful. :) But Sunreon is honestly the real hero here. Dat Healbot!
@sunreon - Thanks again for this build! =3
@sunreon - Thanks again for this build! =3
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
This looks helpful, can't wait to try it out!
This looks helpful, can't wait to try it out!
My favorite part about the build is sustainability. It just goes for hours with very little maintenance - and tends to be forgiving of mistakes or misclicks.
My favorite part about the build is sustainability. It just goes for hours with very little maintenance - and tends to be forgiving of mistakes or misclicks.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9