Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] So You Want to Start a Hatchery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Acacophony

This is great, thank you! I was wondering - I've seen people creating tables of contents in their hatchery threads sometimes, and I know that there's a way to anchor a link to a specific post, but I've never been able to figure out how to do that. Do you have any idea?
I'm clueless when it comes to BBCode sorry
@Acacophony

This is great, thank you! I was wondering - I've seen people creating tables of contents in their hatchery threads sometimes, and I know that there's a way to anchor a link to a specific post, but I've never been able to figure out how to do that. Do you have any idea?
I'm clueless when it comes to BBCode sorry
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
sis-kee-yoo
she/her
FR +19
@frozenpumpkin
There have been guides to do this this floating around in this forum, and I've been meaning to find one and link it in the resources section at the end of my guide.

Click "edit" on the post you want to link to. Then hit "submit" on the editing page. (Do Not Click Cancel).
The URL in your browser should end with "anchor=" and a bunch of numbers after you have submitted.

I copied this from the end of the url of one of my posts as an examle: anchor=6509761#6509761

Copy the entire URL and then insert it via BBCode into the table of contents. This easy way is to highlight the text of your menu item, and then click on the little chain icon at the top of your post editor. It will create a little dialog box and ask you for the URL, and you just paste in the URL you copied from your post.

You can also do it by hand like this, with no spaces in the code:
[ url=(insert post url)]The Title of Your Content Item[ /url]

For some reason on my hatchery thread, this only works with posts which are linked on the first page of the thread. I don't know why.
@frozenpumpkin
There have been guides to do this this floating around in this forum, and I've been meaning to find one and link it in the resources section at the end of my guide.

Click "edit" on the post you want to link to. Then hit "submit" on the editing page. (Do Not Click Cancel).
The URL in your browser should end with "anchor=" and a bunch of numbers after you have submitted.

I copied this from the end of the url of one of my posts as an examle: anchor=6509761#6509761

Copy the entire URL and then insert it via BBCode into the table of contents. This easy way is to highlight the text of your menu item, and then click on the little chain icon at the top of your post editor. It will create a little dialog box and ask you for the URL, and you just paste in the URL you copied from your post.

You can also do it by hand like this, with no spaces in the code:
[ url=(insert post url)]The Title of Your Content Item[ /url]

For some reason on my hatchery thread, this only works with posts which are linked on the first page of the thread. I don't know why.
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony

Thank you so much!! ; u ; It's been a great help. This is a lovely guide, thanks again for creating it and being so willing to help ^^
@Acacophony

Thank you so much!! ; u ; It's been a great help. This is a lovely guide, thanks again for creating it and being so willing to help ^^
sis-kee-yoo
she/her
FR +19
@frozenpumpkin

My pleasure!
@frozenpumpkin

My pleasure!
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony Thank you so much for making this guide! :D I just wished I looked through more of these kinds of guides while I made my hatchery, since now I need to remake it. :/ If possible can you answer this one particular question about breeding charts? I'm not very sure what the size should be for my breeding cards in one post that contains about 14+ more breeding pairs. Is 500 x 480 ok? This is an example of what one will look like on the post: [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/Z0KGDoh.png[/img][/center] The last thing I need is for it to be so big that it overwhelms my customers @_@
@Acacophony
Thank you so much for making this guide! :D
I just wished I looked through more of these kinds of guides while I made my hatchery, since now I need to remake it. :/

If possible can you answer this one particular question about breeding charts? I'm not very sure what the size should be for my breeding cards in one post that contains about 14+ more breeding pairs. Is 500 x 480 ok?

This is an example of what one will look like on the post:
Z0KGDoh.png

The last thing I need is for it to be so big that it overwhelms my customers @_@
tumblr_ni8kpoZDfe1snuojro3_r3_500.gif
@AkiraByakuya
That looks like a good size to me. The ones I use are a little bigger, just off of the FR-Tools tumblr site. My only advice would be to adjust the font of the genes, as it is a little hard to read.
@AkiraByakuya
That looks like a good size to me. The ones I use are a little bigger, just off of the FR-Tools tumblr site. My only advice would be to adjust the font of the genes, as it is a little hard to read.
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@LexieTheDinosaur - just pinging myself so I don't lose this-- thank you for the guide!
@LexieTheDinosaur - just pinging myself so I don't lose this-- thank you for the guide!
nya7pg.jpg
^Currently closed until further notice
Posting so I can refer to this in the future. Thanks for introducing this to us @Acacophony ! I was always interested in producing beautiful dragons, and what the secrets were.
Posting so I can refer to this in the future. Thanks for introducing this to us @Acacophony ! I was always interested in producing beautiful dragons, and what the secrets were.
@Acacophony
thank you for the advice! :)
@Acacophony
thank you for the advice! :)
tumblr_ni8kpoZDfe1snuojro3_r3_500.gif
I've got two hatcheries I'm running. The first "WIP" is a hatchery for my dragons that make nice colors but aren't finished being gened the way I desire to. The second "Smoking Dragon" is dragons that have iri/shim/smoke. I was wondering if you could check them out and give some feedback?
I've got two hatcheries I'm running. The first "WIP" is a hatchery for my dragons that make nice colors but aren't finished being gened the way I desire to. The second "Smoking Dragon" is dragons that have iri/shim/smoke. I was wondering if you could check them out and give some feedback?
button.png raffle5.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14