Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] So You Want to Start a Hatchery
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
@Acacophony

Thank you for writing this! I'm looking for affiliates, and I'd like some feedback on my hatchery. My forum signature is a link to my hatchery. Thanks!
@Acacophony

Thank you for writing this! I'm looking for affiliates, and I'd like some feedback on my hatchery. My forum signature is a link to my hatchery. Thanks!
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
@Acacophony Would "anything goes" constitute a theme? Or mostly specific breeds in all different colors? I'm not sure what "theme" means.
@Acacophony Would "anything goes" constitute a theme? Or mostly specific breeds in all different colors? I'm not sure what "theme" means.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
@Spookykitty

"Anything Goes" doesn't really count as a theme. A theme just means that people have a good idea of what they will find in your hatchery. It helps buyers find what they're looking for. It can bee a color, a range of colors, a breed or two, specific genes, anything like that.

Some people have more broad themes like the circus or my own hatchery which is the FR festivals. Some people do animals or food.
@Spookykitty

"Anything Goes" doesn't really count as a theme. A theme just means that people have a good idea of what they will find in your hatchery. It helps buyers find what they're looking for. It can bee a color, a range of colors, a breed or two, specific genes, anything like that.

Some people have more broad themes like the circus or my own hatchery which is the FR festivals. Some people do animals or food.
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony Then my theme would most likely be Imperials and Skydancers in any color (with a few specialized pairs) with other pairs that are not the main attraction (ergo my Progens, soon to be gened.) As I will be running my hatchery with my friend @LoneWolfGamer, she'll probably have a specialization in a breed too.
@Acacophony Then my theme would most likely be Imperials and Skydancers in any color (with a few specialized pairs) with other pairs that are not the main attraction (ergo my Progens, soon to be gened.) As I will be running my hatchery with my friend @LoneWolfGamer, she'll probably have a specialization in a breed too.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
@Spookykitty
Sounds great to me! Would love to see the hatchery when it's up and running.
@Spookykitty
Sounds great to me! Would love to see the hatchery when it's up and running.
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony I shall certainly send you a link. My friend has decided on Wildclaws and Imperials :3
@Acacophony I shall certainly send you a link. My friend has decided on Wildclaws and Imperials :3
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
kQXO8qG.gif
Top.png
Call me Spooky!
UnsO1gz.png
Do you have any advice for renting out nests, and for studding dragons?

Also, this was really helpful so I'm going to ping myself for future reference. :3 @starwarped
Do you have any advice for renting out nests, and for studding dragons?

Also, this was really helpful so I'm going to ping myself for future reference. :3 @starwarped
@starwarped
Sorry! You didn't ping me so I didn't see this for awhile.

Anyway, I don't stud dragons myself, so I don't really have experience doing that. Some people like to get a collateral dragon from the person they're studding to, to ensure that their dragon doesn't get stolen.

I rent a lot of nests, and have never encountered problems with people refusing to give my dragons back. As for renting out nests, I like to do so for free in exchange for one of the other person's nests at a future date.
The standard nest rental fee, if you choose to charge one, is around 2500 treasure. There are a number of nest rental groups around FR you can join, with various rules and policies in place. Remember when you're renting out a nest to someone, particularly if you choose to do it for free or for trade, that the renter is putting a lot of trust in you to not steal their dragons. If they want collaterol in the form of another dragon, or treasure, be friendly and cooperative.

My experience has been that very few people (if anyone) on this site are out to take advantage of you.
@starwarped
Sorry! You didn't ping me so I didn't see this for awhile.

Anyway, I don't stud dragons myself, so I don't really have experience doing that. Some people like to get a collateral dragon from the person they're studding to, to ensure that their dragon doesn't get stolen.

I rent a lot of nests, and have never encountered problems with people refusing to give my dragons back. As for renting out nests, I like to do so for free in exchange for one of the other person's nests at a future date.
The standard nest rental fee, if you choose to charge one, is around 2500 treasure. There are a number of nest rental groups around FR you can join, with various rules and policies in place. Remember when you're renting out a nest to someone, particularly if you choose to do it for free or for trade, that the renter is putting a lot of trust in you to not steal their dragons. If they want collaterol in the form of another dragon, or treasure, be friendly and cooperative.

My experience has been that very few people (if anyone) on this site are out to take advantage of you.
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
Ok, thank you @Acacophony Sorry I forgot to ping you. It's ok though, because I haven't been on since I posted that. XD That was really helpful advice, thanks again!
Ok, thank you @Acacophony Sorry I forgot to ping you. It's ok though, because I haven't been on since I posted that. XD That was really helpful advice, thanks again!
Thank you so much for making this @Acacophony!!!
I just finished the basic layout of my hatchery and already have to babies for sale. Do you think the base price of 20,000 (excluding the prices of specific markings) is reasonable for Nocturnes? And can you become an affiliate of mine if your still active, I don't want to bump my hatchery thread because that can get annoying and am trying to get some customers lol ;).
Thank you so much for making this @Acacophony!!!
I just finished the basic layout of my hatchery and already have to babies for sale. Do you think the base price of 20,000 (excluding the prices of specific markings) is reasonable for Nocturnes? And can you become an affiliate of mine if your still active, I don't want to bump my hatchery thread because that can get annoying and am trying to get some customers lol ;).

Please @ping me when replying to me. Thanks!!

Merry Christmas!!
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14