Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Not Having fun :T
Hello! I'm a New player of this game. I found out this game by some friends in another game.
And honestly, despite being new. I don't really like this game. I find it kinda boring. There isn't much to do here...
Hello! I'm a New player of this game. I found out this game by some friends in another game.
And honestly, despite being new. I don't really like this game. I find it kinda boring. There isn't much to do here...
The coliseum is a big thing you can do - you can work on getting a max level battle team fully equipped with battle abilities so that you can effectively farm events. (There's no event going on at the moment, but the nature festival starts on May 26, so if you wanted a big goal you could try to get a maxed team (level 25) by then.)

You can also mess around in the scrying workshop & dressing room, coming up with gene & outfit plans for your dragons or other people's dragons. I spend a lot of time doing that haha.

But also, the game can be a bit slow. If you've done all your dailies and don't feel like coliseum/fairgrounds, you can always just leave it until tomorrow. Congrats on getting a 5 egg nest as your first nest btw, those are a bit rare. Good luck on the hatchlings!
The coliseum is a big thing you can do - you can work on getting a max level battle team fully equipped with battle abilities so that you can effectively farm events. (There's no event going on at the moment, but the nature festival starts on May 26, so if you wanted a big goal you could try to get a maxed team (level 25) by then.)

You can also mess around in the scrying workshop & dressing room, coming up with gene & outfit plans for your dragons or other people's dragons. I spend a lot of time doing that haha.

But also, the game can be a bit slow. If you've done all your dailies and don't feel like coliseum/fairgrounds, you can always just leave it until tomorrow. Congrats on getting a 5 egg nest as your first nest btw, those are a bit rare. Good luck on the hatchlings!
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)
In some ways Flight Rising is like a sandbox or legos. It is a collection of tools that you can use to entertain yourself, but it's up to you to figure out what activities you enjoy.

That said, no game suits everyone. It's a game, not an obligation.

So are you looking for suggestions on things to do? Or just saying goodbye and good riddance?
In some ways Flight Rising is like a sandbox or legos. It is a collection of tools that you can use to entertain yourself, but it's up to you to figure out what activities you enjoy.

That said, no game suits everyone. It's a game, not an obligation.

So are you looking for suggestions on things to do? Or just saying goodbye and good riddance?
cDDSaqc.png
It's more a make your own fun kind of game. More sandboxy.

This thread here hasn't been updated in a bit but that just means any newer type challenges haven't been added. You could take a look and see if anything strikes your fancy. But if you like more structured games with goals not made by yourself, perhaps this isn't the timesink for you. But there's plenty of websites out there to explore!
Challenge Directory
It's more a make your own fun kind of game. More sandboxy.

This thread here hasn't been updated in a bit but that just means any newer type challenges haven't been added. You could take a look and see if anything strikes your fancy. But if you like more structured games with goals not made by yourself, perhaps this isn't the timesink for you. But there's plenty of websites out there to explore!
Challenge Directory
FD1rkPC.png dac5c205911117729a82f72c1cdf25cc70a0d072.pnglIvZUb1.png
Like the others have said, Flight Rising is a really "take this at your own pace" kind of game.

I would make a challenge for yourself if you like that kind of stuff ^^ Do you want to hatch your own XXX (same color) Imperial starting with your progens? That could be a fun challenge :D

If you're not into breeding, there's always something you can work towards. You could even just hang out on the forums as you play. That's what I do >>

But, if you still find yourself just.. Not liking FR, there's nothing wrong with that!
Like the others have said, Flight Rising is a really "take this at your own pace" kind of game.

I would make a challenge for yourself if you like that kind of stuff ^^ Do you want to hatch your own XXX (same color) Imperial starting with your progens? That could be a fun challenge :D

If you're not into breeding, there's always something you can work towards. You could even just hang out on the forums as you play. That's what I do >>

But, if you still find yourself just.. Not liking FR, there's nothing wrong with that!
oooooooooo YLVUOKI.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
this isn't really a game you're meant to sit down and play for hours on end (although you certainly can - i do it all the time) but with games like these you moreso poke at it throughout the day - check the trading post a few times a day, scry some dragons, make breeding projects, make outfits to dress your dragons up, that kind of thing. personally i spend a lot of time in the coliseum, and dominance efforts are really fun - check your flight's dominance forum. you'll have a lot more fun with this game once you get involved with the community.
this isn't really a game you're meant to sit down and play for hours on end (although you certainly can - i do it all the time) but with games like these you moreso poke at it throughout the day - check the trading post a few times a day, scry some dragons, make breeding projects, make outfits to dress your dragons up, that kind of thing. personally i spend a lot of time in the coliseum, and dominance efforts are really fun - check your flight's dominance forum. you'll have a lot more fun with this game once you get involved with the community.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
If you're interested in getting into it, try just checking in a couple times a day. Do your dailies like fairgrounds (there's some fun games there), gathering items which will give you food supply and other things, and check trading post as most stuff there resets every day.

Then there's coliseum where you can train dragons to battle, which in return gives you cool stuff like familiars, apparel, eggs, skins, etc. I'd recommend looking through guides though (in guides forums, but help center is also your friend).

Then you can browse forums. You can show off your dragons, find new dragons to buy, talk about the game or unrelated stuff. And it's a great way to make friends, I've made a lot of friends here!

And my personal favorite, customizing your dragons. You can completely change their genes, dress them up and add cool skins, and even write lore for them if you want.

This game isn't for everyone, and that's okay. If you still don't like it then it's probably just not for you. Welcome to Flight Rising by the way! ^.^
If you're interested in getting into it, try just checking in a couple times a day. Do your dailies like fairgrounds (there's some fun games there), gathering items which will give you food supply and other things, and check trading post as most stuff there resets every day.

Then there's coliseum where you can train dragons to battle, which in return gives you cool stuff like familiars, apparel, eggs, skins, etc. I'd recommend looking through guides though (in guides forums, but help center is also your friend).

Then you can browse forums. You can show off your dragons, find new dragons to buy, talk about the game or unrelated stuff. And it's a great way to make friends, I've made a lot of friends here!

And my personal favorite, customizing your dragons. You can completely change their genes, dress them up and add cool skins, and even write lore for them if you want.

This game isn't for everyone, and that's okay. If you still don't like it then it's probably just not for you. Welcome to Flight Rising by the way! ^.^
3Y3t130.png xm5ofH1.png
5iXiC8z.png
G8AyR6r.png
BDPM8Vp.png
bhdEs05.png
I will admit, a lot of my friends made accounts for this game after seeing me playing but dropped it too. It just takes a while to build up momentum and have a lot of the things long time players do open up all the way, as well as find all the odds and ends of the site. It helps if there's some specifics you wanna accomplish with your dragons, like making some based off of characters you like.

But for getting your foot in the door, if you really wanna give it a go you can poke around some of the forums for help. There's tons of people who look for new people to help out and give things to! But don't feel too bad if you can't settle in. No shame in just not making a connection.
I will admit, a lot of my friends made accounts for this game after seeing me playing but dropped it too. It just takes a while to build up momentum and have a lot of the things long time players do open up all the way, as well as find all the odds and ends of the site. It helps if there's some specifics you wanna accomplish with your dragons, like making some based off of characters you like.

But for getting your foot in the door, if you really wanna give it a go you can poke around some of the forums for help. There's tons of people who look for new people to help out and give things to! But don't feel too bad if you can't settle in. No shame in just not making a connection.
f0fd1aee68aedd2d14eb6a05d800ce8f9c4688cc.png
Why are you here then lol
It’s a forum-based doll dress up game more than a pet site, and if that doesn’t interest you in the slightest – oh well. Feels like trolling tbh
It’s a forum-based doll dress up game more than a pet site, and if that doesn’t interest you in the slightest – oh well. Feels like trolling tbh
A8695DED-9219-431F-AB23-ED67627BBD3B.png
[quote name="FreshlyExpired" date="2024-05-07 22:50:03" ] Why are you here then lol It’s a forum-based doll dress up game more than a pet site, and if that doesn’t interest you in the slightest – oh well. Feels like trolling tbh [/quote] nah I think it's valid - when I was new to the game, I also had the same question of "okay, what do I do?" it took a while before I really settled in (mostly scrying/hanging out in Dragon Share, but also some coli grinding/fodder training) there are a lot of aspects of "things to do" that are not necessarily obvious right off the bat - breeding projects/challenges, forum games, art games, UMA design - so I think it makes sense to ask
FreshlyExpired wrote on 2024-05-07 22:50:03:
nah I think it's valid - when I was new to the game, I also had the same question of "okay, what do I do?" it took a while before I really settled in (mostly scrying/hanging out in Dragon Share, but also some coli grinding/fodder training)

there are a lot of aspects of "things to do" that are not necessarily obvious right off the bat - breeding projects/challenges, forum games, art games, UMA design - so I think it makes sense to ask
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge (Koi Edition)