Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How To: Dragon Auctions
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
@Infectionary

Thank you for this guide, it's really helpful!

I have a question about updating the Current Bid and the etiquette around that. I plan on auctioning some dragons this week but it'll be the first time I've had dragons rare enough to bother. Problem is I work, so I don't have the luxury of checking to see if there are new bids frequently during the day and making sure that the CB is up to date. Is there a common way to communicate to potential bidders that the bid might not be updated until I'm home from work? And would that negatively impact my auction?
@Infectionary

Thank you for this guide, it's really helpful!

I have a question about updating the Current Bid and the etiquette around that. I plan on auctioning some dragons this week but it'll be the first time I've had dragons rare enough to bother. Problem is I work, so I don't have the luxury of checking to see if there are new bids frequently during the day and making sure that the CB is up to date. Is there a common way to communicate to potential bidders that the bid might not be updated until I'm home from work? And would that negatively impact my auction?
tumblr_o1ueqsuOKH1ubkxfuo10_r1_250.pngtumblr_o1ueqsuOKH1ubkxfuo9_r1_250.png
@Hearthless1 I'm glad you found it helpful! Updating the front page is very beneficial for new bidders entering your auction, but if you include a note near where you are logging the bid updates for bidders to check the last page for a recent bid, I don't think anyone will mind. You should also remind bidders to ping the person they are outbidding if they forget to do so, to make sure everyone involved in the auction is aware of the bid changes. :)
@Hearthless1 I'm glad you found it helpful! Updating the front page is very beneficial for new bidders entering your auction, but if you include a note near where you are logging the bid updates for bidders to check the last page for a recent bid, I don't think anyone will mind. You should also remind bidders to ping the person they are outbidding if they forget to do so, to make sure everyone involved in the auction is aware of the bid changes. :)
Click The Imperial Below to Get a Free Unhatched Egg!
X1e9cjr.gif
This is super useful, thank you very much!
This is super useful, thank you very much!
Tn4aWhc.png
@Mole

pinging for reference, this is very helpful c:
@Mole

pinging for reference, this is very helpful c:
tbbsig3_zps13cxj42v.png
@RitterKeks ping for easy access
@SirMurmellot could be helpful some time ^^
@RitterKeks ping for easy access
@SirMurmellot could be helpful some time ^^
11393453.png20366084.png20244937.png
@Infectionary

I'm not fully understanding how Snipe Guard works. Could you explain a little more? Sorry, newbie.

Also you should create a thread on general/ fair pricing on dragons.
@Infectionary

I'm not fully understanding how Snipe Guard works. Could you explain a little more? Sorry, newbie.

Also you should create a thread on general/ fair pricing on dragons.
@Lyricmonster96 Dragon worth is in a constant state of fluctuation, there is unfortunately no set number I could put on any dragon that would net you a fair price, I'm sorry!

Snipe Guards are tricky, and honestly not something I've encountered in the way they are handled on FR anywhere else. I believe for most auctions, snipe guards are activated when the auction is drawing to a close and a bid is made last moment. Some people specify when the snipe guard is activated, others don't seem to include that information.

For example, say I have an auction going with a 1 hour snipe guard. The end of the auction is 06:00. Someone bids at 5:55, just 5 minutes until the auction is set to end. The Snipe Guard would be activated, and would extend the auction until 07:00.

Some players choose to have the snipe guard activate repeatedly, so if someone bid in the above auction at 06:55, it would extend again to 08:00 and so on until there were no bids for an hour. Other players choose to have the snipe guard activate one time, so any bid made prior to the end of the snipe guard would be considered valid and final.

I hope that helps!
@Lyricmonster96 Dragon worth is in a constant state of fluctuation, there is unfortunately no set number I could put on any dragon that would net you a fair price, I'm sorry!

Snipe Guards are tricky, and honestly not something I've encountered in the way they are handled on FR anywhere else. I believe for most auctions, snipe guards are activated when the auction is drawing to a close and a bid is made last moment. Some people specify when the snipe guard is activated, others don't seem to include that information.

For example, say I have an auction going with a 1 hour snipe guard. The end of the auction is 06:00. Someone bids at 5:55, just 5 minutes until the auction is set to end. The Snipe Guard would be activated, and would extend the auction until 07:00.

Some players choose to have the snipe guard activate repeatedly, so if someone bid in the above auction at 06:55, it would extend again to 08:00 and so on until there were no bids for an hour. Other players choose to have the snipe guard activate one time, so any bid made prior to the end of the snipe guard would be considered valid and final.

I hope that helps!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Infectionary
Yes! That helped a lot!

And I've had my fair share of market encounters outside of FR, but being a newbie I'm not too sure what a good rule of thumb may be.

But I understand! I'll have to just lurk in the AH for a while and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks!
@Infectionary
Yes! That helped a lot!

And I've had my fair share of market encounters outside of FR, but being a newbie I'm not too sure what a good rule of thumb may be.

But I understand! I'll have to just lurk in the AH for a while and see if I can figure it out.

Thanks!
@Lyricmonster96 I'm very happy to have helped!
@Lyricmonster96 I'm very happy to have helped!
X1e9cjr.gif
@Infectionary:
I have no idea if this is an odd question, but I've never done auctions here and only have experience with other pet sites as far as thats concerned but:

Would it be considered in bad taste to have...I'm not sure what the term is but I guess like bonus' to the auction winner should the dragon in question go over a certain price?

Say like 'If this does over 2kg/gem equivalent I'll draw a custom head shot for the dragon in question'.

That kinda thing was common in older sites but I know things change and I wouldn't want to offer anything if it's not good practice anymore :'0!
@Infectionary:
I have no idea if this is an odd question, but I've never done auctions here and only have experience with other pet sites as far as thats concerned but:

Would it be considered in bad taste to have...I'm not sure what the term is but I guess like bonus' to the auction winner should the dragon in question go over a certain price?

Say like 'If this does over 2kg/gem equivalent I'll draw a custom head shot for the dragon in question'.

That kinda thing was common in older sites but I know things change and I wouldn't want to offer anything if it's not good practice anymore :'0!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8