Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [Guide] So You Want to Start a Hatchery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@Anuacyl
It looks good! I would suggest adding the explanation about the pinglists to the pinglist post, but other than that, it looks very well organized :)
@Anuacyl
It looks good! I would suggest adding the explanation about the pinglists to the pinglist post, but other than that, it looks very well organized :)
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony

Thanks so much for this guide! I've been wanting to start a hatchery, and have a little experience with photoshop type programs, but I still feel a little at a loss. Mostly I'm worried about dimensions of banners and breeding cards and how to do a banner in my sig that links to it. I've been looking for a guide that covers it, but haven't been able to find one.
@Acacophony

Thanks so much for this guide! I've been wanting to start a hatchery, and have a little experience with photoshop type programs, but I still feel a little at a loss. Mostly I'm worried about dimensions of banners and breeding cards and how to do a banner in my sig that links to it. I've been looking for a guide that covers it, but haven't been able to find one.
@Safaris
You can always take a screenshot of someone's breeding banners or thread headers. Personally I use fr-tools.tumblr.com to make all my stuff. It's a pretty simple tool, nothing fancy, but it works.

As far as inking it in your signature, it's fairly straight forward. Here is the code, just replace the (parenthesis) with [brackets] and put in the appropriate URL addresses.

(center)(url=hatcheryurl)(img)direct image link(/img)(/url)(/center)

For example, I've copy/pasted the code for my banner in my signature below but replaced the brackets with parenthesis.

(center)(url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=1204041)(img)https://33.media.tumblr.com/e748c3b2206134555cd54302e03669a9/tumblr_nd3ea0iB3Z1tfi5tto1_500.png(/img][/url)(/center)
@Safaris
You can always take a screenshot of someone's breeding banners or thread headers. Personally I use fr-tools.tumblr.com to make all my stuff. It's a pretty simple tool, nothing fancy, but it works.

As far as inking it in your signature, it's fairly straight forward. Here is the code, just replace the (parenthesis) with [brackets] and put in the appropriate URL addresses.

(center)(url=hatcheryurl)(img)direct image link(/img)(/url)(/center)

For example, I've copy/pasted the code for my banner in my signature below but replaced the brackets with parenthesis.

(center)(url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=1204041)(img)https://33.media.tumblr.com/e748c3b2206134555cd54302e03669a9/tumblr_nd3ea0iB3Z1tfi5tto1_500.png(/img][/url)(/center)
[TOOL] Another Dragon Pricing Calculator | [GUIDE] So You Want to Start a Hatchery 2 | [GUIDE] Sorneith Job Catalog | [A] Silverbow's Odds 'n Ends
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony

Oooooooh that makes sense. Like the links you can copy to post your dragons. Got it. Thanks :)

And yeah, I tried those tools but it felt too limited to me. I'm glad it's there because it's useful to lots of people. I just keep wanting it to do things it can't do so I need to just make my own.
@Acacophony

Oooooooh that makes sense. Like the links you can copy to post your dragons. Got it. Thanks :)

And yeah, I tried those tools but it felt too limited to me. I'm glad it's there because it's useful to lots of people. I just keep wanting it to do things it can't do so I need to just make my own.
@Hannawolf
@Hannawolf
this is super helpful, thanks for making it! I will definitely be referring to this if/when I start my hatchery ^u^
@Azoulas
this is super helpful, thanks for making it! I will definitely be referring to this if/when I start my hatchery ^u^
@Azoulas
tumblr_inline_njw5jjRGaO1qg2i5p.gif
@Acacophony
I THINK you mentioned this, but I want to be clear: How many nests should you have before starting a hatchery? I think I am ready, but I can afford more nests if I need them.
@Acacophony
I THINK you mentioned this, but I want to be clear: How many nests should you have before starting a hatchery? I think I am ready, but I can afford more nests if I need them.
@KairiDragoness

I never actually mentioned a number, I just said that you need multiple. It really depends on how big your breeding operation is. I would stick the money for more nests in your vault, and then try to start up with what you have. If you need more, you can just pull the money out and buy them. There's no waiting period for using new nests, so if you don't have the number you need when you open up, that's ok. :)
@KairiDragoness

I never actually mentioned a number, I just said that you need multiple. It really depends on how big your breeding operation is. I would stick the money for more nests in your vault, and then try to start up with what you have. If you need more, you can just pull the money out and buy them. There's no waiting period for using new nests, so if you don't have the number you need when you open up, that's ok. :)
-
Quinn
Xe/They pronouns
@Acacophony
Okay, thanks! I currently have like 12 pairs (most impulse buys), but only half of which are fully gened at the moment.
@Acacophony
Okay, thanks! I currently have like 12 pairs (most impulse buys), but only half of which are fully gened at the moment.
Huge help! Thank you! ~bump
Huge help! Thank you! ~bump
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14