Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore] Historia Sanguinem Luna
1 2 3 4
----- [center] [size=6][font=Century][color=#8B008B][i]Introduction[/i][/color][/font][/size] [/center] ----- ----- Violet motes of light floated suspended in the quiet air of the crystal cavern. These merry little magelights illuminated the shining visage of a male Mirror. Clasped in his right forepaw was a Basilisk quill that vigorously scratched at the rough parchment before him. His left forepaw reached up to the bridge of his snout to push slender spectacles closer to his four eyes. Goggles with blue tinted lenses lay perched atop his cranium. The rest of his garb was humble, a simple black shirt with leather bracers along his forearms, books strapped to his side, and a fur lined black kilt. In stark contrast was the intricate network of glowing circuit-like scars along his body and wings. Next to him lay a large pile of parchment sheets, all covered in runes inscribed by dark ink. At last the Mirror flicked his right ear. He produced a soft huff as he lifted his head from his work to look upon his new visitor. [columns][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=561389&skin=0&apparel=6268,363,20560,15133,24231,18813,18773,6021,28033&xt=dressing.png[/img] [nextcol]"Ah, so you finally arrived. Tacet'Mare did say I should expect visitors. Erhem! Forgive me, I forget my manners. Welcome. This is my office and I am Aeterna'Scientia, the current Loremaster of Sanguinem Luna Clan. If you have any inquiries regarding Sanguinem Luna, please let me know. However if you wish to take on a little bit of reading, you are welcome to look through the Historia that my mentor and I have been working on." [/columns] With the quill still clasped in his paw, Aeterna'Scientia gestured to the pile of parchment beside him. He returned to writing on the parchment before him. Without breaking stride in his writing, he added, "I truly would appreciate questions or other forms of constructive feedback. My mentor and I wish to have this Historia of our clan to be as thorough as possible. There is still plenty to do... so much to do..." He muttered, "I'd even pay artists for any illustration assistance... treasure of course..." ----- [center] [size=6][font=Century][color=#8B008B][i]Author Address[/i][/color][/font][/size] [/center] ----- ----- Welcome to the thread where I store my clan's lore. I originally had this on Aeterna'Scientia's bio however it just got too big. I welcome constructive feedback so feel free to post. Just keep things civil is all I ask. If you are inclined, I encourage questions coming in a more roleplay style. It isn't required though. This introduction post will contain all relevant navigation and any subsequent posts beyond thread page 1 will contain a link back to this introduction. Any questions and answers that I feel are beneficial to the Historia will be recorded in the navigation with a link to the answer post. With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading through my clan's Historia! ~Countessoffire ----- [center] [size=6][font=Century][color=#8B008B][i]Pinglist[/i][/color][/font][/size] [/center] ----- ----- Want to be kept up to date without following the thread? Click the pinglist widget and I'll shot a ping whenever an entry is complete. [pinglist=5626] ----- [center] [size=6][font=Century][color=#8B008B][i]Navigation[/i][/color][/font][/size] [/center] ----- ----- [i]Original Manuscripts[/i] [List][*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099010]Summary[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099011]Tracking Time[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099013]Significant Events[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099016]Heraldry[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099019]Clan Hierarchy[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099022]Clan Territory[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099026]Warrior Training[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099029]Species in Clan[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/2#post_53142976]Clan Music[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/2#post_53181051]Beastclans[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/4#post_55566895]Arcane No Longer[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/4#post_56189370]The Shade: An Essay[/url] [/List] [i]Responses to Visitor Questions[/i] [List][*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803#post_48099311]To-Do List[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/2#post_48100973]Allied Clans (Lore Connections)[/url] [/List] [i]Local Legends (Pinkerlocke Stories)[/i] [List][*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/2#post_53985269]Normalcy Overturned[/url] [*][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/3028803/2#post_53988360]A Night of Friendship, Love, and Terror[/url] [/List]

Introduction

Violet motes of light floated suspended in the quiet air of the crystal cavern. These merry little magelights illuminated the shining visage of a male Mirror. Clasped in his right forepaw was a Basilisk quill that vigorously scratched at the rough parchment before him. His left forepaw reached up to the bridge of his snout to push slender spectacles closer to his four eyes. Goggles with blue tinted lenses lay perched atop his cranium. The rest of his garb was humble, a simple black shirt with leather bracers along his forearms, books strapped to his side, and a fur lined black kilt. In stark contrast was the intricate network of glowing circuit-like scars along his body and wings. Next to him lay a large pile of parchment sheets, all covered in runes inscribed by dark ink.

At last the Mirror flicked his right ear. He produced a soft huff as he lifted his head from his work to look upon his new visitor.
scry?sdid=561389&skin=0&apparel=6268,363,20560,15133,24231,18813,18773,6021,28033&xt=dressing.png "Ah, so you finally arrived. Tacet'Mare did say I should expect visitors. Erhem! Forgive me, I forget my manners. Welcome. This is my office and I am Aeterna'Scientia, the current Loremaster of Sanguinem Luna Clan. If you have any inquiries regarding Sanguinem Luna, please let me know. However if you wish to take on a little bit of reading, you are welcome to look through the Historia that my mentor and I have been working on."

With the quill still clasped in his paw, Aeterna'Scientia gestured to the pile of parchment beside him. He returned to writing on the parchment before him. Without breaking stride in his writing, he added, "I truly would appreciate questions or other forms of constructive feedback. My mentor and I wish to have this Historia of our clan to be as thorough as possible. There is still plenty to do... so much to do..."

He muttered, "I'd even pay artists for any illustration assistance... treasure of course..."

Author Address

Welcome to the thread where I store my clan's lore. I originally had this on Aeterna'Scientia's bio however it just got too big. I welcome constructive feedback so feel free to post. Just keep things civil is all I ask. If you are inclined, I encourage questions coming in a more roleplay style. It isn't required though. This introduction post will contain all relevant navigation and any subsequent posts beyond thread page 1 will contain a link back to this introduction.

Any questions and answers that I feel are beneficial to the Historia will be recorded in the navigation with a link to the answer post.

With that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading through my clan's Historia!

~Countessoffire

Pinglist

Want to be kept up to date without following the thread? Click the pinglist widget and I'll shot a ping whenever an entry is complete.

Navigation

Original Manuscripts

Responses to Visitor Questions

Local Legends (Pinkerlocke Stories)
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .

Historia Sanguinem Luna

Everything that you wished to know about Sanguinem Luna Clan but were afraid to ask, all recorded carefully by Aeterna'Scientia and his predecessor Tacet'Mare.

An Elementary Summation of Sanguinem Luna
Written by Tacet'Mare

Sanguinem Luna is the name of our clan, which at its core is a collection of mortal dragons and divines taking the form of dragons that follow under the Diarchy first established by Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. The clan was officially established when modern breeds started to surface, however there are several members of the Titans that possess ancient origins and even predate the First Age. The primary language of the clan is Latin-based, however the Sornieth Standard Tongue is utilized for easier communication with foreign parties. The direct translation of Sanguinem Luna goes as follows: "Sanguinem" means blood, and "Luna" means moon. This name for our clan was chosen due to the harvest moon present on the night of our clan's establishment. The harvest moon is considered sacred in our clan and is regarded as an omen for important events.

Historia Sanguinem Luna

Everything that you wished to know about Sanguinem Luna Clan but were afraid to ask, all recorded carefully by Aeterna'Scientia and his predecessor Tacet'Mare.

An Elementary Summation of Sanguinem Luna
Written by Tacet'Mare

Sanguinem Luna is the name of our clan, which at its core is a collection of mortal dragons and divines taking the form of dragons that follow under the Diarchy first established by Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. The clan was officially established when modern breeds started to surface, however there are several members of the Titans that possess ancient origins and even predate the First Age. The primary language of the clan is Latin-based, however the Sornieth Standard Tongue is utilized for easier communication with foreign parties. The direct translation of Sanguinem Luna goes as follows: "Sanguinem" means blood, and "Luna" means moon. This name for our clan was chosen due to the harvest moon present on the night of our clan's establishment. The harvest moon is considered sacred in our clan and is regarded as an omen for important events.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
How Sanguinem Luna Tracks Time
Written by Aeterna'Scientia

This is a rather frustrating point for many of us at Sanguinem Luna, myself included; especially when trying to explain this to foreign parties. Part of the problem lies in the lack of a clear Sornieth timeline, likely lost thanks to the Titan Elementis' fighting and the Shattering of the Pillar. Ah, terminology explanation required. Titan Elementis refers to the dominant Gods of Sornieth, The Arcanist, the Tidelord, and so forth. Titan Elementis means "Elemental Titan" and originates from the fact that those Gods were born from Sornieth's formation.

I find I must apologize for my notes on our clan's timeline being vague. In truth, that is because it is vague and certainly my brothers Arcyng and Aeterna'Tempus have not helped any. I know that those two would be able to give a more thorough explanation but they simply refuse to sit down and talk to me about such things. I have been able to catch wind of those two talking about something they call "The Reunion" however they pretend that they never spoke of such a thing when I ask. I am unfortunately unable to tell you why I believe Arcyng would be able to illuminate the subject, the best concept I can use would be that it is a gut feeling. The problem is that he keeps his secrets close and for some reason his insight is tied to those secrets. I digress. Immortals do not track the days as readily as mortals do after all. How a mortal sees a day is how an immortal may see a century. Although I suppose deities that are invested in the well fare of mortals may pay more attention to the days. I find myself in awe of how easily my mother was able to converse with mortals, as if she lived with a similar perspective as them. Again, I digress. I never possessed a sense of that perspective.

Sanguinem Luna's timeline is broken down into three Ages. These ages mark the changes in leadership for the clan. The Titan Age is the age where Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem ruled as the Matriarch and Patriarch. They are the two rulers that shaped the Diarchy system for our Clan and established our clan when modern species began. The duration of this Age is lamentably lost as the clan unofficially existed when Ancient breeds reigned before the modern species. As for the Pantheon Age, it began when Magna'Mater entered crystal hibernation and passed leadership onto her son and my brother Arcyng Leo'Animus. Arcyng Leo'Animus reigned as the sole ruler for what I estimate was 750 years until he took Aequus'Regina Firanira as his wife. They ruled together as Patriarch and Matriarch for roughly another 250 years until the event known as The Bounty of the Elements struck Sornieth. We know that event by a different name. The Angel's Coup D'etat. This was when the Angels of Rebirth, led by Noctis'Timore, attacked Arcyng Leo'Animus and his allies to seize leadership over the clan. During the fighting, Noctis'Timore's son Tenebris'Cor betrayed his father and trapped him in crystal as well as Arcyng Leo'Animus. When Tenebris'Cor made his move, too many of us were too weak to resist. Thus, Tenebris'Cor and his wife Tenebris'Terra are the current Patriarch and Matriarch of our clan for the current age. We call this age the New Age, although I have overheard Aeterna'Tempus say that the New Age hasn't begun yet.
How Sanguinem Luna Tracks Time

This is a rather frustrating point for many of us at Sanguinem Luna, myself included; especially when trying to explain this to foreign parties. Part of the problem lies in the lack of a clear Sornieth timeline, likely lost thanks to the Titan Elementis' fighting and the Shattering of the Pillar. Ah, terminology explanation required. Titan Elementis refers to the dominant Gods of Sornieth, The Arcanist, the Tidelord, and so forth. Titan Elementis means "Elemental Titan" and originates from the fact that those Gods were born from Sornieth's formation.

I find I must apologize for my notes on our clan's timeline being vague. In truth, that is because it is vague and certainly my brothers Arcyng and Aeterna'Tempus have not helped any. I know that those two would be able to give a more thorough explanation but they simply refuse to sit down and talk to me about such things. I have been able to catch wind of those two talking about something they call "The Reunion" however they pretend that they never spoke of such a thing when I ask. I am unfortunately unable to tell you why I believe Arcyng would be able to illuminate the subject, the best concept I can use would be that it is a gut feeling. The problem is that he keeps his secrets close and for some reason his insight is tied to those secrets. I digress. Immortals do not track the days as readily as mortals do after all. How a mortal sees a day is how an immortal may see a century. Although I suppose deities that are invested in the well fare of mortals may pay more attention to the days. I find myself in awe of how easily my mother was able to converse with mortals, as if she lived with a similar perspective as them. Again, I digress. I never possessed a sense of that perspective.

Sanguinem Luna's timeline is broken down into three Ages. These ages mark the changes in leadership for the clan. The Titan Age is the age where Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem ruled as the Matriarch and Patriarch. They are the two rulers that shaped the Diarchy system for our Clan and established our clan when modern species began. The duration of this Age is lamentably lost as the clan unofficially existed when Ancient breeds reigned before the modern species. As for the Pantheon Age, it began when Magna'Mater entered crystal hibernation and passed leadership onto her son and my brother Arcyng Leo'Animus. Arcyng Leo'Animus reigned as the sole ruler for what I estimate was 750 years until he took Aequus'Regina Firanira as his wife. They ruled together as Patriarch and Matriarch for roughly another 250 years until the event known as The Bounty of the Elements struck Sornieth. We know that event by a different name. The Angel's Coup D'etat. This was when the Angels of Rebirth, led by Noctis'Timore, attacked Arcyng Leo'Animus and his allies to seize leadership over the clan. During the fighting, Noctis'Timore's son Tenebris'Cor betrayed his father and trapped him in crystal as well as Arcyng Leo'Animus. When Tenebris'Cor made his move, too many of us were too weak to resist. Thus, Tenebris'Cor and his wife Tenebris'Terra are the current Patriarch and Matriarch of our clan for the current age. We call this age the New Age, although I have overheard Aeterna'Tempus say that the New Age hasn't begun yet.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
Significant Events

Despite the vague nature of our timeline, I can provide useful record of significant events for our clan. Regrettably I will be unable to provide dates. However what I can provide is the name of the event, what age it occurred in, and an elementary summary of what happened. The record will start chronologically with events in the Titan Age, followed by the Pantheon Age, and concluded with events from the New Age up to the present.

The Titan Age
  • The Founding of Sanguinem Luna
    This is the day that Sanguinem Luna Clan was officially founded. By this point all of the founding Titan Luminare were gathered by Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. This day was marked by a crescent harvest moon, as displayed on the clan heraldry, when Magna'Mater declared the Crystal Spire home. There is only one relic related to this day, a painting crafted by Pictorem'Picasso, that portrays the founding Titan Luminare flanking Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem as they look out at their future home. The original painting is carefully stored away in the Repository so the following image is a replication.

Insert image of The Founding here

• The Harpy Invasion
    While there were many times before that Beastclan attacked Sanguinem Luna, this event marks the official start of the Daughters of Weyrova’s war on Sanguinem Luna as a larger part of their war against dragon kind. The source of this event is unfortunately linked to Purpura'Squama, who leaked critical information about Sanguinem Luna to a spy that belonged to the aggressive Harpies. A large host of Harpies, with some Talonok in tow too, laid siege to the Crystal Spire. Sanguinem Luna was vastly outnumbered, however Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem were not about to let some petty Shade-possessed Harpies get in the way of their goals. Magna'Patrem was the first to strike, leading the Titan Luminare in a fierce charge to scatter the enemy ranks. After having been holding the siege of the Crystal Spire so long, the Harpies and Talonok were taken by surprise by this sudden attack. Magna'Patrem's breath weapon was lethal wherever it struck and instrumental in driving the Harpies and Talonok closer to the ocean and the Crystal Spire itself. This was the moment that Magna'Mater needed to finish off the remaining army. With the aid of the Crystalweavers, Magna'Mater turned the Crystal Spire into a weapon and made crystal shards grow out at breakneck speed. The Harpies and Talonok did not stand a chance. Despite this victory, Sanguinem Luna continued to be harried by Harpies well into the future.

Insert image of The Harpy Invasion here

• The First Betrayal
    This is the first time that Noctis'Timore showed his paw. In an attempt to sieze control of the entire clan, he destroyed our father's body. It was a shock for everyone. None of us could've imagined that Noctis'Timore had it in him to inflict so much damage onto Magna'Patrem, who at that point stood as the vision of health. We only found out that it was Noctis'Timore who did this from the wake of their fight. To the present day, the Path of Pride shows the scars of Noctis'Timore and Magna'Patrem's legendary battle. Magna'Patrem is a Titan Caelestis however, so a damaged body is not the end, although it is a massive detriment to his ability to lead the clan. Our mother Magna'Mater placed him in crystal hibernation within Titan's Rest so that his spirit could begin the slow process of rebuilding his body. As a sign of solidarity and love, our mother joined her husband in crystal hibernation. The other founding Titan Luminare, save for Tacet'Mare and Purpura'Squama, followed Magna'Mater's lead and joined their leaders in hibernation. Hence the name Titan's Rest for the large chamber that used to serve as Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem's personal quarters. This horrible series of events marked the transition from the Titan Age to the Pantheon Age. Before entering hibernation, Magna'Mater proclaimed Arcyng Leo'Animus as the new Patriarch.

Insert image of The First Betrayal here

The Pantheon Age
  • Moving House
    When Arcyng Leo'Animus became the new Patriarch, he proposed a rather amazing scheme. At the time all of us in the Royal Court knew that the clan was growing larger and needed more space. The Crystal Spire was large enough to support our clan with food, however being locked to the solitary spire was not healthy for the psyche of the mortal dragons under our stewardship. Dragons are meant to fly after all. So Arcyng proposed that we move the Crystal Spire onto the mainland, where the Starwood Strand stood. It was an amazing feat that we performed, channeling all of our power into the Crystal Spire. Arcyng was the keystone and he was the one to initiate the teleportation spell that brought the entire structure and some ocean water to our new home, an inland sea that we identified as unclaimed by another clan and perfect for our needs. It was only afterward that we realized that we brought a population of Maren along for the ride despite the warning we gave them. The decision was well received by Sanguinem Luna, even though the majority of the land was dead. It was a great way for the clan to work on how to restore and balance areas that experienced elemental imbalance.

Insert image of Moving House here

• The Scouring
    This is probably the most significant event of Arcyng's reign. The presence of hostile Daughters of Weyrova Harpies continued to plague our clan even after we moved the Crystal Spire. The most disconcerting effect that we saw from these constant attacks was the ever growing hostility from the local Talonok, Serthis, and even Maren. Our military castes would report of increased skirmishes that included more than just Harpy combatants. In an effort to try and keep the local Beastclans from joining the Harpies and preserving the relative peace, Arcyng organized a peace summit with the leaders of the local Talonok, Centaur, Serthis, Maren, and Longneck clans. Only the Centaur and Longneck representatives showed up bearing bad news. The Serthis, Maren, and Talonok were all preparing for war. Their minds were addled by the Shade, which the Daughters of Weyrova were known Shade-worshipers.

It was not long after that the dragons of Sanguinem Luna working outside of the Crystal Spire were ambushed and driven back to the Crystal Spire by the hostile Beastclan army. The second siege of the Crystal Spire began. The Royal Court convened to discuss the resolution with Arcyng. Contrary to the opinion of the Royal Court, Arcyng assured us all that he would address the Beastclan army and demand their surrender. I, like the others, thought Arcyng was insane to propose such a thing. We never knew what kind of powers Arcyng inherited from our mother and father, not until he stepped out onto that crystal precipice alone to challenge the awaiting army in the inland sea.

Arcyng did as he proposed, he demanded answers from the Beastclan but when none came he gave the Beastclan army that held us besieged an ultimatum. Stand down, or be destroyed. I remember how short lived those roars of defiance and blood-lust were. One moment the Crystal Spire echoed with the roars of the Beastclan, then the next they were drowned by the thunder of the inland sea exploding in a storm of fire and steam. It was a swift spell, as I barely even noticed Arcyng's four wings spread out nor heard the single click of his tongue, but it was effective. The inland sea's surface was glowing with the flames that defied the water. It looked like a harvest moon and thus, our inland sea earned its name: the Red Moon Sea.

What impressed me personally was the incredible control of the spell that Arcyng possessed. He only used the explosion to eliminate the aggressive Harpies and Shade. The non-hostiles in their settlements and the enemy combatants that were not completely under the Shade’s control were spared. Some of the landscape was still harmed by the spell but the damage was not as catastrophic as it could've been.

The aftermath of this event took over most of Arcyng and Firanira's time as Patriarch and Matriarch. They spent a tremendous amount of time meeting with the elders of the Talonok, Maren, and Serthis to discuss the siege. Eventually tensions eased between our clans and harmony was restored. The Harpies still continued to harry our military however they no longer found any friends in the Beastclans that coexisted with our clan.

A prized artifact of this time, and one that Tenebris'Cor guards in Titan's Rest, is a tapestry that was made by the Serthis for Arcyng. As a society that values strength, the Serthis wanted to acknowledge Arcyng's ability and show their resolve when it comes to remembering the Scouring. The tapestry depicts Arcyng standing on the precipice of the Crystal Spire with his four wings spread out and a sea of raging fire beneath him. A replication of the image is shown below.

Insert Image of The Scouring here

• The Angel's Coup D'etat
    Additional names go as follows: The Second Betrayal, and The Bounty of the Elements. This event marked the end of the Pantheon Age and the beginning of the New Age, where Tenebris'Cor betrayed both Noctis'Timore and Arcyng Leo'Animus to seize control of the entire clan. The Angel's Coup D'etat was a terrible fight that resulted in many titans needing to enter crystal hibernation for healing. Both Noctis'Timore and Arcyng Leo'Animus became Tenebris'Cor's prisoners after this horrible event.

Insert image of The Angel's Coup D'etat here

The New Age
  • The Dig
    For the first time ever, Sanguinem Luna Clan participated in a Sornieth-wide effort. To other clans of Sornieth, this is known as the Dustcarve Dig where the clans sent their representatives to assist the Guild in the excavation. The honor of representing Sanguinem Luna fell onto Audens'Cor Leanne, the Captain of the Hunters, and two of her subordinates: Kosuke Kimura and Danno Ohno. The clan was proud to welcome Terra'Melos into their midst as a blacksmith.

Insert image of The Dig here

• No Longer Home
    It was a dreaded outcome. The loathsome "Ancient" of the Arcanist's design crash landed onto Sornieth to spread their scourge once again. Some of the slumbering ones of Sanguinem Luna had hoped the lot of them died in the depths of space. If only Sornieth were so lucky. More likely than not the Arcanist accidentally sent some magic that saved his terrible creation in their time of distress. The return of the awfully dim-witted species only spelled one thing. Doom. That many clans welcomed these worthless paper-munchers with open wings was an alarming development.

Among those that remembered the incompetence and terrible nature of the Aether was Tenebris'Cor. He would not let the efforts and survival of his clan be at risk of infection by this species of dragon. If one could even call them that. There was nothing dragon about the creature. An amalgamation of moth, leech, and frog with no magic to speak of nor respect for knowledge to even remotely fit in with Arcane core beliefs.

If the whole of Arcane Flight wanted to be a Flight of bugs and throw away everything that made it desirable to work with. So be it. Our clan had no ball and chain to shackle us to their folly.

Tenebris'Cor, like Arcyng before him, summoned the full might of his Titan blood. In the blink of an eye, the entire floating island that was Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory disappeared from orbiting Focal Point. Far to the south in the lands of the Ice Flight, the skies trembled, and the wind howled. Materializing in a roar of thunder and wave of displaced air and snow, Sanguinem Luna Clan's floating island appeared among the peaks of the Cloudscrape Crags. Disappearing into the clouds and braving heights that not even the Ice Flight dare to tread.

Insert image of Sanguinem Luna's new home here
Significant Events

Despite the vague nature of our timeline, I can provide useful record of significant events for our clan. Regrettably I will be unable to provide dates. However what I can provide is the name of the event, what age it occurred in, and an elementary summary of what happened. The record will start chronologically with events in the Titan Age, followed by the Pantheon Age, and concluded with events from the New Age up to the present.

The Titan Age
  • The Founding of Sanguinem Luna
    This is the day that Sanguinem Luna Clan was officially founded. By this point all of the founding Titan Luminare were gathered by Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. This day was marked by a crescent harvest moon, as displayed on the clan heraldry, when Magna'Mater declared the Crystal Spire home. There is only one relic related to this day, a painting crafted by Pictorem'Picasso, that portrays the founding Titan Luminare flanking Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem as they look out at their future home. The original painting is carefully stored away in the Repository so the following image is a replication.

Insert image of The Founding here

• The Harpy Invasion
    While there were many times before that Beastclan attacked Sanguinem Luna, this event marks the official start of the Daughters of Weyrova’s war on Sanguinem Luna as a larger part of their war against dragon kind. The source of this event is unfortunately linked to Purpura'Squama, who leaked critical information about Sanguinem Luna to a spy that belonged to the aggressive Harpies. A large host of Harpies, with some Talonok in tow too, laid siege to the Crystal Spire. Sanguinem Luna was vastly outnumbered, however Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem were not about to let some petty Shade-possessed Harpies get in the way of their goals. Magna'Patrem was the first to strike, leading the Titan Luminare in a fierce charge to scatter the enemy ranks. After having been holding the siege of the Crystal Spire so long, the Harpies and Talonok were taken by surprise by this sudden attack. Magna'Patrem's breath weapon was lethal wherever it struck and instrumental in driving the Harpies and Talonok closer to the ocean and the Crystal Spire itself. This was the moment that Magna'Mater needed to finish off the remaining army. With the aid of the Crystalweavers, Magna'Mater turned the Crystal Spire into a weapon and made crystal shards grow out at breakneck speed. The Harpies and Talonok did not stand a chance. Despite this victory, Sanguinem Luna continued to be harried by Harpies well into the future.

Insert image of The Harpy Invasion here

• The First Betrayal
    This is the first time that Noctis'Timore showed his paw. In an attempt to sieze control of the entire clan, he destroyed our father's body. It was a shock for everyone. None of us could've imagined that Noctis'Timore had it in him to inflict so much damage onto Magna'Patrem, who at that point stood as the vision of health. We only found out that it was Noctis'Timore who did this from the wake of their fight. To the present day, the Path of Pride shows the scars of Noctis'Timore and Magna'Patrem's legendary battle. Magna'Patrem is a Titan Caelestis however, so a damaged body is not the end, although it is a massive detriment to his ability to lead the clan. Our mother Magna'Mater placed him in crystal hibernation within Titan's Rest so that his spirit could begin the slow process of rebuilding his body. As a sign of solidarity and love, our mother joined her husband in crystal hibernation. The other founding Titan Luminare, save for Tacet'Mare and Purpura'Squama, followed Magna'Mater's lead and joined their leaders in hibernation. Hence the name Titan's Rest for the large chamber that used to serve as Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem's personal quarters. This horrible series of events marked the transition from the Titan Age to the Pantheon Age. Before entering hibernation, Magna'Mater proclaimed Arcyng Leo'Animus as the new Patriarch.

Insert image of The First Betrayal here

The Pantheon Age
  • Moving House
    When Arcyng Leo'Animus became the new Patriarch, he proposed a rather amazing scheme. At the time all of us in the Royal Court knew that the clan was growing larger and needed more space. The Crystal Spire was large enough to support our clan with food, however being locked to the solitary spire was not healthy for the psyche of the mortal dragons under our stewardship. Dragons are meant to fly after all. So Arcyng proposed that we move the Crystal Spire onto the mainland, where the Starwood Strand stood. It was an amazing feat that we performed, channeling all of our power into the Crystal Spire. Arcyng was the keystone and he was the one to initiate the teleportation spell that brought the entire structure and some ocean water to our new home, an inland sea that we identified as unclaimed by another clan and perfect for our needs. It was only afterward that we realized that we brought a population of Maren along for the ride despite the warning we gave them. The decision was well received by Sanguinem Luna, even though the majority of the land was dead. It was a great way for the clan to work on how to restore and balance areas that experienced elemental imbalance.

Insert image of Moving House here

• The Scouring
    This is probably the most significant event of Arcyng's reign. The presence of hostile Daughters of Weyrova Harpies continued to plague our clan even after we moved the Crystal Spire. The most disconcerting effect that we saw from these constant attacks was the ever growing hostility from the local Talonok, Serthis, and even Maren. Our military castes would report of increased skirmishes that included more than just Harpy combatants. In an effort to try and keep the local Beastclans from joining the Harpies and preserving the relative peace, Arcyng organized a peace summit with the leaders of the local Talonok, Centaur, Serthis, Maren, and Longneck clans. Only the Centaur and Longneck representatives showed up bearing bad news. The Serthis, Maren, and Talonok were all preparing for war. Their minds were addled by the Shade, which the Daughters of Weyrova were known Shade-worshipers.

It was not long after that the dragons of Sanguinem Luna working outside of the Crystal Spire were ambushed and driven back to the Crystal Spire by the hostile Beastclan army. The second siege of the Crystal Spire began. The Royal Court convened to discuss the resolution with Arcyng. Contrary to the opinion of the Royal Court, Arcyng assured us all that he would address the Beastclan army and demand their surrender. I, like the others, thought Arcyng was insane to propose such a thing. We never knew what kind of powers Arcyng inherited from our mother and father, not until he stepped out onto that crystal precipice alone to challenge the awaiting army in the inland sea.

Arcyng did as he proposed, he demanded answers from the Beastclan but when none came he gave the Beastclan army that held us besieged an ultimatum. Stand down, or be destroyed. I remember how short lived those roars of defiance and blood-lust were. One moment the Crystal Spire echoed with the roars of the Beastclan, then the next they were drowned by the thunder of the inland sea exploding in a storm of fire and steam. It was a swift spell, as I barely even noticed Arcyng's four wings spread out nor heard the single click of his tongue, but it was effective. The inland sea's surface was glowing with the flames that defied the water. It looked like a harvest moon and thus, our inland sea earned its name: the Red Moon Sea.

What impressed me personally was the incredible control of the spell that Arcyng possessed. He only used the explosion to eliminate the aggressive Harpies and Shade. The non-hostiles in their settlements and the enemy combatants that were not completely under the Shade’s control were spared. Some of the landscape was still harmed by the spell but the damage was not as catastrophic as it could've been.

The aftermath of this event took over most of Arcyng and Firanira's time as Patriarch and Matriarch. They spent a tremendous amount of time meeting with the elders of the Talonok, Maren, and Serthis to discuss the siege. Eventually tensions eased between our clans and harmony was restored. The Harpies still continued to harry our military however they no longer found any friends in the Beastclans that coexisted with our clan.

A prized artifact of this time, and one that Tenebris'Cor guards in Titan's Rest, is a tapestry that was made by the Serthis for Arcyng. As a society that values strength, the Serthis wanted to acknowledge Arcyng's ability and show their resolve when it comes to remembering the Scouring. The tapestry depicts Arcyng standing on the precipice of the Crystal Spire with his four wings spread out and a sea of raging fire beneath him. A replication of the image is shown below.

Insert Image of The Scouring here

• The Angel's Coup D'etat
    Additional names go as follows: The Second Betrayal, and The Bounty of the Elements. This event marked the end of the Pantheon Age and the beginning of the New Age, where Tenebris'Cor betrayed both Noctis'Timore and Arcyng Leo'Animus to seize control of the entire clan. The Angel's Coup D'etat was a terrible fight that resulted in many titans needing to enter crystal hibernation for healing. Both Noctis'Timore and Arcyng Leo'Animus became Tenebris'Cor's prisoners after this horrible event.

Insert image of The Angel's Coup D'etat here

The New Age
  • The Dig
    For the first time ever, Sanguinem Luna Clan participated in a Sornieth-wide effort. To other clans of Sornieth, this is known as the Dustcarve Dig where the clans sent their representatives to assist the Guild in the excavation. The honor of representing Sanguinem Luna fell onto Audens'Cor Leanne, the Captain of the Hunters, and two of her subordinates: Kosuke Kimura and Danno Ohno. The clan was proud to welcome Terra'Melos into their midst as a blacksmith.

Insert image of The Dig here

• No Longer Home
    It was a dreaded outcome. The loathsome "Ancient" of the Arcanist's design crash landed onto Sornieth to spread their scourge once again. Some of the slumbering ones of Sanguinem Luna had hoped the lot of them died in the depths of space. If only Sornieth were so lucky. More likely than not the Arcanist accidentally sent some magic that saved his terrible creation in their time of distress. The return of the awfully dim-witted species only spelled one thing. Doom. That many clans welcomed these worthless paper-munchers with open wings was an alarming development.

Among those that remembered the incompetence and terrible nature of the Aether was Tenebris'Cor. He would not let the efforts and survival of his clan be at risk of infection by this species of dragon. If one could even call them that. There was nothing dragon about the creature. An amalgamation of moth, leech, and frog with no magic to speak of nor respect for knowledge to even remotely fit in with Arcane core beliefs.

If the whole of Arcane Flight wanted to be a Flight of bugs and throw away everything that made it desirable to work with. So be it. Our clan had no ball and chain to shackle us to their folly.

Tenebris'Cor, like Arcyng before him, summoned the full might of his Titan blood. In the blink of an eye, the entire floating island that was Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory disappeared from orbiting Focal Point. Far to the south in the lands of the Ice Flight, the skies trembled, and the wind howled. Materializing in a roar of thunder and wave of displaced air and snow, Sanguinem Luna Clan's floating island appeared among the peaks of the Cloudscrape Crags. Disappearing into the clouds and braving heights that not even the Ice Flight dare to tread.

Insert image of Sanguinem Luna's new home here
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
[center][b]New and [i]Old[/i] Heraldry[/b] [size=2][i]Written by Tacet'Mare[/i][/size] [size=2][i]Corrected by Tenebris'Terra[/i][/size] By decree of the Patriarch, Tenebris'Cor, I update this entry to reflect current times. Magna'Mater's rule is long dead, her sleeping body nowhere to be found. [s]And so help me I will find the fool that moved her[/s]. By the efforts of my husband, Sanguinem Luna Clan is saved from the path of disaster it was previously treading. We no longer bow to the foolish Arcanist, he was undeserving of our efforts to save his withering domain. Now we turn our efforts to a far more deserving ally, the Icewarden and the dragons of the Ice Flight. Famed for their collections, the dragons of the Ice Flight have displayed far more consideration for protecting things that must be protected. Their warriors are fierce, their faith strong, and they value knowledge. The new heraldry of Sanguinem Luna goes as follows: Insert Heraldry Image Here The charge displays a black Skydancer dragon rampant displayed guardant (rearing up, wings outstretched, and looking at the viewer) with a gules(red) crescent moon above the head with a single gules(red) teardrop falling toward the Skydancer. The points of the crescent moon point above and away from the Skydancer. This denotes Sanguinem Luna Clan's lament for the Arcane Flight as it falls under its own folly. This charge lies above an argent(silver) field with an azure(blue) crest of the Ice Flight. This denotes Tenebris'Cor's and Sanguinem Luna Clan's dedication to the Icewarden and readiness to fight and protect our new home. On the exterior of the shield are scrolls carrying the phrase "Frigoribus tenebris, cor furit!" This phrase translates to "In the cold dark, my heart rages!" Only those loyal to Sanguinem Luna Clan chant this battle cry. One may hear or see traitors bearing the standard described below. [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/d3423b352297078920772754701e6208/db16e192afbaa9d3-e4/s400x600/8202d016d9a5b11d285cb9d7b59f7684e161fec9.png[/img] Personal heraldries may vary for the members of the clan. Sanguinem Luna Clan's old [s]official[/s] heraldry goes as follows: The charge displays a gules(red) guardian dragon rampant guardant (rearing up and looking at the viewer) atop a crescent moon. This is to honor Magna'Mater, her desire to create a strong clan that will protect those that require such aid, and the harvest moon that witnessed the clan's establishment. Inside the crescent moon's two points is the purpur(purple) symbol of Arcane, to symbolize Sanguinem Luna Clan's dedication to defending the Arcane Flight and loyalty to the Arcanist. This charge lies atop a field of argent(silver) with a maroon chief. The silver is our promise to our allies that we always would prefer peace. However the maroon chief is our warning to our enemies that we are a patient foe and will prove our valor on the battlefield. On the exterior of the shield are scrolls carrying the phrase "Per matris magna gratia est lumen luna in sanguinem, ad victoriam!" This phrase translates to "By the great mother’s grace, in the blood moon’s light, to victory!" More often than not the warriors of our clan will chant this phrase before battle. [/center]
New and Old Heraldry
Written by Tacet'Mare
Corrected by Tenebris'Terra

By decree of the Patriarch, Tenebris'Cor, I update this entry to reflect current times. Magna'Mater's rule is long dead, her sleeping body nowhere to be found. And so help me I will find the fool that moved her. By the efforts of my husband, Sanguinem Luna Clan is saved from the path of disaster it was previously treading. We no longer bow to the foolish Arcanist, he was undeserving of our efforts to save his withering domain. Now we turn our efforts to a far more deserving ally, the Icewarden and the dragons of the Ice Flight.

Famed for their collections, the dragons of the Ice Flight have displayed far more consideration for protecting things that must be protected. Their warriors are fierce, their faith strong, and they value knowledge.

The new heraldry of Sanguinem Luna goes as follows:

Insert Heraldry Image Here

The charge displays a black Skydancer dragon rampant displayed guardant (rearing up, wings outstretched, and looking at the viewer) with a gules(red) crescent moon above the head with a single gules(red) teardrop falling toward the Skydancer. The points of the crescent moon point above and away from the Skydancer. This denotes Sanguinem Luna Clan's lament for the Arcane Flight as it falls under its own folly. This charge lies above an argent(silver) field with an azure(blue) crest of the Ice Flight. This denotes Tenebris'Cor's and Sanguinem Luna Clan's dedication to the Icewarden and readiness to fight and protect our new home.

On the exterior of the shield are scrolls carrying the phrase "Frigoribus tenebris, cor furit!" This phrase translates to "In the cold dark, my heart rages!" Only those loyal to Sanguinem Luna Clan chant this battle cry. One may hear or see traitors bearing the standard described below.

8202d016d9a5b11d285cb9d7b59f7684e161fec9.png

Personal heraldries may vary for the members of the clan. Sanguinem Luna Clan's old official heraldry goes as follows:

The charge displays a gules(red) guardian dragon rampant guardant (rearing up and looking at the viewer) atop a crescent moon. This is to honor Magna'Mater, her desire to create a strong clan that will protect those that require such aid, and the harvest moon that witnessed the clan's establishment. Inside the crescent moon's two points is the purpur(purple) symbol of Arcane, to symbolize Sanguinem Luna Clan's dedication to defending the Arcane Flight and loyalty to the Arcanist. This charge lies atop a field of argent(silver) with a maroon chief. The silver is our promise to our allies that we always would prefer peace. However the maroon chief is our warning to our enemies that we are a patient foe and will prove our valor on the battlefield.

On the exterior of the shield are scrolls carrying the phrase "Per matris magna gratia est lumen luna in sanguinem, ad victoriam!" This phrase translates to "By the great mother’s grace, in the blood moon’s light, to victory!" More often than not the warriors of our clan will chant this phrase before battle.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
The Hierarchy of the Clan

The Hierarchy of the Clan is rather interesting to study. Each role provides important services to the continued success of the Clan. Below are the ranks listed and a description of that rank's associated duties.

The Royal Court
  • Matriarch & Patriarch
    The reigning pair of the entire clan. The Matriarch oversees domestic castes while the Patriarch oversees military castes. The pair coordinate in order to maintain a balanced clan and will have the final say in a dispute. The pair will also work together when it comes to foreign affairs.
  • The Heir Apparent
    Unlike the Matriarch and Patriarch, the Heir Apparent is the named successor and is a title that only goes to one. This applies even if the Heir Apparent has a mate. The named Heir Apparent will shadow the Matriarch and Patriarch in order to learn about leading the clan. The Heir Apparent participates in court gatherings to actively learn about how the clan's leadership discusses resource distribution. This role is not restricted to blood relation and is often fought over. During the Pantheon Age, Divinus'Ignis was Arcyng's named Heir Apparent. He lost the title when he was defeated by Tenebris'Cor in combat. The named Heir Apparent for the New Age is Somnus'Umbra.
  • The High Mystic
    A close advisor to the Matriarch and Patriarch. This role requires the ability to foresee the future and to think critically about the well being of the clan. This is the direct supervisor for the Domestic Castes and often will settle disputes before they reach the Matriarch. Only two have held this title: Tacet'Mare during the Titan Age and Aeterna'Tempus during the Pantheon Age. The position has remained eerily vacant ever since The Angel's Coup D'Etat.
  • The Grand General
    The full title is the Grand General of the Mage Knights. This role is a close advisor to the Matriarch and Patriarch. This is the direct supervisor for the Military Castes and often will settle disputes before they reach the Patriarch. This high ranking General is chosen from among the four military divisions and is based on merit in three categories: physical prowess in battle, communication skills, and critical thinking. Only two have held this title: Niveus'Aecor during the Titan Age and Ferox'Bellator during the Pantheon Age. The position has remained eerily vacant ever since The Angel's Coup D'Etat. However rumor has it that many in the military castes are pushing for Audens'Cor Ladarius to take the rank.
  • The Nursery Mother
    This role falls into the Domestic Caste, however the well being of the clan's young is of high enough importance that the Nursery Mother is considered part of the Royal Court. More often than not whoever is in this role will pass off whatever she needs from the Matriarch to the High Mystic so that she can remain at the Nursery instead of attending court meetings. As of right now there have been two that held this position, Aequum'Musa during the Titan Age, and Cupita during the Pantheon Age. Cupita has remained as Nursery Mother to the present day.
  • The Undertaker
    This role falls into the Domestic Caste, however the handling of the dead is considered very important and is why the Undertaker is considered a member of the Royal Court. There has been only one to hold this position throughout the Titan and Pantheon Ages and that was Noctis'Timore. With so many Imperials that come through and live in the clan, there was always the concern that an Emperor would emerge. However, thanks to Noctis'Timore's incredible power, an Emperor has never been able to rise. Noctis'Timore is the Founder of the Cult of Rebirth, which is an unsavory faction within Sanguinem Luna that is not an official caste. To which their hierarchy is unknown. As for who became the Undertaker for the New Age, many assume either Mollis'Somnus or Exitus are taking care of the dead.
  • The Loremaster
    This role falls into the Domestic Caste, however the handling of the clan's history and collective scientific findings is considered very important. Thus the Loremaster is considered a member of the Royal Court. This role has been held by two, Tacet'Mare during the Titan Age and Aeterna'Scientia from the Pantheon Age to the present. The Loremaster oversees The Repository, a grand library, where all of Sanguinem Luna's knowledge is collected and stored. It is a giant collection of scrolls that is cleverly hidden within the Crystal Spire and is not open to the public. Only the Royal Court and the Astronomers are permitted inside. Any caste that needs a scroll from the library must make the request to The Loremaster.
  • The Patriarch's Retainers
    There are always three that serve the Patriarch directly more as caretakers and bodyguards. Typically operating in shifts, these retainers are typically warriors of prominence from the ranks of the military castes. During each Age, the retainers of the Patriarch have earned nicknames for their collective trio. For Magna'Patrem's retainer trio they are referred to fondly as the Patriarch's Hammer, Shield, and Sorceress. For Arcyng's retainer trio they are referred to as the Sword Trinity. Tenebris'Cor has yet to take on retainers.
  • The Matriarch's Retainers
    There are always three that serve the Matriarch directly as caretakers and bodyguards, much like the Patriarch's Retainers. They operate in shifts and are typically pulled from the military caste. The most famous trio of Matriarch's Retainers was Tacet'Mare, Tropicae'Ventus, and Flamma'Crus; who served Magna'Mater. Firanira's retainer trio are referred to as the Matriarch's Guard. Tenebris'Terra has yet to take on retainers.

Domestic Castes
  • Crystalweavers
    Crystalweavers follow the direction of the Master Crystalweaver, whom reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as structural and civil engineers for the Crystal Spire. They maintain, repair, and build to ensure that all have a safe place to live. Some often take up hobbies of building crystal art in their free time. They coordinate with all factions to ensure that designs are viable.
  • Plant Singers
    The Plant Singers follow the direction of the Song Master/Mistress, whom reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary farmers for the Crystal Spire. They care for the land that is within Sanguinem Luna's territory and practice holistic farming. They produce plants for the herbivores and maintain the domestic herds for the carnivores. Others also see to the plants growing inside the Crystal Spire itself, making sure there is lovely green areas within the structure itself. They coordinate primarily with the Hunters and Chefs to ensure there is enough food to go around yet protect the natural processes inside Sanguinem Luna's territory.
  • Hunters
    The Hunters follow the direction of the Captain of the Hunters, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary scavengers for the Crystal Spire. They primarily hunt wild game to supplement the food stores and maintain the health of wild populations. They also find other useful materials and goods in the wilds of Sornieth. They will assist the Plant Singers with the livestock at the Crystal Spire as well. They coordinate primarily with the Plant Singers and Chefs to ensure there is enough food to go around.
  • Nursery Sisters
    The Nursery Sisters follow the direction of the Nursery Mother, who reports to the Matriarch. This caste serves as the primary caretakers for mothers and hatchlings at the Crystal Spire. They maintain the nursery to make sure it is a safe place for mothers to nest and rear the hatchlings. They will also be nannies when the mothers need to get back to work. They will coordinate with the Plant Singers and Crystalweavers to make sure there is enough nesting material.
  • Blacksmiths
    The Blacksmiths follow the direction of the Foredragon, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary tool makers for the entire clan. They will forge tools out of a variety of materials, depending on what is gathered by the Hunters and any by-products produced by the Plant Singers and Crystalweavers. They coordinate with every caste of the Clan, since tools are essential, from creating hoes for the Plant Singers to forging weapons for the military castes. More often than not, they send their products to the Spellsmiths for further enhancements.
  • Spellsmiths
    The Spellsmiths follow the direction of the Lead Spellsmith, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as alchemists and material scientists for the clan. They will craft runes to augment tools, create barriers, and produce runes for everything that needs some magic support. They coordinate mostly with the Blacksmiths however they will occasionally work with the Hunters and Crystalweavers to restock their supplies. They will meet with the Astronomers annually to share research, which usually turns into a large fair that all are invited to.
  • Astronomers
    The Astronomers follow the direction of the Director of Astronomy, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary scientific body of the clan. They research spacial and magic phenomena to compile knowledge gathered from across Sornieth. They will deliver their findings to the Loremaster for storage in the grand library within the Crystal Spire. The Astronomers pride themselves on maintaining civilized and spirited practices that observe the right to free speech. If an individual voices an opinion without backing up with facts, then the opposition will use facts to refute. They do not coordinate very much with other castes with the exception being the Spellsmiths and Illusionists. This annual gathering to share research between the three castes has developed into a large fair where all are welcome to enjoy the discoveries and learn.
  • Chefs
    The Chefs follow the direction of the Head Chef, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves the clan by taking the food stores and cooking up delicious meals for the members of the clan. They run a large feast hall where all are welcome to come and grab a bite to eat. They coordinate with the Hunters and Plant Singers to ensure that the food stores are well supplied. Occasionally a chef will take a trolley to the other castes that are not able to get away from their work to deliver meals. This caste is famous for its hospitality and for creating a fun atmosphere at the feast hall.

Military Castes
  • The Day's Watch
    The Day's Watch is the most celebrated military branch at the Crystal Spire. Under the command of the Captain of the Day's Watch, who reports to the Grand General of the Mage Knights, this caste serves as the vanguard in most conflicts. All members are trained to the highest battle craft standards and conduct themselves with incredible chivalry on and off the battlefield. To get into this branch is an incredible honor and testament to the dragon's skill. This caste will coordinate with the Night's Watch and the Illusionists to organize balanced schedules to keep the territory under constant surveillance. As the name suggests the Day's Watch is on duty for patrols and sentry duty during the morning, noon, and finishes the shift at sunset. Members of the Day's Watch with high honors go as follows:
    The Titan Age The Pantheon Age The New Age
  • The Night's Watch
    The Night's Watch is the counterpart to the Day's Watch. While not as celebrated by the clan at large, this military branch conducts themselves with ferocious tenacity under the command of the Captain of the Night's Watch. The entry exams are not as stringent with little to no background check so dragons with more unsavory backgrounds are permitted to serve in this branch. This caste will coordinate with the Day's Watch and the Illusionists to organize balanced schedules to keep the territory under constant surveillance. As the name suggests the Night's Watch is on duty for patrols and sentry duty starting at sunset, goes well passed midnight, and finishes the shift at sunrise. Members of the Night's Watch with high honors go as follows:
  • The Illusionists
    The Illusionists are a unique caste that perform domestic functions like the Sea Patrol. Under the command of the Master Illusionist, this caste will split its members between serving as support for the Day's Watch or Night's Watch and support the Astronomers in research. This caste will coordinate with the respective castes involved to ensure the required tasks are seen to. As the name suggests, this caste specializes in members that are masters of magic and thus implement a rigorous enlistment process. Members of the Illusionists with high honors go as follows:
  • The Sea Patrol
    The Sea Patrol is a unique caste that perform domestic functions like the Illusionists. Under the command of the Captain of the Sea Patrol, this caste will split its members between waterway patrols and fishing. This caste will make sure that its members aren't overtaxed so the schedule is balanced to account for necessary rest for its members. Sometimes criticized as the laziest of the branches, this caste will often prove to be the most violent when engaging with an enemy of the clan. Members of this caste are required to be proficient swimmers and masters of water magic. Members of the Sea Patrol with high honors go as follows:

Factions Outside The Main Clan

These factions are loosely tied to the main clan however are not acknowledged by the Royal Court as official castes.
  • Ziora's Mage Knights
    Lead by Ziora, a descendant of Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem, the Mage Knights are trained by Ziora to be masters of magic and physical combat. They are often hired out as mercenaries or mentors to other clans. Their base of operations is in Serenity Village.

• The Cult of Rebirth
    Established and lead by Noctis'Timore, this cult has been around for nearly as long as Sanguinem Luna Clan. It is a secretive group, malevolent and fierce, that control the Hallowed Hall at the base of the Crystal Spire. This group is the main reason why Sanguinem Luna is a small clan. Very little is known about their hierarchy, however I have been able to pick up two distinctive ranks. The Angels of Rebirth are the limbs of Noctis'Timore, gathering sacrifices for the Rite of Ascension. Then regrettably there are the Ascendant, the title for those doomed to undergo the rite.

The Rite of Ascension is a... necessary evil as my mother Magna'Mater would call it. It is a ritual that is part of a larger ritual called the Rite of Rebirth. More on that in a different section. The Rite of Ascension is overseen by Noctis'Timore where dragons are sent to serve the Arcanist. While it may not sound so bad, perhaps even honorable, to those outside the clan; its original purpose has been twisted by Noctis'Timore. Dragons are taken into the depths of the Crystal Spire and put through a gauntlet of horrors until their spirit is broken. While some have escaped, many have not and by the end the candidates for Ascension are begging Noctis'Timore for freedom. When such is the case, Noctis'Timore will complete the Rite of Ascension by taking the dragon's soul and sending their shell to the Arcanist. A soulless shell that will serve the Arcanist for eternity.
The Hierarchy of the Clan

The Hierarchy of the Clan is rather interesting to study. Each role provides important services to the continued success of the Clan. Below are the ranks listed and a description of that rank's associated duties.

The Royal Court
  • Matriarch & Patriarch
    The reigning pair of the entire clan. The Matriarch oversees domestic castes while the Patriarch oversees military castes. The pair coordinate in order to maintain a balanced clan and will have the final say in a dispute. The pair will also work together when it comes to foreign affairs.
  • The Heir Apparent
    Unlike the Matriarch and Patriarch, the Heir Apparent is the named successor and is a title that only goes to one. This applies even if the Heir Apparent has a mate. The named Heir Apparent will shadow the Matriarch and Patriarch in order to learn about leading the clan. The Heir Apparent participates in court gatherings to actively learn about how the clan's leadership discusses resource distribution. This role is not restricted to blood relation and is often fought over. During the Pantheon Age, Divinus'Ignis was Arcyng's named Heir Apparent. He lost the title when he was defeated by Tenebris'Cor in combat. The named Heir Apparent for the New Age is Somnus'Umbra.
  • The High Mystic
    A close advisor to the Matriarch and Patriarch. This role requires the ability to foresee the future and to think critically about the well being of the clan. This is the direct supervisor for the Domestic Castes and often will settle disputes before they reach the Matriarch. Only two have held this title: Tacet'Mare during the Titan Age and Aeterna'Tempus during the Pantheon Age. The position has remained eerily vacant ever since The Angel's Coup D'Etat.
  • The Grand General
    The full title is the Grand General of the Mage Knights. This role is a close advisor to the Matriarch and Patriarch. This is the direct supervisor for the Military Castes and often will settle disputes before they reach the Patriarch. This high ranking General is chosen from among the four military divisions and is based on merit in three categories: physical prowess in battle, communication skills, and critical thinking. Only two have held this title: Niveus'Aecor during the Titan Age and Ferox'Bellator during the Pantheon Age. The position has remained eerily vacant ever since The Angel's Coup D'Etat. However rumor has it that many in the military castes are pushing for Audens'Cor Ladarius to take the rank.
  • The Nursery Mother
    This role falls into the Domestic Caste, however the well being of the clan's young is of high enough importance that the Nursery Mother is considered part of the Royal Court. More often than not whoever is in this role will pass off whatever she needs from the Matriarch to the High Mystic so that she can remain at the Nursery instead of attending court meetings. As of right now there have been two that held this position, Aequum'Musa during the Titan Age, and Cupita during the Pantheon Age. Cupita has remained as Nursery Mother to the present day.
  • The Undertaker
    This role falls into the Domestic Caste, however the handling of the dead is considered very important and is why the Undertaker is considered a member of the Royal Court. There has been only one to hold this position throughout the Titan and Pantheon Ages and that was Noctis'Timore. With so many Imperials that come through and live in the clan, there was always the concern that an Emperor would emerge. However, thanks to Noctis'Timore's incredible power, an Emperor has never been able to rise. Noctis'Timore is the Founder of the Cult of Rebirth, which is an unsavory faction within Sanguinem Luna that is not an official caste. To which their hierarchy is unknown. As for who became the Undertaker for the New Age, many assume either Mollis'Somnus or Exitus are taking care of the dead.
  • The Loremaster
    This role falls into the Domestic Caste, however the handling of the clan's history and collective scientific findings is considered very important. Thus the Loremaster is considered a member of the Royal Court. This role has been held by two, Tacet'Mare during the Titan Age and Aeterna'Scientia from the Pantheon Age to the present. The Loremaster oversees The Repository, a grand library, where all of Sanguinem Luna's knowledge is collected and stored. It is a giant collection of scrolls that is cleverly hidden within the Crystal Spire and is not open to the public. Only the Royal Court and the Astronomers are permitted inside. Any caste that needs a scroll from the library must make the request to The Loremaster.
  • The Patriarch's Retainers
    There are always three that serve the Patriarch directly more as caretakers and bodyguards. Typically operating in shifts, these retainers are typically warriors of prominence from the ranks of the military castes. During each Age, the retainers of the Patriarch have earned nicknames for their collective trio. For Magna'Patrem's retainer trio they are referred to fondly as the Patriarch's Hammer, Shield, and Sorceress. For Arcyng's retainer trio they are referred to as the Sword Trinity. Tenebris'Cor has yet to take on retainers.
  • The Matriarch's Retainers
    There are always three that serve the Matriarch directly as caretakers and bodyguards, much like the Patriarch's Retainers. They operate in shifts and are typically pulled from the military caste. The most famous trio of Matriarch's Retainers was Tacet'Mare, Tropicae'Ventus, and Flamma'Crus; who served Magna'Mater. Firanira's retainer trio are referred to as the Matriarch's Guard. Tenebris'Terra has yet to take on retainers.

Domestic Castes
  • Crystalweavers
    Crystalweavers follow the direction of the Master Crystalweaver, whom reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as structural and civil engineers for the Crystal Spire. They maintain, repair, and build to ensure that all have a safe place to live. Some often take up hobbies of building crystal art in their free time. They coordinate with all factions to ensure that designs are viable.
  • Plant Singers
    The Plant Singers follow the direction of the Song Master/Mistress, whom reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary farmers for the Crystal Spire. They care for the land that is within Sanguinem Luna's territory and practice holistic farming. They produce plants for the herbivores and maintain the domestic herds for the carnivores. Others also see to the plants growing inside the Crystal Spire itself, making sure there is lovely green areas within the structure itself. They coordinate primarily with the Hunters and Chefs to ensure there is enough food to go around yet protect the natural processes inside Sanguinem Luna's territory.
  • Hunters
    The Hunters follow the direction of the Captain of the Hunters, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary scavengers for the Crystal Spire. They primarily hunt wild game to supplement the food stores and maintain the health of wild populations. They also find other useful materials and goods in the wilds of Sornieth. They will assist the Plant Singers with the livestock at the Crystal Spire as well. They coordinate primarily with the Plant Singers and Chefs to ensure there is enough food to go around.
  • Nursery Sisters
    The Nursery Sisters follow the direction of the Nursery Mother, who reports to the Matriarch. This caste serves as the primary caretakers for mothers and hatchlings at the Crystal Spire. They maintain the nursery to make sure it is a safe place for mothers to nest and rear the hatchlings. They will also be nannies when the mothers need to get back to work. They will coordinate with the Plant Singers and Crystalweavers to make sure there is enough nesting material.
  • Blacksmiths
    The Blacksmiths follow the direction of the Foredragon, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary tool makers for the entire clan. They will forge tools out of a variety of materials, depending on what is gathered by the Hunters and any by-products produced by the Plant Singers and Crystalweavers. They coordinate with every caste of the Clan, since tools are essential, from creating hoes for the Plant Singers to forging weapons for the military castes. More often than not, they send their products to the Spellsmiths for further enhancements.
  • Spellsmiths
    The Spellsmiths follow the direction of the Lead Spellsmith, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as alchemists and material scientists for the clan. They will craft runes to augment tools, create barriers, and produce runes for everything that needs some magic support. They coordinate mostly with the Blacksmiths however they will occasionally work with the Hunters and Crystalweavers to restock their supplies. They will meet with the Astronomers annually to share research, which usually turns into a large fair that all are invited to.
  • Astronomers
    The Astronomers follow the direction of the Director of Astronomy, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves as the primary scientific body of the clan. They research spacial and magic phenomena to compile knowledge gathered from across Sornieth. They will deliver their findings to the Loremaster for storage in the grand library within the Crystal Spire. The Astronomers pride themselves on maintaining civilized and spirited practices that observe the right to free speech. If an individual voices an opinion without backing up with facts, then the opposition will use facts to refute. They do not coordinate very much with other castes with the exception being the Spellsmiths and Illusionists. This annual gathering to share research between the three castes has developed into a large fair where all are welcome to enjoy the discoveries and learn.
  • Chefs
    The Chefs follow the direction of the Head Chef, who reports to the High Mystic. This caste serves the clan by taking the food stores and cooking up delicious meals for the members of the clan. They run a large feast hall where all are welcome to come and grab a bite to eat. They coordinate with the Hunters and Plant Singers to ensure that the food stores are well supplied. Occasionally a chef will take a trolley to the other castes that are not able to get away from their work to deliver meals. This caste is famous for its hospitality and for creating a fun atmosphere at the feast hall.

Military Castes
  • The Day's Watch
    The Day's Watch is the most celebrated military branch at the Crystal Spire. Under the command of the Captain of the Day's Watch, who reports to the Grand General of the Mage Knights, this caste serves as the vanguard in most conflicts. All members are trained to the highest battle craft standards and conduct themselves with incredible chivalry on and off the battlefield. To get into this branch is an incredible honor and testament to the dragon's skill. This caste will coordinate with the Night's Watch and the Illusionists to organize balanced schedules to keep the territory under constant surveillance. As the name suggests the Day's Watch is on duty for patrols and sentry duty during the morning, noon, and finishes the shift at sunset. Members of the Day's Watch with high honors go as follows:
  • The Night's Watch
    The Night's Watch is the counterpart to the Day's Watch. While not as celebrated by the clan at large, this military branch conducts themselves with ferocious tenacity under the command of the Captain of the Night's Watch. The entry exams are not as stringent with little to no background check so dragons with more unsavory backgrounds are permitted to serve in this branch. This caste will coordinate with the Day's Watch and the Illusionists to organize balanced schedules to keep the territory under constant surveillance. As the name suggests the Night's Watch is on duty for patrols and sentry duty starting at sunset, goes well passed midnight, and finishes the shift at sunrise. Members of the Night's Watch with high honors go as follows:
  • The Illusionists
    The Illusionists are a unique caste that perform domestic functions like the Sea Patrol. Under the command of the Master Illusionist, this caste will split its members between serving as support for the Day's Watch or Night's Watch and support the Astronomers in research. This caste will coordinate with the respective castes involved to ensure the required tasks are seen to. As the name suggests, this caste specializes in members that are masters of magic and thus implement a rigorous enlistment process. Members of the Illusionists with high honors go as follows:
  • The Sea Patrol
    The Sea Patrol is a unique caste that perform domestic functions like the Illusionists. Under the command of the Captain of the Sea Patrol, this caste will split its members between waterway patrols and fishing. This caste will make sure that its members aren't overtaxed so the schedule is balanced to account for necessary rest for its members. Sometimes criticized as the laziest of the branches, this caste will often prove to be the most violent when engaging with an enemy of the clan. Members of this caste are required to be proficient swimmers and masters of water magic. Members of the Sea Patrol with high honors go as follows:

Factions Outside The Main Clan

These factions are loosely tied to the main clan however are not acknowledged by the Royal Court as official castes.
  • Ziora's Mage Knights
    Lead by Ziora, a descendant of Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem, the Mage Knights are trained by Ziora to be masters of magic and physical combat. They are often hired out as mercenaries or mentors to other clans. Their base of operations is in Serenity Village.

• The Cult of Rebirth
    Established and lead by Noctis'Timore, this cult has been around for nearly as long as Sanguinem Luna Clan. It is a secretive group, malevolent and fierce, that control the Hallowed Hall at the base of the Crystal Spire. This group is the main reason why Sanguinem Luna is a small clan. Very little is known about their hierarchy, however I have been able to pick up two distinctive ranks. The Angels of Rebirth are the limbs of Noctis'Timore, gathering sacrifices for the Rite of Ascension. Then regrettably there are the Ascendant, the title for those doomed to undergo the rite.

The Rite of Ascension is a... necessary evil as my mother Magna'Mater would call it. It is a ritual that is part of a larger ritual called the Rite of Rebirth. More on that in a different section. The Rite of Ascension is overseen by Noctis'Timore where dragons are sent to serve the Arcanist. While it may not sound so bad, perhaps even honorable, to those outside the clan; its original purpose has been twisted by Noctis'Timore. Dragons are taken into the depths of the Crystal Spire and put through a gauntlet of horrors until their spirit is broken. While some have escaped, many have not and by the end the candidates for Ascension are begging Noctis'Timore for freedom. When such is the case, Noctis'Timore will complete the Rite of Ascension by taking the dragon's soul and sending their shell to the Arcanist. A soulless shell that will serve the Arcanist for eternity.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
[center][b]The Clan Territory[/b] [size=2][i]Written by Aeterna'Scientia[/i][/size] [columns]Insert Image of the Floating Isle Here [nextcol]While the concept of a floating island is nothing new to the Starfall Isles, our island was not created by natural Sornieth forces. What has always been the centerpiece of our clan's territory is the Crystal Spire and that has been true since the beginning of our clan. Granted the Crystal Spire was once part of the Crystalspine Reaches until Arcyng warped the structure into the middle of an inland sea within the mainland's Starwood Strand. The Crystal Spire stands like a shining spearhead, piercing the heavens from its anchorage within the inland sea. The inland sea and its nearest hills and mountains were once part of the mainland, until the clan united their magic under Arcyng's guidance and ripped the entire lot free to join the islands and debris that orbit Focal Point. As the island orbits Focal Point, it will subtly rotate to maintain true north with Sornieth's north pole, that way directions are clear within our territory. I surmise creating the new island was to show the local beastclans just how powerful the clan was. Although, they should've already been aware of it when Arcyng incinerated their main army during The Scouring (Please see The Scouring further on for more details). I digress. I shall provide a map below and describe important areas within the Crystal Spire and our island territory. [/columns] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/193b44a96c1e168a8c8be26de4be1698/4ba0401e6cd2d50d-97/s500x750/1daec6f000b0ca8c4ec90538dd3b9abaf3b5709e.png[/img] *I used Inkarnate to make this map* [i]The Crystal Spire Interior[/i] [left][List][*][b]The Main Hall[/b] The Main Hall is where all guests first enter the Crystal Spire. It is a magnificent chamber that hosts gatherings of all sizes. There are three tunnels that come off of this chamber, all leading into the Crystal Spire's interior. One tunnel on the left stays on the same level and goes to some sleeping quarters for high ranking officers in the Mage Knights as well as Tacet'Mare's personal quarters where he held fortune telling sessions. One tunnel behind a raised slab of crystal will lead into the depths of the Crystal Spire and is the primary tunnel to navigate the majority of the Crystal Spire. The tunnel on the right goes to the top of the Crystal Spire, where the only chamber is Titan's Rest. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]Titan's Rest[/b] Titan's Rest is where Magna'Mater, Magna'Patrem, and the rest of their court (save for Tacet'Mare) sleep in crystal stasis within the walls of this grand chamber. In the Titan Age, this chamber was Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem's personal quarters. During the Pantheon Age, this chamber was a place of enlightenment where inquiring minds could come to meditate and maybe speak with the sleeping Titans. Nowadays this chamber has a darker purpose as it serves as Arcyng and Noctis'Timore's prison. No one is allowed into this hall except Tenebris'Cor, Tenebris'Terra, Somnus'Umbra, Tenebris'Lux, and Tacet'Mare. Of course, the foolish will test this and are always chased out by Tenebris'Cor. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Nursery[/b] The Nursery is where the mothers of the clan come to nest. This chamber has a small entrance, similar to a rabbit den entrance, that is low to the floor so that eggs do not float out. The chamber itself has a low ceiling however it is spacious and cozy. This chamber is found deep within the Crystal Spire and is relatively difficult to get to so raids on the nests are harder. The Nursery Sisters keep this chamber in fantastic condition and maintain a bright and merry atmosphere with plenty of mage lights. The air inside this chamber is fragrant from the sweet aroma of star moss and any flowers that the Nursery Sisters decide to decorate with. Many members of the clan have their personal chambers on the same level as the Nursery. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Hallowed Hall[/b] The Hallowed Hall is the most feared and forbidden location within Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory. This hall is Noctis'Timore's domain and his prison for the Titan and Pantheon Ages where he rules over the dead and the Cult of Rebirth. The infamous Rite of Ascension is conducted here, where the souls of the Ascendant are absorbed by Noctis'Timore and their physical bodies are sent to serve in the Arcanist's army. I was captured by my brother Noctis'Timore and was going to undergo the Rite of Ascension, therefore I can personally atest to how horrible the entire process of Exalting is. It was immensely fortunate that my siblings came to my aid. The Hallowed Hall is actually a labyrinth of tunnels and chambers at the base of the Crystal Spire with only two entrances. The main tunnel that is accessible from the Main Hall, and a small balcony that is connected to Noctis'Timore's personal chambers. The balcony is hidden and difficult to access thanks to how closely guarded it is by the Angels of Rebirth, the members of Noctis'Timore's cult. This is the place where the mortals that pass away in Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory are laid to rest as well. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Feast Hall[/b] The Feast Hall is connected to the main tunnel and is a large chamber set near the mid-levels of the Crystal Spire. Set between the higher level of the Main Hall and lower level of the Arcanium, this large chamber possesses grand tables where the clan can gather to eat together with large chandaliers of mage lights illuminating the place in a merry glow. A big kitchen is connected to the Feast Hall where the chefs work diligently to make sure there is plenty of food to feed the clan. Likewise a pantry is connected to the kitchen where Plant Singers and Hunters deliver the food. Many delicious and artistic dishes are produced by the chefs and served in this hall. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Training Hall[/b] The Training Hall is one of the plainest series of chambers within the Crystal Spire. It is split into multiple sections to indicate its purpose, the Entryway which is for easier training, Gauntlet Row which is only for elite soldiers, and the residential caverns. The Blacksmiths and Spellsmiths will provide obstacles and training weapons for the military castes to use when they are training here. The majority of the members of the military caste also have their personal chambers on this level or a level below. It is set on a level between the Hallowed Hall and the Nursery in the hopes of discouraging the Angels of Rebirth from kidnapping hatchlings. I believe it has worked somewhat, but I also believe that the frequency of our own being exalted has gone down since Tenebris'Cor took control of the Clan. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Repository[/b] As I am the master of the Repository, I can say that this hall of knowledge is in an undisclosed location within the Crystal Spire. It is completely inaccessible to anyone except for me and the Astronomers. The collective knowledge of Sanguinem Luna is stored here in this hall as part of an expansive collection of scrolls and tablets. A lot of the knowledge we have is too important to just let any random dragon look at, so it is necessary for requests to be submitted to me. I have a little request box outside of my personal chambers near the Arcanium so that dragons can submit their requests. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Sky Forge[/b] The Sky Forge is an interesting hall within the Crystal Spire. Due to the necessity of good air circulation, this chamber is open to the sky. This is where the Blacksmiths and Spellsmiths work to craft their wares. It is on the same level as the Feast Hall however it is on the other side of the Crystal Spire. The main feature of this hall is the massive forge area in the center where a large carved crystal statue of Magna'Patrem sits. There are plenty of work tables and a smaller room where designs can be drafted first. There are large racks for storing incomplete or complete tools and shelves for rune stones along the walls. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Arcanium[/b] The Arcanium is a large collection of halls and chambers dedicated to research and learning. The Astronomers typically work on their research and run tutoring sessions for the rest of the clan. Usually there are empty rooms set aside for mentors to work with their pupils. Because my drop off box is nearby, the Astronomers will submit their work to me for archiving in the Repository if they do not have the time to take it themselves. The Arcanium level is between the Feast Hall and the Nursery. [/list][/left] [i]Key Locations Around the Territory[/i] [left][List][*][b]The Mother's Spine[/b] Named after the crystal formation that was on Magna’Mater’s back, The Mother's Spine is a mountain range that runs from Northwest of the Crystal Spire around the island perimeter to finish Southeast of the Crystal Spire. Much like the Crystalspine Reaches, these mountains are comprised of a crystalline material that gradually becomes metamorphic rock the deeper one digs. The slopes of the Mother's Spine peaks are the wrong orientation relative to Focal Point prior to Sanguinem Luna creating the floating island. Which was what prompted further research from our Astronomers during the Pantheon Age. They surmise this is geologic record of when the Arcanist was created back in the Third Age. However, unlike the Crystalspine Reaches which clearly indicate Focal Point as the epicenter of the initial explosion, the Mother's Spine was not originally formed by the initial explosion but rather a secondary impact from debris blown away by that initial explosion. In fact, that secondary impact was what created the Red Moon Sea. [/List][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Red Moon Sea[/b] This is the inland sea that the Crystal Spire stands in the middle of. While not originally hosting any populations of Maren, with Sanguinem Luna claiming the sea as part of the territory a population of Maren was introduced. It took time, however the population of Maren grew and forgot their origins and opted to participate in the Beastclan army alongside the Serthis, Harpies, and Talonok to try and destroy Sanguinem Luna Clan. The inland sea did not earn its name until The Scouring. When Arcyng set the waters ablaze to destroy the main Beastclan army, the sea looked like the shining harvest moon present on that night. Ever since that event, the Red Moon Sea has been steadily regaining its vegetation and fish populations with the careful care of the Sea Patrol. The Marens that survived the Scouring were quick to try and fall back into Sanguinem Luna Clan's good graces, especially when the sea was taken into the sky. They became extremely dependent on Sanguinem Luna and strive to not repeat the same mistakes that brought about The Scouring. The Maren will travel to Mariner's Grave if they need to trade with the Talonok or Sanguinem Luna. [/List][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Hilltop Market[/b] The Hilltop Market is a place that Arcyng set aside for commercial endeavors, as few as they are. Sanguinem Luna Clan is more reserved and doesn't like to see too many strangers wandering around within the territory. So, this marketplace was a boon when Arcyng proposed that it should be built. It is a vibrant and lively place where merchants can rent space for selling their wares and for trading to take place with Sanguinem Luna Clan. It is not uncommon to see contests and popularity polls taking place at the market too. It also acts as a gathering hub when friendly clans need to converse with Sanguinem Luna or similar negotiations need to take place with neutral clans. The Hilltop Market is located precisely as its name implies, atop a hill. This hill is adjacent to Serenity Village to the south of the Red Moon Sea, around a kilometer distance, and is the nearest settlement to the Dual Peaks. [/List][/left] [left][List][*][b]Serenity Village[/b] Serenity Village is a kilometer south of the Red Moon Sea, and is the primary settlement for dragons that do not want to live within the Crystal Spire proper. Some of the dragons within the Sanguinem Luna military also own dwellings here to have a rest stop during patrols of the southern area of the clan territory. This village has an inn or two that supplies rooms for any traveling merchants that want to sell wares at the Hilltop Market. The outter limits of the village are also surrounded by farmland that the Plant Singers tend to. It is a quiet and peaceful place for many where the beautiful songs of the Plant Singers carry on the breeze. [/List][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Mistbound Marsh[/b] The Mistbound Marsh is a large respository for nutrients and river sediment from the Mother's Spine set to the western shores of the Red Moon Sea and surrounded by the Forest of Whispers on three sides. The Skydancer's Tail, the largest river in Sanguinem Luna territory, meanders through this terrain. It earned its name from the constant presence of fog that makes this terrain so dangerous. It is easy for the inexperienced to get lost. This massive wetland is carefully cared for by both the Hunters and the Plant Singers as essential habitat for a variety of food sources for the clan and even the local Beastclans. Many of Sanguinem Luna Clan's food exports are produced in this location. Ever since the Bounty of the Elements, this critical habitat has suffered the most from the inbalance of magical energy and has created a concerning food shortage for Sanguinem Luna Clan. So far, the Crystal Spire proper has been able to offset the lossess however it has required Tenebris'Cor and Tenebris'Terra to enact ration policies within the entire territory. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]North Star Meadow[/b] Found in the northern section of The Forest of Whispers, North Star Meadow is where the local Centaur of the territory come to rest at night and occasionally trade with dragons. They interact the most often with the Plant Singers of Sanguinem Luna. Relations with this group of Centaur have been amicable as it seems that they adhere to ancient traditions. The Centaur of this group did not participate in the Beastclan army when The Scouring occurred. Sometimes the Centaur of this group will aid the Plant Singers in crop cultivation and offer up parcels of the meadow for planting so long as the resulting crops are shared. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Serthis Stones[/b] The Serthis Stones are a massive crystal and rock pile at the base of the eastern slopes of The Mother's Spine. I am certain that this topographical feature was created when we lifted this island into the sky. This is where the local Serthis nest and is often a site of conflict between Serthis and Sanguinem Luna dragons alike. We try to make sure that our young do not venture into this area of the territory due to the Serthis being extremely protective of it. The Serthis that call the Serthis Stones home display a begrudging reverence for my brother Arcyng, as they like to call him "Crimson Death." I believe this started up after the Scouring, due to the Serthis suffering tremendous casualties during that event. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Patriarch's Claws[/b] The Patriarch's Claws are a curious topographical feature that rose up when the Bounty of the Elements struck Sornieth. Without warning, massive tremors shook Sanguinem Luna Clan territory during the Angel's Coup D'Etat. After the dust settled from the fighting, we were all shocked to see four towering shards of crystal, curled slightly inward toward the Crystal Spire, all broken ground at the northen limits of the Mother's Spine. These four shards are called the Patriarch's Claws because they are similar to a Mirror's claws, to which Magna'Patrem currently takes the form of a Mirror dragon. Incredible arcane magic constantly flows from the tips of these four crystals to the pinnacle of the Crystal Spire, directly channeling into Titan's Rest. The Astonomers are perplexed by this phenomenon as there are no distinguishing runes or features on the faces of these crystal shards. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Forest of Whispers[/b] The Forest of Whispers is the massive forest of Starwood Trees that encircles the Red Moon Sea. It is contained within the bounds of the Mother's Spine foothills and the Dual Peaks. The majority of this forest is bound in fog similarly to Mistbound Marsh, creating an ethereal labyrinth that is extremely dangerous. Much like the rest of the Starwood Strand, travelers are discouraged from traveling these woods. There have been cases of visiting merchants and tourists ignoring the warnings and disappearing into the forest, only to turn up on the shores of the Red Moon Sea having been driven mad or worse. The forest earned its name due to the haunting voices that seem to dart between the trees. Some visitors even claim that the voices follow them into the Crystal Spire, which has generated something of a local legend. The voices that are heard within the Forest of Whispers are actually the voices of the sleeping Titans from Titan's Rest, warning the unprepared from wandering their lands. However if there is only one voice heard within the Forest of Whispers, then the one that hears it is doomed for that is the voice of Noctis'Timore having chosen his next target. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]Mariner's Grave[/b] Mariner's Grave is a Talonok settlement set at the delta of Hook's River as it feeds into the Red Moon Sea. Similar to the Serthis over at the Serthis Stones, Mariner's Grave is not a place for unprepared dragons to visit. The dragons of Sanguinem Luna keep their young away from this settlement. Records of the Scouring indicate that invading Harpies were actually the ones to convince the Raptorik to first start the siege of the Crystal Spire and subsequently recruit the other Beastclan that participated. During the Scouring, the Raptorik were almost wiped out entirely and are not eager to have a repeat of that disaster. Thanks to the Talonok's participation in the failed attempt of the Beastclan trying to drive out Sanguinem Luna, these Raptorik and Corven of Mariner's Grave will tolerate the presence of the Day's Watch, the Night's Watch, and the Sea Patrol within their area. With the military of Sanguinem Luna regularly patrolling the area, the Talonok have been able to conduct their business with the Maren, Sanguinem Luna, and other Beastclan within Sanuinem Luna Clan's territory in peace. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]Dual Peaks[/b] Dual Peaks are two mountains that are older than the Mother's Spine situated to the Southwest of the Crystal Spire. Their slopes are not as stark which makes them the perfect habitat for the Longnecks. The rock composition of the mountains are more akin to Earth Flight territory and our Astonomers estimate that they are a few centuries older than the metamorphic stone layer underneath the crystal of the Mother's Spine. The local Longneck Beastclan population makes its home in the highlands between the two peaks. Much like the Centaur of North Star Meadow, the Longneck did not participate in the Beastclan army that tried to remove Sanguinem Luna from the area. Instead they got to witness the power and destruction of The Scouring from a safe distance. For the most part, these Longneck keep to themselves however now that the island is floating in the sky they rely on Sanguinem Luna and the Centaur of North Star Meadow for trade. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]The Skydancer's Tail[/b] The Skydancer's Tail is the largest river within Sanguinem Luna territory. It's headwaters start within the northern peaks of the Mother's Spine and it serpentines through the northern section of the Forest of Whispers to feed into the Red Moon Sea at Mistbound Marsh. [/list][/left] [left][List][*][b]Hook's River[/b] Hook's River earned its name from possessing a hook-like flow path starting from the eastern peaks of the Mother's Spine, flowing through the Serthis Stones, and feeding into the Red Moon Sea at Mariner's Grave. This river isn't as large as the Skydancer's Tail, however it is a critical water source for the eastern regions of Sanguinem Luna territory. [/list][/left] [/center]
The Clan Territory
Insert Image of the Floating Isle Here While the concept of a floating island is nothing new to the Starfall Isles, our island was not created by natural Sornieth forces. What has always been the centerpiece of our clan's territory is the Crystal Spire and that has been true since the beginning of our clan. Granted the Crystal Spire was once part of the Crystalspine Reaches until Arcyng warped the structure into the middle of an inland sea within the mainland's Starwood Strand. The Crystal Spire stands like a shining spearhead, piercing the heavens from its anchorage within the inland sea. The inland sea and its nearest hills and mountains were once part of the mainland, until the clan united their magic under Arcyng's guidance and ripped the entire lot free to join the islands and debris that orbit Focal Point. As the island orbits Focal Point, it will subtly rotate to maintain true north with Sornieth's north pole, that way directions are clear within our territory. I surmise creating the new island was to show the local beastclans just how powerful the clan was. Although, they should've already been aware of it when Arcyng incinerated their main army during The Scouring (Please see The Scouring further on for more details). I digress. I shall provide a map below and describe important areas within the Crystal Spire and our island territory.

1daec6f000b0ca8c4ec90538dd3b9abaf3b5709e.png
*I used Inkarnate to make this map*

The Crystal Spire Interior
  • The Main Hall
    The Main Hall is where all guests first enter the Crystal Spire. It is a magnificent chamber that hosts gatherings of all sizes. There are three tunnels that come off of this chamber, all leading into the Crystal Spire's interior. One tunnel on the left stays on the same level and goes to some sleeping quarters for high ranking officers in the Mage Knights as well as Tacet'Mare's personal quarters where he held fortune telling sessions. One tunnel behind a raised slab of crystal will lead into the depths of the Crystal Spire and is the primary tunnel to navigate the majority of the Crystal Spire. The tunnel on the right goes to the top of the Crystal Spire, where the only chamber is Titan's Rest.
  • Titan's Rest
    Titan's Rest is where Magna'Mater, Magna'Patrem, and the rest of their court (save for Tacet'Mare) sleep in crystal stasis within the walls of this grand chamber. In the Titan Age, this chamber was Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem's personal quarters. During the Pantheon Age, this chamber was a place of enlightenment where inquiring minds could come to meditate and maybe speak with the sleeping Titans. Nowadays this chamber has a darker purpose as it serves as Arcyng and Noctis'Timore's prison. No one is allowed into this hall except Tenebris'Cor, Tenebris'Terra, Somnus'Umbra, Tenebris'Lux, and Tacet'Mare. Of course, the foolish will test this and are always chased out by Tenebris'Cor.
  • The Nursery
    The Nursery is where the mothers of the clan come to nest. This chamber has a small entrance, similar to a rabbit den entrance, that is low to the floor so that eggs do not float out. The chamber itself has a low ceiling however it is spacious and cozy. This chamber is found deep within the Crystal Spire and is relatively difficult to get to so raids on the nests are harder. The Nursery Sisters keep this chamber in fantastic condition and maintain a bright and merry atmosphere with plenty of mage lights. The air inside this chamber is fragrant from the sweet aroma of star moss and any flowers that the Nursery Sisters decide to decorate with. Many members of the clan have their personal chambers on the same level as the Nursery.
  • The Hallowed Hall
    The Hallowed Hall is the most feared and forbidden location within Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory. This hall is Noctis'Timore's domain and his prison for the Titan and Pantheon Ages where he rules over the dead and the Cult of Rebirth. The infamous Rite of Ascension is conducted here, where the souls of the Ascendant are absorbed by Noctis'Timore and their physical bodies are sent to serve in the Arcanist's army. I was captured by my brother Noctis'Timore and was going to undergo the Rite of Ascension, therefore I can personally atest to how horrible the entire process of Exalting is. It was immensely fortunate that my siblings came to my aid. The Hallowed Hall is actually a labyrinth of tunnels and chambers at the base of the Crystal Spire with only two entrances. The main tunnel that is accessible from the Main Hall, and a small balcony that is connected to Noctis'Timore's personal chambers. The balcony is hidden and difficult to access thanks to how closely guarded it is by the Angels of Rebirth, the members of Noctis'Timore's cult. This is the place where the mortals that pass away in Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory are laid to rest as well.
  • The Feast Hall
    The Feast Hall is connected to the main tunnel and is a large chamber set near the mid-levels of the Crystal Spire. Set between the higher level of the Main Hall and lower level of the Arcanium, this large chamber possesses grand tables where the clan can gather to eat together with large chandaliers of mage lights illuminating the place in a merry glow. A big kitchen is connected to the Feast Hall where the chefs work diligently to make sure there is plenty of food to feed the clan. Likewise a pantry is connected to the kitchen where Plant Singers and Hunters deliver the food. Many delicious and artistic dishes are produced by the chefs and served in this hall.
  • The Training Hall
    The Training Hall is one of the plainest series of chambers within the Crystal Spire. It is split into multiple sections to indicate its purpose, the Entryway which is for easier training, Gauntlet Row which is only for elite soldiers, and the residential caverns. The Blacksmiths and Spellsmiths will provide obstacles and training weapons for the military castes to use when they are training here. The majority of the members of the military caste also have their personal chambers on this level or a level below. It is set on a level between the Hallowed Hall and the Nursery in the hopes of discouraging the Angels of Rebirth from kidnapping hatchlings. I believe it has worked somewhat, but I also believe that the frequency of our own being exalted has gone down since Tenebris'Cor took control of the Clan.
  • The Repository
    As I am the master of the Repository, I can say that this hall of knowledge is in an undisclosed location within the Crystal Spire. It is completely inaccessible to anyone except for me and the Astronomers. The collective knowledge of Sanguinem Luna is stored here in this hall as part of an expansive collection of scrolls and tablets. A lot of the knowledge we have is too important to just let any random dragon look at, so it is necessary for requests to be submitted to me. I have a little request box outside of my personal chambers near the Arcanium so that dragons can submit their requests.
  • The Sky Forge
    The Sky Forge is an interesting hall within the Crystal Spire. Due to the necessity of good air circulation, this chamber is open to the sky. This is where the Blacksmiths and Spellsmiths work to craft their wares. It is on the same level as the Feast Hall however it is on the other side of the Crystal Spire. The main feature of this hall is the massive forge area in the center where a large carved crystal statue of Magna'Patrem sits. There are plenty of work tables and a smaller room where designs can be drafted first. There are large racks for storing incomplete or complete tools and shelves for rune stones along the walls.
  • The Arcanium
    The Arcanium is a large collection of halls and chambers dedicated to research and learning. The Astronomers typically work on their research and run tutoring sessions for the rest of the clan. Usually there are empty rooms set aside for mentors to work with their pupils. Because my drop off box is nearby, the Astronomers will submit their work to me for archiving in the Repository if they do not have the time to take it themselves. The Arcanium level is between the Feast Hall and the Nursery.

Key Locations Around the Territory
  • The Mother's Spine
    Named after the crystal formation that was on Magna’Mater’s back, The Mother's Spine is a mountain range that runs from Northwest of the Crystal Spire around the island perimeter to finish Southeast of the Crystal Spire. Much like the Crystalspine Reaches, these mountains are comprised of a crystalline material that gradually becomes metamorphic rock the deeper one digs. The slopes of the Mother's Spine peaks are the wrong orientation relative to Focal Point prior to Sanguinem Luna creating the floating island. Which was what prompted further research from our Astronomers during the Pantheon Age. They surmise this is geologic record of when the Arcanist was created back in the Third Age. However, unlike the Crystalspine Reaches which clearly indicate Focal Point as the epicenter of the initial explosion, the Mother's Spine was not originally formed by the initial explosion but rather a secondary impact from debris blown away by that initial explosion. In fact, that secondary impact was what created the Red Moon Sea.
  • The Red Moon Sea
    This is the inland sea that the Crystal Spire stands in the middle of. While not originally hosting any populations of Maren, with Sanguinem Luna claiming the sea as part of the territory a population of Maren was introduced. It took time, however the population of Maren grew and forgot their origins and opted to participate in the Beastclan army alongside the Serthis, Harpies, and Talonok to try and destroy Sanguinem Luna Clan. The inland sea did not earn its name until The Scouring. When Arcyng set the waters ablaze to destroy the main Beastclan army, the sea looked like the shining harvest moon present on that night. Ever since that event, the Red Moon Sea has been steadily regaining its vegetation and fish populations with the careful care of the Sea Patrol. The Marens that survived the Scouring were quick to try and fall back into Sanguinem Luna Clan's good graces, especially when the sea was taken into the sky. They became extremely dependent on Sanguinem Luna and strive to not repeat the same mistakes that brought about The Scouring. The Maren will travel to Mariner's Grave if they need to trade with the Talonok or Sanguinem Luna.
  • The Hilltop Market
    The Hilltop Market is a place that Arcyng set aside for commercial endeavors, as few as they are. Sanguinem Luna Clan is more reserved and doesn't like to see too many strangers wandering around within the territory. So, this marketplace was a boon when Arcyng proposed that it should be built. It is a vibrant and lively place where merchants can rent space for selling their wares and for trading to take place with Sanguinem Luna Clan. It is not uncommon to see contests and popularity polls taking place at the market too. It also acts as a gathering hub when friendly clans need to converse with Sanguinem Luna or similar negotiations need to take place with neutral clans. The Hilltop Market is located precisely as its name implies, atop a hill. This hill is adjacent to Serenity Village to the south of the Red Moon Sea, around a kilometer distance, and is the nearest settlement to the Dual Peaks.
  • Serenity Village
    Serenity Village is a kilometer south of the Red Moon Sea, and is the primary settlement for dragons that do not want to live within the Crystal Spire proper. Some of the dragons within the Sanguinem Luna military also own dwellings here to have a rest stop during patrols of the southern area of the clan territory. This village has an inn or two that supplies rooms for any traveling merchants that want to sell wares at the Hilltop Market. The outter limits of the village are also surrounded by farmland that the Plant Singers tend to. It is a quiet and peaceful place for many where the beautiful songs of the Plant Singers carry on the breeze.
  • The Mistbound Marsh
    The Mistbound Marsh is a large respository for nutrients and river sediment from the Mother's Spine set to the western shores of the Red Moon Sea and surrounded by the Forest of Whispers on three sides. The Skydancer's Tail, the largest river in Sanguinem Luna territory, meanders through this terrain. It earned its name from the constant presence of fog that makes this terrain so dangerous. It is easy for the inexperienced to get lost. This massive wetland is carefully cared for by both the Hunters and the Plant Singers as essential habitat for a variety of food sources for the clan and even the local Beastclans. Many of Sanguinem Luna Clan's food exports are produced in this location. Ever since the Bounty of the Elements, this critical habitat has suffered the most from the inbalance of magical energy and has created a concerning food shortage for Sanguinem Luna Clan. So far, the Crystal Spire proper has been able to offset the lossess however it has required Tenebris'Cor and Tenebris'Terra to enact ration policies within the entire territory.
  • North Star Meadow
    Found in the northern section of The Forest of Whispers, North Star Meadow is where the local Centaur of the territory come to rest at night and occasionally trade with dragons. They interact the most often with the Plant Singers of Sanguinem Luna. Relations with this group of Centaur have been amicable as it seems that they adhere to ancient traditions. The Centaur of this group did not participate in the Beastclan army when The Scouring occurred. Sometimes the Centaur of this group will aid the Plant Singers in crop cultivation and offer up parcels of the meadow for planting so long as the resulting crops are shared.
  • The Serthis Stones
    The Serthis Stones are a massive crystal and rock pile at the base of the eastern slopes of The Mother's Spine. I am certain that this topographical feature was created when we lifted this island into the sky. This is where the local Serthis nest and is often a site of conflict between Serthis and Sanguinem Luna dragons alike. We try to make sure that our young do not venture into this area of the territory due to the Serthis being extremely protective of it. The Serthis that call the Serthis Stones home display a begrudging reverence for my brother Arcyng, as they like to call him "Crimson Death." I believe this started up after the Scouring, due to the Serthis suffering tremendous casualties during that event.
  • The Patriarch's Claws
    The Patriarch's Claws are a curious topographical feature that rose up when the Bounty of the Elements struck Sornieth. Without warning, massive tremors shook Sanguinem Luna Clan territory during the Angel's Coup D'Etat. After the dust settled from the fighting, we were all shocked to see four towering shards of crystal, curled slightly inward toward the Crystal Spire, all broken ground at the northen limits of the Mother's Spine. These four shards are called the Patriarch's Claws because they are similar to a Mirror's claws, to which Magna'Patrem currently takes the form of a Mirror dragon. Incredible arcane magic constantly flows from the tips of these four crystals to the pinnacle of the Crystal Spire, directly channeling into Titan's Rest. The Astonomers are perplexed by this phenomenon as there are no distinguishing runes or features on the faces of these crystal shards.
  • The Forest of Whispers
    The Forest of Whispers is the massive forest of Starwood Trees that encircles the Red Moon Sea. It is contained within the bounds of the Mother's Spine foothills and the Dual Peaks. The majority of this forest is bound in fog similarly to Mistbound Marsh, creating an ethereal labyrinth that is extremely dangerous. Much like the rest of the Starwood Strand, travelers are discouraged from traveling these woods. There have been cases of visiting merchants and tourists ignoring the warnings and disappearing into the forest, only to turn up on the shores of the Red Moon Sea having been driven mad or worse. The forest earned its name due to the haunting voices that seem to dart between the trees. Some visitors even claim that the voices follow them into the Crystal Spire, which has generated something of a local legend. The voices that are heard within the Forest of Whispers are actually the voices of the sleeping Titans from Titan's Rest, warning the unprepared from wandering their lands. However if there is only one voice heard within the Forest of Whispers, then the one that hears it is doomed for that is the voice of Noctis'Timore having chosen his next target.
  • Mariner's Grave
    Mariner's Grave is a Talonok settlement set at the delta of Hook's River as it feeds into the Red Moon Sea. Similar to the Serthis over at the Serthis Stones, Mariner's Grave is not a place for unprepared dragons to visit. The dragons of Sanguinem Luna keep their young away from this settlement. Records of the Scouring indicate that invading Harpies were actually the ones to convince the Raptorik to first start the siege of the Crystal Spire and subsequently recruit the other Beastclan that participated. During the Scouring, the Raptorik were almost wiped out entirely and are not eager to have a repeat of that disaster. Thanks to the Talonok's participation in the failed attempt of the Beastclan trying to drive out Sanguinem Luna, these Raptorik and Corven of Mariner's Grave will tolerate the presence of the Day's Watch, the Night's Watch, and the Sea Patrol within their area. With the military of Sanguinem Luna regularly patrolling the area, the Talonok have been able to conduct their business with the Maren, Sanguinem Luna, and other Beastclan within Sanuinem Luna Clan's territory in peace.
  • Dual Peaks
    Dual Peaks are two mountains that are older than the Mother's Spine situated to the Southwest of the Crystal Spire. Their slopes are not as stark which makes them the perfect habitat for the Longnecks. The rock composition of the mountains are more akin to Earth Flight territory and our Astonomers estimate that they are a few centuries older than the metamorphic stone layer underneath the crystal of the Mother's Spine. The local Longneck Beastclan population makes its home in the highlands between the two peaks. Much like the Centaur of North Star Meadow, the Longneck did not participate in the Beastclan army that tried to remove Sanguinem Luna from the area. Instead they got to witness the power and destruction of The Scouring from a safe distance. For the most part, these Longneck keep to themselves however now that the island is floating in the sky they rely on Sanguinem Luna and the Centaur of North Star Meadow for trade.
  • The Skydancer's Tail
    The Skydancer's Tail is the largest river within Sanguinem Luna territory. It's headwaters start within the northern peaks of the Mother's Spine and it serpentines through the northern section of the Forest of Whispers to feed into the Red Moon Sea at Mistbound Marsh.
  • Hook's River
    Hook's River earned its name from possessing a hook-like flow path starting from the eastern peaks of the Mother's Spine, flowing through the Serthis Stones, and feeding into the Red Moon Sea at Mariner's Grave. This river isn't as large as the Skydancer's Tail, however it is a critical water source for the eastern regions of Sanguinem Luna territory.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
[center][b]The Coliseum? I've Heard of It[/b] [size=2][i]Written by Aeterna'Scientia[/i][/size] I've heard of other clans referring to the Sornieth Standardized Training Regiment as "The Coliseum." Which is honestly fascinating due to the absurdity of it. While I can see the advantage in having a standardized training regiment for the warriors of the Flights, there is a question of logistics. Imagine, traveling all the way to The Sea of a Thousand Currents for training in water combat. Only then to travel to the furthest shores of the Crystalspine Reaches to battle on Arcane crystal shards. See how that may not be feasible? Especially if we have to consider travel time, clan relations, and territory boundaries. What if our clan is attacked while our warriors are away for training? Effeciency and feasibility must be considered. There are plenty of locations within Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory now that serve as ideal training areas for our military caste. Thus our military utilizes them for the sake of efficiency. The following locations below are Sanguinem Luna Clan's equivalent to the Sornieth Standardized Training Regiment as of the New Age. Many of these locations would've been different during the Titan and Pantheon Ages and those are considered out of date when talking about current military practices. [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]North Star Meadow = Training Fields[/b] The Centaur of North Star Meadow are kind enough to allow young apprentices of the military castes to train within the meadowlands. Typically young apprentices will hunt down pests for the Centaur. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Winding Path = Woodland Path[/b] This path meanders through the Forest of Whispers and provides a relatively safe route for Plant Singers and Hunters to travel for their duties. Young apprentices of the military castes will join their mentors on patrol routes following this path. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Dead Wood = Scorched Forest[/b] Located near the northern shores of the Red Moon Sea, this particular grove of dead Starwood Trees has been unable to recover from the Scouring. This area provides apprentices with beginner level exposure to volatile arcane energy. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Mariner's Grave = Sandswept Delta[/b] The Talonok find it amusing to observe apprentices training on the sandy terrain of the Hook's River delta. This location is ideal for training apprentices to mind their footing and terrain. Similarly to North Star Meadow, apprentices hunt down pests for the Talonok. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Silent Princess Garden = Blooming Grove[/b] This meadow is located in a remote region of the Forest of Whispers to the Northwest of North Star Meadow. This eerie place is home to a sizeable Pohip population that often threatens the peace of North Star Meadow. More experienced apprentices are sent here to learn how to deal with creatures larger than themselves. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Lost Cavern = Forgotten Cave[/b] This cave network is located within the Northwest peaks of the Mother's Spine. Experienced apprentices come here to practice low-light combat techniques. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Headwaters = Bamboo Falls[/b] The Headwaters of the Skydancer's Tail are located deep in the Mother's Spine. This location allows for experienced apprentices to refine combat techniques on difficult terrain. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Broke-Off Mountain = Thunderhead Savanna[/b] Prone to volatile Arcane energy due to its proximity to the edge of the floating isle, this plateau is an expansive area located in the Northeast section of the Mother's Spine. This area is primarily used for mentors and apprentices to practice war formations, where there are more than just a three party team locked in combat. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Serenity Beach = Redrock Cove[/b] Located on the shores of the Red Moon Sea just north of Serenity Village, this area is a popular place for visitors to play in the water. However it is also prone to attracting large predatory beasts. Apprentices and mentors are often sent here to protect the visitors as part of sentry duty. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Flooded Tunnels = Waterway[/b] Located in the depths of the Hallowed Hall, the flooded tunnels are just as the name implies. Flooded and ancient crystal tunnels that are a breeding ground for vermin. Due to the prolific nature of the vermin beasts that call these tunnels home, the Cult of Rebirth does not interfere with training military members when they are on duty in this locale. Sometimes the members of the Cult of Rebirth will even assist in the culling of the vermin. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Training Hall - Entryway = Arena[/b] Located within the Crystal Spire proper, the Training Hall is split for separating areas to indicate differing purposes. This large entryway is where newly promoted apprentices who are now considered full fledged military members will practice against each other or their previous mentors. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Tar Pits = Volcanic Vents[/b] Known for the toxic fumes that bubble up from the tar pits, this location is found on the southeast edge of the floating island. This tricky location exposes training military members to volcanic conditions thanks to the runestones that the Spellsmiths prepared precisely for this purpose. It's distance from any settlements within the territory keep the general population of the floating isle safe from the fumes. There have been reports of occasional Harpy corpses turning up here. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Cascade Hill = Rainsong Jungle[/b] Due to the way the floating island rotates, it is not uncommon to see the west facing foothills of the east section of the Mother's Spine caught in sudden rain events. This has created a moist environment that is ideal for training in super saturated conditions. The proximity of the Serthis Stones just being on the other side of the peaks adds to the potential danger of this locale. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Heaven's Peak = Boreal Wood[/b] This is the tallest mountain in the Mother's Spine mountain range. Capped in snow and ice all year round, this is the ideal place to train for dangerous subzero conditions. The beasts that make this place home often travel down into the valleys in search of food, which has interfered with the Plant Singers and Hunters. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Path of Pride = Crystal Pools[/b] At the base of the Crystal Spire, just at the water level, are ledges of crystal that are partially submerged. This creates a series of crystal edged tidal pools. This training area earned its name because it was orginally a training area for Purpura'Squama, Noctis'Timore's wife. Our Astronomers can't quite figure out why but stronger aquatic beasts are attracted to it. Therefore it is necessary for this path to be patrolled frequently. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Roc Nest = Harpy's Roost[/b] Roc Nest is a particular elevation that Rocs like to roost on the Dual Peaks. Only the well trained members of the military castes actually travel to the nests to cull the numbers of Roc. These monstrous birds often prey upon the Longnecks so there is a standing agreement with the Longnecks that the Sanguinem Luna military can literally kill two birds with one stone. They take down the Rocs while at the same time getting in good training while protecting the Longnecks of Dual Peaks. Less experienced members of the military castes will catch any Roc that fly down to the Longneck settlements. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Dead Den = Ghostlight Ruins[/b] Members of the Hunter Caste discovered the ruins of a dragon clan den during the Pantheon Age. This eerie location is found within the southeast section of the Forest of Whispers. The Astronomers that want to study what happened to the clan that used to call this area near Hook's River are often escorted by members of the military castes. The investigation is ongoing, however the running theory that whatever clan lived here was taken down by the Talonok of Mariner's Grave an incredibly long time ago. Now it is the home of restless spirits and dark magic. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Mistbound Marsh = Mire[/b] While the edges of the Mistbound Marsh can be traveled in relative safety, thanks to the constant presence of the Plant Singers, the deeper into the marsh one travels the more dangerous it becomes. It is said that Noctis'Timore utilized the heart of the Mistbound Marsh to train the unfortunate souls he prepared for the Rite of Ascension. The heart of the Mistbound Marsh is labyrinthian with intense fog that never evaporates. It is a cold and savage place where powerful beasts dwell. Only the elite of the military castes and the best of the Hunters use this terrain for training and resource procurement. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Red Moon Sea = Kelp Beds[/b] Exclusive to the Sea Patrol and the Maren, the Red Moon Sea is in an incredible state since the aftermath of the Scouring. Entire sections of the deep waters have become dangerous from the lack of dissolved oxygen. Great beasts that slumbered in the depths of the sea were disturbed by the Scouring and were displaced, turning once safe locations for swimming into potentially dangerous areas. The Sea Patrol is kept busy patrolling the Red Moon Sea, defending those enjoying its shores, as well as assisting the Maren in habitat restoration. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]The Training Hall - Gauntlet Row = Golem Workshop[/b] This is another section of the Training Hall inside the Crystal Spire proper. This brutal training area is only for elite members of the military castes. The domestic castes develop a cutting edge gauntlet of trials for these military veterans to train with. [/list][/left] [/columns] [columns]Insert Image [nextcol][left][list][*][b]Magna'Patrem's Trial = Forbidden Portal[/b] With the sudden emergence of the Patriarch's Claws and the influx of volatile arcane energy, a strange arch of rune encrusted crystals appeared inside Titan's Rest. This peculiar portal stands between the two pillars that act as Arcyng and Noctis'Timore's prison. All of the magic that flows into Titan's Rest from the Patriarch's Claws is channeled into this portal. Only the strongest of Sanguinem Luna Clan are able to even pass through this peculiar portal. Those that do dare not speak of what lies on the other side. I would like nothing more than to go through and find out what is on the other side, however I lack the strength to even pass through the portal. [/list][/left] [/columns] [/center]
The Coliseum? I've Heard of It

I've heard of other clans referring to the Sornieth Standardized Training Regiment as "The Coliseum." Which is honestly fascinating due to the absurdity of it. While I can see the advantage in having a standardized training regiment for the warriors of the Flights, there is a question of logistics. Imagine, traveling all the way to The Sea of a Thousand Currents for training in water combat. Only then to travel to the furthest shores of the Crystalspine Reaches to battle on Arcane crystal shards. See how that may not be feasible? Especially if we have to consider travel time, clan relations, and territory boundaries. What if our clan is attacked while our warriors are away for training? Effeciency and feasibility must be considered. There are plenty of locations within Sanguinem Luna Clan's territory now that serve as ideal training areas for our military caste. Thus our military utilizes them for the sake of efficiency. The following locations below are Sanguinem Luna Clan's equivalent to the Sornieth Standardized Training Regiment as of the New Age. Many of these locations would've been different during the Titan and Pantheon Ages and those are considered out of date when talking about current military practices.
Insert Image
  • North Star Meadow = Training Fields
    The Centaur of North Star Meadow are kind enough to allow young apprentices of the military castes to train within the meadowlands. Typically young apprentices will hunt down pests for the Centaur.
Insert Image
  • The Winding Path = Woodland Path
    This path meanders through the Forest of Whispers and provides a relatively safe route for Plant Singers and Hunters to travel for their duties. Young apprentices of the military castes will join their mentors on patrol routes following this path.
Insert Image
  • The Dead Wood = Scorched Forest
    Located near the northern shores of the Red Moon Sea, this particular grove of dead Starwood Trees has been unable to recover from the Scouring. This area provides apprentices with beginner level exposure to volatile arcane energy.
Insert Image
  • Mariner's Grave = Sandswept Delta
    The Talonok find it amusing to observe apprentices training on the sandy terrain of the Hook's River delta. This location is ideal for training apprentices to mind their footing and terrain. Similarly to North Star Meadow, apprentices hunt down pests for the Talonok.
Insert Image
  • Silent Princess Garden = Blooming Grove
    This meadow is located in a remote region of the Forest of Whispers to the Northwest of North Star Meadow. This eerie place is home to a sizeable Pohip population that often threatens the peace of North Star Meadow. More experienced apprentices are sent here to learn how to deal with creatures larger than themselves.
Insert Image
  • The Lost Cavern = Forgotten Cave
    This cave network is located within the Northwest peaks of the Mother's Spine. Experienced apprentices come here to practice low-light combat techniques.
Insert Image
  • The Headwaters = Bamboo Falls
    The Headwaters of the Skydancer's Tail are located deep in the Mother's Spine. This location allows for experienced apprentices to refine combat techniques on difficult terrain.
Insert Image
  • Broke-Off Mountain = Thunderhead Savanna
    Prone to volatile Arcane energy due to its proximity to the edge of the floating isle, this plateau is an expansive area located in the Northeast section of the Mother's Spine. This area is primarily used for mentors and apprentices to practice war formations, where there are more than just a three party team locked in combat.
Insert Image
  • Serenity Beach = Redrock Cove
    Located on the shores of the Red Moon Sea just north of Serenity Village, this area is a popular place for visitors to play in the water. However it is also prone to attracting large predatory beasts. Apprentices and mentors are often sent here to protect the visitors as part of sentry duty.
Insert Image
  • The Flooded Tunnels = Waterway
    Located in the depths of the Hallowed Hall, the flooded tunnels are just as the name implies. Flooded and ancient crystal tunnels that are a breeding ground for vermin. Due to the prolific nature of the vermin beasts that call these tunnels home, the Cult of Rebirth does not interfere with training military members when they are on duty in this locale. Sometimes the members of the Cult of Rebirth will even assist in the culling of the vermin.
Insert Image
  • The Training Hall - Entryway = Arena
    Located within the Crystal Spire proper, the Training Hall is split for separating areas to indicate differing purposes. This large entryway is where newly promoted apprentices who are now considered full fledged military members will practice against each other or their previous mentors.
Insert Image
  • The Tar Pits = Volcanic Vents
    Known for the toxic fumes that bubble up from the tar pits, this location is found on the southeast edge of the floating island. This tricky location exposes training military members to volcanic conditions thanks to the runestones that the Spellsmiths prepared precisely for this purpose. It's distance from any settlements within the territory keep the general population of the floating isle safe from the fumes. There have been reports of occasional Harpy corpses turning up here.
Insert Image
  • Cascade Hill = Rainsong Jungle
    Due to the way the floating island rotates, it is not uncommon to see the west facing foothills of the east section of the Mother's Spine caught in sudden rain events. This has created a moist environment that is ideal for training in super saturated conditions. The proximity of the Serthis Stones just being on the other side of the peaks adds to the potential danger of this locale.
Insert Image
  • Heaven's Peak = Boreal Wood
    This is the tallest mountain in the Mother's Spine mountain range. Capped in snow and ice all year round, this is the ideal place to train for dangerous subzero conditions. The beasts that make this place home often travel down into the valleys in search of food, which has interfered with the Plant Singers and Hunters.
Insert Image
  • The Path of Pride = Crystal Pools
    At the base of the Crystal Spire, just at the water level, are ledges of crystal that are partially submerged. This creates a series of crystal edged tidal pools. This training area earned its name because it was orginally a training area for Purpura'Squama, Noctis'Timore's wife. Our Astronomers can't quite figure out why but stronger aquatic beasts are attracted to it. Therefore it is necessary for this path to be patrolled frequently.
Insert Image
  • Roc Nest = Harpy's Roost
    Roc Nest is a particular elevation that Rocs like to roost on the Dual Peaks. Only the well trained members of the military castes actually travel to the nests to cull the numbers of Roc. These monstrous birds often prey upon the Longnecks so there is a standing agreement with the Longnecks that the Sanguinem Luna military can literally kill two birds with one stone. They take down the Rocs while at the same time getting in good training while protecting the Longnecks of Dual Peaks. Less experienced members of the military castes will catch any Roc that fly down to the Longneck settlements.
Insert Image
  • The Dead Den = Ghostlight Ruins
    Members of the Hunter Caste discovered the ruins of a dragon clan den during the Pantheon Age. This eerie location is found within the southeast section of the Forest of Whispers. The Astronomers that want to study what happened to the clan that used to call this area near Hook's River are often escorted by members of the military castes. The investigation is ongoing, however the running theory that whatever clan lived here was taken down by the Talonok of Mariner's Grave an incredibly long time ago. Now it is the home of restless spirits and dark magic.
Insert Image
  • The Mistbound Marsh = Mire
    While the edges of the Mistbound Marsh can be traveled in relative safety, thanks to the constant presence of the Plant Singers, the deeper into the marsh one travels the more dangerous it becomes. It is said that Noctis'Timore utilized the heart of the Mistbound Marsh to train the unfortunate souls he prepared for the Rite of Ascension. The heart of the Mistbound Marsh is labyrinthian with intense fog that never evaporates. It is a cold and savage place where powerful beasts dwell. Only the elite of the military castes and the best of the Hunters use this terrain for training and resource procurement.
Insert Image
  • The Red Moon Sea = Kelp Beds
    Exclusive to the Sea Patrol and the Maren, the Red Moon Sea is in an incredible state since the aftermath of the Scouring. Entire sections of the deep waters have become dangerous from the lack of dissolved oxygen. Great beasts that slumbered in the depths of the sea were disturbed by the Scouring and were displaced, turning once safe locations for swimming into potentially dangerous areas. The Sea Patrol is kept busy patrolling the Red Moon Sea, defending those enjoying its shores, as well as assisting the Maren in habitat restoration.
Insert Image
  • The Training Hall - Gauntlet Row = Golem Workshop
    This is another section of the Training Hall inside the Crystal Spire proper. This brutal training area is only for elite members of the military castes. The domestic castes develop a cutting edge gauntlet of trials for these military veterans to train with.
Insert Image
  • Magna'Patrem's Trial = Forbidden Portal
    With the sudden emergence of the Patriarch's Claws and the influx of volatile arcane energy, a strange arch of rune encrusted crystals appeared inside Titan's Rest. This peculiar portal stands between the two pillars that act as Arcyng and Noctis'Timore's prison. All of the magic that flows into Titan's Rest from the Patriarch's Claws is channeled into this portal. Only the strongest of Sanguinem Luna Clan are able to even pass through this peculiar portal. Those that do dare not speak of what lies on the other side. I would like nothing more than to go through and find out what is on the other side, however I lack the strength to even pass through the portal.
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
Sanguinem Luna Species
Written by Tacet'Mare

As with most clans, some species tend to favor living in Sanguinem Luna more than others. As to why that is, I believe that depends on the individual in question. Some dragons come to live with us to seek enlightenment, others seek glory in one fashion or another, and then there are those that simply do not want to leave home. In the list below, I shall provide the species and subspecies living with us and provide some general notes about noteworthy individuals and other potentially interesting trivia.
  • Titan Caelestis
    Titan Caelestis, otherwise called Celestial Titans, are counterparts or sometimes even parents to the Titan Elementis (Elemental Titans: Arcanist, Earthshaker, etc.). These mysterious deities are the universe builders, often presiding over multiple domains and sculpting the material and spiritual planes to give birth to mortals, spirits, Titan Elementis, Titan Luminare, other Titan Caelestis, and Naturam Monstri. Unlike Titan Elementis, Titan Caelestis are not bound to a particular region of space and time. They act on the best interest of the universe, and may enter long periods of hibernation.

Sanguinem Luna Clan's population of Titan Caelestis are all children of Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. I asked Magna'Mater once about why she was here on Sornieth and she told me the following.

"My dear friend. It is not too dissimilar to a mother dragon searching for a nesting site. All young things need a place to be nurtured, and yes I am lumping you and the rest of the Titan Luminare into that group too. This is the ideal place for you all to learn to control your powers."

It is a cryptic message, to be sure. The analogy itself fills me with a sense of unease. While my foresight has granted me glimpses of the future, I can not seem to reach for the future that Magna'Mater herself seems to see. Whatever the future holds, I'm sure the clan will find a way to endure one way or another.

As for the most noteworthy of the Titan Caelestis, that does differ based on individual opinion. However, I find the most impactful out of them to be the following:
    • Magna'Mater - The First Matriarch, purged clan territory of the Shade
    • Magna'Patrem - The First Patriarch, purged clan territory of the Shade
    • Noctis'Timore - The God of Death, performed several miracles (with Quiescis'Lillium) prior to going mad
    • Quiescis'Lillium - The Goddess of Life, performed several miracles with Noctis'Timore
    • Arcyng Leo'Animus - The God of Fate and Heroes, the only one out of his siblings that is stronger than Noctis'Timore
  • Titan Luminare
    Titan Luminare, otherwise called Lesser Titans, are created by Titan Caelestis. While I am not sure of how this is done, since I was unconscious when I went through the ritual, it seems that the Titan Luminare are converted from a different state of being. Most of the Titan Luminare in the Titan Age were all converted from a mortal existence by Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. As Titan Luminare, we are immortal and harder to kill but not invulnerable. We can be corrupted and gradually decay under the Shade's influence. We are only in control of one domain and typically assist a Titan Caelestis in their duties. I imagine Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem granted myself and my fellow clanmates this boon so that we may serve roles as mentors for their children. Titan Luminare are connected to the Titan Caelestis that created them, so wherever Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem eventually go, we will follow them.

As for the most noteworthy of the Titan Luminare, I find that the following are the most impactful out of them. This list includes some of my fellows during the Titan Age but also includes Titan Luminare from the later ages, our children.
    • Clara'Stella - Titan of the Stars, adept spiritual guide for the majority of the clan
    • Aequus'Regina Firanira - Second Matriarch and Plant Singer, an excellent leader in diplomacy and domestic affairs
  • Naturam Monstri
    Naturam Monstri, otherwise called Elemental Monster, is a loose term applied to creatures that are not dragon, Titan, or Beastclan. Inorganic entities, organic entities, and spirits can fall into this category. These entities are typically created by Titan Caelestis through an artificial process, or somehow created by lesser beings too. These entities possess varying degrees of mortality that depend on the individual. It is noted that these entities are far more suseptible to the Shade's ruin.

As for the most noteworthy of the Naturam Monstri, there are a few.
    • Euric Nox - Demon, an Angel of Rebirth with an appetite for destruction
    • Frigus'Celeri Karma - Cursed toad, an intruiging case of malicious nature magic
  • Dream Eater Subspecies
    The Dream Eater subspecies began with Mollis'Somnus when he took the witch Pearla as his wife. The pair had several nests of Skydancers with remarkable affinity toward sleep magic. The affinity was so strong and potentially deadly that Arcyng Leo'Animus was forced to send the majority of these young Skydancers away to protect the clan. Their mortality does vary, depending on how many generations the individual is separated from Mollis'Somnus. To learn more about the Dream Eater Subspecies, then please refer to my pupil Aeterna'Scientia's scrolls dedicated toward studying the subspecies.

As for notable figures within the clan from this subspecies, there are a couple.
    • Mollis'Somnus - Titan Luminare, the Angel of Rebirth that is patriarch of the subspecies
    • Malacus'Nimbus - Elder Dream Eater, a powerful Angel of Rebirth that leads the Dream Eaters of Sanguinem Luna
Sanguinem Luna Species
Written by Tacet'Mare

As with most clans, some species tend to favor living in Sanguinem Luna more than others. As to why that is, I believe that depends on the individual in question. Some dragons come to live with us to seek enlightenment, others seek glory in one fashion or another, and then there are those that simply do not want to leave home. In the list below, I shall provide the species and subspecies living with us and provide some general notes about noteworthy individuals and other potentially interesting trivia.
  • Titan Caelestis
    Titan Caelestis, otherwise called Celestial Titans, are counterparts or sometimes even parents to the Titan Elementis (Elemental Titans: Arcanist, Earthshaker, etc.). These mysterious deities are the universe builders, often presiding over multiple domains and sculpting the material and spiritual planes to give birth to mortals, spirits, Titan Elementis, Titan Luminare, other Titan Caelestis, and Naturam Monstri. Unlike Titan Elementis, Titan Caelestis are not bound to a particular region of space and time. They act on the best interest of the universe, and may enter long periods of hibernation.

Sanguinem Luna Clan's population of Titan Caelestis are all children of Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. I asked Magna'Mater once about why she was here on Sornieth and she told me the following.

"My dear friend. It is not too dissimilar to a mother dragon searching for a nesting site. All young things need a place to be nurtured, and yes I am lumping you and the rest of the Titan Luminare into that group too. This is the ideal place for you all to learn to control your powers."

It is a cryptic message, to be sure. The analogy itself fills me with a sense of unease. While my foresight has granted me glimpses of the future, I can not seem to reach for the future that Magna'Mater herself seems to see. Whatever the future holds, I'm sure the clan will find a way to endure one way or another.

As for the most noteworthy of the Titan Caelestis, that does differ based on individual opinion. However, I find the most impactful out of them to be the following:
    • Magna'Mater - The First Matriarch, purged clan territory of the Shade
    • Magna'Patrem - The First Patriarch, purged clan territory of the Shade
    • Noctis'Timore - The God of Death, performed several miracles (with Quiescis'Lillium) prior to going mad
    • Quiescis'Lillium - The Goddess of Life, performed several miracles with Noctis'Timore
    • Arcyng Leo'Animus - The God of Fate and Heroes, the only one out of his siblings that is stronger than Noctis'Timore
  • Titan Luminare
    Titan Luminare, otherwise called Lesser Titans, are created by Titan Caelestis. While I am not sure of how this is done, since I was unconscious when I went through the ritual, it seems that the Titan Luminare are converted from a different state of being. Most of the Titan Luminare in the Titan Age were all converted from a mortal existence by Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem. As Titan Luminare, we are immortal and harder to kill but not invulnerable. We can be corrupted and gradually decay under the Shade's influence. We are only in control of one domain and typically assist a Titan Caelestis in their duties. I imagine Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem granted myself and my fellow clanmates this boon so that we may serve roles as mentors for their children. Titan Luminare are connected to the Titan Caelestis that created them, so wherever Magna'Mater and Magna'Patrem eventually go, we will follow them.

As for the most noteworthy of the Titan Luminare, I find that the following are the most impactful out of them. This list includes some of my fellows during the Titan Age but also includes Titan Luminare from the later ages, our children.
    • Clara'Stella - Titan of the Stars, adept spiritual guide for the majority of the clan
    • Aequus'Regina Firanira - Second Matriarch and Plant Singer, an excellent leader in diplomacy and domestic affairs
  • Naturam Monstri
    Naturam Monstri, otherwise called Elemental Monster, is a loose term applied to creatures that are not dragon, Titan, or Beastclan. Inorganic entities, organic entities, and spirits can fall into this category. These entities are typically created by Titan Caelestis through an artificial process, or somehow created by lesser beings too. These entities possess varying degrees of mortality that depend on the individual. It is noted that these entities are far more suseptible to the Shade's ruin.

As for the most noteworthy of the Naturam Monstri, there are a few.
    • Euric Nox - Demon, an Angel of Rebirth with an appetite for destruction
    • Frigus'Celeri Karma - Cursed toad, an intruiging case of malicious nature magic
  • Dream Eater Subspecies
    The Dream Eater subspecies began with Mollis'Somnus when he took the witch Pearla as his wife. The pair had several nests of Skydancers with remarkable affinity toward sleep magic. The affinity was so strong and potentially deadly that Arcyng Leo'Animus was forced to send the majority of these young Skydancers away to protect the clan. Their mortality does vary, depending on how many generations the individual is separated from Mollis'Somnus. To learn more about the Dream Eater Subspecies, then please refer to my pupil Aeterna'Scientia's scrolls dedicated toward studying the subspecies.

As for notable figures within the clan from this subspecies, there are a couple.
    • Mollis'Somnus - Titan Luminare, the Angel of Rebirth that is patriarch of the subspecies
    • Malacus'Nimbus - Elder Dream Eater, a powerful Angel of Rebirth that leads the Dream Eaters of Sanguinem Luna
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
Additional Fields Required
Written by Tacet'Mare

Aeterna'Scientia and I wish to make this Historia as thorough an overview of our clan as possible. The following list is how we keep track of what needs to be filled in.

• Adjust Columns for Legibility
  • Update Significant Events to Present Day (8/8)
  • Acquire depictions of Significant Events (0/8)
  • Draw Heraldry Image
  • Draw Image of Floating Isle
  • Draw Coliseum Venue Images (0/21)
  • Draw Historia Banner Image (500pixel x 250pixel)
Additional Fields Required
Written by Tacet'Mare

Aeterna'Scientia and I wish to make this Historia as thorough an overview of our clan as possible. The following list is how we keep track of what needs to be filled in.

• Adjust Columns for Legibility
  • Update Significant Events to Present Day (8/8)
  • Acquire depictions of Significant Events (0/8)
  • Draw Heraldry Image
  • Draw Image of Floating Isle
  • Draw Coliseum Venue Images (0/21)
  • Draw Historia Banner Image (500pixel x 250pixel)
196.png
  • Countess
  • She/Her
. | . . | .
1 2 3 4