Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why collect every festival skin?
1 2 3 4 5
i have collector's anxiety tbh so i just feel the need to buy them all

I don't use a lot of fest skins (umas always get used tho), but I still like having them on hand because my lair is forever changing. Also, I'm very on the fence about having more fest skins. Haven't really put my opinion about it out there because honestly I don't have one. I'm fine with how it is now but if they do end up adding more I'd be fine with that too. I'm just waiting to see what happens to be honest lol.
i have collector's anxiety tbh so i just feel the need to buy them all

I don't use a lot of fest skins (umas always get used tho), but I still like having them on hand because my lair is forever changing. Also, I'm very on the fence about having more fest skins. Haven't really put my opinion about it out there because honestly I don't have one. I'm fine with how it is now but if they do end up adding more I'd be fine with that too. I'm just waiting to see what happens to be honest lol.
3Y3t130.pnglctaZd8.png AvyBrzc.png
it's fun and doesn't cost gems.
it's fun and doesn't cost gems.
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
[quote name="mothscale" date="2024-03-25 14:54:26" ] As a counterpoint, if nobody bought site skins that they didn't end up using, everyone would have to rely on complete RNG instead of being able to casually buy it from the AH later. [/quote] I buy lots of fest skins for resale purposes! It's actually one of my major sources of income. But I don't consider that "collecting" because I sell them afterwards (I try and move the majority of my stock the day or two after the fest ends). Also I don't buy one of every skin, I get multiples of ones I think will sell well and ignore the others. (I also buy & keep one of everything I think I might want to use someday. However this doesn't help the aftermarket at all because, well, I keep them.) [i]edit: clarifying that I'm only talking about fest skins here[/i] [quote name="Astaraela" date="2024-03-25 17:11:34" ] I personally collect the ones I think I'll use from the Grand Exchange and hopefully all the chests if my grinding goes well (Baldwin has been constant misses for the past multiple fests though, I wonder if they purposely add the ones expected to be least popular to him). [/quote] Slight tangent but I don't personally feel this way. Last fest's [gamedb item=54984] was highly popular and sold for like 70-80g the day or two after the fest ended. [gamedb item=53364] from three fests ago was similarly popular. Of course not every Baldwin skin is popular, but I don't feel like they do worse popularity-wise than fest skins in general.
mothscale wrote on 2024-03-25 14:54:26:
As a counterpoint, if nobody bought site skins that they didn't end up using, everyone would have to rely on complete RNG instead of being able to casually buy it from the AH later.
I buy lots of fest skins for resale purposes! It's actually one of my major sources of income. But I don't consider that "collecting" because I sell them afterwards (I try and move the majority of my stock the day or two after the fest ends). Also I don't buy one of every skin, I get multiples of ones I think will sell well and ignore the others.

(I also buy & keep one of everything I think I might want to use someday. However this doesn't help the aftermarket at all because, well, I keep them.)

edit: clarifying that I'm only talking about fest skins here

Astaraela wrote on 2024-03-25 17:11:34:
I personally collect the ones I think I'll use from the Grand Exchange and hopefully all the chests if my grinding goes well (Baldwin has been constant misses for the past multiple fests though, I wonder if they purposely add the ones expected to be least popular to him).
Slight tangent but I don't personally feel this way. Last fest's Accent: Flutterfall Fable was highly popular and sold for like 70-80g the day or two after the fest ended. Accent: Sedimentary Serpent from three fests ago was similarly popular. Of course not every Baldwin skin is popular, but I don't feel like they do worse popularity-wise than fest skins in general.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
must Hoard in Hoarding game

(what else will my dragons sleep on if I don't accumulate massive piles of Stuff?)
must Hoard in Hoarding game

(what else will my dragons sleep on if I don't accumulate massive piles of Stuff?)
I like to get every event skin because I think it’s fun and super satisfying when I do get every item, especially when I can get duplicates too. This 2024 wind event i ma aged to get every skin and duplicates of the four that I liked!

My treasure amount is still suffering from the last event
I like to get every event skin because I think it’s fun and super satisfying when I do get every item, especially when I can get duplicates too. This 2024 wind event i ma aged to get every skin and duplicates of the four that I liked!

My treasure amount is still suffering from the last event
I don’t know what to put here
I don't collect every single fest skin, but i will buy any i love the artwork of. even if i don't see myself using it anytime soon.

I do the same with UMAs, which means i have a stockpile of them that i really need to sell, but I'm worried I'll regret it later even tho some of these I haven't ever used in years. There are a couple of old skins i only recently managed to get plans for!

I do only either buy skins because i like the art a lot and would want to put it on a dragon someday, or because it already fits a dragon. I... also buy a lot of dragons for their colors and not to put a specific skin on them though. So i both have a lot of dragons without a skin and a lot of skins without a dragon. Oh well. It makes me happy at least, I don't tend to get FOMO in this regard.
I don't collect every single fest skin, but i will buy any i love the artwork of. even if i don't see myself using it anytime soon.

I do the same with UMAs, which means i have a stockpile of them that i really need to sell, but I'm worried I'll regret it later even tho some of these I haven't ever used in years. There are a couple of old skins i only recently managed to get plans for!

I do only either buy skins because i like the art a lot and would want to put it on a dragon someday, or because it already fits a dragon. I... also buy a lot of dragons for their colors and not to put a specific skin on them though. So i both have a lot of dragons without a skin and a lot of skins without a dragon. Oh well. It makes me happy at least, I don't tend to get FOMO in this regard.
Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
I just like collecting one of all the fest skins while they're out; it'd be a shame if a skin came out while I was playing but I didn't pick it up until months later for a dragon I didn't have at the time for a price potentially double or triple the amount it originally went for. I'm more than happy to pay that much for a skin I missed out on legitimately, but I'm trying to stay on top of newly released items for greater flexibility in what I can do. :)

That said, I'm not bothering to go back through the years' catalog of fest offering to amass stuff I don't have an immediate use for. That would be a lot of time spent grinding, and I'll just get burnt out. >_>
I just like collecting one of all the fest skins while they're out; it'd be a shame if a skin came out while I was playing but I didn't pick it up until months later for a dragon I didn't have at the time for a price potentially double or triple the amount it originally went for. I'm more than happy to pay that much for a skin I missed out on legitimately, but I'm trying to stay on top of newly released items for greater flexibility in what I can do. :)

That said, I'm not bothering to go back through the years' catalog of fest offering to amass stuff I don't have an immediate use for. That would be a lot of time spent grinding, and I'll just get burnt out. >_>
If I don't buy it, I just know that one day in the distant future, I'll have the perfect dragon that needs the perfect skin, and that perfect skin will be the festival skin I didn't buy.
If I don't buy it, I just know that one day in the distant future, I'll have the perfect dragon that needs the perfect skin, and that perfect skin will be the festival skin I didn't buy.
ytkEBod.png
5iXiC8z.png
tyEuRXe.png
9PstSFT.png
Wn6vGC1.png
IrmwTXC.png
JuaytuP.png
mlHpBMC.png
nmHdjnM.png
loimysO.png
..…….
look-at-my-fursona-her-name-is-Marsh.png
wind.gif you-WILL-look-at-my-fursona.png
Because, I have a hoarding problem =3
Because, I have a hoarding problem =3
CDZsGNI.pngyEMmEQl.png
[quote]Why collect every festival skin?[/quote] because what if i need it for a dragon 5+ years down the line id rather grab it at 35kt than 350kt
Quote:
Why collect every festival skin?

because what if i need it for a dragon 5+ years down the line
id rather grab it at 35kt than 350kt
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.