Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dusthides have a certain feeling to them
So, the last time I was on FR (yesterday) Dusthides hadn't been released. So I JUST read up on/discovered them. Boisterous, bold, rowdy, communal, (overbearingly) friendly, very focused on family relations, chatty, hard-working, rough-and-ready....

Guys. They're Southerners from the USA. I just can't see them as anything else EXCEPT maybe as USA pioneers, especially going after the gold in them thar hills. These guys belong on a western.

Has anyone else gotten the same impression or is it just me? (Any Dusthides I get will probably have a southern US accent.)

Edit:

I'd also like to point out that they have pickaxe claws. And that their name is "Dusthide." Like, "hitting that dusty, old trail" and... Well, the word "hide" is used a LOT in that genre.

AND. Can I just point this out?
"Rollin' rollin' rollin'... Rollin' rollin' rollin' - Dust-HIIIIIIIIIIIDE!"
("Rawhide" intro parody that fits way too well.)
So, the last time I was on FR (yesterday) Dusthides hadn't been released. So I JUST read up on/discovered them. Boisterous, bold, rowdy, communal, (overbearingly) friendly, very focused on family relations, chatty, hard-working, rough-and-ready....

Guys. They're Southerners from the USA. I just can't see them as anything else EXCEPT maybe as USA pioneers, especially going after the gold in them thar hills. These guys belong on a western.

Has anyone else gotten the same impression or is it just me? (Any Dusthides I get will probably have a southern US accent.)

Edit:

I'd also like to point out that they have pickaxe claws. And that their name is "Dusthide." Like, "hitting that dusty, old trail" and... Well, the word "hide" is used a LOT in that genre.

AND. Can I just point this out?
"Rollin' rollin' rollin'... Rollin' rollin' rollin' - Dust-HIIIIIIIIIIIDE!"
("Rawhide" intro parody that fits way too well.)
[img]https://i.imgur.com/2ArJlPm.png[/img] real not doctored image of every dusthide ever
2ArJlPm.png

real not doctored image of every dusthide ever
Days without
drawing FlightRising:
ZERO
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
Please ping when replying!!
I mean, now I can’t unsee it. This is so funny to me I’m losing my mind. I want to see at least 20 dusthide cowboy umas in the next week
I mean, now I can’t unsee it. This is so funny to me I’m losing my mind. I want to see at least 20 dusthide cowboy umas in the next week
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/he - formerly Dragonfire546
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
I decided theyre italians/italian-american families, but honestly I think a lot of working-class backgrounds fits this. mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw
I decided theyre italians/italian-american families, but honestly I think a lot of working-class backgrounds fits this. mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
Insert gif of a tumbleweed rolling in the desert, except it's a rolled-up Dusthide
Insert gif of a tumbleweed rolling in the desert, except it's a rolled-up Dusthide
5BsilZ9.png
dEe2UrM.png
x8bDWFu.png

Proud owner
of the
Caprine Hatchery !
WQA384m.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.png
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2024-04-18 09:21:18" ]mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw [/quote] IM GONNA CHOKE FROM LAUGHING PLEASE
RheoTastic wrote on 2024-04-18 09:21:18:
mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw

IM GONNA CHOKE FROM LAUGHING PLEASE
tumblr_o95tvaQl9V1tv56zio6_250.png
Loki - They/he - formerly Dragonfire546
Lore thread (WIP)
Dressing Service
Call of the Deep Lineage Project
[quote name="LaChevre" date="2024-04-18 09:35:29" ] Insert gif of a tumbleweed rolling in the desert, except it's a rolled-up Dusthide [/quote] Yeah, I've been looking for a good Nature one to name "Tumbleweed" for this very reason! (And then I remembered I might have a good G1 waiting for this in my den.) [quote name="RheoTastic" date="2024-04-18 09:21:18" ] mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw [/quote] I keep laughing at this; it's so good. XD
LaChevre wrote on 2024-04-18 09:35:29:

Yeah, I've been looking for a good Nature one to name "Tumbleweed" for this very reason! (And then I remembered I might have a good G1 waiting for this in my den.)
mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw

I keep laughing at this; it's so good. XD
[quote name="LaChevre" date="2024-04-18 09:35:29" ] Insert gif of a tumbleweed rolling in the desert, except it's a rolled-up Dusthide [/quote] [center]I was just gonna say western dustys roll around like tumble weeds xD First Rheo's Italian headcanon, and now Southern US headcanon. Both honestly make sense lol
LaChevre wrote on 2024-04-18 09:35:29:
I was just gonna say western dustys roll around like tumble weeds xD

First Rheo's Italian headcanon, and now Southern US headcanon.
Both honestly make sense lol
oooooooooo YLVUOKI.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
This simply reinforces my headcannon that the earth flight is just southern america aka.Cowboys
This simply reinforces my headcannon that the earth flight is just southern america aka.Cowboys
> About me
> Lore (WIP)
> Wishlist
> tba
> Safe a derg from yeeting?
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
[quote name="RheoTastic" date="2024-04-18 09:21:18" ] I decided theyre italians/italian-american families, but honestly I think a lot of working-class backgrounds fits this. mamma mia thats a spicy yeehaw [/quote] Since they can curl up into balls, does that mean they're spicy meatballs then?
Since they can curl up into balls, does that mean they're spicy meatballs then?
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif