Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | totally bummed
1 2 3 4 5 6
I completely agree with Kahlua. I get that it is a new site and to be perfectly fair the admins seems like they care a lot about the sire and seem to be working hard. However, after 2-3 weeks of extremely poor performance server side to have everyone who did anything in an almost 8 hour time gap just snapped away because they didnt want to go through and see who exploited .. well really *****. After not being able to coliseum more often than not, not being able to cap out treasure in fairgrounds in who knows how long (Hundreds of thousands of treasure lost), because of site issues that are just getting worse is getting sad at this point.

Then we get thrown 5k treasure, a tiny bit of food and a chest to compensate? It is exactly like your job having a computer error, losing track of 80% of your hours worked, but buying you dinner to compensate.

At this point Im contemplating why I still play as those that have imperials now or were able to buy breed scrolls while the site functioned will be laughing all the way to the bank over most players for months.
I completely agree with Kahlua. I get that it is a new site and to be perfectly fair the admins seems like they care a lot about the sire and seem to be working hard. However, after 2-3 weeks of extremely poor performance server side to have everyone who did anything in an almost 8 hour time gap just snapped away because they didnt want to go through and see who exploited .. well really *****. After not being able to coliseum more often than not, not being able to cap out treasure in fairgrounds in who knows how long (Hundreds of thousands of treasure lost), because of site issues that are just getting worse is getting sad at this point.

Then we get thrown 5k treasure, a tiny bit of food and a chest to compensate? It is exactly like your job having a computer error, losing track of 80% of your hours worked, but buying you dinner to compensate.

At this point Im contemplating why I still play as those that have imperials now or were able to buy breed scrolls while the site functioned will be laughing all the way to the bank over most players for months.
@KahluaLiqueur
Please explain how you "roll back" just the people's accounts who exploit the glitch when they dupe money and immediately use it to buy things from innocent people? They don't just make piles of money and lay on it like Smaug; they spend it. It becomes very widespread very quickly. We, unknowingly, re-spend their ill-gotten gains none the wiser, and it just snowballs from there and becomes site-wide very quickly.
It reaches the point where you have to sort it out manually, withdraw the money, resend peoples bought items or we loose them.
Even when there is a digital trail (and I assume there is) it's just a massive spiderweb and there is no magical undo button that can be programed to cover something that extensive or complex.

The annoying matter is it is never so simple and this is the third time FR users have been hurt by other users exploiting the game and the admin's playing catch-up.

It sucks, and it sucks for everyone.
I'm especially sorry for everyone who lost large clutches, or lovely hatchlings, loosing them is an unfortunate side-effect of having to roll-back to remove all the money from the system. I wish the egg/hatching thing was somehow on a different restore point, not that it makes sense, but in hindsight it might be a good idea to make different restore points for different data.

But I'm also sorry at the amount of rage the staff have had to endure over their choice to roll back rather than leave who knows how much excess treasure in an already broken economy.

I'm angry at the people who chose to abuse an obvious exploit, as if there wouldn't be consequences, rather than report privately via PM or e-mail an admin/mod and just do the right thing. I seriously hope they are IP banned for this ****, as ineffective as that is.
@KahluaLiqueur
Please explain how you "roll back" just the people's accounts who exploit the glitch when they dupe money and immediately use it to buy things from innocent people? They don't just make piles of money and lay on it like Smaug; they spend it. It becomes very widespread very quickly. We, unknowingly, re-spend their ill-gotten gains none the wiser, and it just snowballs from there and becomes site-wide very quickly.
It reaches the point where you have to sort it out manually, withdraw the money, resend peoples bought items or we loose them.
Even when there is a digital trail (and I assume there is) it's just a massive spiderweb and there is no magical undo button that can be programed to cover something that extensive or complex.

The annoying matter is it is never so simple and this is the third time FR users have been hurt by other users exploiting the game and the admin's playing catch-up.

It sucks, and it sucks for everyone.
I'm especially sorry for everyone who lost large clutches, or lovely hatchlings, loosing them is an unfortunate side-effect of having to roll-back to remove all the money from the system. I wish the egg/hatching thing was somehow on a different restore point, not that it makes sense, but in hindsight it might be a good idea to make different restore points for different data.

But I'm also sorry at the amount of rage the staff have had to endure over their choice to roll back rather than leave who knows how much excess treasure in an already broken economy.

I'm angry at the people who chose to abuse an obvious exploit, as if there wouldn't be consequences, rather than report privately via PM or e-mail an admin/mod and just do the right thing. I seriously hope they are IP banned for this ****, as ineffective as that is.
[quote name="KahluaLiqueur" date="2013-07-25 17:41:43" url="main.php?p=mb&board=frd&page=1&id=707185#707327"]I really feel for all of you who have hatched THE perfect dragons or bought great dragons today, only to have it ganked away like that. Like dust that was blown away to the wind. I mean, I lost 50k, yeah. I lost all of my gathering turns and the Lightning Egg that had the coolest looking Mirror I've seen yet -- from an egg, anyhow. I was about to buy my Ridgeback scroll when I was suddenly booted and saw the "maintenance" thing pop up. But this is kind of grinding my gears, cause all those people who have had more than me lost it all. Plus I'm running a Gene raffle all week, and that's been going badly due to all the site bugs and down times. Lot's of people are losing time they can't get back. Sure, it's a digital pet site, but people have poured real money into this place. They can give us a flimsy 5k, some food, and a golden chest, but what about THAT? You can't give us back real money. Nope. The "care package" feels more like throwing a penny at a poor man and telling him to go buy himself something nice. Salt in the wound, to say. Breedings, gathering turns, dragon's that may have been bought that were perfect, trades, exchanges, all of that. POOF! To be honest, I'm really upset about the rollback ordeal. People on Tumblr are pissed as high hell that it came to this. Yes, maybe it had to be done, but it probably wouldn't have if there was a better transaction tracker in place, where they could simply rollback individuals who exploited the glitch instead of punishing the whole site. I'm really wondering what the heck all the money that I and many other people that have been putting into this site through gems (and their kickstarter funds) is going to, to let bugs and coding get this bad. I would think that from the start they would have set up adequate server space and run thorough checks to be able to handle 2000+ users at a time. With each "Server update" things only have been getting worst, mostly. This site certainly isn't getting a part of my paycheck for quite some time until they are able to smooth things out WAY better. Apologies for the rant, but I am not happy dragon parent right now. As I am sure many others aren't as well.[/quote] It does feel like salt in the wounds. Everything I worked for is gone, everything that made me forget how pathetic my real life is at the moment is gone. I just wish it didn't have to be like this. I'm so upset that I lost what I've lost I just noticed i even lost my money. I'm just tired now, i'm tired of it all. 5k isn't going to make anything better.
I really feel for all of you who have hatched THE perfect dragons or bought great dragons today, only to have it ganked away like that. Like dust that was blown away to the wind.

I mean, I lost 50k, yeah. I lost all of my gathering turns and the Lightning Egg that had the coolest looking Mirror I've seen yet -- from an egg, anyhow. I was about to buy my Ridgeback scroll when I was suddenly booted and saw the "maintenance" thing pop up. But this is kind of grinding my gears, cause all those people who have had more than me lost it all. Plus I'm running a Gene raffle all week, and that's been going badly due to all the site bugs and down times. Lot's of people are losing time they can't get back.

Sure, it's a digital pet site, but people have poured real money into this place. They can give us a flimsy 5k, some food, and a golden chest, but what about THAT? You can't give us back real money. Nope. The "care package" feels more like throwing a penny at a poor man and telling him to go buy himself something nice. Salt in the wound, to say. Breedings, gathering turns, dragon's that may have been bought that were perfect, trades, exchanges, all of that. POOF!

To be honest, I'm really upset about the rollback ordeal. People on Tumblr are ****** as high hell that it came to this. Yes, maybe it had to be done, but it probably wouldn't have if there was a better transaction tracker in place, where they could simply rollback individuals who exploited the glitch instead of punishing the whole site.

I'm really wondering what the heck all the money that I and many other people that have been putting into this site through gems (and their kickstarter funds) is going to, to let bugs and coding get this bad. I would think that from the start they would have set up adequate server space and run thorough checks to be able to handle 2000+ users at a time. With each "Server update" things only have been getting worst, mostly. This site certainly isn't getting a part of my paycheck for quite some time until they are able to smooth things out WAY better.

Apologies for the rant, but I am not happy dragon parent right now. As I am sure many others aren't as well.

It does feel like salt in the wounds. Everything I worked for is gone, everything that made me forget how pathetic my real life is at the moment is gone. I just wish it didn't have to be like this. I'm so upset that I lost what I've lost I just noticed i even lost my money. I'm just tired now, i'm tired of it all. 5k isn't going to make anything better.
50K lost, a Lightning Egg just gone, and both my ImpxWild pairings (+all my other dragons) have been rolled back another day. Yeah, I'm bloody ******.

Time and money just down the drain. This is not acceptable. To make it worse, the care package is more of like a punch to the face. 5K? A chest? A bit of food? That's really going to make up for countless missing dragons, money, nests with less eggs, and a whole day added onto cooldowns? Yeah... /end
50K lost, a Lightning Egg just gone, and both my ImpxWild pairings (+all my other dragons) have been rolled back another day. Yeah, I'm bloody ******.

Time and money just down the drain. This is not acceptable. To make it worse, the care package is more of like a punch to the face. 5K? A chest? A bit of food? That's really going to make up for countless missing dragons, money, nests with less eggs, and a whole day added onto cooldowns? Yeah... /end
ll_zpse988f0d9.png
i lost a 4 egg nest of the most beautiful little imperial babies. and when i rebreed them. it will not be the same. I'm extremely upset too and may be leaving the site because of it. I don't know yet if I'm going to for sure, but im leaning towards leaving. Very very upset.
i lost a 4 egg nest of the most beautiful little imperial babies. and when i rebreed them. it will not be the same. I'm extremely upset too and may be leaving the site because of it. I don't know yet if I'm going to for sure, but im leaning towards leaving. Very very upset.
my_flight_rising_forum_signature_by_theparasiticbandaid-d6ajsgz.png
@paintedwings
I lost a nest of 4 eggs too 3 of which were imps all gorgeous coals. :/ it's pretty damn painful. and I'm really ****** about the little junk i was given that was suppose to make me feel better about it.
@paintedwings
I lost a nest of 4 eggs too 3 of which were imps all gorgeous coals. :/ it's pretty damn painful. and I'm really ****** about the little junk i was given that was suppose to make me feel better about it.
@PotatoPI yep, it sucks something terrible. we wait a month to breed them, excitedly breed and get a good nest, then it is stolen away.... to add insult to injury, a day has been added to the breeding cool down and we can't even see how our second chances go.
@PotatoPI yep, it sucks something terrible. we wait a month to breed them, excitedly breed and get a good nest, then it is stolen away.... to add insult to injury, a day has been added to the breeding cool down and we can't even see how our second chances go.
@paintedwings

Pretty much. and then all the money i had is gone and I get thrown 5k to make up for everything. :/ to make up for my hatchlings, and my familiars i got today. everything gone. The cooldowns just burn me up, we can't even find out if we get our 4 egg nests again. which I hope we do but I'm not holding my breathe. I'll miss my Coal/carmine hatchling, why bother trying to get somewhere when it can so easily be taken away?
I'm so close to just leaving and never coming back, why should I pour my heart into something, only to have it taken away? I thought this place was going to be fun, but now? now I've been proven wrong time and time again.
@paintedwings

Pretty much. and then all the money i had is gone and I get thrown 5k to make up for everything. :/ to make up for my hatchlings, and my familiars i got today. everything gone. The cooldowns just burn me up, we can't even find out if we get our 4 egg nests again. which I hope we do but I'm not holding my breathe. I'll miss my Coal/carmine hatchling, why bother trying to get somewhere when it can so easily be taken away?
I'm so close to just leaving and never coming back, why should I pour my heart into something, only to have it taken away? I thought this place was going to be fun, but now? now I've been proven wrong time and time again.
@PotatoPI oddly enough, my imperial nests switched their amounts. the nest that had 4 before now has 3, and the nest that had 2 before now has 4. im kinda disappointed still because the hatchlings didn't come out anything like the ones i had before... and all 7 hatchlings were male this time X.x ANNDDD they all look like basic colored starters which is really irritating me.
@PotatoPI oddly enough, my imperial nests switched their amounts. the nest that had 4 before now has 3, and the nest that had 2 before now has 4. im kinda disappointed still because the hatchlings didn't come out anything like the ones i had before... and all 7 hatchlings were male this time X.x ANNDDD they all look like basic colored starters which is really irritating me.
@paintedwings

:C sorry to hear that. I haven't found out what hatchlings i've got. since I don't think the person is on that hold my Wildclaw.
@paintedwings

:C sorry to hear that. I haven't found out what hatchlings i've got. since I don't think the person is on that hold my Wildclaw.
1 2 3 4 5 6