Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | totally bummed
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Rhya

Yeah, I just saw this post, and I understand that it wasn't intentional to make the bug/exploit worse. I don't blame them for that. But I still feel with all the bugs (which there are a lot, not just the treasure bug), the site should have been taken down for maintenance before. Like, I totally understand that our coders need to sleep and stuff. ^^; But I am just one of those people who is like 'Look at all these issues... can the site just go down for a while? Let them take their time and fix things right.' I feel like they should probably just put the site in maintenance mode like they did with the last exploit. It sucked that the site was down for days, but at least no one had to deal with a rollback or lost items. :C
@Rhya

Yeah, I just saw this post, and I understand that it wasn't intentional to make the bug/exploit worse. I don't blame them for that. But I still feel with all the bugs (which there are a lot, not just the treasure bug), the site should have been taken down for maintenance before. Like, I totally understand that our coders need to sleep and stuff. ^^; But I am just one of those people who is like 'Look at all these issues... can the site just go down for a while? Let them take their time and fix things right.' I feel like they should probably just put the site in maintenance mode like they did with the last exploit. It sucked that the site was down for days, but at least no one had to deal with a rollback or lost items. :C
One thing that I believe is often overlooked, is that the admins had thought Flight Rising to be something of a hobby on their end, not the equivalent of a full time job. They have said multiple times they were expecting a maximum of a few hundred concurrent users at once, not two thousand or more. I can only imagine the amount of overwhelming things they have to deal with, from the messages and emails, to the general public relations work, to even trying to hammer out milliseconds worth of time in code to reduce loading times. As has been stated, I'm sure it does effect the admins overall more than it does us. This is a project they've been planning for years on end; and it's quite likely they're not completely sure how to handle everything happening. I, just like everyone else, do get frustrated with lag, games not working, Coliseum 'sploding and all the other little issues. When Flight Rising was new we had a very supportive community; during the taking advantage of an exploit during the Brightshine when the game was down for days, the Admins were showered in sympathy and told to make sure they get rest and sleep. These guys do try, and I'd be willing to bet they try pretty hard, as well. Every bug, every hiccup and every glitch is something that teaches everyone and can help all of us, player and administrator, grow and learn.

Also, no, I'm really not trying to kiss up to the admins. They probably won't even see this post. I just feel bad for them because they seemingly get so much rage regardless of what they do. Personally, I'd find that very discouraging, but they seem to be handling it well enough and even continue to interact with players despite being very busy, and are friendly and nice. I think that is commendable.

Afterthought edit;
Also, there have been bugs with Flight Rising for a long time; Xahz himself had said he was attempting to figure out why treasure was disappearing. The duping issue was mostly unreported on; compared to how many people were talking of money vanishing, they had been focused on that and in that situation it's best to try and identify what happens while the server is under load. It seemed as soon as they became aware of the duping issue, they took the game down. There's only three Admins, and they live in different places and have personal lives. It's not realistic to expect them to all be able to communicate at all times and know every issue being reported in the forums.
One thing that I believe is often overlooked, is that the admins had thought Flight Rising to be something of a hobby on their end, not the equivalent of a full time job. They have said multiple times they were expecting a maximum of a few hundred concurrent users at once, not two thousand or more. I can only imagine the amount of overwhelming things they have to deal with, from the messages and emails, to the general public relations work, to even trying to hammer out milliseconds worth of time in code to reduce loading times. As has been stated, I'm sure it does effect the admins overall more than it does us. This is a project they've been planning for years on end; and it's quite likely they're not completely sure how to handle everything happening. I, just like everyone else, do get frustrated with lag, games not working, Coliseum 'sploding and all the other little issues. When Flight Rising was new we had a very supportive community; during the taking advantage of an exploit during the Brightshine when the game was down for days, the Admins were showered in sympathy and told to make sure they get rest and sleep. These guys do try, and I'd be willing to bet they try pretty hard, as well. Every bug, every hiccup and every glitch is something that teaches everyone and can help all of us, player and administrator, grow and learn.

Also, no, I'm really not trying to kiss up to the admins. They probably won't even see this post. I just feel bad for them because they seemingly get so much rage regardless of what they do. Personally, I'd find that very discouraging, but they seem to be handling it well enough and even continue to interact with players despite being very busy, and are friendly and nice. I think that is commendable.

Afterthought edit;
Also, there have been bugs with Flight Rising for a long time; Xahz himself had said he was attempting to figure out why treasure was disappearing. The duping issue was mostly unreported on; compared to how many people were talking of money vanishing, they had been focused on that and in that situation it's best to try and identify what happens while the server is under load. It seemed as soon as they became aware of the duping issue, they took the game down. There's only three Admins, and they live in different places and have personal lives. It's not realistic to expect them to all be able to communicate at all times and know every issue being reported in the forums.
ilvdhl.jpg
I know I didn't lose much from the rollback, just 100 gems, a familiar, 60k treasure, a handful of battle items and food, and an update I made to one of my sales threads, but that and all of the lag and maintenance time being put into this game is upsetting me greatly. I can't imagine how horrible those who lost dragons, egg clutches, and Specialty items feel.

The lag is making me want to go on hiatus. And the unannounced downtime is ******* me off, especially since we've had so many rollbacks in the short time this site has been open to the public.

So I might leave if this keeps up.

Deepest condolences to those who lost more important things than I did.
I know I didn't lose much from the rollback, just 100 gems, a familiar, 60k treasure, a handful of battle items and food, and an update I made to one of my sales threads, but that and all of the lag and maintenance time being put into this game is upsetting me greatly. I can't imagine how horrible those who lost dragons, egg clutches, and Specialty items feel.

The lag is making me want to go on hiatus. And the unannounced downtime is ******* me off, especially since we've had so many rollbacks in the short time this site has been open to the public.

So I might leave if this keeps up.

Deepest condolences to those who lost more important things than I did.
tumblr_inline_mvq1f4vGeB1qzt4nm.png
I bought the perfect, gened mate for my spiral yesterday and lost him :...( I had gotten so attached to the little guy already. Besides, anything like him is probably going to be more expensive next time, and I didn't even get back the money I paid for him, because I earned half of it yesterday. I'm really not motivated to work on regaining any of it, who knows how long I get to keepo it this time around? Hugely, hugely ******. *kickscarepackage*
I bought the perfect, gened mate for my spiral yesterday and lost him :...( I had gotten so attached to the little guy already. Besides, anything like him is probably going to be more expensive next time, and I didn't even get back the money I paid for him, because I earned half of it yesterday. I'm really not motivated to work on regaining any of it, who knows how long I get to keepo it this time around? Hugely, hugely ******. *kickscarepackage*
Yeah let's say that at the most basic, you lost some gathering turns, a few games, and a bit of coli. for me that was about 10-11k. now everything goes down and gets rolled back, and what do you get? a bit of food, a chest, and 5k. Okay so my chest gave me 6k and 15 gems. For me, someone who'd barely been able to get on that day, I broke even.

But for a lot of people they DIDN'T break even. they lost a **** ton of money. So really should anybody be cooing about "oh don't blame the adminnnnnnnns"? Hell no. when things break, and have been breaking solidly for three weeks, and all because one of the core reasons is that the admins didn't seriously take into account how many people this game could draw... yeah it's fundamentally the admins' fault. You don't just make it so a person loses out or "breaks even". You give them something to say how you understand your pain.

They can afford to have that many chests floating in the game, because it'd be a perfect countermeasure to how balls hard it is to make money right now, it'd even things out for server problems, and just how the game is an unrewarding grind right now, EVEN when it loads.

But they didn't. And on top of that, I've been seeing rant posts suddenly not exist anymore. I was on one last night before the second downtime, and it went from two pages to just plain not there. I really hope that the original poster just chickened the hell out and deleted it, because otherwise? That's a serious problem.
Yeah let's say that at the most basic, you lost some gathering turns, a few games, and a bit of coli. for me that was about 10-11k. now everything goes down and gets rolled back, and what do you get? a bit of food, a chest, and 5k. Okay so my chest gave me 6k and 15 gems. For me, someone who'd barely been able to get on that day, I broke even.

But for a lot of people they DIDN'T break even. they lost a **** ton of money. So really should anybody be cooing about "oh don't blame the adminnnnnnnns"? Hell no. when things break, and have been breaking solidly for three weeks, and all because one of the core reasons is that the admins didn't seriously take into account how many people this game could draw... yeah it's fundamentally the admins' fault. You don't just make it so a person loses out or "breaks even". You give them something to say how you understand your pain.

They can afford to have that many chests floating in the game, because it'd be a perfect countermeasure to how balls hard it is to make money right now, it'd even things out for server problems, and just how the game is an unrewarding grind right now, EVEN when it loads.

But they didn't. And on top of that, I've been seeing rant posts suddenly not exist anymore. I was on one last night before the second downtime, and it went from two pages to just plain not there. I really hope that the original poster just chickened the hell out and deleted it, because otherwise? That's a serious problem.
I guess I'm one of the success stories. Yeah I lost the trade I made swapping a Static Chest for a Reactive one. Yeah I lost some sprockets and treasure earned in the coliseum. And yes, I lost the two imperials that I bred yesterday.

But I found another Static chest in my gathers this morning and when I rebred my imperial I got an extra egg and mostly nicer colors. I will miss that lemon tiger/orange female though...she was the PERFECT fire flight imp.
I guess I'm one of the success stories. Yeah I lost the trade I made swapping a Static Chest for a Reactive one. Yeah I lost some sprockets and treasure earned in the coliseum. And yes, I lost the two imperials that I bred yesterday.

But I found another Static chest in my gathers this morning and when I rebred my imperial I got an extra egg and mostly nicer colors. I will miss that lemon tiger/orange female though...she was the PERFECT fire flight imp.
2q035vp.jpg
The chest I got from the stupid cp disapeared and didnt give me anything. I am extremely upset that they gave us 5k some food, and a chest. Thats probably going to make people more mad. I love that they fixed the site with the rollback, but how is 5k worth time from our lives? We used time in our lives on the site, and its taken away. And we get enough treasure to buy an ugly starter. A chest that holds nothing valuable, unless you are extremely lucky. Bascially, I easted hours of my lfie for nothing.

Im going to go back to watch DW and contiune writing fanfiction... It hellps me calm down.

Actually, danisnotonfire. He has teribble life stories that make me feel better. <3
The chest I got from the stupid cp disapeared and didnt give me anything. I am extremely upset that they gave us 5k some food, and a chest. Thats probably going to make people more mad. I love that they fixed the site with the rollback, but how is 5k worth time from our lives? We used time in our lives on the site, and its taken away. And we get enough treasure to buy an ugly starter. A chest that holds nothing valuable, unless you are extremely lucky. Bascially, I easted hours of my lfie for nothing.

Im going to go back to watch DW and contiune writing fanfiction... It hellps me calm down.

Actually, danisnotonfire. He has teribble life stories that make me feel better. <3
they/them
I really didn&#039;t lose anything, but my deepest sympathies to those who did.

If the server rolled back this instant, I would lose over 100K of coli grinding (granted, it&#039;s really not a lot of work, but that would still make me furious, especially since I only need 220K total for something that I deem invaluable).
I really didn&#039;t lose anything, but my deepest sympathies to those who did.

If the server rolled back this instant, I would lose over 100K of coli grinding (granted, it&#039;s really not a lot of work, but that would still make me furious, especially since I only need 220K total for something that I deem invaluable).
I&#039;m so glad I couldn&#039;t get on with the rollback. I feel sorry for all of you, take my feels. <3
I&#039;m so glad I couldn&#039;t get on with the rollback. I feel sorry for all of you, take my feels. <3
I&#039;m so sorry for all of you. You all have my deepest sympathy and I am glad that I wasn&#039;t able to log in that day... Though I did miss a whole day of gameplay, including all of my gathering turns and such... but nothing compared to the millions that some lost all thanks to some rotten scumbags that decided to exploit the site and make others suffer.
What needed to be done for the few came before the best interests of the many.
I&#039;m so sorry for all of you. You all have my deepest sympathy and I am glad that I wasn&#039;t able to log in that day... Though I did miss a whole day of gameplay, including all of my gathering turns and such... but nothing compared to the millions that some lost all thanks to some rotten scumbags that decided to exploit the site and make others suffer.
What needed to be done for the few came before the best interests of the many.
690328pathtotruth2.pngiiOPF3M.png
1 2 3 4 5 6