Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New ancient-- which flight?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I hope it'll be light, and I hope it'll be some kind of spooky scary dracolich mini-Emperor type thing. Like "Imperials were the Lightweaver's first COMPLETE children, but before them came many incomplete prototypes." Abberations are awesome and we need more dragons like that.
I hope it'll be light, and I hope it'll be some kind of spooky scary dracolich mini-Emperor type thing. Like "Imperials were the Lightweaver's first COMPLETE children, but before them came many incomplete prototypes." Abberations are awesome and we need more dragons like that.
OVI5Wp2.gif
Probably wind, but I really want to see lights, because of how all the lore already is.
Probably wind, but I really want to see lights, because of how all the lore already is.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Personally, I am on Team Neutral. I have been ITCHING for a Neutral-aligned breed I actually like since Bogsneaks came out, lol. With Bogs, it just feels like Baldwin is "playing God" with his cauldron, even if the initial discovery was accidental. I also do not like Aberrations for ethical reasons (I would like them better if they had come with breed-specific Eggs rather than body-horror-implying scrolls). The magic of BotE makes more sense than alchemy, in my opinion.

If it HAS to be flight-aligned, I would go with Light for the reasons already mentioned by others.
Personally, I am on Team Neutral. I have been ITCHING for a Neutral-aligned breed I actually like since Bogsneaks came out, lol. With Bogs, it just feels like Baldwin is "playing God" with his cauldron, even if the initial discovery was accidental. I also do not like Aberrations for ethical reasons (I would like them better if they had come with breed-specific Eggs rather than body-horror-implying scrolls). The magic of BotE makes more sense than alchemy, in my opinion.

If it HAS to be flight-aligned, I would go with Light for the reasons already mentioned by others.
A Bit late, but I'm 90% sure it's gonna be wind, given the allusion to "large, winged creatures" carrying off birdfolk in the Harpy lore (it's been a while since then, too...). I do not recall that these creatures have been confirmed as not-ancients, but it's a good start for theorizing.

On the other hand, a neutral-aspected ancient would be dope. I'm gathering my brewing supplies just in case >:)
A Bit late, but I'm 90% sure it's gonna be wind, given the allusion to "large, winged creatures" carrying off birdfolk in the Harpy lore (it's been a while since then, too...). I do not recall that these creatures have been confirmed as not-ancients, but it's a good start for theorizing.

On the other hand, a neutral-aspected ancient would be dope. I'm gathering my brewing supplies just in case >:)
unauthorized%20thing.gif
he/they. knower of things. maker of shapes.
art shop
wishlist
theme
ein_shop_ic_2.png
I'll probably like any flight getting a new breed, but I'm kinda leaning towards light for this one...
I'll probably like any flight getting a new breed, but I'm kinda leaning towards light for this one...
[quote name="ClockworkEclipse" date="2024-04-15 13:21:05" ] I think no element, like bogsneaks. No windup, no shorting a flight with a distinct lack of hype, and a "flight" with only one breed. Maybe a coli exclusive breed? Or something dug up from the digsite that came back like those frogs who can survive being frozen solid (just buried instead of frozen)? Idk how they'll implement it, but a no-flight breed would be fun. [/quote] I think the devs have gone on record saying that they won't do things other than single-element-based ancients until at least every flight has an ancient breed. So maybe we see a neutral one in the future, but it won't be till after Light, Wind and Earth have their ancients!
ClockworkEclipse wrote on 2024-04-15 13:21:05:
I think no element, like bogsneaks. No windup, no shorting a flight with a distinct lack of hype, and a "flight" with only one breed. Maybe a coli exclusive breed? Or something dug up from the digsite that came back like those frogs who can survive being frozen solid (just buried instead of frozen)? Idk how they'll implement it, but a no-flight breed would be fun.

I think the devs have gone on record saying that they won't do things other than single-element-based ancients until at least every flight has an ancient breed. So maybe we see a neutral one in the future, but it won't be till after Light, Wind and Earth have their ancients!
UJXttDL.png
Light! Especially since BSJ is coming up.

(Kind of. In like, 3 months. Whatever.)
Light! Especially since BSJ is coming up.

(Kind of. In like, 3 months. Whatever.)
2xvYPbw.png

» Astro

- Skin Shop
- Adopt Shop

» FR +1

- Pings recommended!
i0phQ2L.gif
[quote name="ClockworkEclipse" date="2024-04-15 13:21:05" ] I think no element, like bogsneaks. No windup, no shorting a flight with a distinct lack of hype, and a "flight" with only one breed. Maybe a coli exclusive breed? Or something dug up from the digsite that came back like those frogs who can survive being frozen solid (just buried instead of frozen)? Idk how they'll implement it, but a no-flight breed would be fun. [/quote] I know the lore will be coming at a later date, but yeah, if it ends up being an elemental breed I'll feel bad for whichever flight ends up getting saddled with something that's incomplete on launch. Absolutely crossing my fingers for something flight-neutral. Both for the aforementioned reason and because I think more neutral breeds provide opportunity for aesthetics that wouldn't be explored otherwise.
ClockworkEclipse wrote on 2024-04-15 13:21:05:
I think no element, like bogsneaks. No windup, no shorting a flight with a distinct lack of hype, and a "flight" with only one breed. Maybe a coli exclusive breed? Or something dug up from the digsite that came back like those frogs who can survive being frozen solid (just buried instead of frozen)? Idk how they'll implement it, but a no-flight breed would be fun.

I know the lore will be coming at a later date, but yeah, if it ends up being an elemental breed I'll feel bad for whichever flight ends up getting saddled with something that's incomplete on launch. Absolutely crossing my fingers for something flight-neutral. Both for the aforementioned reason and because I think more neutral breeds provide opportunity for aesthetics that wouldn't be explored otherwise.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
I'm betting it will be Light which is exciting but also way sooner than I was expecting so I'm not as prepared as I had thought I would be. Gotta go drum up some cash posthaste.
I'm betting it will be Light which is exciting but also way sooner than I was expecting so I'm not as prepared as I had thought I would be. Gotta go drum up some cash posthaste.
250.png
I'm hoping for Light because I want to see what Light's ancient will look like and how it will fit with what's happening in the lore.
I'm hoping for Light because I want to see what Light's ancient will look like and how it will fit with what's happening in the lore.
25781.png shadow_small.png 25780.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11