Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | breed changing spensy dragons
i've been slowly acquiring various dragons for gene projects, and i'm really excited about all of them, but also... does anyone else feel bad when they breedchange a dragon to a much less expensive breed? one of the dragons i have i'm planning to change from a wildclaw to a mirror, and like... i know she was going to be fodder anyway but i still feel bad about it somehow. then again one of my hobbies is finding things to feel guilty about so
i've been slowly acquiring various dragons for gene projects, and i'm really excited about all of them, but also... does anyone else feel bad when they breedchange a dragon to a much less expensive breed? one of the dragons i have i'm planning to change from a wildclaw to a mirror, and like... i know she was going to be fodder anyway but i still feel bad about it somehow. then again one of my hobbies is finding things to feel guilty about so
A brown Xenopus frog looking up with cute green eyes, accented with 'Lil Bud' in green text and a tiny green heart. Agender (Agender flag)
Any Pronoun (Agender flag)
Pan (Pan flag)
Polyamorous (Polyamorous flag)
Queerplatonic (Queerplatonic flag)
ADHD (ADHD flag)
System (Ampersand symbol)
Blaseball (baseball image)
Seedling (nature icon)
only with imperials, i can save enough money for a wildclaw but i could never revert it to an imperial. i'm not sure if i ever actually changed a dragon's breed from imperial because of that
only with imperials, i can save enough money for a wildclaw but i could never revert it to an imperial. i'm not sure if i ever actually changed a dragon's breed from imperial because of that
Accent: Jelliecatcher (Pearlcatcher Female)
Auction: Antique/Beige/Cream G1
i certainly feel that way a little bit whenever i think about breed-changing imperials, cause if i ever change my mind and be like "oh well they looked better as an imp actually" or thoughts similar to that then it would literally be IMPOSSIBLE to change them back
i certainly feel that way a little bit whenever i think about breed-changing imperials, cause if i ever change my mind and be like "oh well they looked better as an imp actually" or thoughts similar to that then it would literally be IMPOSSIBLE to change them back
o1jrXWY.png
Nah. There's a ton of dragons on the site so there's no reason to be particular about a breed-change.

As Akesi said, the only breed I hesitate to swap away from is Imperial, but Imps aren't my fav so I don't end up buying or breeding a lot of them anyway.
Nah. There's a ton of dragons on the site so there's no reason to be particular about a breed-change.

As Akesi said, the only breed I hesitate to swap away from is Imperial, but Imps aren't my fav so I don't end up buying or breeding a lot of them anyway.
Need a Dragon Bio? Check out my Lore Shop!
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.png
Nope. If I wanna breed change them they get that scroll. Unless I wanna make them sn imp, that just straight up requires a breeding project
Nope. If I wanna breed change them they get that scroll. Unless I wanna make them sn imp, that just straight up requires a breeding project
wUPafb6.png
RGeeKht.pngdeathseeker_caw_inv_zpsxpt2usp7.gif
I only hesitate if it's been a perma for a while and I think "What if I ever want to go back to their old look?" If it's a new dragon I purchased for a project, I have no attachment to their current appearance so it's fine.
I only hesitate if it's been a perma for a while and I think "What if I ever want to go back to their old look?" If it's a new dragon I purchased for a project, I have no attachment to their current appearance so it's fine.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
I had a bunch of WCs and Coatl that I changed into Fathoms. Slightly uncomfortable, but manageable. But turning ancients into a modern breed? That really bothered me.

And yeah, I had a lovely Imp once, one of my first and favourite dragons back in the day. For some reason I had decided to change her into an Obelisk one day and I still regret that. I still think about her every now and then...
I had a bunch of WCs and Coatl that I changed into Fathoms. Slightly uncomfortable, but manageable. But turning ancients into a modern breed? That really bothered me.

And yeah, I had a lovely Imp once, one of my first and favourite dragons back in the day. For some reason I had decided to change her into an Obelisk one day and I still regret that. I still think about her every now and then...
Same here with what achaius said! Sometimes I even buy dragons already knowing I'm going to breed change them so it's no issue for me :] And I'm not an imperial person so I've got no issue changing them. They're unfortunately probably the most common breed I change </3 Tho imps are pretty popular and plentiful (probably why I incidentally come across them for my projects so often) so it's not that difficult to find new ones that are similar for those that like them!
Same here with what achaius said! Sometimes I even buy dragons already knowing I'm going to breed change them so it's no issue for me :] And I'm not an imperial person so I've got no issue changing them. They're unfortunately probably the most common breed I change </3 Tho imps are pretty popular and plentiful (probably why I incidentally come across them for my projects so often) so it's not that difficult to find new ones that are similar for those that like them!
I only hesitate if it's a G1 or an imp.
I only hesitate if it's a G1 or an imp.
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
Nah, I've breedchanged a bunch of imps to fathoms.
Nah, I've breedchanged a bunch of imps to fathoms.
p5Q2IRk.png
English is not my native language