Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New ancient-- which flight?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I'm excited for all of the possibilities but I think it will probably be Light. I'm really interested in what they'll look like, and honestly I think the lore for them could be really cool. I want them to touch more on why the Lightweaver and her creations can be so creepy sometimes! Like, why do Pearlcatchers have disgusting black slime saliva that they make their pearls with, and why do Imperials have the potential to become Emperors? Additionally the feud between those two breeds is interesting, so it'd be cool to see how that can be expanded upon with a third breed of Light dragon.

Earth would be my second choice because it would probably be so cool...I'm imagining a crystalline looking dragon, something that leans really hard into being "of the earth", and something that's a little alien too like Auraboas, because this is Sorthnieth after all and I love some of the bizarre alien biology we see with the familiars. I also think the next Earth breed will be more angular because both Snappers and Obelisks are pretty round in their overall shape languages.
I'm excited for all of the possibilities but I think it will probably be Light. I'm really interested in what they'll look like, and honestly I think the lore for them could be really cool. I want them to touch more on why the Lightweaver and her creations can be so creepy sometimes! Like, why do Pearlcatchers have disgusting black slime saliva that they make their pearls with, and why do Imperials have the potential to become Emperors? Additionally the feud between those two breeds is interesting, so it'd be cool to see how that can be expanded upon with a third breed of Light dragon.

Earth would be my second choice because it would probably be so cool...I'm imagining a crystalline looking dragon, something that leans really hard into being "of the earth", and something that's a little alien too like Auraboas, because this is Sorthnieth after all and I love some of the bizarre alien biology we see with the familiars. I also think the next Earth breed will be more angular because both Snappers and Obelisks are pretty round in their overall shape languages.
UZVTEBc.png
Honestly I think it'll be wind, light seems like a special flight therefore its ancient might be released the last.
Honestly I think it'll be wind, light seems like a special flight therefore its ancient might be released the last.
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]
FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png
I think it'll be Light, but releasing a Light ancient without a story is really funny (I know it'll get one later and will have some lore in its encyclopedia entry but still)
I think it'll be Light, but releasing a Light ancient without a story is really funny (I know it'll get one later and will have some lore in its encyclopedia entry but still)

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
Earth is definitely last considering we just got the shiny new modern and those are a huge deal. Honestly it's a toss up between wind and light for me. I've always had the pet theory light would be last so they could introduce the ancient as one of the ones that just spontaneously formed from raw magic, without input from its deity, so they could get around the whole "imperials are [i]Lightweaver's[/i] first children" thing. [quote=]Not all ancient dragons were created by the elemental gods—others sprang forth from pure coagulated magic, owing no allegiance at all.[/quote] [size=1](I suppose this would align more with neutral dragons, but given that elemental magic is important enough to a dragon's survival that eggs outside of the reach of elemental magic become nonviable/dragons hatch with the element of the area they're in even if they're in the atmosphere (aethers), I always read this as the possibility that some might have just burst out of condensed magic from the gods throwing a bunch of it around and thus owe no god their loyalty while still originating from an element, like the creation of lightweaver and the gang but not on the level of deities this round.)[/size] But staff have also been aware of the flights with the breeds that are a bit more problematic to obtain one way or the other (nature was never in danger of getting a second gem breed because their first and only modern is gem and already on a terrible cycling system), so I could see staff prioritizing light now that everyone has two because imperials, while plentiful, are still technically worse than any other breed for having forbidden gem cruncher breed changes that no one can obtain now without having enough gems that you could afford a nice car with if you somehow turned it back into real money. I'd be pretty happy with light getting it tbh, but the only wrinkle there is that it would be unfortunate if they get launched without a story out the gate because regardless of whether its my funny little theory or Lightweaver bending the timeline over backwards the light ancient [i]will[/i] probably have some hefty lore significance. Though, personally, I'd still be fine with it. I've always been pretty back and forth on the ancient short stories and their quality (snurges and aethers honestly got kinda nothing) so I'm glad staff are taking time to write and tweak them. Light also isn't hurting for lore if we're being honest, they have a lion's share of it compared to most other flights' breeds just from the imperials being so fleshed out to the point their have their own zombie monstrosity that can challenge the gods themselves and were formed from their god's own flesh and blood. Light can probably survive the ancient having a bit of a delayed story, especially if the quality of writing goes up with the wait. Wind [i]would[/i] be a good middle ground though, their ancient is probably pretty chill seeing as Windsinger these days isn't doing many ominous threats unlike his siblings lol, so there wouldn't be as much weight on their delayed lore.
Earth is definitely last considering we just got the shiny new modern and those are a huge deal. Honestly it's a toss up between wind and light for me. I've always had the pet theory light would be last so they could introduce the ancient as one of the ones that just spontaneously formed from raw magic, without input from its deity, so they could get around the whole "imperials are Lightweaver's first children" thing.
wrote:
Not all ancient dragons were created by the elemental gods—others sprang forth from pure coagulated magic, owing no allegiance at all.
(I suppose this would align more with neutral dragons, but given that elemental magic is important enough to a dragon's survival that eggs outside of the reach of elemental magic become nonviable/dragons hatch with the element of the area they're in even if they're in the atmosphere (aethers), I always read this as the possibility that some might have just burst out of condensed magic from the gods throwing a bunch of it around and thus owe no god their loyalty while still originating from an element, like the creation of lightweaver and the gang but not on the level of deities this round.)

But staff have also been aware of the flights with the breeds that are a bit more problematic to obtain one way or the other (nature was never in danger of getting a second gem breed because their first and only modern is gem and already on a terrible cycling system), so I could see staff prioritizing light now that everyone has two because imperials, while plentiful, are still technically worse than any other breed for having forbidden gem cruncher breed changes that no one can obtain now without having enough gems that you could afford a nice car with if you somehow turned it back into real money. I'd be pretty happy with light getting it tbh, but the only wrinkle there is that it would be unfortunate if they get launched without a story out the gate because regardless of whether its my funny little theory or Lightweaver bending the timeline over backwards the light ancient will probably have some hefty lore significance.

Though, personally, I'd still be fine with it. I've always been pretty back and forth on the ancient short stories and their quality (snurges and aethers honestly got kinda nothing) so I'm glad staff are taking time to write and tweak them. Light also isn't hurting for lore if we're being honest, they have a lion's share of it compared to most other flights' breeds just from the imperials being so fleshed out to the point their have their own zombie monstrosity that can challenge the gods themselves and were formed from their god's own flesh and blood. Light can probably survive the ancient having a bit of a delayed story, especially if the quality of writing goes up with the wait.
Wind would be a good middle ground though, their ancient is probably pretty chill seeing as Windsinger these days isn't doing many ominous threats unlike his siblings lol, so there wouldn't be as much weight on their delayed lore.
KBuajgX.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
no lore yet makes me think unaligned, but i doubt they'd release an unaligned breed when not all flights have their ancient.

that said, the no lore aspect is also what's making me hope it's light. i'm pretty tired of light being the dev's favourite child, so let them have a taste of the trenches with the rest of us LOL
no lore yet makes me think unaligned, but i doubt they'd release an unaligned breed when not all flights have their ancient.

that said, the no lore aspect is also what's making me hope it's light. i'm pretty tired of light being the dev's favourite child, so let them have a taste of the trenches with the rest of us LOL
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
I'm thinking it might be Light. Shadow is missing its elemental counterpart.

Edit: Totally off the mark lol!
I'm thinking it might be Light. Shadow is missing its elemental counterpart.

Edit: Totally off the mark lol!
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
I want to say light, but I think it might be Earth. They do get dropped a few days before earth day
I want to say light, but I think it might be Earth. They do get dropped a few days before earth day
ef9b48910db725fb5777b50f7b46eb54da62cbec.png ee5bf971903bf253550413d5a4abbc2438bcaebf.png
[quote name="SneakyCryptid" date="2024-04-16 06:26:23" ] I want to say light, but I think it might be Earth. They do get dropped a few days before earth day [/quote] It seems the play on words was too good to resist.
SneakyCryptid wrote on 2024-04-16 06:26:23:

It seems the play on words was too good to resist.
YgOQ2oY.pngRfSBvPi.pngRtSbM78.pngiezVfl0.pngiWjBTCn.png

With the current teaser I have to say I think it's going to be earth.

...Which I'm actually kind of sad about, despite the fact I literally was in earth a week ago. The most recent modern was earth, and with the teaser it really feels like we're getting sum earthy bois.

I mean I'm all for roly poly dergs and I'll be HAPPY to have a rotund derg, but also maybe light or wind deserve an ancient too...? I mean when was the last time either one of those flights got a new breed????
With the current teaser I have to say I think it's going to be earth.

...Which I'm actually kind of sad about, despite the fact I literally was in earth a week ago. The most recent modern was earth, and with the teaser it really feels like we're getting sum earthy bois.

I mean I'm all for roly poly dergs and I'll be HAPPY to have a rotund derg, but also maybe light or wind deserve an ancient too...? I mean when was the last time either one of those flights got a new breed????
Free lore thread
35EJj0x.png
Kindryte
"Just here to collect silly little dragons in my silly little lair"
Imagine highlighting a forum signature.

Permas are both in my lair and hibden
[quote name="Kindryte" date="2024-04-16 06:37:41" ] I mean I'm all for roly poly dergs and I'll be HAPPY to have a rotund derg, but also maybe light or wind deserve an ancient too...? I mean when was the last time either one of those flights got a new breed???? [/quote] Not since the beginning of the site, pretty much, but it's not like the release order of the ancients made much sense to begin with. If anything, I'm glad light and wind are being held off until the devs can get a little more straightened out with how they handle lore.
Kindryte wrote on 2024-04-16 06:37:41:

Not since the beginning of the site, pretty much, but it's not like the release order of the ancients made much sense to begin with. If anything, I'm glad light and wind are being held off until the devs can get a little more straightened out with how they handle lore.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11