Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gem ratios EXPLAINED
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I think it was nice of you to make this thread, benalene. Yes, it's basic math, but some people struggle with that kind of thing, and if you can help them with a quick and simply-worded thread, why not?

I also don't understand why anyone would feel the need to come into this thread and condescend to people just because they might struggle with basic math. That's just as rude as if I were to follow Pisces around and correct all of the instances of "isnt" and "dont" in their posts because apostrophes are basic grammar and nobody should be making that mistake. ;)
I think it was nice of you to make this thread, benalene. Yes, it's basic math, but some people struggle with that kind of thing, and if you can help them with a quick and simply-worded thread, why not?

I also don't understand why anyone would feel the need to come into this thread and condescend to people just because they might struggle with basic math. That's just as rude as if I were to follow Pisces around and correct all of the instances of "isnt" and "dont" in their posts because apostrophes are basic grammar and nobody should be making that mistake. ;)
fistbump @Cranberry
fistbump @Cranberry
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
@clockworkMoose
Exactly! Part of the reason I made this post wasn't just to explain "basic math", but also to give some insight into the nuances of the game. Seems like I have maybe exposed a secret that people didn't want me to expose ;)

And when I first started, I sold everything for treasure, but now with gem ratios going up so fast, I am selling everything for gems.

The more you know!
@clockworkMoose
Exactly! Part of the reason I made this post wasn't just to explain "basic math", but also to give some insight into the nuances of the game. Seems like I have maybe exposed a secret that people didn't want me to expose ;)

And when I first started, I sold everything for treasure, but now with gem ratios going up so fast, I am selling everything for gems.

The more you know!
ACCENT SHOP 9Y3Cg0F.gif Be excellent to each other.
@Cranberry

*hugs*
@Cranberry

*hugs*
thanks for this thread, @benalene!
it's super helpful.
thanks for this thread, @benalene!
it's super helpful.
Vxr4Vdv.gif
@Rot

Glad I could help! ^-^
@Rot

Glad I could help! ^-^
The ratio thing is basic math, yes. The application of it to the sale of dragons in order to profit off gem sales, though, is a business matter... and many people aren't conversant with business and have no head for it.

Business isn't taught in grade school, either, so far fewer people are going to think through the implications of it than can work the ratios. (In fact, it might not have occurred to some of the people selling the dragons for gems, either.)
The ratio thing is basic math, yes. The application of it to the sale of dragons in order to profit off gem sales, though, is a business matter... and many people aren't conversant with business and have no head for it.

Business isn't taught in grade school, either, so far fewer people are going to think through the implications of it than can work the ratios. (In fact, it might not have occurred to some of the people selling the dragons for gems, either.)
Traveling Wind Clan! We have toured every Flight in Sornieth!
We completed our round-the-world tour on July 6th, 2020 and are once again home in Wind!

Previous Visits: Wind, Earth, Light, Shadow, Nature, Arcane, Ice, Fire, Water, Lightning, Plague
I think it's a nice thought. I work with a fellow who is a nice guy, but multi tasking and math causes him to freak out. And when he freaks out, it all goes downhill. Might be autism or some such. My only concern is that if he saw a phrase such as ripping people off he'd latch onto a very negative view for possibly no reason. I know as fast as the gem market has been fluctuating I don't update my hatchery thread that fast. So I'd hate for someone to see an old ratio up top and just assume the worst. Just a though anyhow, that you might consider your phrasing there a bit further.

It also makes me think a tiny gem ratio line in my entry post might be useful.
I think it's a nice thought. I work with a fellow who is a nice guy, but multi tasking and math causes him to freak out. And when he freaks out, it all goes downhill. Might be autism or some such. My only concern is that if he saw a phrase such as ripping people off he'd latch onto a very negative view for possibly no reason. I know as fast as the gem market has been fluctuating I don't update my hatchery thread that fast. So I'd hate for someone to see an old ratio up top and just assume the worst. Just a though anyhow, that you might consider your phrasing there a bit further.

It also makes me think a tiny gem ratio line in my entry post might be useful.
MS1.gifMS2.pngMS3.pngMS4.pngMS5.png
Threads not updated currently, art is FPO
@benalene You have indeed revealed a concept many here use to abuse and amass huge profits. I salute this post and hope many read it and understand it in the way you explained it.

Might start to curb the horrible rise in gem prices if people are more aware of the system thats being used.
@benalene You have indeed revealed a concept many here use to abuse and amass huge profits. I salute this post and hope many read it and understand it in the way you explained it.

Might start to curb the horrible rise in gem prices if people are more aware of the system thats being used.
@Kalemendrax

No one is abusing the system by making a profit off treasure:gem ratios. Its just as much a way to play the game as any other. And no one is being cheated out of money by people doing so.

The rise in gem prices are completely natural and to be expected, and will keep going up and there isn't anything wrong with that. They are bought with real money after all.

Your post makes it sound like some great conspiracy, but it really isnt
@Kalemendrax

No one is abusing the system by making a profit off treasure:gem ratios. Its just as much a way to play the game as any other. And no one is being cheated out of money by people doing so.

The rise in gem prices are completely natural and to be expected, and will keep going up and there isn't anything wrong with that. They are bought with real money after all.

Your post makes it sound like some great conspiracy, but it really isnt
Please @ping me if you would like a response. I don't check the forums often

EARTHSHAKER_sig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10