Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wind Ancient in time for MistJam?
1 2 3 4
So, think we'll get the Wind Ancient in time for MistJam? It would be cool if they could get Mistral this year. (Also, I have a G1 sitting in my den waiting to be turned into the Wind Ancient since her colors are really good for it and she's a wind dragon. That's just my personal investment, though.) ... What if the Wind Ancient looked like one of those balloons floating around Wind's territory? Round with a snout and wings. Just...balloon. And that's where the design for the balloons came from. They'd obviously NEED Patchwork as a gene...but I digress. I don't even know when we'll get the Wind Ancient this year, but I'm curious about it so I decided to throw this thought out there. What do you guys think? [quote name="Undel" date="2024-02-23 15:16:17" ] There will not be a new Ancient in time for Mistral Jamboree. [/quote] Oh man my thread actually got an official staff member's reply oh my gosh what the heck wow
So, think we'll get the Wind Ancient in time for MistJam? It would be cool if they could get Mistral this year. (Also, I have a G1 sitting in my den waiting to be turned into the Wind Ancient since her colors are really good for it and she's a wind dragon. That's just my personal investment, though.)

... What if the Wind Ancient looked like one of those balloons floating around Wind's territory? Round with a snout and wings. Just...balloon. And that's where the design for the balloons came from. They'd obviously NEED Patchwork as a gene...but I digress.

I don't even know when we'll get the Wind Ancient this year, but I'm curious about it so I decided to throw this thought out there. What do you guys think?
Undel wrote on 2024-02-23 15:16:17:
There will not be a new Ancient in time for Mistral Jamboree.

Oh man my thread actually got an official staff member's reply oh my gosh what the heck wow
i kinda hope not, tbh... i'm still trying to catch up with undertides, sandsurges and auraboas... (i have a ton of aethers though)

if they could make it so there's only 1-2 ancients a year, that would be nice.

also with the recent gene updates and fixes n stuff, they're still getting stuff together for all the other ancients, it feels.

so hopefully we'll get a new ancient a bit later! maybe closer to june or something.
i kinda hope not, tbh... i'm still trying to catch up with undertides, sandsurges and auraboas... (i have a ton of aethers though)

if they could make it so there's only 1-2 ancients a year, that would be nice.

also with the recent gene updates and fixes n stuff, they're still getting stuff together for all the other ancients, it feels.

so hopefully we'll get a new ancient a bit later! maybe closer to june or something.
da64ef312bfd4b00d218c14836b871f044bfa0a7.png Marcie | 28 | they/them | professional fun-haver :} e74fe9ca98503e92fc3b7b5bf41fefc156cac0e5.png
I’ve been suspecting that the Light ancient will be next, since both their breeds are limited. Ours will come after that, followed by Earth. Also if we don’t get it in time for the Jamboree there’s a higher chance for Auraboas to get Mistral, which I think they deserve for matching the most popular Wind Ancient suggestions at the time of their release. Honorary Wind ancient.
I’ve been suspecting that the Light ancient will be next, since both their breeds are limited. Ours will come after that, followed by Earth. Also if we don’t get it in time for the Jamboree there’s a higher chance for Auraboas to get Mistral, which I think they deserve for matching the most popular Wind Ancient suggestions at the time of their release. Honorary Wind ancient.
As cool as that'd be, we probably won't get the Wind Ancient in time for this year's Mistral Jamboree - I don't remember the staff confirming anything about any new breeds being released soon, or which flight they'll be of. I feel like if we were getting a Wind Ancient by about next month, we probably would've heard something about it by now.

I feel like it's most likely that Light may be the one getting their Ancient next, given that (as some users have mentioned) they're the ones that have gone the longest without a new breed release, and one of the Light breeds - Imperials - doesn't even have scrolls available anymore. I also agree with sentiments that Earth may be the last one to get an Ancient breed, given that their latest modern breed - Obelisks - were only released about 2 and a half years ago (wow, time flies!).

In addition, they're still working on fixing existing gene errors and re-releasing lore for Auraboa - and while on the topic of Auraboa, they were only released about 4 months ago, so I doubt they'd release another breed that soon (especially given we already got 3 Ancient breeds in 2023). As much as I love new content, I would still rather wait for a little while in-between releases of new breeds so that issues like gene errors can be solved fairly quickly, which is a sentiment I've seen pretty often here.

That being said, I am pretty excited for a Wind Ancient when it comes out! I think whatever we get will be fairly interesting, but I've seen some ideas for dragons inspired by pterosaurs or flying squirrels, and that's kinda what I'm hoping for (nothing against "noodley" breeds, but we have a lot of them already - and while I can absolutely understand why Auraboa are a Nature breed, they also fulfill a lot of Wind-related traits)
As cool as that'd be, we probably won't get the Wind Ancient in time for this year's Mistral Jamboree - I don't remember the staff confirming anything about any new breeds being released soon, or which flight they'll be of. I feel like if we were getting a Wind Ancient by about next month, we probably would've heard something about it by now.

I feel like it's most likely that Light may be the one getting their Ancient next, given that (as some users have mentioned) they're the ones that have gone the longest without a new breed release, and one of the Light breeds - Imperials - doesn't even have scrolls available anymore. I also agree with sentiments that Earth may be the last one to get an Ancient breed, given that their latest modern breed - Obelisks - were only released about 2 and a half years ago (wow, time flies!).

In addition, they're still working on fixing existing gene errors and re-releasing lore for Auraboa - and while on the topic of Auraboa, they were only released about 4 months ago, so I doubt they'd release another breed that soon (especially given we already got 3 Ancient breeds in 2023). As much as I love new content, I would still rather wait for a little while in-between releases of new breeds so that issues like gene errors can be solved fairly quickly, which is a sentiment I've seen pretty often here.

That being said, I am pretty excited for a Wind Ancient when it comes out! I think whatever we get will be fairly interesting, but I've seen some ideas for dragons inspired by pterosaurs or flying squirrels, and that's kinda what I'm hoping for (nothing against "noodley" breeds, but we have a lot of them already - and while I can absolutely understand why Auraboa are a Nature breed, they also fulfill a lot of Wind-related traits)
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
i would be shocked and i certainly hope this doesn't happen. they need to slow down on breed releases. we just got auraboas, let's enjoy our new breed for a while before getting another one. i still don't even feel like we got to properly enjoy sandsurges.

let's give the art team some breathing room to actually take their time on the next ancient
i would be shocked and i certainly hope this doesn't happen. they need to slow down on breed releases. we just got auraboas, let's enjoy our new breed for a while before getting another one. i still don't even feel like we got to properly enjoy sandsurges.

let's give the art team some breathing room to actually take their time on the next ancient
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
[quote name="JupiterSage14" date="2024-02-22 22:29:04" ] I’ve been suspecting that the Light ancient will be next, since both their breeds are limited. Ours will come after that, followed by Earth. Also if we don’t get it in time for the Jamboree there’s a higher chance for Auraboas to get Mistral, which I think they deserve for matching the most popular Wind Ancient suggestions at the time of their release. Honorary Wind ancient. [/quote] Actually, Pearlcatchers are common. The only other limited breed besides Imperials is Nocturne, a Shadow breed. : )
JupiterSage14 wrote on 2024-02-22 22:29:04:

Actually, Pearlcatchers are common. The only other limited breed besides Imperials is Nocturne, a Shadow breed. : )
1116657.pnga7ary6T.pngmy XYY & XYXY progens!KY9ywbZ.gifqWCWD5R.png
Echoing the sentiment that it's too soon for another ancient. Auraboas still feel brand new to me - let them have a little longer in the spotlight. (And considering the somewhat rocky release, with both lore and art issues, I think staff would also appreciate a bit more time between releases.)

June for a light ancient and November for an earth ancient is my personal guess.
Echoing the sentiment that it's too soon for another ancient. Auraboas still feel brand new to me - let them have a little longer in the spotlight. (And considering the somewhat rocky release, with both lore and art issues, I think staff would also appreciate a bit more time between releases.)

June for a light ancient and November for an earth ancient is my personal guess.
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Honestly, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda hope not.

Not because Wind doesn't deserve their Ancient, just because with all the drama that has happened lately with the gene fixes etc on more recent Ancients, I think more time needs to be taken in between breeds to make sure that they're sound before they're released.

3 last year was fun, but it was also quite a lot. It felt like just as you settled on plans for the latest breed, here comes another new one. Not saying it absolutely won't happen, just I'm hoping it slows back down to perhaps one every six months (2 per year as it was before '23), so the devs have time to actually address fixes in the timeframe they have now set out for themselves.

Also because some of the other Ancients are sorely lacking in genes, and could use an expansion (Veilspun in particular now)
Honestly, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I kinda hope not.

Not because Wind doesn't deserve their Ancient, just because with all the drama that has happened lately with the gene fixes etc on more recent Ancients, I think more time needs to be taken in between breeds to make sure that they're sound before they're released.

3 last year was fun, but it was also quite a lot. It felt like just as you settled on plans for the latest breed, here comes another new one. Not saying it absolutely won't happen, just I'm hoping it slows back down to perhaps one every six months (2 per year as it was before '23), so the devs have time to actually address fixes in the timeframe they have now set out for themselves.

Also because some of the other Ancients are sorely lacking in genes, and could use an expansion (Veilspun in particular now)
972ee6408be03363898b64bb29e640034b1310b4.png7667dd2c536ecd719b369737ff16de5f7adb05d1.pnge6cfb360af67b7bc3881ae209414f2ca128d5b19.png
Last year was....overwhelming honestly near the end. Sandsurges in particular got no breathing room since Auraboas were promised to appear before the end of the year.

I also hope for some more Veil and Modern genes...and to see this universal gene thread in action so that there won't be more potential hell raised about drastic gene alterations.

If we get an ancient for Wind... I'd suspect it'd be bare minimum the latter half of the year. .... Also I personally suspect, with how close Auraboas look to noodledad, that Wind's ancient will "coincidentally" look like Gladekeeper./s
Last year was....overwhelming honestly near the end. Sandsurges in particular got no breathing room since Auraboas were promised to appear before the end of the year.

I also hope for some more Veil and Modern genes...and to see this universal gene thread in action so that there won't be more potential hell raised about drastic gene alterations.

If we get an ancient for Wind... I'd suspect it'd be bare minimum the latter half of the year. .... Also I personally suspect, with how close Auraboas look to noodledad, that Wind's ancient will "coincidentally" look like Gladekeeper./s
x72ysXo.png
Honestly, I don't think we'll get another ancient for another few months due to all the gene issues and unfinished Auraboa lore rework. I'm hoping for a Veilspun gene expansion before then tbh,,,I want my horse bugs to have Blossom and Braids,,,
Honestly, I don't think we'll get another ancient for another few months due to all the gene issues and unfinished Auraboa lore rework. I'm hoping for a Veilspun gene expansion before then tbh,,,I want my horse bugs to have Blossom and Braids,,,
< using my brain powers to get you to buy for 850g MONTY
he/it/veil
adhdtism
skincent shop
about me
93641105.png
1 2 3 4