Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How To: Dragon Auctions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Wystaria

Oh thank you!! That is so helpful, I'm not one for auctions, I don't even like bidding in any myself so I am pretty blind about all this. That helps a lot!
@Wystaria

Oh thank you!! That is so helpful, I'm not one for auctions, I don't even like bidding in any myself so I am pretty blind about all this. That helps a lot!
teRaSHFw_o.pngeuDTIgez_o.png
@Shadeyrain I'm happy you've found it helpful! My advice mirror's @Wystaria, how you would like to set up the starting bid is up to you. I generally advise it to be the absolute minimum you would be willing to accept in exchange for the dragon, but some people set the starting bid lower to hopefully entice bids! If your dragon is an old dragon that you are auctioning, you can sometimes get a gauge by using the ODCA's spreadsheet history, where they keep track of dragons sold. G1's are a bit more wonky, as the market for them has dropped significantly over the past year or so.

About a week is a good bet, in my opinion, with the ending date landing somewhere in the weekend so if the bidder goes to work/schooling during the auction, they have a better chance at staying online to continue bidding if they wish to!
@Shadeyrain I'm happy you've found it helpful! My advice mirror's @Wystaria, how you would like to set up the starting bid is up to you. I generally advise it to be the absolute minimum you would be willing to accept in exchange for the dragon, but some people set the starting bid lower to hopefully entice bids! If your dragon is an old dragon that you are auctioning, you can sometimes get a gauge by using the ODCA's spreadsheet history, where they keep track of dragons sold. G1's are a bit more wonky, as the market for them has dropped significantly over the past year or so.

About a week is a good bet, in my opinion, with the ending date landing somewhere in the weekend so if the bidder goes to work/schooling during the auction, they have a better chance at staying online to continue bidding if they wish to!
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Infectionary
Hi, I'm running my first auction and I think I completely missed the point of snipe guards. I'd really love more information on them. For example, I've been reading '1 hour' snipe guard as that it triggers in the last hour and then lasts for another hour, but that doesn't seem to be the case...?

Anyway, I'm running a short auction but decided to have snipe guard that triggered in the last hour and lasted for another 12 hours (because the auction was so short in the first place). I didn't initially state that this was the case, because I had thought that triggering the last hour was normal. Is that a normal way of doing it? I'm very worried that I'm being unfair by doing something wrong, though now that I've posted it I cannot take it back (at least not for this extension). Should I have made it trigger in the last few minutes or so? I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give me. You can find it here

Edit: it had a happy ending in that no one bid during that time! (I still like some more info on how snipe guards should work for best results.)
@Infectionary
Hi, I'm running my first auction and I think I completely missed the point of snipe guards. I'd really love more information on them. For example, I've been reading '1 hour' snipe guard as that it triggers in the last hour and then lasts for another hour, but that doesn't seem to be the case...?

Anyway, I'm running a short auction but decided to have snipe guard that triggered in the last hour and lasted for another 12 hours (because the auction was so short in the first place). I didn't initially state that this was the case, because I had thought that triggering the last hour was normal. Is that a normal way of doing it? I'm very worried that I'm being unfair by doing something wrong, though now that I've posted it I cannot take it back (at least not for this extension). Should I have made it trigger in the last few minutes or so? I'd really appreciate any feedback you can give me. You can find it here

Edit: it had a happy ending in that no one bid during that time! (I still like some more info on how snipe guards should work for best results.)
60787410.png 57806280.png
Don't mind me. Just pinging myself over here. @demonimpala67
Don't mind me. Just pinging myself over here. @demonimpala67
9bX8Cud.png
@Freefire

Ping for future reference
@Freefire

Ping for future reference
Celestine xxxxxxxx
“There are times when the unseen can be even more dangerous than what our eyes behold.”
~ Erin Forbes
OrlEqVx.png
KnAzebe.png
mlHpBMC.png
WKtl2lb.png
@winterbright pinging myself!
@winterbright pinging myself!
SCtan5m.png
Southern Lights Hatchery & Ice Nesting d8c1a852df2fd8a.png

using for the future because auctions make no sense, thanks NightmareJudge :D
using for the future because auctions make no sense, thanks NightmareJudge :D
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png