Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem ratios EXPLAINED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Finnley

Well it's great you can claim to be such a great naturalist. But the thing is, you're not living in a hunter gatherer society, you're living in an age where basic math skills are a necessity. Not being able to calculate gem ratios on Flight Rising is the least of your problem. How are you going to be able to keep track of a basic checkbook? Maybe if the preppers end up right, you can give me a good ole "I told you so", but until then I strongly urge you to reconsider the importance of math instead of fantasizing about playing Hatchet or My Side of the Mountain in your imagination.

@Kalaina

I completely agree! It is so sad to see how people give themselves the impression that math is so hard that they can't do any of it, including basic arithmetic that primary school students should be able to do. It is really disheartening that people set themselves up to fail.
@Finnley

Well it's great you can claim to be such a great naturalist. But the thing is, you're not living in a hunter gatherer society, you're living in an age where basic math skills are a necessity. Not being able to calculate gem ratios on Flight Rising is the least of your problem. How are you going to be able to keep track of a basic checkbook? Maybe if the preppers end up right, you can give me a good ole "I told you so", but until then I strongly urge you to reconsider the importance of math instead of fantasizing about playing Hatchet or My Side of the Mountain in your imagination.

@Kalaina

I completely agree! It is so sad to see how people give themselves the impression that math is so hard that they can't do any of it, including basic arithmetic that primary school students should be able to do. It is really disheartening that people set themselves up to fail.
[LF] Female Ice Imp Low 6 digit - 50k gemsbiDj7CC.png
Ok, now people be trollin'...
Ok, now people be trollin'...
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
@Fishspeakers

It's simple. There are guides for that stuff which I, like this topic, I can easily follow, so I won't have any trouble keeping a check book. Now I also will not have as much trouble understanding the gem currency. People might need to point things like this out to me, but once they do I can remember it. Why is it wrong for them to do me that kindness?

I think you misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with math in itself. I didn't bunk ninth grade. I can do multiplication, divide by pi or whatever. That isn't my problem. My problem is that I fail to see the big picture when it comes to math and to think outside of what school taught me. I can do basic math, I just can't apply it to where other people easily can see the benefit of using it, because I don't see it in the first place.

But the thing is, you're not living in a hunter gatherer society, you're living in an age where basic math skills are a necessity.

You don't know where I live :) Maybe where I live, basic manners are more necessary than basic math? /totally not implying
@Fishspeakers

It's simple. There are guides for that stuff which I, like this topic, I can easily follow, so I won't have any trouble keeping a check book. Now I also will not have as much trouble understanding the gem currency. People might need to point things like this out to me, but once they do I can remember it. Why is it wrong for them to do me that kindness?

I think you misunderstand me. I don't have a problem with math in itself. I didn't bunk ninth grade. I can do multiplication, divide by pi or whatever. That isn't my problem. My problem is that I fail to see the big picture when it comes to math and to think outside of what school taught me. I can do basic math, I just can't apply it to where other people easily can see the benefit of using it, because I don't see it in the first place.

But the thing is, you're not living in a hunter gatherer society, you're living in an age where basic math skills are a necessity.

You don't know where I live :) Maybe where I live, basic manners are more necessary than basic math? /totally not implying
Ok, it has come to my attention that some people are getting hate mail because of all this. So I am going to delete this post in a bit and move it to the HELP forums, because, you know, I AM TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE. And I am encouraging anybody that has gotten spam or hate mail because of this to report it to the admins. Take screenshots and report it.

That is just not cool, people.

@Julia
@undecipher
@Hera
@Pisces
@Adrolien
@skyling
@finches
@clockworkMoose
@Cranberry
@Rot
@micahjaguar
@Vhale
@Kalemendrax
@Geophagus
@Septim
@fishspeakers
@GladeSong
@Kaentara
@Defekt
@Darketernity
@Kalaina
@Paladin
@Finnley
Ok, it has come to my attention that some people are getting hate mail because of all this. So I am going to delete this post in a bit and move it to the HELP forums, because, you know, I AM TRYING TO HELP PEOPLE. And I am encouraging anybody that has gotten spam or hate mail because of this to report it to the admins. Take screenshots and report it.

That is just not cool, people.

@Julia
@undecipher
@Hera
@Pisces
@Adrolien
@skyling
@finches
@clockworkMoose
@Cranberry
@Rot
@micahjaguar
@Vhale
@Kalemendrax
@Geophagus
@Septim
@fishspeakers
@GladeSong
@Kaentara
@Defekt
@Darketernity
@Kalaina
@Paladin
@Finnley
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
@fishspeakers y u do dis mang
@fishspeakers y u do dis mang
Thanks for the dominance offer, @benalene, and for being so nice and so patient! I really think it's a crying shame that your attempt to help people has been usurped by snotty trolls who find putting down others for their own entertainment more important than making sure other users can have a nice time on this site. You guys should seriously be ashamed of yourselves, especially if you really are sending hate mail.

This thread marks the first time I've ever had to use my blocklist, lol.
Thanks for the dominance offer, @benalene, and for being so nice and so patient! I really think it's a crying shame that your attempt to help people has been usurped by snotty trolls who find putting down others for their own entertainment more important than making sure other users can have a nice time on this site. You guys should seriously be ashamed of yourselves, especially if you really are sending hate mail.

This thread marks the first time I've ever had to use my blocklist, lol.
RLfLU0h.png
@benalene
I'd say leave it up. Rising autism and other factors in our society are going to make is more necessary that people learn to deal with others that don't think and act like they do. Unfortunately for some people, it's really hard to emphasize with others. And hate mail is GOING to happen. Anytime people see that something is different, one of the instinctive reactions is to attack it. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, it's what they do. But without a discussion, we can't move past that. And imo, that's also what mods are for.

There's an old saying, Evil only requires that good men do... nothing.
@benalene
I'd say leave it up. Rising autism and other factors in our society are going to make is more necessary that people learn to deal with others that don't think and act like they do. Unfortunately for some people, it's really hard to emphasize with others. And hate mail is GOING to happen. Anytime people see that something is different, one of the instinctive reactions is to attack it. Doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, it's what they do. But without a discussion, we can't move past that. And imo, that's also what mods are for.

There's an old saying, Evil only requires that good men do... nothing.
MS1.gifMS2.pngMS3.pngMS4.pngMS5.png
Threads not updated currently, art is FPO
Hate mail? Over this? Are you ******** me?

*** forums what has happened to you I don't even. Did you die? We can resurrect you! Someone get the dose of zombie virus before the corpse deteriorate beyond the point of saving! D:
Hate mail? Over this? Are you ******** me?

*** forums what has happened to you I don't even. Did you die? We can resurrect you! Someone get the dose of zombie virus before the corpse deteriorate beyond the point of saving! D:
Yeah. Hopefully when you move this, people will play nice. Sending 10+ messages of spam to me, and @Kaentara is irritating. I thought I suddenly was cool or something when I saw all of the notifications.
Just kidding.
Well, I am ready to move on.~

@Skyling, same here. Same. Here. Most users have been so amazingly nice on this site. Compared to Gaia and their cocky users, people have been welcoming and very kindly. Haha. I almost forgot that trolls lurk everywhere.
Yeah. Hopefully when you move this, people will play nice. Sending 10+ messages of spam to me, and @Kaentara is irritating. I thought I suddenly was cool or something when I saw all of the notifications.
Just kidding.
Well, I am ready to move on.~

@Skyling, same here. Same. Here. Most users have been so amazingly nice on this site. Compared to Gaia and their cocky users, people have been welcoming and very kindly. Haha. I almost forgot that trolls lurk everywhere.
@Vhale As an aspie, all I can say is 'ouch'. Lets not take it to the autism spectrum, please? This doesn't have anything to do with the number of autistic people, it has to do with the fact that completely neurotypical people also need to learn basic manners when interacting with others, and this happens when they forget what their parents taught them/should have taught them. ;)

I concur, though - it would be a shame to see this deleted :<
@Vhale As an aspie, all I can say is 'ouch'. Lets not take it to the autism spectrum, please? This doesn't have anything to do with the number of autistic people, it has to do with the fact that completely neurotypical people also need to learn basic manners when interacting with others, and this happens when they forget what their parents taught them/should have taught them. ;)

I concur, though - it would be a shame to see this deleted :<
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10