Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How To: Dragon Auctions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Confectionary

When you spoke of the ping lists you said something about not using them for Interest checks...how would you set up an interest check and where would you post it?

I have a couple of Gen 1's that I might put up for auction but I've never done one and would like to find out if there would be any interest before going to all the trouble of making all the decisions and creating the auction post only to have nobody interested in them...
@Confectionary

When you spoke of the ping lists you said something about not using them for Interest checks...how would you set up an interest check and where would you post it?

I have a couple of Gen 1's that I might put up for auction but I've never done one and would like to find out if there would be any interest before going to all the trouble of making all the decisions and creating the auction post only to have nobody interested in them...
@Riegan I would advise posting your dragons here, in the Gen One Sales Center to ask for an interest check/price advice. The Gen One Hoarders Association would also be a good place to gauge interest!
@Riegan I would advise posting your dragons here, in the Gen One Sales Center to ask for an interest check/price advice. The Gen One Hoarders Association would also be a good place to gauge interest!
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

Thank you very much for all of your help! =)
@Confectionary

Thank you very much for all of your help! =)
@Confectionary

Do you consider an auto-buy amount truly necessary? I'm finally setting up my test auction and I really have no sense of where this could go, and it seems that the best way to work that out (going by my selling thread) is just to do it a couple times. o.-
@Confectionary

Do you consider an auto-buy amount truly necessary? I'm finally setting up my test auction and I really have no sense of where this could go, and it seems that the best way to work that out (going by my selling thread) is just to do it a couple times. o.-
Atc1dz0.png54606251.png ·· 53812642.png ·· 54544677.png ·· 54741908.png
@Aristatide Not at all, sometimes you wind up selling yourself short if you put up an auto-buy. From my experience, I've found the best time to include auto-buys are when you, the seller, have a specific monetary goal in mind. If you are just looking for the best possible value you can get for your dragon, it's perfectly fine and normal to not include an auto-buy!
@Aristatide Not at all, sometimes you wind up selling yourself short if you put up an auto-buy. From my experience, I've found the best time to include auto-buys are when you, the seller, have a specific monetary goal in mind. If you are just looking for the best possible value you can get for your dragon, it's perfectly fine and normal to not include an auto-buy!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

Thank you greatly for your assistance! I am off to make this happen.
@Confectionary

Thank you greatly for your assistance! I am off to make this happen.
Atc1dz0.png54606251.png ·· 53812642.png ·· 54544677.png ·· 54741908.png
@Confectionary

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1162110/1
I believe the ODCA has gotten a new pinglist? idk really
@Confectionary

http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/1162110/1
I believe the ODCA has gotten a new pinglist? idk really
@msjanny Oh thank you very much! I'll get the front page updated.
@msjanny Oh thank you very much! I'll get the front page updated.
X1e9cjr.gif
@Confectionary

First of all, I LOVE Sir Humphrey Fitzwilliam the Third- what a well-informed young man!!!

Secondly haha, I really like this guide! I run the Old Dragon Collectors Association and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me linking it there? I think it would be a great resource to make easily available there.

And lastly, just a piece of input for your old dragon auction template- it's often a good idea to make note of the dragon's generation as well if it's 3rd or earlier.

@Confectionary

First of all, I LOVE Sir Humphrey Fitzwilliam the Third- what a well-informed young man!!!

Secondly haha, I really like this guide! I run the Old Dragon Collectors Association and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me linking it there? I think it would be a great resource to make easily available there.

And lastly, just a piece of input for your old dragon auction template- it's often a good idea to make note of the dragon's generation as well if it's 3rd or earlier.

6Sx7SSv.png
@cooneyms Thank you so much for your feedback! I've updated the Old Dragon Auction Template to include a generation area as well as a brief generation description to help cut down on any confusion.

I would love if you linked this, I think if could be very beneficial for both the Auctioneers and potential bidders. c:

(And thank you! At some point I'm hoping to have a Sir Humphrey in the flesh [pixel?] in my lair, but he's still in the breeding project phase hehe)
@cooneyms Thank you so much for your feedback! I've updated the Old Dragon Auction Template to include a generation area as well as a brief generation description to help cut down on any confusion.

I would love if you linked this, I think if could be very beneficial for both the Auctioneers and potential bidders. c:

(And thank you! At some point I'm hoping to have a Sir Humphrey in the flesh [pixel?] in my lair, but he's still in the breeding project phase hehe)
X1e9cjr.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8