Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tough decisions: breeding g1s
1 2 3 4
personally most of my dragons remain unbred outside of fodder/lore pairs because i don't like a dragon having offspring where they have no reason having them. What few g1s i have that don't have/haven't had a pair remain unbred.

Obviously this might change if i start a hatchery like you want to, and somehow my lore g1 really matches the theme, i'd more than likely buy a parented dragon with similar colors before i breed that specific one

i suppose my reason stems entirely from lore, i say if you don't already have those dragons serving a specific purpose, go crazy and start the hatchery
personally most of my dragons remain unbred outside of fodder/lore pairs because i don't like a dragon having offspring where they have no reason having them. What few g1s i have that don't have/haven't had a pair remain unbred.

Obviously this might change if i start a hatchery like you want to, and somehow my lore g1 really matches the theme, i'd more than likely buy a parented dragon with similar colors before i breed that specific one

i suppose my reason stems entirely from lore, i say if you don't already have those dragons serving a specific purpose, go crazy and start the hatchery
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
if you've got a dragon with a dope color combo that you would not be opposed to seeing more of, breed 'em! nothing wrong with adding some fresh blood to the site!! that said, i dont tend to breed most of my g1s. it really depends!
if you've got a dragon with a dope color combo that you would not be opposed to seeing more of, breed 'em! nothing wrong with adding some fresh blood to the site!! that said, i dont tend to breed most of my g1s. it really depends!
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
They're your dragons, do what you want with them.

I sometimes breed my G1 dragons, just like any other dragon I own. For some reason I find it kinda cool when I see the results, because it's like "wow, these hatchlings have the same genes I gave their parents!"
They're your dragons, do what you want with them.

I sometimes breed my G1 dragons, just like any other dragon I own. For some reason I find it kinda cool when I see the results, because it's like "wow, these hatchlings have the same genes I gave their parents!"
Tobias | He/Him | Fiesta de Muertos and The Flying Trapeze (100 hatchling challenges)
Regarding forum games, please only select dragons who have familiars - those are the permanent residents of my lair. Feel free to look through the hibernal den, too
I don't breed my G1s on the off chance I get tired of them and need to resell, their value won't tank to fodder price. If they don't sell for months/years though I do end up breeding them for fodder and I'll eventually exalt them as well.

Even those that will 1000% stay with me forever I keep them unbred because I like the clean offspring box and don't want them connected to children I might not keep forever/will end up exalted (in the case where I sell them instead).
I don't breed my G1s on the off chance I get tired of them and need to resell, their value won't tank to fodder price. If they don't sell for months/years though I do end up breeding them for fodder and I'll eventually exalt them as well.

Even those that will 1000% stay with me forever I keep them unbred because I like the clean offspring box and don't want them connected to children I might not keep forever/will end up exalted (in the case where I sell them instead).
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
Completely agree with Sturm.
Completely agree with Sturm.
Duanwu will shamelessly eat your likes. Art by celaine.
Some day, there will be art here.
Wishlist | Lore [WIP] | Gallery | Archive
G1 sales thread here.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Harvest RaffleKeikoKat's Raffe
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you're attached to the drags and don't plan on reselling them, I'd absolutely say go for it!! Offspring lists can certainly bump down the price, but as said by @/Razatharia, you'd technically be at a loss by putting genes on them if you want to resell them anyway. If the idea of running a g1 pair hatchery really interests you then go for it :D

I don't breed dragons in my lair purely for lore reasons (also I wouldn't know what to do with the offspring other than exalting them x'P)
Though I've always wanted to make a g1 breeding pair! I have 2 dragons I'd love to make a pair, but for now they're stuck in hibden for a multitude of reasons,,,
If you're attached to the drags and don't plan on reselling them, I'd absolutely say go for it!! Offspring lists can certainly bump down the price, but as said by @/Razatharia, you'd technically be at a loss by putting genes on them if you want to resell them anyway. If the idea of running a g1 pair hatchery really interests you then go for it :D

I don't breed dragons in my lair purely for lore reasons (also I wouldn't know what to do with the offspring other than exalting them x'P)
Though I've always wanted to make a g1 breeding pair! I have 2 dragons I'd love to make a pair, but for now they're stuck in hibden for a multitude of reasons,,,
4T0426g.png ~~~ Dragon Training

LF UMAs

I don't treat my g1s differently from other dragons in my lair - I breed them if I feel like it. Most of my g1s are bargain bin/fodder floor/freebies, so it's not like they have huge value anyway. I like hatching nests and I like offspring lists. However, I end up breeding my g1s less than other dragons because they don't usually scry as well. - Wide-range XYZ = harder to find a compatible mate - More likely to have heavily accented treasure genes (e.g., fla/fla, fade/blend) that will look weird on offspring that are just a few colors off. By contrast, my g+ dragons are more likely to have gem genes (e.g., starcon, wasp/bee, pharaoh/sarc) that will look good on a variety of offspring. edit: [quote name="Sturm" date="2024-01-16 18:02:09" ] If you're like me, I think then you have to consider if you'd be okay losing control of a part of something you really like. [/quote] As a purely personal counterpoint to this: I really enjoy finding homes for my hatchlings and seeing what the new owners do with them - maybe they get cool outfits and lore! Maybe they start families of their own! Ofc not everyone finds a home and I end up exalting some of them, but I don't mind that either (free money yo).
I don't treat my g1s differently from other dragons in my lair - I breed them if I feel like it. Most of my g1s are bargain bin/fodder floor/freebies, so it's not like they have huge value anyway. I like hatching nests and I like offspring lists.

However, I end up breeding my g1s less than other dragons because they don't usually scry as well.
- Wide-range XYZ = harder to find a compatible mate
- More likely to have heavily accented treasure genes (e.g., fla/fla, fade/blend) that will look weird on offspring that are just a few colors off. By contrast, my g+ dragons are more likely to have gem genes (e.g., starcon, wasp/bee, pharaoh/sarc) that will look good on a variety of offspring.

edit:
Sturm wrote on 2024-01-16 18:02:09:
If you're like me, I think then you have to consider if you'd be okay losing control of a part of something you really like.
As a purely personal counterpoint to this: I really enjoy finding homes for my hatchlings and seeing what the new owners do with them - maybe they get cool outfits and lore! Maybe they start families of their own! Ofc not everyone finds a home and I end up exalting some of them, but I don't mind that either (free money yo).
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
My G1 projects are for me, not for other people - so I tend to care very little about the perceived value of having 'none' in the offspring list. I like my dragons and I don't sell them often, so it doesn't matter.

I like having fodder. I do not like BUYING fodder. Breeding my dragons gives me a steady stream of profit for minimal daily effort. I spend half an hour tops leveling the babies when they grow up and then ship them off to Tidepapa.

Also, I really just like looking at their babies as the nests hatch.
My G1 projects are for me, not for other people - so I tend to care very little about the perceived value of having 'none' in the offspring list. I like my dragons and I don't sell them often, so it doesn't matter.

I like having fodder. I do not like BUYING fodder. Breeding my dragons gives me a steady stream of profit for minimal daily effort. I spend half an hour tops leveling the babies when they grow up and then ship them off to Tidepapa.

Also, I really just like looking at their babies as the nests hatch.
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
For me personally, I play the game based on aesthetic. I like my lair and my dragons to look clean and tidy while also having fun, mostly because looking at well-organized pretty things gives me a serotonin boost lol. Having unbred dragons really benefits that, so breeding my gen1s or my dragons in general is completely off the table. I do have one fodder pair, and I tend not to look at them too closely lol.

However, what you end up doing should really depend on your playstyle and what you want to do! While there are some fantastic points in this thread, the most important thing is how you want to play. Don’t let something as silly as aesthetic stop you from breeding your gen1s— you could hatch a special ID dragon and get a banger of a buck from it! Especially as it would be a gen2. You will 100% find someone willing to grab a bred gen1 if/when you don’t want them anymore! Not everyone cares about offspring lists like collectors do.
For me personally, I play the game based on aesthetic. I like my lair and my dragons to look clean and tidy while also having fun, mostly because looking at well-organized pretty things gives me a serotonin boost lol. Having unbred dragons really benefits that, so breeding my gen1s or my dragons in general is completely off the table. I do have one fodder pair, and I tend not to look at them too closely lol.

However, what you end up doing should really depend on your playstyle and what you want to do! While there are some fantastic points in this thread, the most important thing is how you want to play. Don’t let something as silly as aesthetic stop you from breeding your gen1s— you could hatch a special ID dragon and get a banger of a buck from it! Especially as it would be a gen2. You will 100% find someone willing to grab a bred gen1 if/when you don’t want them anymore! Not everyone cares about offspring lists like collectors do.
thanatos_sig___dingobreath_aka_psycho_by_claustr0ph0bia-dcj037t.png
If they're permas, value decreasing doesn't matter so it's up to you 100%
If they're permas, value decreasing doesn't matter so it's up to you 100%
8-BADFBF9-7-B11-4-F4-E-A48-C-0-FD2320-DF1-F8.png
1 2 3 4